> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

33 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Kobo eReader: firmware, patches, mods, Russification
.qwerty
Message#1
14.01.18, 08:07
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 956
Check in: 26.03.12

Kobo: firmware, patches, mods, Russification

Devices:
  • Original touch(N905 / N905B)2011, June
  • TouchLC (Low Cost N905C) 2013, January
  • Mini (N705) September 2012
  • Glo (N613) September 2012
  • Aura hd (N204B) 2013, April
  • Aura (N514) 2013, September
  • Aura H2O (N250) October 2014
  • Glo hd (N437) May 2015
  • Touch 2.0 (N587) September 2015
  • Aura Edition 2 (N236) August 2016
  • Aura ONE (N709) August 2016
  • Aura H2O Edition 2 (N867) May 2017
  • Clara hd (N249) 2018, June
  • Forma (N782) 2018 October
Identifying your Kobo device

Firmware:
The latest firmware for your device can be obtained here:
https: //geek1011.githu…tuff/kobofirmware.html

At the time of writing the material is relevantFW 4.7.10413

Installation Procedure:
  1. Download archive
  2. Extract the zip archive (2 files: KoboRoot.tgz, manifest.md5sum and the upgrade folder) to the folder.koboon your device
  3. The device automatically reboots (the charge of the device must be at least 20%)
Wi-Fi Update: at Kobo step update, by branch, see which branches are being updated at the moment (other affiliates) and prescribe the one you need in .kobo / Kobo / affiliate.conf
(here and hereafter: all edits are made by the editor with the Unix line feed format - AkelPad, Notepad ++, etc.).

You can prescribe:
[General]
affiliate = beta

affiliate = fnacwill register the logo of this branch on the screen saver when sleeping,= rakutenbookswill enable PIN locking.

Full listfirmware Kobo and patches for them (Patching instructions):
https: //wiki.mobilerea...Kobo_Firmware_Releases

Patches:
The creation work beganMetazoa , support now provides Geoffr .

General Summary Topic:
https: //www.mobileread...howthread.php? t = 260100

Full list of Kobo firmwareand patches for them (Patching instructions):
https: //wiki.mobilerea...Kobo_Firmware_Releases

Install on Windows, Linux or macOS:
  1. Download archivepatch_kobo_profile number.zipand extract the folder from itpatch_kobo_ firmware_number
  2. Copy the firmware for your device into a subfolderfirmware_source_number /(without unpacking).
  3. View and edit in a subfolderfirmware_source number / * .patch files- they can include the necessary(patch_enable = 'yes')or disable unnecessary(patch_enable = 'no')patches; and also change some preset values ​​for a specific device and / or their preferences.
  4. In Windows, double-click the file.firmware_number.batmouse; in Linux / Mac, open a terminal, go to the folderpatch_kobo_ firmware_number /and run the file./product number.shfrom the command line.
  5. If there are no errors, copy the resulting file.KoboRoot.tgzfrom subfolderstarget_flash_number /to folder.koboon your device.
  6. Safely remove and disconnect your device from the computer; after that, it will be immediately updated and rebooted.
To return the device to its original state, flip it, or edit all files.firmware_number / *. patchby disabling patches (install allpatch_enable = 'no') and repeat steps 4-6 of the above instructions.

or so
kobopatch by geek1011

Tweaks (hidden options):
In file .kobo / Kobo / Kobo eReader.conf we add in section:

[FeatureSettings]
ExportHighlights = true(The ability to export quotes to a text file will appear)
FullScreenBrowser = true(Browser full screen)
FullScreenReading = true(In the settings, it will be possible to disable the footer / header). Since FW 4.11.X is irrelevant.
InvertScreen = true(Includes inverse (white on black) reading mode)
MyWords = true(Includes the ability to save the words you searched for in the dictionary in a separate list)
Screenshots = true(Screenshots, made by the power button or the backlight button, are saved in the root)
SmartShelves = true(Automatic creation of collections. You cannot edit the created collections. If you use Calibre or AutoShelf to create collections, DO NOT include this tweak) It does not work in recent FW versions.
SketchNote = true(It includes the ability to draw, take notes in a readable book. I don’t really understand why this is necessary, except for the owners of Mark 6 and Mark 7, who have cut Beta Features, including Sketch Pad, but this is a possibility)

[Reading]
disableQuickTurn = true(Disables the ability to quickly scroll pages)

[DeveloperSettings]
ForceAllowLandscape = true
(Landscape mode)

[PowerOptions]
UnlockEnabled = true
Adds / removes unlock screen (Swipe to unlock)

To disconnect= false

Registration bypass
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJgRS1c5jFc

Faster to register an account Kobo / Rakuten, you can use any temporary mail service, for example, crazymailing.com/ru/

Russification:
Russification FW 4.12.X

Russification FW 4.11.X

Russification FW 4.9.X

Russification FW 4.8.X

Russification FW 4.7.X

Russification FW 4.5.X

Installation Procedure:
In file.kobo / Kobo / Kobo eReader.confregister in section[ApplicationPreferences]
CurrentLocale = C
ExtraLocales = en

To copyKoboRoot.tgzto folder.koboon your device, the device will automatically reboot.

When updating the firmware, you will get an increased letter spacing, this is because of the stock Japanese fonts.
Solution: remove them (below) or re-Russify (there is a substitution).

Also, if you wish, you can play around with the font size of the menu.

The font size for Large Print is included in
[ApplicationPreferences]
LargePrintFontScale = 1.5

Default Large Text = 1.5
If you set = 1.1, for example, the menu looks better for my taste and color.

Mod to automatically create collections (shelves):
https: //www.mobileread...howthread.php? t = 254554

CopyKoboRoot.tgzto folder.koboOn your device, the device will automatically reboot (charge eReader at least 20%).

The Mark6 devices (Glo HD, Aura Edition 2, Aura ONE, Aura H2O Edition 2 etc) will have problems displaying the AutoShelf image, do not pay attention, the mod works, poking anywhere on the screen, there are no bindings there).

Random Screensaver Image
Its picture instead of the book cover in sleep mode or off.

cry

Kobo Night Mode
Attached Image

https: //www.mobileread...howthread.php? t = 212162

orSo

Landscape mode
Attached Image
Starting with FW 4.11.11980 on all devices is enabled by patchEnable rotation on all devices or in file .kobo / Kobo / Kobo eReader.conf .

Kepub:
Kepub is Kobo's own unique e-book file format, an ePub variation.

Benefits:
  • Faster response to page rotation and text selection.
  • Support pop-up footnotes.
  • Double tap enlarges the image.
  • Shows the amount of time remaining until the end of the book, chapter.
Negative traits:
  • Shows the title of the book in the title (does not turn off or patch).Fixed, starting from FW 4.11, the header can be removed, a side effect - increased margin top (indent from the top).
  • Rendering Kepub adds and stretches the distance around the dash (en dash and em dash), straight speech looks disgusting.
A utility to convert epubs to kepubs:
https://geek1011.github.io/kepubify

It works both with one file and with a group.

Convert fb2 ->epub / kepub

Fonts:
Installing your device on your device fonts: create the folder 'fonts' (or 'Fonts') in the root of the device. Copy your fonts, reboot the device.

Bookerly and Amazon Ember, corrected for Kobo (correctly displayedItalic)
https://www.sendspace.com/file/5q7vhx

Transfers:
https: //www.mobileread...id=161025&d=1514537779

KoboRoot.tgzto folder.kobo

For kepub include patch'Set KePub hyphenation'(libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch).

Correcting letter spacing in pop-up windows:
Remove 2 Japanese fonts:
KBJ-UDKakugoPr6N-M.ttf
KBJ-TsukuMinPr6N-RB.ttf

If you have Cool Reader installed, you can do it in the File Manager or by connecting via WiFiServer, the folderusr \ local \ Trolltech \ QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm \ lib \ fonts

Side effect: “squares” will appear in the list of languages ​​instead of “Japanese”.

Actually, you can delete all those fonts that you do not use that you do not need(except Georgia) .

Dictionaries:
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Installation(very detailed, with pictures, patch description and necessary changes in sqlite and Kobo eReader.conf)
  • d1 Explanatory Dictionary T.F. Ephraim
  • d2 Great Encyclopedic Dictionary
  • d3 Great Soviet Encyclopedia
  • d4 English-Russian dictionary Muller
  • d5 Russian-English dictionary
Download

Attached fileApresyan (En-Ru) .zip(13.33 MB)

more dictionaries

+
Babylon English-Russian
Dahl's Russian Dictionary (Dahl Dictionary)
Efremova (New Dictionary of the Russian Language. Explanatory Word Formation)
English-Russian Lingvistica'98 dictionary
Great Encyclopedic Glossary (Great Encyclopedic Dictionary)

cry

+
Barkhudarov S.G., Protchenko I.F. and Skvortsov L.I. (Editors). Large spelling dictionary of the Russian language (Rus - Rus)
Large dictionary of foreign words
Large modern explanatory dictionary of the Russian language (Explanatory)
Large legal dictionary
Design. Glossary (Rus-Rus)
Evgenieva A.P. (Ed.) Dictionary of the Russian language in 4 volumes (Rus - Rus)
Linguistic Encyclopedic Dictionary (Ru-Ru)
Medical Dictionary
Financial Dictionary
Thesaurus of Russian business vocabulary
Dictionary of Ozhegov and Shvedovoy
Explanatory Dictionary Ushakov
Economic Dictionary of Terms
Etymological dictionary of the Russian language by Max Vassmer

cry

Keyboard:
You can turn on the Russian keyboard by writing in.kobo / Kobo / Kobo eReader.confin section[ApplicationPreferences]
CurrentLocale = en_US
ExtraLocales = en

and choosing'Extra: _ru'atSettings->Language and Dictionaries

However, in the latest firmware it looks skewed to the right, and it is better to use the patch.Geoffr 'but 'Cyrillic Keyboard' .

If you rigged the device:
First, try resetting to factory settings:

Option I
  1. With a paperclip, press the reset button in the small hole near the USB port.
  2. As soon as the square boot icons appear on the screen, press reset again.
  3. Repeat point 2 two more times. The screen will turn black and a critical error message will appear on it.
  4. To completely reset the device, click the check mark at the bottom of the screen.

Option II
  1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the power button.
  3. Click with two fingers at the same time on both lower corners of the screen until the book starts to perform a factory reset (it is possible that you have to try several times).

Reset Aura One, Aura Edition 2 & Aura H2O Edition 2
  1. Connect your device to a power source by doing one of the following:
    • Connect the included USB power cable to your computer and then your device.
    • Connect the charger (not included) to an electrical outlet, and then connect the eReader to the charger.
  2. Press and hold the power button until the power indicator on the upper right corner of the reader turns off.
  3. Release the power button.
  4. Press and hold the power button on the reader for 30 seconds.
  5. Wait until the recovery screen appears.
  6. Release the power button. The screen of the reader will turn black and the recovery process will begin. After the process is complete, follow the on-screen instructions to set up the eReader. You need active Wi-Fi access or an Internet connection to complete the installation. You can also use the Kobo Desktop application to customize the reader using a computer.

Disassembling and replacing the SD card:
https://e-ink-reader.ru/kobo_memory_resize.php

Kobo Touch N905, Aura, Aura ONE, Aura H2O Edition 2 and Forma havefixed memory module.

Where to get the image of the SD card?
Kobo Aura H2O

Kobo glo hd

Kobo auraEdition 2 v.1

Ask for mobile phone by finding the topic 'Need SD image' for your device:
https: //www.mobileread...howthread.php? t = 297010

If your device is not in that list (mobileread), a memory cardfixed .

Cool Reader:

KOReader for Kobo:

Plato - a document reader for ePUB, FB2, PDF, DjVu, etc.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

https: //www.mobileread...howthread.php? t = 292914

Installing KOReader & Plato "in one click"

Running KOReader & Plato via fmon
cry

Post has been edited.qwerty - 13.03.19, 20:39
Mykola1991
Message#2
14.01.18, 11:19
Novice
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 35
Check in: 24.01.15
LG Optimus L3

Patches:

If you can describe in more detail what the patch does. From your words, I realized that you can use these instructions on all Kobo devices, right?
.qwerty
Message#3
14.01.18, 12:01
[offline]

Messages 956
Check in: 26.03.12

You can use these instructions on all Kobo devices.

Mods that do not work on all devices are absent in the header.

As an example:
Random Screensaver Image

a wonderful mod, but alas, is not working now on the Mark 6 (Glo HD, Aura ONE, etc.).

A patch is used to change the settings, fine-tuning the device for yourself.

'Cyrillic Keyboard' includes Russian keyboard
'Show games on Beta Features' opens games for Mark 6 devices, etc.

By default, all changes are turned off there, I highly recommend reading the above summary topic, there are screenshots attached to the changes, where you can clearly see what is changing and decide for yourself "do I need it?" There is not much.

Also, the 'before and after' pictures are present in each patch theme (if something changes), and the patch itself provides links to the topic / post.

It is better to figure it out yourself, select the actual you need for yourself, having done it once, and then just use your template. Kobo firmware is updated quite often, patches, respectively, too. And something appears, something disappears.
Waldy55
Message#4
14.01.18, 12:14
Local
[offline]

Messages 120
Check in: 19.08.14

To the topic. There is a page in GermanKobo tweaks. I once helped a lot.
Drzolberg
Message#5
01.03.18, 11:55
Local
[online]

Messages 178
Check in: 28.09.10
UleFone Armor 2

Not a fig is not Russified.
Registered
CurrentLocale = C
ExtraLocales = en

Copied KoboRoot.tgz to the .kobo folder on the device, the device automatically rebooted

Extra: ru appeared in the settings and still everything is in English.
Who can tell where to dig?
goa461
Message#6
02.03.18, 22:06
Local
[offline]

Messages 208
Check in: 06.06.10

With fullscreen, there is no way to add progress and time? Thin line at the top?
And you can do it somehow so as not to click on the connection every time you connect to the computer (after all, it’s impossible to fill the books by air)

Post has been editedgoa461 - 03.03.18, 09:45

--------------------
you grow up yourself - pull up the equipment
gsom9000
Message#7
07.03.18, 12:30
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 6
Check in: 13.04.10

I will share my joy. A year and a half Kobo Touch N905B with a white screen without inscriptions was lying and did not turn on. Flashing blue and then green lights, the charge was just green, but the screen remained empty. Yesterday I took it apart (on a roller on YouTube, it's easy), pulled out a memory card, it was killed, files like new firmware were not transferred to it completely. And the backup image of this card did not work - read error. In general, on the advice of the forum, I climbed onEnglish-speaking forumand just asked for a card image for my book (my message is visible there). Dude with a nicknamedavidforAfter a couple of hours there in my personal sent a link just to the image of the SD card which I uploaded to the new two-bit flash drive. The man asked not to share a temporary link to the image of the flash, he gives out himself when asked. Pasted back, and it started! Works! True, the image is English, but it's better than looking at a blank screen. The book came to life, the whole thing was a dead flash drive inside a slot on the board.

Post has been editedgsom9000 - 07.03.18, 12:31
hoxx
Message#8
28.03.18, 21:12
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 1
Check in: 27.01.10
Nokia 5530 XpressMusic

Good evening! I can not find Russification for firmware 4.5.9587 anywhere. Does it even exist?
Mitch81
Message#9
08.04.18, 06:11
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 754
Check in: 26.11.11
Huawei Mate 10 ALP-L29

Russian keyboard can be enabled
and for aura edition 2 it will work too?
SLOTHEADS
Message#10
26.04.18, 16:17
Old resident
[online]

Group: Curators
Messages 976
Check in: 25.01.08
Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE SM-G935F

If you have Cool Reader installed, you can do it in the File Manager or by connecting via WiFiServer
and if not installed? Are there any options to get to the memory from the computer?

--------------------
Herman011
Message#11
30.04.18, 18:53
User
[offline]

Messages 79
Check in: 19.03.12

SLOPES @ 04/26/18, 16:17*
In the file .kobo / Kobo / Kobo eReader.conf we add in the section [FeatureSettings]

Colleagues, tell me, if the above section is missing - what to do? To add? And if you add - does it matter, after what to add it?

Copy KoboRoot.tgz to the .kobo folder on your device, the device will automatically reboot (charge eReader at least 20%).

And also - what kind of shelves does he create? Imports shelves from Caliber, or most need to shove them? And how, then, is this different from the list creation mechanism in Kobo?

Post has been editedHerman011 - 30.04.18, 18:56
Herman011
Message#12
30.04.18, 20:33
User
[offline]

Messages 79

In the file .kobo / Kobo / Kobo eReader.conf we add in the section [FeatureSettings]

ExportHighlights = true (The ability to export quotes to a text file will appear)

And further. Section added, saved. Only I can not understand - how to set up so that the quotes are stored in a file? When selecting quotes there is no such function, in the settings I also did not find an update.
SLOTHEADS
Message#13
01.05.18, 00:09
Old resident
[online]

Messages 976

To add? And if you add - does it matter, after what to add it?
well no.

--------------------
Herman011
Message#14
01.05.18, 10:48
User
[offline]

Messages 79

SLEEP POTAM @ 05/01/1 00:09*
well no.

Then I did everything right. In this regard, the question is - how does this export work? Or turn on? Something he does not export anything, and even the new buttons did not appear.
SLOTHEADS
Message#15
01.05.18, 12:06
Old resident
[online]

Messages 976

* Herman011I don’t know, I registered other parameters there, this one didn’t interest me.

--------------------
Herman011
Message#16
01.05.18, 12:30
User
[offline]

Messages 79

And further. Section added, saved. Only I can not understand - how to set up so that the quotes are stored in a file? When selecting quotes there is no such function, in the settings I also did not find an update.

Tweak works. I found the instructions on the English-language forum (although I do not have one such problems).
With a long press on the book in the list of books in the long drop-down list will appear the button "Export quotes". After clicking on it, Kobo will offer to give the name to the file created in the root of the txt book. It is better not to open it with a notebook (for all the formatting flies, and they go in a solid stripe) but with a Word - then the breakdown into different quotes will be preserved.
Very useful stuff.
Ungertil
Message#17
09.05.18, 13:07
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 24
Check in: 15.02.12

Hello! Question: Periodically in the books there are pictures, but they are small. Is there any tool to deploy them to full screen? I read in Kepub. Thanks a lot in advance
SLOTHEADS
Message#18
09.05.18, 14:40
Old resident
[online]

Messages 976

* Ungertil, if you are reading in kepab, just double-click on the picture.

--------------------
Ungertil
Message#19
09.05.18, 15:41
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 24
Check in: 15.02.12

* SHELLS,for some reason it does not work (there are no other ways?
SLOTHEADS
Message#20
09.05.18, 18:35
Old resident
[online]

Messages 976

* Ungertil,yes somehow there was no need for other ways to look.
Try checking on this file:

It works for me
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedSLOTHEADS - 09.05.18, 21:20

--------------------
AlexTransit1
Message#21
24.05.18, 07:47
User
[online]

Messages 79
Check in: 20.10.10

Bought for the mother-in-law this device.
and then I do not understand the Russification.

registered in the file .kobo / Kobo / Kobo eReader.conf
CurrentLocale = C
ExtraLocales = en

and Russian keyboard appeared in the keyboard.

upgrade as described here
Kobo Glo (Post .qwerty # 68101865)
and the interface has become in Russian. But the keyboard is crappy.

if you make Russians in the keyboard, the Russian interface disappears. :)

I failed with firmware 4.7.10364 - the interface and keyboard in Russian did not exist.
I sewed on 4.8.10956 the same garbage.

But how to make an interface in Russian and keyboard with Russian letters?

33 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 02.05.19, 14:39