Librem 5 | Linux secure smartphone

Rep: (3167)
Attached Image

A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Very interesting smartphone. It will run on Linux. Targeted at security and privacy.
I create a theme to be able to discuss the smartphone before its release. It is worth taking or not.
It is especially interested in the opinion of people who understand these issues.
Pre-order began some time ago. Left to wait about a year (according to the developers).

Characteristics from the official site
-Does not run Google Android
-Does not run Apple iOS
-Runs PureOS by default, can run most GNU + Linux distributions
-World's first ever IP-native mobile handset
-End-to-end encrypted decentralized communications via Matrix
-5 "touchscreen
i.MX 6 or i.MX 8 CPU (we're already making progress on our roadmap to i.MX 8)
Vivante GPU (Etnaviv free software accelerated driver)
Separate mobile baseband
3GB LPDDR3
32GB eMMC
Microsd slot
Camera (front and back)
Flash
Headphone and Microphone Jack (3.5mm)
Microphone
Speaker
Power Button
Volume Controls
SIM Slot
WiFi 802.11
Bluetooth 4
Debugging interface (internal)
USB host
USB Type-C
Battery
Sensors:
GPS
Accelerometer
Gyroscope
Compass
Ambient Light
Proximity
Hardware kill switches for:
Camera
Microphone
Baseband

Of site:https://puri.sm/
ChannelPurismon YouTube.

Post has been editedferhad.necef - 15.06.20, 05:43
Reason for editing: a channel on YouTube

Rep: (6)
* ferhad.necef,
About privacy in the Internet I vkurse. What's next? A proprietary driver will remotely control the phone? Then the flooring from electronics helps to make your conversations beyond your walls. Will we live in the rooms of Faraday all? We declare the collection of 5 millennium dolarov on the purchase of golden chocolate?

Hofeen @ 10/31/18, 13:32*
everything
This was discussed. A maximum of 5-10% know about such things, and they buy and use both less;)

* ferhad.necef,
Interested in a smartphone because of the Linux / Ubuntu firmware. But after studying the smartphone, I understand that its price is not more than the price of analogous to the gland. The smartphone is only psychologically, I bought a safe smartphone, I feel good, calmer.

Hofeen @ 10/31/18, 13:58*
Smartphone is only psychologically
You know better. People buy "safe" phones with a price much more sabzh. Whose filling and 100 bucks are not worth it. : unsure:

Ferhad.necef @ 10/31/18, 14:02*
You know better. People buy "safe" phones with a price much more sabzh. Whose filling and 100 bucks are not worth it.
Investigated commands transmitted from the SIM card to the phone? What do they contain? Until you filter this traffic, the phone will not be safe.

The computer connected to the network by RJ45 or Wi-Fi - becomes part of the network.
The phone connected to the network becomes the same part of the network. It doesn't matter if there is a sim card in it or not. 112 and 911 are called. So you are online. If you can call on one side, it means that you can call you on the phone. And the call is the connection = network.

Do you think CTOTO will filter all this traffic? They have nothing in the technical task (or business plan as I do not know) anything does not seem to say about it.

* ferhad.necef,
SIM card is essentially a mini comewo and there its OS.
And a safe smartphone must mean by at least its own sim card. Now the cloning of SIM is no longer working.

Rep: (107)
599 dollars (41,697 rupees) for iron of six-year old. Cool.

Rep: (1)
INKVITZ @ 12/29/2018, 00:45*
599 dollars (41,697 rupees) for iron of six-year old. Cool.

Not for iron (and not 6 years ago), and for the full adaptation of fully open software under this hardware

* Wounderfu , it is on the one hand, and on the other - my comment above.

Rep: (423)
* Hofeen , Sims have no OS. : D Roughly speaking, this is a flash drive

Posted on 01/05/2019, 14:42:

Inkvitz @ 12/29/18, 0:45*
599 dollars
WOUDERFU @ 3.01.19, 4:24*
For the full adaptation of fully open software for this the most iron
those. We pay for custom Linux kernel assembly? This is the same elementary. Download the source code, we prescribe Make Menuconfig and Make - ready!

* Incvitz , Do I want you to just 10 dollars the core of the cat? : lol:
The idea of ​​launching Linux on mobile devices is very old. I wonder what the loader is in it

Post has been editedPHPoeniX - 06.01.19, 19:50

* Incvitz , it's pretty simple. So why such money?

* PHPoeniX contributed to the idea.

* Incvitz , I would take at least 300.
Interestingly the following:
ferhad.necef @ 18.01.18, 3:11*
End-to-ENCRYPTED DECENTRALIZED Communications Via Matrix
Mesh technologies interested for a long time
Hardware Kill Switches

* PHPoeniX , I would take for a hundred.
Interested in simply "to poke", as at one time Nokia H9 and H800.

Rep: (1)
Phpoenix @ 05.01.2019, 14:39*
those. We pay for custom Linux kernel assembly? This is the same elementary. Download the source code, we prescribe Make Menuconfig and Make - ready!

Well, here the guys prescribed Make for several years, and WHO and now there.

Rep: (0)
They have built on the site for virtual machines. I downloaded, looked a little (just a few minutes). In the habit, of course, the terminal opened and put a pair of console packages, nothing serious. As for the appearance - without special delights. It looks so simple, an amateur. I liked it. But the price is above my psychological threshold for the "devices to Poky", although very interesting. I even know how I would use it - a smartphone would be useful for me, which could be hooked under purely certain tasks and without binding to Google services. I rolled the "SysAdm" or "Manager" profile with different settings - and this is 2 absolutely different smartphones for different categories of workers, and even those with which you do not need to be played to untie the alphabet and tie to your servers.

Cool "slogan" on the site:
The Only Modern Smartphone You Can (Truly) Own.

Runs Pureos by Default
What is the POS different from Debian?

* PHPoeniX , Your developments and no non-free. But I did not understand much. By the way, Pureos is in the list of recommended by the Foundation of Overlooking.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 30.12.20, 16:53