Librem 5 | Linux secure smartphone

Rep: (2957)
Attached Image

Very interesting smartphone. It will run on Linux. Targeted at security and privacy.
I create a theme to be able to discuss the smartphone before its release. It is worth taking or not.
It is especially interested in the opinion of people who understand these issues.
Pre-order began some time ago. Left to wait about a year (according to the developers).

Characteristics from the official site
-Does not run Google Android
-Does not run Apple iOS
-Runs PureOS by default, can run most GNU + Linux distributions
-World's first ever IP-native mobile handset
-End-to-end encrypted decentralized communications via Matrix
-5 "touchscreen
i.MX 6 or i.MX 8 CPU (we're already making progress on our roadmap to i.MX 8)
Vivante GPU (Etnaviv free software accelerated driver)
Separate mobile baseband
3GB LPDDR3
32GB eMMC
Microsd slot
Camera (front and back)
Flash
Headphone and Microphone Jack (3.5mm)
Microphone
Speaker
Power Button
Volume Controls
SIM Slot
WiFi 802.11
Bluetooth 4
Debugging interface (internal)
USB host
USB Type-C
Battery
Sensors:
GPS
Accelerometer
Gyroscope
Compass
Ambient Light
Proximity
Hardware kill switches for:
Camera
Microphone
Baseband
Attached Image

Of site:https://puri.sm/
ChannelPurismon YouTube.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedferhad.necef - 27.06.19, 00:56
Reason for editing: a channel on YouTube

Rep: (9)
ferhad.necef @ 26.04.18, 12:04*
At least promise.

too much that I was promised with ubuntu, but it has remained a toy for geeks ... And to the usability of the desktop is very, very far away, + all sorts of dubious modules.
We'll see.

mgorkin @ 26.04.18, 13:05*
we will see
Well, that is a given ;)

Rep: (0)
Update of information on the output device does not appear? As it has been pre-ordered a year ago and remained so until, och it is interesting to look at reviews.
mgorkin @ 26.04.18, 11:19*
When comes to the issue - definitely buy. The main thing that Sneakers finished at least to an acceptable level, gnomosechestvo on the phone - no worse. Especially scattered randomly configs.
Why LXDE or ah pig some did not want to make a shell?
Oh, brother KDE-Schnega, give pyatyunyu: rolleyes:: thank_you:
A LXDE and pull yourself should not be a problem if you wish, debian same! Just off the shoe / gnome certainly under any Mobil muzzles sawed.
That's what I'd like to touch a mobile Enlightenment Desktop, it was too efficient in the presence of svistoperdelok: blush:

Post has been editedvoidmann - 30.04.18, 23:35

voidmann @ 30.04.18, 23:33*
debian same!

Since Debian for ARM, suddenly there are pitfalls ...
Simply I see LXDE or other light schedule more reasonable makes it possible to save battery power, the beauty of the windows it is possible to sacrifice autonomy.

Rep: (0)
mgorkin Under the arm in Deba large batch basis, and certainly lxde there. Another thing is that this is a normal desktop, not optimized for mobile touch-screens (or they already have a mobile version? Not looking), but there's someone as comfortable. Personally, I do the main console: D
And pitfalls can always be, where do without them))

p.s. in, people currently on the pill RaspberryPi gashes on juniper with E17:
https: //maverick.inria...chuch/PiPad/mark2.html }-)

Post has been editedvoidmann - 01.05.18, 16:30

voidmann @ 01.05.18, 16:22*
Personally, I do the main console

And Fido, Fido required) Instead of telegrams and gills. But seriously - a very interesting device, to get it, and in the torture ... On the subject of torture. Vendorloki, backdoors there modules strange.

mgorkin @ 1.05.18, 22:59*
Vendorloki, backdoors there modules strange.
Developed swear that everything is just free: D

ferhad.necef @ 01.05.18, 23:04*
developed swear

Canonical also swore ... But until it killed bear's skin. Nobody knows what will be there, but I want to understand already. The main thing that the fate ubuntofna device is not repeated.

* mgorkin , Seems to be a good grandmother collected. More than wanted))

* ferhad.necef, Ubuntofon even sold, but the system-it was abandoned and became a toy for geeks and programmers. That such a fate would not want to Librema.

* mgorkin , We will see...

Shell is still very buggy ...: wacko:
https://puri.sm/posts/librem5-progress-report-9/

* TITAN26, I'm not the first day with Linux in an embrace, but ... Unity, Gnome and Rat I do not like. Shoes - well, lxde on the old - also normal. This subjectivism and vkusovschina. But to drag in a dwarf half shoe due kedosofta - is silly. It is better to put the shoes at once, is not it?

Attached Image
https://puri.sm/posts/...m5-progress-report-11/

The site changed Old pro diaganal screen. It was 5 'was 5,7': good:

Post has been editedferhad.necef - 23.10.18, 14:32

Rep: (5)
I think this LIBRA repeat the heroic feat of Nokia, Jolla, Blackberry, and after 4-6 years will become a brick-dialer.

I'm more interested in the question: what prevents developers the same Plasma Mobile, Ubuntu Touch to make its system more or less able to work for other smartphones? In my opinion the main problem in this, but not in the absence of free and safe iron. Personally, I would not want to pay $ 600 for the levers for a microphone and camera, which would use a mobile Linux when you can buy some sort of an old nexus, install linux on it and use it. Enlighten what obstacle to rarabotchikov.

lidia0 @ 24.10.18, 20:54*
what obstacle to rarabotchikov
I think that first of all in the finance ...

Rep: (6)
I wonder how the account of wood. it's the next debian-based distro, and all kinds of smart ponapichkan gyroscopes, accelerometers

Rep: (6)
please explain, why create a smartphone than a regular smartphone is not safe?

Hofeen @ 30.10.18, 12:41*
than an ordinary smartphone is not safe?
In short the proprietary components, software drivers.
I recommend to get acquainted with the topic.Security in android. Privacy and anonymity on the Internet.

Post has been editedferhad.necef - 30.10.18, 12:54

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 23/05/20, 00:51