Microntek MTCD / E / P (RockChip PX5) Head Units Android 6/8/9 - Discussion | Car and Android device

Rep: (587)
Microntek Head Units (RockChip PX5) Android 6/8/9 - Discussion
MCU Versions: MTCD / E / P_XXXX(there are many versions, not to list them all).

Discussion пїЅпїЅпїЅ | Discussion GU PX5 | Modification of software and decorations 6 пїЅпїЅпїЅ | Modification of software and decorations 8 пїЅпїЅпїЅ | Hardware пїЅпїЅпїЅ |

• To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison
  • All images must be removed under the spoiler ( Working with Images on the forum )
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Specifications
operating system Android 6/8/9
CPU Rockchip PX5
Ram 2 / 4GB DDR3
Inner memory 32GB
Graphics coprocessor PowerVR G6110 GPU
Capacitive touch screen (5 points)
Screen resolution 1024x600, 800 * 480
Screen density 240 dpi
GPS receiver SIRF III
Radio TDA7786, TEF6686 FM / AM
Frequency range :
FM 87.5-108MHz with 0.05MHz steps (EU) and 0.1MHz (US)
AM 522-1620KHz with 9KHz steps (EU) and 10KHz (US)
The number of memorized stations is 30 (FM 3 * 6, AM 2 * 6), RDS support
DVD decoder (optional) IC Sunplus 8202VGQ
1080p video resolution
Sound amplifier IC TDA7851
9 band equalizer
Output power amplifier 4 * 45W
Built-in Bluetooth and WIFI adapters
USB modem support WCDMA, EVDO, TD-SCDMA
A2DP profile support
Synchronize contacts and search the phone book
Call recording
Built-in microphone, external support
Audio formats MP3, WMA, AAC, RM, FLAC, etc.
MPEG-1/2/4, H264, H263, VC1, RV, RMVB, DivX, Sorenson SparK, Spark, VP8, AVS Stream video formats, etc.
Support OBDII Bluetooth adapter connection
Mirror Link support
Support connecting USB DVR cameras (PC Standard)
AV camera support
Additional monitor support for passengers
Support remote control buttons on the steering wheel of a car

ZA photo
Photo from jawa67
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Vnutryanka
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Photo from user DronK38
Attached Image
Photo from ALFREE user
Attached Image
Attached Image
Photo from user 7OH
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

uFAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

AT:When you try to enter the "Factory Settings" password is requested. What is he like?
A: 126. On rare devices - 3368, either m123456, or 121212.

AT:What is the "factory settings" where is it?
A: it ismenu item(for some, this is the "boot menu") when you switch to which you find yourself in hidden settings,Be careful with any changes, if you don’t know exactly what this or that item is responsible for, it cannot be changed.
The password is made not in vain.
Customer version just can not be changed at all. GU may not turn on.
, it is better make backup in advance settings, or at least otfotkat.

AT:How to get root-rights?
ABOUT:
  • Via ADB -here, hereandhere- Android 8
  • Another method ishere- Android 8
  • Root for PX5 -here- Android 9

AT:If the window "to improve the accuracy of geodata" constantly appears when you exit from sleep mode, how to remove?
A: Answer inpost.

AT:How to enter recovery mode?
ABOUT:
  • See post
  • For owners of tape recorders, "glass" that is, without hardware buttons. To enter Recovery mode, we use the "Reset" button. Hold the "Reset" button for 5-7 seconds, release and immediately press again for 3 seconds, release. GU is loaded into the "Recovery" mode oranother way + video
  • Hardware entrance to the recovery for the recorder Marubox -here
  • After rebooting into the recovery, it happens that he enters the recovery, but the screen is off, press the power again

AT:Stitched the android, something happened, now it does not load, hangs on the logo or falls out into the recovery, what should I do?
A: Take advantagerecovery instructions.

AT:What is the power consumption of the PX5 in sleep mode?
Рћ: When the red wire is disconnected, the consumption in half a minute drops to 5.7 mA.

AT:How to make friends GU and ELM327?
ABOUT:The answer is in the post.

AT:How to set up the touch and train the touch buttons?
ABOUT:youtube

AT:On the updated Google, mtcdealer does not work, how to call?
A: You have to click on the microphone, and not to say Ok, Google. Then the Voice Match will not appear.

AT:How does the brightness of the screen in the night (day) mode when the dimensions?
ABOUT:Head units Microntek MTCD / E / P (RockChip PX5) Android 6/8/9 - Discussion (Post by sun.valeo # 76680306)

AT:I can't play YouTube videos, Videos, etc., what should I do?
A: Driver settings - enable to play video in motion tick.

AT:How to change the logo of the car?
A: The factory settings under password 126 are the second tab.

AT:Is the radio, flash drive, bell or A2DP strongly loud / quietly played relative to each other?
A: The factory settings under password 126 are the fourth tab.

AT:Does Bluetooth and WiFi module work badly?
A: Check if you have a paired Bluetooth + WiFi module, which, if you turn on these functions at the same time, does not work well. Also, on some devices, it is noted that when the “Multimedia audio device” switch in the Bluetooth profile of the radio on the Phone is turned off, WiFi speeds up.

AT:How to enable the developer menu?
Рћ: Readhereandhere.

AT:Why can't I connect an external Bluetooth keyboard, button, volume knob, etc.? After all, the radio tape recorder sees the device?
A: The BT module of the radio is trimmed and can work ONLY with two things: 1. An OBD adapter and 2. A speakerphone for the phone.

AT:Can I connect additional headrest monitors?
A: There is an AV-out tulip on GU, but this does not mean that the hardware head supports this function. To do this, the corresponding chip should be soldered on the motherboard. If you have a DVD drive, then the picture will be only from a DVD. If the GU hardware supports the transfer of video to additional monitors - there will be a full screen duplication.

AT:after the MCU firmware version unmatch appeared
A: Clean uphere

AT:Bad radio reception?
ABOUT:Head units Microntek MTCD / E / P (RockChip PX5) Android 6/8/9 - Discussion (Post mvpimonov # 85530794)

AT:What is the "customer version" in the factory settings?
ABOUT:Head Unit Microntek MTCD / E / P (RockChip PX5) Android 6/8/9 - Discussion (Post cs-x # 83171961)

AT:I want to choose a radio tape recorder, which manufacturer has the best stuffing and minimum problems?
ABOUT:Head Unit Microntek MTCD / E / P (RockChip PX5) Android 6/8/9 - Discussion (Post sdfghjk-78 # 70897686)

AT:Can I call by voice?
A: Yes, on the mod from Hal9k, how to callhere

AT:How is the work of the front camera?
ABOUT:Head Unit Microntek MTCD / E / P (RockChip PX5) Android 6/8/9 - Discussion (Post by booroondook # 72371961)

AT:I reset the saved stations after a reboot and some application settings, what to do?
A: put in the factory settings "Default power status" = "Memory status of last"

AT:I do not synchronize contacts on the GU with the phone, what should I do?
ABOUT:HereorHere

AT:How can I limit the player to search folders?
A: You need to place the files that you do not need to play in a folder whose name contains one of these lines:
"IGO", "Navi", "Map", "System Volume Information", "sygic", "data"

AT:I have a key learning point, can I reassign the buttons on the steering wheel / radio to your taste?
A: Key training is available if the connection is NOT through the CAN bus, and on the straight line from the keys in the radio tape recorder, these are usually the brown wires of key1 key2. An exceptionmod from Hal9k

DFirmware
First of all: Everything you do with your device, you do at your own peril and risk.

The device firmware consists of two parts: "Android firmware" and "MCU firmware"
Before updating the "Android firmware", make sure that the version of the processor (PX5) and android (6,8,9) firmware matches your GU, then you can choose firmware from any manufacturer.
You can only update your own MCU!

Firmware from manufacturers can be found in the Yandex.Disk cloud service at the link below or use the mods in the sections.Modification of software and decorations for GU PX5 Android 8.0.0
Modification of software and decorations for GU PX5 Android 6.0.1

Attention . Firmware released after mid-May 2019 has a protection in itself that does not allow installing the firmware until mid-May, that is, under build (downgrade), you get a bootloop. Read more here and here

Index.Disk - filling cloud service from kumarai .
If you have firmware and want to share:
For registered users - send the link to me inQMS
For unregistered users - send a link to[email protected]

Modified MCU MTCD / MTCE firmware -here

пїЅ Useful
  • Instructions on how to make backup sections of the firmware in order to return to the initial state after unsuccessful experiments or failureshere
  • The program for automatic brightness control -here
  • Addition to the topic header -here
  • Layout by MCU firmware brands - Sellerhere, hereandhere
  • 4G USB Modem Connection -hereandhere
  • How to run the GU on the table from the PC power supply -here
  • Instructions on how to physically disable the parking lines in the camera in the absence of derived loops -here
  • A little about the complete DVR -here
  • Bootable SD card, what it is and what to eathere
  • Switch to Android 8 fromHal9k - here
  • Switch to Android 9 (and back) fromHal9k - here
  • The second tab DSP -here, also a video review of the radio with DSP and a description of the equalizer functionhere
  • The theory of wifi dump in cold weather -here
  • Combining memory with a GPS map -here
  • A set of programs fromsdfghjk-78 - here
  • Detailed post about the video functionality of our recorderhere
  • Disable Sidebar in Oreohere
  • About the lack of IPS screen on the radiohere
  • Automatic activation of the WiFi access point on the phone when connecting via Bluetooth (allows the radio tape recorder to immediately find WiFi) -here
  • Description of the video pathhere
  • List of supported modems -here
  • How to make your bootanimation -here
A few words about overheating and cooling
Disclaimer:
The problem with overheating is typical mainly for PX5 processor boards with 4GB RAM. The problem of overheating itself can be associated with both the installation site of the PG, the architectural layout, the assembly and the quality of the materials used, and with the installed or used software / MCU / Firmware, connected peripherals. But all this is in any case individually. Someone uses it as it is, does not measure the temperature, does not make any additional modifications to the cooling and does not encounter any problems from overheating, but there are also those who actually encounter the problem of overheating and this section of the header is created for this.

Now detail:
Rockchip PX5 processor limit
temperature of 125 В° C, upon reaching which the processor should automatically shut down, resulting in a sudden reboot of the device. When the processor reaches a temperature of 90 В° C, throttling comes into play (protection against overheating by
lowering the clock frequency on the processor cores) and as a result, a drop in performance occurs and the system may hang.

Check whether the thermal interface of your PG copes with heat removal under high processor load using the programCPU Throttling Test

CPU temperature monitoring software:

The experience of the members of the forum on improvements:

Radiators:

Examples of improvements for better CPU cooling:

Thanks for gathering information -Borozda

Current issues

• Receiver brandKANOR and other manufacturers with the DSP module installed may have problems with sound when getting out of sleep: this problem is relevant from 01.06.2018. The solution is to restart after sleep, disabling auto sleep. Or:
    The first solution to the problem ishere.This option is not 100% tested.
    The second solution to the problem -here
    The third solution to the problem -here

• Receivers of some brands likeKANOR, XTRONS, (and possibly others) may have problems at zero temperature and below. The problem manifests itself as broken YUSB ports, WI-FI, BT. This problem is relevant from 01/11/2018. Solution - reboot after boot.
    Solution option -here
    Solution option -here
    Solution option -here
    Solution option -here
    Solution option -here
  • Wi-Fi blade when leaving sleep.
    Solutionhereandhere
    Most of the problems above are no longer relevant for new devices. New DSP cards and hubs are no longer so buggy.
  • Some receivers have a problem with the hang of the rear camera.
    Solution option -here
  • When switching from Android 6 to 8.9, some Bluetooth modules do not work. Read morehereandhere
    Option hardware solutionshere

Topic CapAndroid 6.0.1

( Thanks for the help in filling the FAQ and caps.

For filling caps write to QMSnextonazzz

Post has been editednextonazzz - Yesterday, 23:26

Rep: (587)
Microntek Headsets (RockChip PX5) Android 6.0.1 - Discussion
MCU Versions: MTCD_XXXX; MTCE_XXXX(there are many versions, not to list them all).

Discussion пїЅпїЅпїЅ | Discussion GU (RockChip PX5) | Modification of software and decorations 6 | Modification of software and decorations 8 | Hardware | |

• To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison
  • All images must be removed under the spoiler ( Working with Images on the forum )
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Specifications
operating system Android 6.0.1
CPU Rockchip PX5
Ram 2GB DDR3
Inner memory 32GB
Graphics coprocessor Mali-400 MP (OpenGL ES 2.0 support)
Capacitive touch screen (5 points)
Screen resolution 1024*600
Screen density 240 dpi
GPS receiver SIRF III
Radio TDA7786 FM / AM
Frequency range :
FM 87.5-108MHz with 0.05MHz steps (EU) and 0.1MHz (US)
AM 522-1620KHz with 9KHz steps (EU) and 10KHz (US)
The number of memorized stations is 30 (FM 3 * 6, AM 2 * 6), RDS support
DVD decoder (optional) IC Sunplus 8202VGQ
1080p video resolution
Sound amplifier IC TDA7851
9 band equalizer
Output power amplifier 4 * 45W
Built-in Bluetooth and WIFI adapters RTL 8723BU
USB modem support WCDMA, EVDO, TD-SCDMA
A2DP profile support
Synchronize contacts and search the phone book
Call recording
Built-in microphone, external support
Audio formats MP3, WMA, AAC, RM, FLAC, etc.
MPEG-1/2/4, H264, H263, VC1, RV, RMVB, DivX, Sorenson SparK, Spark, VP8, AVS Stream video formats, etc.
Support OBDII Bluetooth adapter connection
Mirror Link support
Support connecting USB DVR cameras (PC Standard)
AV camera support
Additional monitor support for passengers
Support remote control buttons on the steering wheel of a car

A photo
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Unassembled -here
FAQ

AT:When you try to enter the "Factory Settings" password is requested. What is he like?
A: 126. On rare devices - 3368, either m123456, or 121212.

AT:How to get root-rights?
About: Kingo ROOT.Using a PC. Without PC.

AT:How to make a root from SuperSU?
Рћ: Get the root in the manner indicated above. Then delete KingoRoot and everything connected with it. Install the SuperSU application, go into it and update the binary file. Reboot.

AT:If the window "to improve the accuracy of geodata" constantly appears when you exit from sleep mode, how to remove?
A: Answer inpost.

AT:How to enter recovery mode?
ABOUT:See post

AT:Stitched the android, something happened, now it does not load, hangs on the logo or falls out into the recovery, what should I do?
A: Take advantagerecovery instructions.

AT:What is the power consumption of the PX5 in sleep mode?
Рћ: When the red wire is disconnected, the consumption in half a minute delivers up to 5.7 mA.

AT:How to make friends GU and ELM327?
ABOUT:The answer is in the post.

Firmware

Index.Disk - filling cloud service from kumarai .
If you have firmware and want to share:
For registered users - send the link to me inQMS
For unregistered users - send a link to[email protected]

Android firmware 6 =>Android 8 Oreo Rom -instruction here

Modified MCU MTCD / MTCE firmware -here

Temporarily not supported update
Useful

• If the window "improve the accuracy of geodata" constantly appears when you exit from sleep mode -answer
  • for owners of tape recorders "glasses", like mine, that is, without hardware buttons. To enter Recovery mode, we use the "Reset" button. Hold the "Reset" button for 5-7 seconds, release and immediately press again for 3 seconds, release. GU is loaded into the "Recovery" mode
  • The solution for dumping flash drives when exiting from sleep mode -here
  • MCU firmware brand layout -here
  • 4G USB Modem Connection -here
  • Compatible bluetooth & Wi-Fi USB "whistle" -here
  • Connected TMPS to KANOR head -here a continuation

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling caps, please contact the section moderators via the "Complaint" button under the messages to which you want to add links.
If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators) or inQMS.

Post has been editedkumarai - 18.06.19, 15:01

Rep: (1)
Bought a new tape recorder. This miracle came to me $ 228. What did I get? I do not really understand, but looking at the description and characteristics in the cap, it seems to me that my radio tape recorder is slightly different. Why
CPU architecture - ARM Cortex-A53
cpu model - 8 Core ARMv8 Processor (VFPv4, NEON) (if you understood correctly, 64 percent, and cores of 1200 MHz each)
graphic cpu - PowerVR Rogue G6110
GPU version - OpenGL ES 3.1 build 1.5@3830101
pixel density - 240 dpi
RAM - 2000mb
Android SDK - 23
Kernel version - Linux version 3.10.0
The test for antitu 6.3.3 shows 35617
First impressions are positive. Like the interface. Initially very pleasant and seemed convenient to me. When properly connected, that is, through the ignition lock, the radio tape recorder with the ignition off consumes 0.01 A, when it is first turned on it loads for some time, maybe 20 seconds - 30 seconds. drops from 1 amp to 0.01 amps in about 30 seconds, after the load has dropped to 0.01 amps, we turn on the ignition and the radio tape recorder turns on instantly! and starts with the last action !!! What a great pleasure! ) if the music is turned on then the music starts to play, if the video was turned on in the YouTube, then the YouTube is loaded, and the video is paused at that moment which turned off the ignition! )
Maybe it's bullshit and little things, but I really like it)) What to say) Cool)) If you have questions, ask, I will try to answer as much as possible! )

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Rep: (501)
Tianddu @ 02.28.17, 06:09*
3368 does not have Android 6.0

"fix" this and "declare":
http://freaktab.com/fo…source-code-for-rk3368

https://github.com/abh...ux-3.10.92-marshmallow

https://github.com/abh...t-v2014.10-marshmallow

Rep: (0)
And tell me pzhlsta - these miracles - devices with OBD2 on bluetooth can work? I would like to receive the parameters of the car on the screen of the radio direct.

Rep: (4)
* Klinbl4,
What about the CPU temperature?

Rep: (19)
Dabest66 @ 03/01/17, 16:08*
These miracle devices with OBD2 on bluetooth can work?

can and on sinezubu and on wi-fi .....

Rep: (183)
KGL
Attached Image

* almera412,
https: //www.aliexpress....14.12010615.0.0.0nvbAPI bought this) now I will do a photo and scoop up.

* Eraser_S,
how to know the temperature of the process? Through anttu does not go out even. Or maybe not looking there?

Klinbl4 @ 03/02/17, 14:01*
how to know the temperature of the process?

tryTemp + CPU V2

Rep: (5)
Klinbl4 @ 03/02/17, 13:40*
almera412,
https: //www.aliexpress....14.12010615.0.0.0nvbAPI bought this) now I will do a photo and scoop up.

I also ordered this model to anyone interested in its full size ... Case Size 178 * 100

Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedBionis - 02.03.17, 15:56

Rep: (0)
it is written like this
Radio Chip ST 7786 and TDA 7851. I'd like to believe.

I disassembled, I thought that I would see something interesting. But alas. Plus I can not install anything from the playmarket. Even his buggy does not work. But I found a soy webcam SVEN ic-310, it works)) unexpectedly) but the quality is terrible and it slows down. Trying some kind of good web), I wonder what is cheaper, buy some kind of used webcam or still have a camera (DVR) .. you need to think. Who has any thoughts?

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

Rep: (78)
* Klinbl4, thanks for the photo.
I wonder where is the WI-FI antenna? Only one is soldered. Or is this it, but there is no bluetooth antenna?

Post has been editedAndrik22 - 02.03.17, 19:33

Rep: (5)
Klinbl4 @ 03/02/17, 19:09*
need to think. Who has any thoughts?

I ordered 1080p 2600 ruble but it is with wifi ....

Listen, you can see what chip it has for navigation is responsible ... you can have a prog or maybe in the system it can be in info ... I want to buy a GPS + Glonass antenna only need to know if the chip supports

* Andrik22
GPS in the case, WIFI is the black antenna glued to the plastic with an electrical tape in the second photo.

Rep: (78)
* Klinbl4,
About GPS, I did not ask a question)
A bluetooth antenna where then? Just on the pictures in the topic about the RK3188 2 antennas are soldered there - one is like here, glued to the screen inside, and the second (WIFI) is placed on the back panel.
And here's another interesting thing - is there a glonass there?

Post has been editedAndrik22 - 02.03.17, 20:30

Has arrived. GS, percent CORTEX A53 @ 1,5
Well, zashib!))
I launched Google maps, the device went into reboot and now bootlupitsya

Post has been editedStroff - 02.03.17, 20:53

Replaced the power source (although the previous GU worked on it), made a reset through recovery, went-gone.
MCU GS 2.11.1, 11/01/2017

Post has been editedStroff - 02.03.17, 21:53

Stroff @ 03/02/17, 21:52*
did reset via recovery

how did you get?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/26/19, 18:16