Librem 5 | Linux secure smartphone

Rep: (2617)
Attached Image

Very interesting smartphone. It will run on Linux. Targeted at security and privacy.
I create a theme to be able to discuss the smartphone before its release. It is worth taking or not.
It is especially interested in the opinion of people who understand these issues.
Pre-order began some time ago. Left to wait about a year (according to the developers).

Characteristics from the official site
-Does not run Google Android
-Does not run Apple iOS
-Runs PureOS by default, can run most GNU + Linux distributions
-World's first ever IP-native mobile handset
-End-to-end encrypted decentralized communications via Matrix
-5 "touchscreen
i.MX 6 or i.MX 8 CPU (we're already making progress on our roadmap to i.MX 8)
Vivante GPU (Etnaviv free software accelerated driver)
Separate mobile baseband
3GB LPDDR3
32GB eMMC
Microsd slot
Camera (front and back)
Flash
Headphone and Microphone Jack (3.5mm)
Microphone
Speaker
Power Button
Volume Controls
SIM Slot
WiFi 802.11
Bluetooth 4
Debugging interface (internal)
USB host
USB Type-C
Battery
Sensors:
GPS
Accelerometer
Gyroscope
Compass
Ambient Light
Proximity
Hardware kill switches for:
Camera
Microphone
Baseband
Attached Image

Of site:https://puri.sm/
ChannelPurismon YouTube.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedferhad.necef - 27.06.19, 00:56
Reason for editing: a channel on YouTube

Rep: (454)
ferhad.necef @ 18.01.18, 04:11*
Targeted at security and privacy.

And what does this mean?

* Bigfishczy , In free software ... And of course the iron ...

Post has been editedferhad.necef - 18.01.18, 17:38

* ferhad.necef,
All the same, the intermediary in the form of an operator is a hole, not a local security is so important

BigFishCrazy @ 18.01.18, 17:43*
mediator in the form of an operator is a hole,
If the iron is protected by the operator can not see anything ...

Posted on 18/01/2018, 17:45:

BigFishCrazy @ 18.01.18, 17:43*
and local security is not so important
I would not say...

ferhad.necef @ 18.01.18, 18:45*
If the iron is protected by the operator can not see anything ...

A matter of time, or decode or just Bloch would say the same VPN
ferhad.necef @ 18.01.18, 18:45*
I would not say...

It is like believing that the iPhones stolen solely to steal personal of information: D

* Bigfishczy I hope that it will be better than other OS in this regard ...

* ferhad.necef,
Until he reached it makes no sense to argue, everything can change in one day and to believe that he would not secure as usual everything is bought and sold, who will have more than that and will be the key :)

Rep: (100)
Very interesting.
A preview notice desktop GNOME 3, which leads to some good thoughts.

I suppose that it can be free to use any software to the Linux compiled for ARM. So any strong movements of the maintainers in the creation of applications for this axis is not necessary. In addition to adapting the small touch screen, but it has slowly all aspire.

So problems with the support and the number of users of such an axis is much smaller than with other GNU / Linux, that run through the spike hybris.

A time axis is made without the use of hybris, it is very interesting how things are going with the "openness" of iron and the vendor version firmware for them. If so, I guess we can only wish success and great sales)

commandos98 @ 18.01.18, 18:24*
it is very interesting how things are going with the "openness" of iron and the vendor version firmware for them.
I read somewhere that all "free".

Rep: (14)
I understand the $ 599 bucks now for pre-order, or there is a different price, depending on the configuration of devices?

Vadim3008 @ 18.01.18, 19:10*
I understand the $ 599 bucks now for pre-order
Yes exactly!

Rep: (14)
ferhad.necef @ 18.01.18, 19:10*
Yes exactly!
I would like to protestit this miracle

Vadim3008 @ 18.01.18, 19:12*
I would like to
And me too))) A year to wait until the release. Then we'll see.

Rep: (1137)
Well, judging by Speck:
- a diagonal of 5, and if the frame is not large, it means that Accum small;
- non-standard hardware and software, it means goodbye normal sound, including voice, and of course a photo and a video camera;
- if the shell grows from Big Brother, how there with voracity ...?

IMHO:
- just like the smart is not suitable as a mediakombayn, it means he has to be more confined towards geeks .... safe side, well, OK, but then it is smart without messengers, YouTube, and vatsapa vaybera and other things as well ..... it means ...
- on the model Boom 4 will open a special secure messenger "Teledrot-8", for connection to the family of devices and only ...
- ie, need to! screen 6 large Accum, polycarbonate body design as the Nokia-720, the average quality of the IRS, flat screen, the stylus may be {that} in the terminal is convenient;
- and in the end, it'll just be mostly dialer with bolted mini BB .... because to all kinds of codecs and stuff, you (ie they) just will not allow ...
- and if so, that the "power of the hardware platform is almost not needed," because most of the software, you will sooner or later will give, well, if you are looking for ....)))))
- 600 USD like not so much, especially since the project interesting !, but for example, I Xiaomei Mi5es 15 TR, without Google's firmware, guglosofta not all software is replaced by the tested analogs or shelled version, and it is 250 in .e ......
- about the fact that the telephone part of this miracle machine will not knock you ....
The history of the real life .....
The history of the real life .....

It brought me as the fate (for good) to sledakom for particularly important from the cupola, which is investigating cases of organized theft of valuables from museums ....
And he told how they caught one such friend.
This fellow used a simple dialer with a strange number.
And where it was hiding.
circle has been defined by its friends and contacts, and then was put to work, "the young card" for statistical and research rooms.
To do this, it was just that, a notebook, a pen and a printout of calls from its intended circle of friends by operators who gave it all without delay.
A young employee of the week, without any computer revealed a pattern of calls and determine the required number.
Further request the operator, the operator losing pants on the run, provides, in the first place, which area is currently the subscriber terminal, that for the model and move statistics, and the fun !!! The operator gave a device resembling a Nokiyu antenkoy ...... (seen ever in the Soviet film "fox hunting"?), Here and there as well ....
According to the operator leaving the area in holiday array, with the device found a particular cottage, and the subject was arrested ...
Those. to catch him, nothing at all is not required in addition to the telephone number ....

------------------------------------

Possible future:
- dear, I'm on your secret messenger teledrot-8 Send a link to the video, please look at ...
- good roads, only through repo terminalku pirated codecs are screwed ...

Post has been editedFahren-heit - 19.01.18, 10:27

Rep: (21)
ferhad.necef @ 18.01.18, 3:11*
Very interesting smartphone. It will run on Linux. Targeted at security and privacy.
I create a theme to be able to discuss the smartphone before its release. It is worth taking or not.
It is especially interested in the opinion of people who understand these issues.
Pre-order began some time ago. Left to wait about a year (according to the developers) The characteristics from the official site:
-Does not run Google Android
-Does not run Apple iOS
-Runs PureOS by default, can run most GNU + Linux distributions
-World's first ever IP-native mobile handset
-End-to-end encrypted decentralized communications via Matrix
-5 "touchscreen
i.MX 6 or i.MX 8 CPU (we're already making progress on our roadmap to i.MX 8)
Vivante GPU (Etnaviv free software accelerated driver)
Separate mobile baseband
3GB LPDDR3
32GB eMMC
Microsd slot
Camera (front and back)
Flash
Headphone and Microphone Jack (3.5mm)
Microphone
Speaker
Power Button
Volume Controls
SIM Slot
WiFi 802.11
Bluetooth 4
Debugging interface (internal)
USB host
USB Type-C
Battery
Sensors:
GPS
Accelerometer
Gyroscope
Compass
Ambient Light
Proximity
Hardware kill switches for:
Camera
Microphone
Baseband

Of site:https://puri.sm/

cool trick

Post has been editedferhad.necef - 23.10.18, 14:26

Rep: (10)
Phone in any case will be to use a SIM card, and we do not know what the "Law Spring" constrained mobile operators. I think it is unlikely that device blocks the possibility of determining the location of the base stations. In addition, the question remains open for applications such as: Whatsapp, Viber, Telegram, etc. Who will develop a new platform with a small audience? That will have a pseudo-smartphone. Any normal user seeks to ease of use devaysa favorite, and then have to start the car with a pusher, instead of simply press "start engine" button.

ozfr @ 29.03.18, 0:54*
Whatsapp, Viber, Telegram, etc. Who will
On site there is information about what is expected from the use of android applications. Yes, and the smartphone will be on Linux. And already there are vayber and cart ... even saw vatsap) for him)
ozfr @ 29.03.18, 0:54*
It seeks to ease of use
This is incompatible with security and privacy;)

Post has been editedferhad.necef - 29.03.18, 01:09

Rep: (0)
This project is at least needed support. What next - the worse, they want to control everything and all corporations. Already at least user manipulation and a thorough knowledge of all the details about them - it is simply profitable.
Sure to buy this phone at all the money is not exactly recommended. :) on certain foods will be very niche and not the fact that is suitable for everyday use (remember zagnuvshiysya openmoko).

I support them and hope to get the phone out of the categories: 1) in case of nuclear war or totalitarian regime)) 2) as a second to travel: to insert a sim card to hand out the Internet, something like that.

If they manage to make it possible (and easy) run applications from the android there - it will be an incredibly cool and maybe this phone will be viable.

Rep: (8)
When comes to the issue - definitely buy. The main thing that Sneakers finished at least to an acceptable level, gnomosechestvo on the phone - no worse. Especially scattered randomly configs.
Why LXDE or ah pig some did not want to make a shell?

mgorkin @ 26.04.18, 11:19*
I did not want to make a shell?
I think if you did not neglect to support other distro. At least promise. : Scratch_one-s_head:

Post has been editedferhad.necef - 26.04.18, 12:04

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 18/09/19, 18:29