Lenovo Ideapad 720 - 15IKB | Radeon RX560 vs GTX1050

Rep: (1)
* Prosinecki , https: //shop.lenovo.ru...15ikbr-81c70003rk.html

Rep: (2)
* Hunter013 , thank! And do not briefly share your impressions of the use?

* Prosinecki , a smart laptop, there was no overheating yet, I mainly use it for small graphics work, it pulls toys well, noticeably noises under heavy loads, I did not bring the charge to 0%, but it keeps for 6 hours, not easily soiled

* Hunter013 , the bottom cover for the upgrade was easily removed? I’ll probably take it all the same. Dell was advised above, but gets out of the budget :(

* Prosinecki , unscrewed all the screws and gently, using a credit card, snapped open the lid around the perimeter, I met no difficulties

Rep: (202)
Prosinecki @ 10.21.18, 14:16*
Dell was advised above, but gets out of the budget :(

Take an 8GB die right away, even if the memory config is a 4 + 8 curve, because 8 is frankly small, especially for games. Yesterday, the Dell G5 tested in GTA 5 in 2015 at high settings from 1050 - it is tight with 8GB + 2GB swap file. He just stopped with a big one, which means he doesn’t have enough memory. What can we say about new games? Well, we must remember that even though 560 is almost 1050, it is not connected directly to the processor, like 1050 with 45W power, but via the 8Gb / s QPI bus, which it shares with all other devices, including pci-e SSD (which is one potentially able to bite off 50% QPI). And the data flow for such a connection is limited to x4 pci-e 3.0, and not to x16 directly in percent, i.e. levels will load 4 times slower (ideally). And GTA 5 with SSD SATA (550MB / s reading is linear), it loads for a very long time on the Dell G5, you try to wait until the game itself, almost a minute, while the SSD light almost does not blink, so basically there is a loading of the level in video memory. This is despite the fact that the i5 8300h is 40% faster than the i5 8250U (760 parrots in the Cinebench R15 for the G5 long-term vs 520-540 in the 720th) in a multi-threaded test. Despite the fact that the 8300H performance, which is not outstanding for him in the G5, there are laptops that are much cooler with it (this is despite the fact that the G5 weighs like a weight, where all the weight went completely is not clear, with such a terrible performance under a long load). Yes, and the i5 8250U in the same Thinkpad T480s produces almost 660-670 parrots.

Sw-777 @ 10.21.18, 15:40*
Take an 8GB die right away, even if the memory config is a 4 + 8 curve, because 8 is frankly small, especially for games. Yesterday, the Dell G5 tested in GTA 5 in 2015 at high settings from 1050 - it is tight with 8GB + 2GB swap file. He just stopped with a big one, which means he doesn’t have enough memory. What can we say about new games? Well, we must remember that even though 560 is almost 1050, it is not connected directly to the processor, like 1050 with 45W power, but via the 8Gb / s QPI bus, which it shares with all other devices, including pci-e SSD (which is one potentially able to bite off 50% QPI). And the data flow for such a connection is limited to x4 pci-e 3.0, and not x16 directly in percent, i.e. levels will load 4 times slower (ideally). And GTA 5 with SSD SATA (550MB / s reading is linear), it loads for a very long time on the Dell G5, you try to wait until the game itself, almost a minute.

I have an 8GB die and 256 ssd from HP. So I think, maybe, in general, something is easier to take, since I rarely play games. It’s just that those are simpler, and the screens are completely rubbish, and donating a guarantee is dumb.

Prosinecki @ 10.21.18, 16:07*
It’s just that those are simpler, and the screens are completely rubbish, and donating a guarantee is dumb.

So with the RJ45 port and usb 3.0 (if you need it on the right in such a place), there is nothing more. There are 330s-15ikb, but it does not have RJ45, which means that you can’t arrange a smart grid at home, you need to buy a usb 3.0-lan adapter. Well, there’s a little confusion with the screens, and the price is such that there isn’t much sense. Prices are rapidly changing for the better, although the course is still standing still. Recently, in a connected 720 without an OS with 550 they sold for 41k. Maybe some other “discounts” will stir up in November. because soon a new series of prots is being pulled over the hill along with the laptops and it will become more difficult to sell old ones, although the cat has already wept the differences between the new and old ones, this is not the 7th and 8th generation where the difference is 2 times in speed ...

* Sw-777 , without an OS, and now, by the way, you can even take up to 40 thousand - Megabit, Topcomputer and a couple more stores. In principle, you can take it, I think, you still have to insert memory, ssd, you can install Windows yourself.

Initially, I looked in the direction of 330s, but in the normal configuration the price difference is insignificant.

Who needs a tricked out case (not to carry, heavy) - in the city Omen 15 2018 they sharply dropped the price, now they sell it for 50.5k. There is simply a gorgeous set and arrangement of ports, increased reliability and maintainability (ports on individual shawls). The keyboard itself is excellent, suitable for blind input, if you are not afraid of ugly red characters and backlighting. The battery is 1000 cycles, and the Dell has 300. But 1050 has only 2GB (for example, GTA 5 will not go at high, it needs a minimum of 2.5GB). IPS is about the same in class as in the Dell G3-G7, dimmer than in the 720th, but not much. C BOE flickers, it's better to take with LG (AUO is in doubt). For 54k with a 240GB SSD, we get a normal starter kit, which is much faster than all of them, but with games, of course, for the most part, there will be a bummer due to the cut 1050.

https: //www.citilink.r...ile/notebooks/1072583/
If you replace the screen with a BOE-N43, with multi-row backlighting and good color rendering, there will be an excellent working laptop for 60k. Well, then deliver another 8GB of memory, now it’s nowhere in stores in 2666, and 2800 are all curves.

Today it is the cheapest laptop with access to 2 4k monitors and capable of playing UHD remixes from trackers with HDR on 4k TV / projectors. Apart from the untested 330s with Ryzen.

* Sw-777 In general, I decided to order 720-15 without an OS, I will put my own memory and ssd. And by the way, don’t tell me such a moment, Win 10 is already installed on my ssd, can it "wake up" on a new laptop, or is it somehow attached to the hardware and will have to format ssd (the question is, on what) and do a clean installation. Thank.

Litsuha is excluded, only if from a retail box, then you need to transfer the license to a new device, you need to communicate with MS, if you had OEM, you no longer have a license along with the death of old iron. Money paid, but the right is lost, say thank you copyrights ...

If you want the type to have a “license” (normal activation without pirate patches) - put W 10 Pro and buy a pirate key on ebay for a couple of hundred rubles, it will work until an update arrives with a ban of such keys, it has been like this for some years. If you prohibit updates, then there will be no problem. Well, or buy a new key periodically in the same place. They are also handed out free of charge in many forums, but where there is a freebie, they fly away in 5 minutes. Who will be the first to activate.

The most reliable way is to flash in the BIOS slic a table with a key certificate for OEM (you need a special utility for ACS employees), after that the activation will be eternal with entering the key from this manufacturer in Windows (it is put in a regular script), any updates will work without problems, because such a key cannot be banned. You also had activation on the old laptop, if Windows came from the factory.

* Sw-777 , yes, Windows went with the laptop from the factory. Then I'll buy a key on ebay, they are now being sold in the region of 400 rubles. And ssd will need to be pre-formatted, and if so, can this be somehow done on a new computer without an OS? I understand that the questions are lamer, but I want to understand before buying whether I can handle the installation myself or is it easier to pay extra and not to suffer. Thank you again for the detailed answers!

When you run the 10 installer, there will be a full choice of what to do with the disk. Do what you need. I do not recommend giving the entire disk to 10-ke, divide in half if 200+. Then it will be possible to disconnect the HDD when it is not needed in the DM and there will be complete silence, and 120-130GB on volume D is quite enough for the working data of the programs. The main thing is that you don’t agree with anything during installation, turn everything off, and then, as soon as you set it and bring the minimum marafet down, immediately the volume with the system to backup anything on the HDD. And then hacker scripts to roll over the list to cut the increased wear / heating of the SSD, telemetry, spy modules and infernal logging (the wear of the SSD without this is 5-6 times higher than in XP). Start with DWS, just prohibit killing Wlan Auto Config, otherwise there will be problems with wi-fi. Naturally, a backup before this. And so, slowly do yourself something working and without the annoying activity of Microsoft on your computer ...

* Sw-777 Thank you very much for the good advice!

* Sw-777 , the flour of choice continues as a result :) I requested a photo of the service tag on the Dell 5770. I sent one store, but I can’t understand which matrix is ​​installed by these codes:

391-BDJL: MOD, LCD, 17.3FHD, IPS, NT, INX

Part Number Quantity Description

5TMH81INFORMATION, SWSI, LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY, 17.3, NON-TCH

MWY7K1Liquid Crystal Display, 17.3FHD, AG, Au Optronics Corp

Attached images
Attached Image

AU, obviously, INX must be ignored if there is a second record with excellent. Also with LEGEND (LG). Now, if only INX is CHI-MEI.

* Sw-777 , here confused INX and AU. Well, since AU, you can probably take it.

Prosinecki @ 10.27.18, 14:50*
Well, since AU, you can probably take it.

She has problems with VCOM, LG has clean, but she passes the pencil test. Well, the flashes on AUO are their scourge, it is difficult to find a clean copy, although in the end it will be better in brightness and angles than LG. How lucky with the instance. The spread of quality is very large and the cheaper the laptop, the less manufacturers worry about its control in factories ...

* Sw-777 , well, sellers do not want to send a service tag, and it’s too troublesome to ride.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/15/19, 08:41