31 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Microsoft Surface Book / Book 2 | [notebook] Windows | 13.5 "| i5 / i7 2.4-2.6 | 8-16GB RAM
steelroot
Message#1
30.12.17, 13:01
Experienced
[offline]

Group: Banned
Messages 622
Check in: 31.10.17
Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen)

Microsoft Surface Book / Book 2- Discussion | Description| Buying and Accessories
notebook | Windows | 13.5 "| i5 / i7 2.4-2.6 | 8-16GB

Attached Image

Specifications
Book I
Windows 10 operating system
Screen 13.5 inches, IPS, 3000 x 2000 pixels, capacitive, multitouch, glossy, 267 ppi
6th Gen Intel Core i5 / i7 2.3-2.6 GHz processor
Graphics processor (optional) Intel HD Graphics 520, NVIDIA GeForce GPU 1GB
RAM 8 or 16 GB
Flash memory From 128 GB to 1 TB
Support for microSD, SDHC, SDXC memory cards
2x USB 3.0 connectors, 3.5 mm headphone jack, Mini DisplayPort
Rear camera (8 MP) and front (5 MP)
Communication Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
68.9 Wh battery
Optional Keyboard, 2-in-1 mode
Dimensions 312.3 x 232.1 x 13.0 - 22.8 mm
Weight 1516 g

Book ii

Display 13.5 inches, 3000x2000 pixels, touchscreen
Intel Core i5 / i7-8650U processor (4/8 core / stream, 1.9 / 4.2 GHz, 15 W)
RAM 8-16 GB (LPDDR3 1866 MHz)
Intel HD Graphics 620 video chip
Discrete video card (optional) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (2048 MB GDDR5)
SSD 256 - 1000 GB
Ports and connectors 2x USB Type-A, 1x USB Type-C, 1x 3.5-mm jack, SD card reader
Wireless interfaces Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.2
Battery not available
Dimensions (WxDxH) 312x232x23 mm
Weight 1.53 kg
additional information
This is a “transformable” Microsoft laptop. The upper half is a very beautiful tablet with perfect proportions and a PixelSense touch screen with a diagonal of 13.5 inches and support for an electronic pen.

Inside the base unit with a keyboard, there can be a discrete graphics chip, thanks to which the Surface Book outperforms any other portable computer in performance and an additional battery that allows you to use a computer for up to 17 hours in a row.

These two components are connected with a hinge, which balances the design and at the same time easily detaches from the tablet. This feature and stylish design of the beech surface pretty spoiled Apple's blood. It is believed that the Surface Book is released as a MacBook killer, and it, indeed, in many ways surpasses them, especially the second iteration.
Instructions for the restoration of the Surface Book after problems with the system
1) Find a flash drive with a capacity of at least 16 GB, smaller in size will not work! I advise you to take a flash drive with fast write speed, because there about 7 gigs will have to be written to it

2) Open the Recovery Disk program (located through the Windows search, it is installed on all computers by default) and use it to prepare a USB flash drive to create a recovery disk (it will just be necessary to pierce the Next several times, the program will do everything itself, the main thing - make sure that everything will be recorded on the necessary flash drive)

3) Download herefrom hererecovery for surf. Wind Surfs are slightly different from other computers, so we only download special for them from here. It is necessary to log in on the site so that the system immediately identifies the laptop, otherwise you will have to enter the serial number of the laptop. Choose the latest Windows version of the stable version, but there are previous builds too, if you want to roll back.

4) Extract all the folders from the downloaded archive to the USB flash drive prepared using the "Recovery Disk" with the replacement of files (like, 116 should be). Now the flash drive is ready for use, you need to prepare a laptop

5) Go to UEFI (turn off or restart the laptop, when turned on, until the Microsoft logo appears, keep the volume button up). In UEFI, go to the Security menu, there you need to disable Secure Boot (set the value to None) and the Trusted Platform Module. If everything is done correctly, then when you turn on when the logo will glow from above, a red bar with an open lock will appear.
6) Without leaving the UEFI Boot menu, you must enable booting from flash drives and in the same menu put the boot of the flash drive in the first place in the boot priority (you need to move the corresponding item to the top, but there are no animations, so you just have to wait a couple of seconds until the list updated, I did not immediately understand, moved or not)

7) Insert the USB flash drive and exit UEFI, the laptop will automatically reboot, the recovery menu will appear, select Install from drive (it’s like the first item of the two), then he will ask you to select just delete the files or delete it completely (if I'm correct I remember)

8) Next, wait for Winda to recover

9) After recovery, set up as when you first start

10) After setting we use a laptop

That's all the instructions. Ask if questions will be
In addition, do not forget to return everything to UEFI as it was, otherwise there will be a red bar at startup. And it is not safe, because anyone can then assign your laptop without any problems!

It is important that for Surface with any problem with the laptop you can not use the usual images of Windows - some of the functionality will just disappear.

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, contact the author of the topic in QMS (personal message) or to the section moderators via the buttonA complaintunder the messages. How to do it right, what would you understand the first time, well describedhere.

Posted 12/30/2017 1:02 PM:

I think that there are already a number of owners to discuss this device in a separate topic.

Post has been editedninja88 - 01.03.19, 17:11
Reason for editing: Added instruction about.
steelroot
Message#42
18.01.18, 09:36
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 622

* sloter7,

The guarantee is just there and very impressive. In USA, they change beeches at times, even broken, drowned, burned, etc. etc. Just from Russia it will be problematic to send them for repair. As for the jambs, I already had one beech and, as luck would have it, I got caught with the most insidious school - a malfunction of the battery controller. I had to send it back. And so, it seems to me that all the other shoals are more due to improper use or ignorance. And take out 10 - still that system!

--------------------
It seems: you did not understand me at all
------------------------------------------
Motorola v50 ->Motorola V500 ->Motorola V650 ->Motorola Razr V3 ->Motorola Razr V8 ->Motorola XT5 Quench ->Motorola Atrix 4G ->Motorola Droid Mini ->Motorola G2 ->Motorola G5 Plus XT1681
maddig
Message#43
18.01.18, 09:57
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 124
Check in: 12.10.10
Samsung Galaxy S10 Exynos

* steelroot
The holivar theme agrees, Surafce Book is a very interesting device, but I don’t agree with comparing Yoga 920 as a Mercedes and Zaporozhets, but according to dry statistics Surafce Book is recognized as the most returnable laptop in the world, but everyone does my choice, I just told my case, maybe someone will come in handy.
* sloter7,
Yes, with a discrete graphics card, there are not so many models, but again you probably know that if you run something “heavy” on the surface, then even with connected charging you will not play for a long time in my epic file.

--------------------
Samsung Galaxy S10
steelroot
Message#44
18.01.18, 10:59
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 622

* maddig

I also sent the first surf back. However, he immediately bought a second one, because he managed to get the idea of ​​T-shirts on the subject of a perfect laptop. This is the quality I used to get from the device. By the way, I got my beech and I am writing from it. Take out 10 worth Pro.
About the discharge during the games. What do you guys smoke? How can you play games for 10 hours? This is the field of psychiatry and not computer technology. Yes, the engineers have not provided for such a powerful charger, because they have all the houses and the use scenario for the sake of games was hardly considered.

Post has been editedsteelroot - 18.01.18, 11:02

--------------------
Motorola v50 ->Motorola V500 ->Motorola V650 ->Motorola Razr V3 ->Motorola Razr V8 ->Motorola XT5 Quench ->Motorola Atrix 4G ->Motorola Droid Mini ->Motorola G2 ->Motorola G5 Plus XT1681
sloter7
Message#45
18.01.18, 12:02
User
[offline]

Messages 59
Check in: 23.11.14
Nokia 6300

Maddig @ 01/18/18, 12:57*
but again, you probably know that if you run something “heavy” on the surface, then even with the connected charging you will not play it for a long time in my epic file.

If about games, then I do not play them. From the word at all. I am interested in other (creative and serious) graphic tasks. Although I think the bug with the battery and the charger will be less critical than in games, but I hope that this is still a bug (and not a feature) and it will eventually be fixed (software or hardware). Therefore, not in a hurry with the purchase. Although the refinement of such a far from mass product like Surf is a question that is far from unequivocal. This shows the practice of the life cycle of previous Surfs.

Post has been editedsloter7 - 18.01.18, 12:05
maddig
Message#46
18.01.18, 12:12
Local
[offline]

Messages 124

* steelroot
I would also take Surf 2 myself, but a few things stopped me, an inadequate price, taking into account customs clearance and delivery (Ukraine), and if you don’t look at the order without immediately, if something goes wrong, you fly into a double delivery amount ($ 190).
Those. For me, the main reason for choosing is not in favor of T-shirts, the lack of an official store and a guarantee. Simply if you take in local stores, the “price on the spot” of the youngest model surafce 2 (i5 (7300U) / 256/8 (ddr3)) is about the same as yoga 920 in a fat set (i7- (8550U) / 512 / 16 (ddr4)) well, and buns in the form of a stylus in a box, excellent 4K display (316 PPI) and of course the presence of Thunderbolt 3, I'm not talking about the thickness and weight in the laptop mode, which is clearly not in favor of T-shirts. Also a little confused the angle of the screen at the surface in laptop mode in the bed is not always convenient, but this is more of a nag.

Post has been editedmaddig - 18.01.18, 12:20

--------------------
Samsung Galaxy S10
steelroot
Message#47
18.01.18, 12:44
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 622

* maddig

Before the new year, book2 was sold for 1,100 green ones in a package. I think that in view of the delivery it is humane. No guarantee - still that bogey! I will see how this leg of yoga will have you repaired if it grunts. About Thunderbolts - when will you see the equipment that will need these bolts? How many years the standard exists and something is not really needed. Most often you need hdmi and usb3 or usb-c. It is on the shirt is worth. And in general, 99% of communications today are wireless, so Wi-Fi AC and Bluetooth 5.0 are more important than thunderbolts.
* sloter7,
A bug with a charger is solved by a more powerful charger.

--------------------
Vollmond.inex
Message#48
18.01.18, 12:49
Local
[offline]

Messages 142
Check in: 11.10.14
Xiaomi Mi A2 4/64

Maddig @ 01/18/18, 09:57*
Surafce Book recognized as the most returned laptop

I don’t remember something like that; I remember that they like to criticize the consumer report of the microsoftware, but here’s all sorts of asusa and they don’t overlook it. In principle, you can see why.
maddig
Message#49
18.01.18, 13:36
Local
[offline]

Messages 124

* steelroot
We will not breed holivar, each is left with his own opinion and choice for his needs.
For $ 1100 I would have taken it without hesitation, but when I was looking for, taking into account all the expenses, the younger model cost me at least $ 1870
Steelroot @ 01/18/18 11:44*
so much more important is Wi-Fi AC and Bluetooth 5.0

Navarry here you made a mistake, in the specification for the surface book 2 is specified - Bluetooth Wireless 4.1 also does not see the hdmi connector in the description.
Thunderbolt 3 is again not needed at all, I’m considering buying an external video card, but I’m still wondering if I’ll even play on the laptop at all, although the interesting option, especially gigabytes, is a relatively inexpensive solution.

* Vollmond.inex,
Yes, God so lenovo, this is my choice and I do not impose it on anyone, described only the pros and cons in my case.
About suirfesov, proof on the Russian-language articleMicrosoft Surface devices are the most problematic in the world.

Post has been editedmaddig - 18.01.18, 13:36

--------------------
Samsung Galaxy S10
steelroot
Message#50
18.01.18, 13:48
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 622

* maddig

HDMI from minidisplay port out through the adapter. Bluetooth 5.0 will be support - just take out 10 itself is not ready, the whistle itself will pull. The beech 2 card about 15 inches is generally trashy, so it will drag out any games.

--------------------
maddig
Message#51
18.01.18, 14:05
Local
[offline]

Messages 124

HDMI from minidisplay port out through the adapter.

Is the minidisplay port on surface 2?
By the way, I ordered an adapter for usb type-c there at the output and hdmi and lan and the card reader and all sorts of things and all this in a box of 5x10cm, sometimes on a business trip from one of the ports and not enough.
The beech 2 card about 15 inches is generally trashy, so it will drag out any games.

Yes, there is a card for the laptop without arguably good, but in the same place and the price starts with 2.5k, taking into account the delivery and taxes will probably be all 3k $

Post has been editedmaddig - 18.01.18, 14:10

--------------------
Samsung Galaxy S10
Vollmond.inex
Message#52
18.01.18, 14:30
Local
[offline]

Messages 142
Xiaomi Mi A2 4/64

Maddig @ 01/18/18 13:36*
About suirfesov, proof of the Russian-language article Devices Microsoft Surface were the most problematic in the world

Problem, but not returned. Consumer generally considers any reviews like "ej zaglyuchil and rebooted one time," which by the way is written in the news. Draw your own conclusions.

This is just an explanation.
maddig
Message#53
18.01.18, 15:14
Local
[offline]

Messages 124

Vollmond.inex @ 01/18/18 1:30 PM*
Problem, but not returned.

Do not carp at words, I think these concepts correlate with each other.
Consumer Reports published a report and called the Microsoft Surface devices the mostdistressedin the world, the conclusion here is clear and unambiguous:
The stability of the work of technology Microsoft as a whole was worse than that of other manufacturers.

P.S. From personal experience, again, I wanted to order delivery of surafce from a local private supplier, he refused to refer to the experience of delivering these devices and a large number of defects, everything else without problems.

Post has been editedmaddig - 18.01.18, 15:17

--------------------
Samsung Galaxy S10
steelroot
Message#54
18.01.18, 15:17
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 622

* maddig

However, surfs continue to take millions. I think that there can not do without a big policy.

--------------------
Vollmond.inex
Message#55
18.01.18, 15:35
Local
[offline]

Messages 142
Xiaomi Mi A2 4/64

* maddig
There is no complaint about the words, but you have a distortion of information. Not every problem leads to a return, no one will return the laptop because of the blunt ej. And again you lied about the world, it says only about those brands that were tested and which were interviewed by the consumer report.
maddig
Message#56
18.01.18, 16:13
Local
[offline]

Messages 124

* Vollmond.inex,
Just when you find fault with the words, for that matter, the mention of the region / country I did not see it in the first place, quote:
The malfunctions were expressed in unexpected disconnections of devices, lags, and incorrect operation of touch displays, said Consumer Reports editor Jerry Beilinson.

Here is where something about this is said as you write:
no one will return the laptop because of the blunt eja

According to your logic, was the statistics of the "booted EJ" taken only for Microsoft devices?
There is a clear and unequivocal conclusion - “The stability of the operation of Microsoft equipment was generally worse than that of other manufacturers,” and the worse the equipment works (device disconnections, hang-ups and incorrect operation of touch screens), the more often it returns in my opinion everything is logical.
I will well edit my post, if you will be so relaxed that the Microsoft hardware is the mostbuggynot stable in comparison with other manufacturers. Source Consumer Reports.

Post has been editedmaddig - 18.01.18, 16:23

--------------------
Samsung Galaxy S10
Vollmond.inex
Message#57
18.01.18, 16:22
Local
[offline]

Messages 142
Xiaomi Mi A2 4/64

Maddig @ 01/18/18, 16:13*
There is a clear definite conclusion - "The stability of the operation of the Microsoft hardware as a whole turned out to be worse than that of other manufacturers"

This is the conclusion of the article.
Maddig @ 01/18/18, 16:13*
the worse the equipment works (device disconnections, hangups and incorrect operation of touch screens) the more often it returns

But this is your conjecture with nothing to back up except personal experience, there is nothing in the article about it. I can draw another conclusion - the stability of the Microsoft technology is worse than that of the ePl by 0.5%.
maddig
Message#58
18.01.18, 16:52
Local
[offline]

Messages 124

* Vollmond.inex,
The conclusion is not the true difference of 15%, you cling to one word and that's it.
That is not too lazy for you to find an articleMicrosoft Surface Laptops and Tablets Not Recommended by Consumer Reports
here is the second link as the first need to registerEstimated breakdown ratethere is a clear timetable (if it’s not clear what the tsiferka is all the more worse), and how not strange according to your words
Vollmond.inex @ 01/18/18 11:49*
but all sorts of lenovo and asusa there do not overlook, in principle, it is clear why

Represent in the table of studies there are asus and lenovo and they are better than microsoft in the breakdown rating, what do you say to that?
Or we will continue to exaggerate the topic of words return<->breakdown?

--------------------
Samsung Galaxy S10
Vollmond.inex
Message#59
18.01.18, 17:03
Local
[offline]

Messages 142
Xiaomi Mi A2 4/64

Maddig @ 01/18/18, 16:52*
Here I am not too lazy for you to find the article Microsoft Surface Laptops and Tablets Not Recommended by Consumer Reports

I say that this article came out before laptops officially began to go on sale.
Maddig @ 01/18/18, 16:52*
Represent in the table of studies there are asus and lenovo and they are better than microsoft in the breakdown rating, what do you say to that?

Op-pa, again you are with your lenovo, and yet several posts ago you asked not to mention more in the dispute. Well, according to CR lenovo polls, less problematic than microsoft. It is precisely the problem ones, because by the problem one can understand both a serious display defect and the departure of the Edge. The fact that you intentionally or not misinformed users with statements about "the most returnable" and "all over the world" is still a fact.
maddig
Message#60
18.01.18, 17:24
Local
[offline]

Messages 124

* Vollmond.inex,
I have already recovered from the “return” account, although it’s logical for me if the device breaks down more often than others, the more often it is returned.
For some reason you persistently constantly mention the “departure of the Edge”, in the original there is not even the word “problem” is a free translation of a Russian-language article, but there is a word breakage - a breakdown. Here you are again in English, "Those problems include freezing, unexpected shutdowns, and touchscreen response issues.". Translation master?
Once again in the articlenotregion / country is indicated, it only clearly states “In a survey of 90,000 tablet and laptop owners”, so the survey was conducted worldwide.

All the same, it seems to me more misinformation in your words, namely:

Vollmond.inex @ 01/18/18 11:49*
but all sorts of lenovo and asusa there do not overlook, in principle, it is clear why

Vollmond.inex @ 01/18/18 1:30 PM*
"ej zaglyuchil and rebooted once"

Post has been editedmaddig - 18.01.18, 17:28

--------------------
Samsung Galaxy S10
Vollmond.inex
Message#61
18.01.18, 17:31
Local
[offline]

Messages 142
Xiaomi Mi A2 4/64

* maddig
I am already tired of this dispute and your stubborn desire not to admit that they were wrong. Let's agree that the article said only that among the users surveyed by the consumer, there was a tendency for the owners of Microsoft equipment to face problems more often than the owners of other brands that participated in the survey. Neither about the "most returned" and "in the world" does not say there.

Post has been editedVollmond.inex - 18.01.18, 17:33

31 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 05/28/19, 01:31