Lenovo YOGA 520 - Discussion | [notebook] Windows | 14 "| IntelВ® Pentium-4415U (2.3 GHz - 2 MB L

Rep: (137)
Lenovo YOGA 520 - Discussion
notebook | Windows | 14 "| IntelВ® Pentium-4415U (2.3 GHz - 2 MB L2) / IntelВ® Core в„ў I3-7100U (2.4 GHz - 3 MB L3) / IntelВ® Core в„ў I5-7200U (2.5 GHz - 3 MB L3) / IntelВ® Core в„ў i5-8250U (1.6 GHz - 6 MB L3) / IntelВ® Core в„ў i7-7500U (2.7 GHz - 3 MB L3) | 4/8 GB DDR4

Attached Image

Specifications
operating system
Windows 10 Home x64
Top cover color
Black / Gray / Golden
Body material
metal
Design
transformer
Numeric keypad block
not
Key illumination
Yes
Screen type
TN + film / IPS
Screen diagonal
14"
Screen resolution
1366x768 / 1920x1080
Format name
HD / FullHD
Pixel density
112 PPI
Screen cover
glossy
Touch screen
there is
CPU
IntelВ® Pentium-4415U (2.3 GHz - 2 MB L2) / IntelВ® Core в„ў I3-7100U (2.4 GHz - 3 MB L3) / IntelВ® Core в„ў I5-7200U (2.5 GHz - 3 MB L3 ) / IntelВ® Core в„ў i5-8250U (1.6 GHz - 6 MB L3) / IntelВ® Core в„ў i7-7500U (2.7 GHz - 3 MB L3)
Type of RAM
DDR4
RAM frequency
2133 MHz
RAM Size
4/8 GB
The number of slots for memory modules
Maximum settable memory
16 GB
Video chip manufacturer
Intel / Nvidia
Discrete graphics card model (Some models only)
Nvidia GeForce 940MX
Type of video memory
SMA
Video memory capacity
allocated from operational / 2048 MB
Built-in video card model
Intel HD 610 / Intel HD 620
CrossFire / SLI array
not
Total hard disk drive (HDD)
500 GB / 1000 GB
Total Solid State Drive (SSD) (Some versions only)
256 GB / 512 GB
Drive Configuration
HDD / HDD + SSD
Spindle speed
5400 rpm
SSD M.2 PCIe NVMe Connector
there is
Webcam
there is
Extended Speaker System
Dolby Audio Premium, Harman Audio
Built-in microphone
there is
Memory card support by card reader
SD, SDHC, SDXC
Optical drive
not
Wi-Fi standard
802.11ac
Network adapter view (Ethernet)
not
Network adapter speed
not
Bluetooth
USB 2.0 ports
not
3.x USB ports
USB Type-C Ports
Video interfaces
HDMI
Audio interfaces
1 3.5 mm jack (microphone / audio)
Battery type
Li-pol
Battery capacity
4050 mAh
Approximate battery life
10 h
Equipment
documentation, power supply, Stylus
Fingerprint scanner
Yes
Kensington Castle
Yes
Depth
235 mm
Width
330 mm
Thickness
19.9 mm
Weight
1.74 kg
additional information
  • Version with pentium on the site does not appear
    T.K. This is a budget assembly, but the versions with core i3-i5-i7 are just the main ones
  • If you plan to do an upgrade by putting the SSD in the slot. Remember you need to take SSD 2280 M.2 PCIe 3.0 and above NVMe
  • If you plan to increase the amount of RAM. Remember that here a single-channel memory laptop supports no more than 16 GB of memory

Additional Images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Useful information

Post has been editedIndrocom - 28.04.19, 21:53
Reason for editing: How to disassemble a laptop

Rep: (1)
IAndrocom @ 01/19/19, 10:08 PM*
The middle of the drivers is YMC in my opinion, if necessary I can throw off
Also go to the "notification bar" and turn on auto rotation

Here there is no "Auto-rotate" mode, the current is "Tablet mode", but the screen does not rotate in it either.
The driver voiced by you did not dig. Share please.

AL-yan @ 01.20.19, 12:39*
Auto-rotate

Something like "rotation lock" may

* AL-yan,
Try it, there are a few more
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqoqMBOgGN6HgQWDtjZbQ6YTs2S8(this is onedrive, don't be afraid)

AL-yan @ 01.20.19, 13:39*
Among the drivers there is YMC

Did not help unfortunately
IAndrocom @ 01.20.19, 17:32*
Something like "rotation lock"

There's no such thing
===================
Nadot something to look for or write in technical support.
Thanks for the advice.

please share the intricacies of pre-installing ssd m2 in devices with basic hdd - neither my Windows nor the BIOS can see a new disk - maybe something is blocked programmatically? Or do you need additional software?

* abj,
there are no subtleties, you need to screw in a screw otherwise I’ll repeat take one screw from the hard mount, which one you choose
in general you have what model of laptop and ssd

The finer point was that this laptop does not support SATA SSD, only PCIe 3.0 and higher, which is actually not obvious from the beginning, given the fact that most of the m2 m2 SSDs sold are SATA.

It may help to consider pondering expansion options.
“I voiced” in screenshots my own version of the solution for the missing Gigabytes and I will not dissemble, but when buying Lenovo I already had an SSD and an adapter
From the killed SONY (2011) there was an SSD bought 2014 for the upgrade ::
Attached Image

I bought an adapter on Ali for 450r. under it and with the prospect of expansion under M2
Attached Image

"Married" shnyashki
Attached Image

Put in a laptop
Attached Image

And at the first start, without any registration in the BIOS. 2 months have passed NET problems
I’m not going to change my native 128 GB because life proves that the “native” is always more reliable than the one bought.
Attached Image

Post has been editedAl-yan - 27.01.19, 01:53
Reason for editing: + information

Rep: (2)
Maybe someone in the subject, clarify pliz ... How many slots for memory strips in our miracle?
In the header, in the spoiler of the "Technical Specifications" the memory says:
"Type of RAM DDR4, RAM frequency 2133 MHz, RAM size 4/8 GB, Number of slots for memory modules1 ".
But I initially have the Samsung 4GB DDR4 SODIMM PC4-19200, as I understand it at 2400 MHz. The maximum memory size in all specs is indicated16 MB . Windows 10 in Task Manager / Performance / Memory writes: "Speed 2133 MHz Used sockets 1 from 2 "(?!). Speccy also says:" RAM. Memory slots: Total 2, Busy 1, Free 1 ". And, finally, I call the official service center, ask" How many slots? ", They answer me - 2 (!!).
So how many slots for RAM are there in the Lenovo YOGA 520? I do not want to climb into his belly with inept handles, a new one still, a guarantee ...

* Michaj
I also write that there are two, but in fact it is there alone (maybe the second is not soldered or sees a dozen slots)
Michaj @ 02/08/19, 20:24*
And finally, I call the official service center, ask “How many slots?”, They answer me - 2 (!!).

Bullshit, One RAM slot and two for drives (PCIE 2280, SATA 3 (2.5))
Michaj @ 02/08/19, 20:24*
warranty

I had a seal on one disk mounting bolt
The main thing is to untwist with a normal screwdriver (so that there are no traces)

Post has been editedIndrocom - 28.02.19, 22:54

Rep: (1313)
M
The curator of the topic is appointedIndrocom, please love and respect!

How to disassemble a laptop for an upgrade (SSD \ HDD or RAM)

Attention! neither I (IAndrocom) nor the Administration of the resource and the forumsavagemessiahzine.comare not responsible for your actions and consequences after them. All responsibility lies with you.
Before disassembling, assemble the “911” kit: it is an UNNECESSIBLE plastic card and / or metal spatula, the Cross is small, Thermal grease (well or liquid metal), alcohol (I had 90% but I advise less because with 90% and above there is risk of burning skin), cotton pads, brush and rag (to wipe the display at the end)
Set "911"
Attached Image

Turn off the laptop, close the lid, turn over and unscrew all the bolts (they are not under the legs)
Attached Image

Then carefully (carefully, otherwise, incorrigible marks on the case and / or on the cover))
pry off the lid (it is better to pry it in the upper right or left corners) and move on to the hinges and center
Attached Image

after "snapped off" the central part (to the right loop)
We pass to the side parts
Attached Image

to the usb port with a metal spatula, and immediately after the plastic card and so on until the end (until you remove the cover).
And soit is a miracleBoard, after parsing, immediately remove the battery
Attached Image

Quickly go through the elements
Battery connector
Attached Image

When disconnecting, you should be careful not to "pull out the meat" wiring
Battery at the back - part of the "hollow" space
Attached Image

HDD
Attached Image

Connector for M2 SSD
Attached Image

Attention when disassembling the seals are on the Hard Disk and / or on the SSD they can be carefully removed and put with the adhesive side to the top and carefully “leaned” before assembly so that it could be removed during the next climb
Wi-Fi Module
Attached Image

Processor (at the time of shooting there was no thermal paste therefore did not remove it)
Attached Image

You may still have a video chip near the processor
RAM DDR4 SO-DIMM
Attached Image

The memory under the "screen" slot is only ONE not two.

I didn’t go deeper into it, so how to disassemble it easily and there is nothing special

Assembly in the reverse order, the main thing is to insert the battery connector on the right side, otherwise the laptop will write that the battery is damaged "and will not turn on

Post has been editedIndrocom - 26.06.19, 00:23

Rep: (0)
Vadim245 @ 05/11/2018, 06:29*
Does everyone (on i5) respond almost instantly to the slightest load? It seems as if it is not controlled by the actual temperature sensor, but by the load indicator (ahead, and very large).

Please tell me how you solved this problem? The first week was bearable, and now it sounds like a helicopter

Rep: (13)
Elfttrader @ 03/11/19, 4:47*
makes a noise like a helicopter

no way, take off ....

* vadim245,
* Elfttrader,
Unless by updating the BIOS and turning on the new silent mode
but performance will drop by a factor of two +/-

Rep: (17)
The scanner is buggy, it is already jammed. It was so, removed the synaptix driver, then it worked. There was something that again disappeared, and appeared again. Now the third day I enter the PIN code, what is the reason? and did you have that?

* BarcaMag,
Was, try to clean with peroxide and then alcohol

Rep: (8)
Did I understand correctly? Is it possible to install ssd along with a hard drive?

* wadat
Yes! Sata3 and m2 mini pcie
You can have one of two or just two

Rep: (17)
* Indrocom ,
Thanks, I'll try. What is Quet Mode? I understand this is some kind of quiet mode that cuts performance? Type of economy mode.
If he is left at all, will there be nothing? I don’t play games, surfing the web and browsing media mostly?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/07/19, 00:41