Lenovo YOGA 520 - Discussion | [notebook] Windows | 14 "| IntelВ® Pentium-4415U (2.3 GHz - 2 MB L

Rep: (137)
Lenovo YOGA 520 - Discussion
notebook | Windows | 14 "| IntelВ® Pentium-4415U (2.3 GHz - 2 MB L2) / IntelВ® Core в„ў I3-7100U (2.4 GHz - 3 MB L3) / IntelВ® Core в„ў I5-7200U (2.5 GHz - 3 MB L3) / IntelВ® Core в„ў i5-8250U (1.6 GHz - 6 MB L3) / IntelВ® Core в„ў i7-7500U (2.7 GHz - 3 MB L3) | 4/8 GB DDR4

Attached Image

Specifications
operating system
Windows 10 Home x64
Top cover color
Black / Gray / Golden
Body material
metal
Design
transformer
Numeric keypad block
not
Key illumination
Yes
Screen type
TN + film / IPS
Screen diagonal
14"
Screen resolution
1366x768 / 1920x1080
Format name
HD / FullHD
Pixel density
112 PPI
Screen cover
glossy
Touch screen
there is
CPU
IntelВ® Pentium-4415U (2.3 GHz - 2 MB L2) / IntelВ® Core в„ў I3-7100U (2.4 GHz - 3 MB L3) / IntelВ® Core в„ў I5-7200U (2.5 GHz - 3 MB L3 ) / IntelВ® Core в„ў i5-8250U (1.6 GHz - 6 MB L3) / IntelВ® Core в„ў i7-7500U (2.7 GHz - 3 MB L3)
Type of RAM
DDR4
RAM frequency
2133 MHz
RAM Size
4/8 GB
The number of slots for memory modules
Maximum settable memory
16 GB
Video chip manufacturer
Intel / Nvidia
Discrete graphics card model (Some models only)
Nvidia GeForce 940MX
Type of video memory
SMA
Video memory capacity
allocated from operational / 2048 MB
Built-in video card model
Intel HD 610 / Intel HD 620
CrossFire / SLI array
not
Total hard disk drive (HDD)
500 GB / 1000 GB
Total Solid State Drive (SSD) (Some versions only)
256 GB / 512 GB
Drive Configuration
HDD / HDD + SSD
Spindle speed
5400 rpm
SSD M.2 PCIe NVMe Connector
there is
Webcam
there is
Extended Speaker System
Dolby Audio Premium, Harman Audio
Built-in microphone
there is
Memory card support by card reader
SD, SDHC, SDXC
Optical drive
not
Wi-Fi standard
802.11ac
Network adapter view (Ethernet)
not
Network adapter speed
not
Bluetooth
USB 2.0 ports
not
3.x USB ports
USB Type-C Ports
Video interfaces
HDMI
Audio interfaces
1 3.5 mm jack (microphone / audio)
Battery type
Li-pol
Battery capacity
4050 mAh
Approximate battery life
10 h
Equipment
documentation, power supply, Stylus
Fingerprint scanner
Yes
Kensington Castle
Yes
Depth
235 mm
Width
330 mm
Thickness
19.9 mm
Weight
1.74 kg
additional information
  • Version with pentium on the site does not appear
    T.K. This is a budget assembly, but the versions with core i3-i5-i7 are just the main ones
  • If you plan to do an upgrade by putting the SSD in the slot. Remember you need to take SSD 2280 M.2 PCIe 3.0 and above NVMe
  • If you plan to increase the amount of RAM. Remember that here a single-channel memory laptop supports no more than 16 GB of memory

Additional Images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Useful information

Post has been editedIndrocom - 28.04.19, 21:53
Reason for editing: How to disassemble a laptop

Rep: (5)
Are there any owners on the phentium?

* tribeone I don’t know, I wanted to take it on a stump, but then I bought it for ai3 for the stock because the Pentium is 100 Euro cheaper

* Indrocom ,
Is there a big difference in performance? In general, I arranged it, I took it for drawing, I looked in the direction of the yoga book, this one I saw at the last moment I took it, only the matrix upsets the rest for a couple of days everything is ok

* tribeone
I do not know, I saw at ay3 at a discountPentium is cheaper, and the last to that (from the shop window)But the stylus is not includedmay have been lost in the store
There are few differences from Pentium except FULLHD with IPS and not with TFT and HD

Post has been editedIndrocom - 19.01.18, 20:08

Rep: (22)
I have a Pentium 4415U + RAM 4GB. Even some awkward, apparently the updates are put, and yet this idiotic DNS splash screen. I will dig now how on it to install the seven ...

Rep: (22)
To remove the DNS splash screen, simply remove the IPOS program, delete password: 2016demo

On the version with cor ai 3 there is a key illumination

the matrix is ​​completely unsuccessful, no viewing angles, and the slightest touch in the frame area - waves on the screen, the autodesk sketchbook and illustrator cd quite draws if not loaded in layers, pressing recognizes in both programs the sound for the laptop is in my opinion quite good

* tribeone
Hmm ... IPS norms, but as it seems to me in the corners of greenish light

Maybe someone knows, remix os will get a dual on it?

* tribeone
Probably will
I wonder if 8.1 can be inserted here. 10 I don’t really like it

Post has been editedIndrocom - 22.01.18, 15:24

Rep: (0)
Hello. Yesterday in DNS I purchased 520 (operatives 8, ssd 128, screw - terabyte). Picked up - I realized that I myself can not figure out everything myself. I'll ask you a few questions here - can someone tell me where to read:
1) Is it possible to set up a native prog for watching a video "movie and tv" on keyboard and screen control? (I would like to pause with a space or poke at the screen)
2) Is there a program for Win10 for viewing pdf to scroll through the screen, and not scroll up / down?
3) where to read about how to use the capabilities of the tablet version? (when in a book turn and tiles appear)

* Aquasbor ,
The screen is touch, all these actions without problems should be performed

Rep: (8)
I want to take Full HD IPS on i5, How does this laptop work, is it not buggy? How the screen - Shim-blink is not noticed?
In the USA, this model is called Flex 5 14,Of USA website , Overview , Models - Differences
Two types of batteries 65W 3-cell (52.5 Wh-h) and 45W 2-cell (35 Wh-h)
More on Flex 5 are installed different screens, some have information:
1) B140HAN04.2, No Screen Flicker (PWM) - information fromReview
2) NV140FHM-N49, Present Screen Flicker (PWM) - information fromReview
I'm going to take it to the USA and I want to find the B140HAN04.2 with no flicker screen, until I know how to determine which model has a screen without flicker.
Insides Flex 5 14
Attached Image

Post has been editedMoxno - 11.02.18, 16:10

Aquasbor @ 02/10/18, 20:28*
3) where to read about how to use the capabilities of the tablet version? (when in a book turn and tiles appear)

or "tablet mode" in the notification center
or in the parameters (parameters-personalization-start) enable "Open the Start menu in full screen mode"

Posted 02/11/2018 6:00 PM:

* Moxno on ah 3 no like

How to get into BIOS? Who reinstalled Vindos - did it work right away? To reshuffle Vindos Usb3 need or Usb2 and come down?
I have not yet decided which one to choose 720 or 520, I think 720 to 7200 more expensive and easier.
With 520 USB Type-C - 3.0 not for charging, HDMI can be connected to Type-C, what kind of HDMI will it be at output 1.4 or 2?

Post has been editedMoxno - 11.02.18, 20:42

* Moxno
How to enter the "Boot Menu" (orBiosUEFI)
Option 1:
Turn off the laptop,
further between the power button (on the right side) and the card reader we see it
Hole
Attached Image

put a needle / paperclip into it and wait a second
A needle stuck in the hole
Attached Image

Next boot menu
Boot Menu
Attached Image

Option 2:
1.Open the "START" menu, press and hold the Shift key, simultaneously press the "Power" button and select "Restart". (if you cannot / do not want to log in but the system boots (if not, then perform Option 1) this can be done by pressing the power button on the login screen)

2. After the computer restarts, you will see the "Restore" screen

3.Select “Diagnostics”, then “Advanced Parameters”, in the Advanced Parameters - “UEFI Firmware Parameters” and finally “Reload”.
After which the laptop will reboot intoBiosUEFI

PS:BiosUEFI normal

Post has been editedIndrocom - 28.02.19, 23:32
Reason for editing: Updated

* Moxno I Just updated so I don’t know hdmi

IAndrocom @ 11.02.18, 23:19*
I Just Updated So

Updated that BIOS? How do you like the 520?

* Moxno No, only Windows (I mean it)

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/28/19, 19:31