> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

If you posted a new version of the program, please notify the moderator by clicking the "Complaint" button on your message.

Wine for Android | Win32 emulator, now for Android (arm / x86)

Rep: (1911)
Wine
version 4.0

Last update of the program in the header:23.01.2019

Attached Image

Screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image

Short description:
Windows "emulator" is now on Android.
Description
Wine is a recursive acronym Wine Is Not an Emulator (“Wine is not an emulator”). And this is really true: Wine is an alternative Win32 API implementation written from scratch.
The open source project Wine for more than two decades has allowed you to run some programs for Windows on GNU / Linux and Mac computers. The team is currently preparing to release Wine 3.0, a major update to a popular tool. This was officially announced by the founder of Wine, Alexander Julliard, at the conference WineConf 2017, which took place from 28 to 29 October in Wroclaw (Poland).
According to the creator of Wine, updating Wine 3.0 will bring a large number of innovations. Among other things, the new version will update the default operating system from Windows XP to Windows 7, will support the Direct3D 11 API component, and will also include initial support for the Android mobile platform. The next steps in the development of the project will be to work on improving OpenGL graphics and using the Android driver with all additional software libraries that can be used to simplify downloading and running Wine on Android devices.
According to the current plan, Wine 3.0 will be released at the end of this year or early 2018. After the release of the update, developers will begin to introduce new components into the utility, such as Direct3D 12, Vulkan graphics and the Wayland window control protocol.
Currently available for download are versions for android x86 (Intel processors) and arm (v7i / v8i, most devices).

The version for ARM processors actually emulates the Windows RT environment, x86 applications (usual for PCs on Windows) do not work on it. Version x86 - for devices with appropriate processors (Intel).

Since Wine-arm emulates the Windows RT environment, it is possible to launch the corresponding applications:
Windows RT applications

Android required: 4.2+
Russian interface: Not
Developer: Wine project
Homepage: https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/android/
Google Play: not

Download:
Version: 4.0 Wine for Android (Post iMiKED # 81584783)
Version: 4.12 beta Wine for Android (Post iMiKED # 86794829)

Download APK

Useful
In the wine 3 arm environment, the standard keyboard does not start, standard applications from the environment work. They are surrounded by wine at:
/data/data/org.winehq.wine/files/prefix/drive_c/windows
Keyboards are recommended.
(in the settings enable access through the "curtain" with notifications):
Change screen resolution
When starting wine black screen? There is a way to fix it.

Applications from the usual Windows run only on the x86 version of the program Wine!

Past versions
Version: 4.11 beta Wine for Android (Post iMiKED # 86395920)
Version: 4.10 beta Wine for Android (Post iMiKED # 86077706)
Version: 4.9 beta Wine for Android (Post iMiKED # 85589025)
Version: 4.7 beta Wine for Android (Post iMiKED # 84790198)
Version: 4.6 beta Wine for Android (Post iMiKED # 84354477)
Version: 4.5 beta Wine for Android (Post iMiKED # 84252554)
Version: 4.4 beta Wine for Android (Post iMiKED # 83404843)
Version: 4.3 beta Wine for Android (Post iMiKED # 82995827)
Version: 4.2 beta Wine for Android (Post iMiKED # 82443335)
Version: 4.1 beta Wine for Android (Post iMiKED # 82065356)
Version: 4.0-rc7 Wine for Android (Post iMiKED # 81472383)
Version: 4.0-rc6 Wine for Android (Post iMiKED # 81165125)
Version: 4.0-rc5 Wine for Android (Post iMiKED # 80905618)
Version: 4.0-rc4 Wine for Android (Post iMiKED # 80683601)
Version: 4.0-rc3 Wine for Android (Post iMiKED # 80434700)
Version: 4.0-rc2 Wine for Android (Post iMiKED # 80173911)
Version: 4.0-rc1 Wine for Android (Post iMiKED # 79885738)

Android 5.0+:
Version: 3.21 Wine for Android (Post iMiKED # 79386976)
Version: 3.20 Wine for Android (Post iMiKED # 78848364)
Version: 3.19 Wine for Android (Post iMiKED # 78362092)
Version: 3.18 Wine for Android (Post iMiKED # 77931607)
Version: 3.17 Wine for Android (Post iMiKED # 77630284)
Version: 3.16 Wine for Android (Post iMiKED # 77034300)
Version: 3.15 Wine for Android (Post iMiKED # 76595789)
Version: 3.13 Wine for Android (Post iMiKED # 75302514)
Version: 3.12 beta Wine for Android (Post iMiKED # 74974069)
Version: 3.10 beta Wine for Android (Post iMiKED # 74137206)
Version: 3.9 beta Wine for Android (Post iMiKED # 73678390)
Version: 3.8 beta Wine for Android
Version: 3.6 Wine for Android (Post sashaqwert # 72347619)
Version: 3.5 beta Wine for Android (Post iMiKED # 71896982)
version: 3.4 (for developers) Wine for Android (Post C-MAN32 # 71444870)
Version: 3.3 Wine for Android
Version: 3.2 Wine for Android
version: 3.1 Wine for Android
version: 3.0 Wine for Android (Post sashaqwert # 69409929)
Version: 3.0-rc6 Wine for Android (Post sashaqwert # 69136280)

Post has been editediMiKED - 06.07.19, 08:25
Reason for editing: New beta 4.12

Rep: (1)
and how to run? more precisely where to throw files? storage \ sd card is empty, does not see folders with games

Rep: (60)
And soon dx12- broadcast>vulcan will fasten, and we will drive dx12 igori on androids.

Post has been editedandroguy - 26.12.17, 16:41

Rep: (102)
More interested in the issue of compatibility with the software. I did not have a case with the Linux original of the program.

Rep: (46)
As I understand, so far only standard applications are supported. Type sapper. In short, at the moment there is no practical use. + There are frequent departures. Speech about ARM.

Rep: (9)
now it makes sense to buy a smartphone on snapdragone

Rep: (38)
Luxeonist @ 12/27/17, 12:53*
now it makes sense to buy a smartphone on snapdragone

I am sure that it is still too early, well, except for devices with Intel and AMD processors - this program is still unable to, practically.

Well, sort of like Exagear Strategies / RPG / Desctop use wine. More precisely, they are launchers. I think the speed is waiting for the update Exagear.

Rep: (60)
* Kisega4,
Exagear all. No one will pay hundreds of oil per month for a subscription to management, if you can take a vine and connect it to a smart phone.

Did someone manage to run some third-party program on this Wine besides some built-in programs? Something while "does not smell" any functional.

Rep: (128)
* ivan1956, It is necessary that someone tested on the Intel processor. There should work. For arm is a useless thing.

Rep: (5)
I checked these "standard" programs (notepad, minesweeper, winecfg). They do not run on a PC with WINXP, but their windows explorer icons display. Maybe this is really a program and a version of wine for emulating the windows rt (arm) environment?
I asked this and a couple more questions on the winehq.org forum. When will answer, I will quote.

Post has been editedwisor2006 - 27.12.17, 13:46

wisor2006 @ 27.12.17, 16:45*
notepad, minesweeper, winecfg

These programs just run from under this Wine, repeatedly launched them. Start the registry editor and other "Labuda". It seems that this is still a heavily trimmed version. The saddest thing is that mouse clicks are not implemented, in particular, the right one. That is, the "Properties" can not be called. Today I tried with accessories bluetooth, mouse and keyboard. A third-party does not come out, gives the code of some kind of error. By the way, I do not run on the Intel processor, the tablet Huawei Mediapad 2 Premium, it has its own Huaveevsky Kirin 930 processor.

Post has been editedivan1956 - 27.12.17, 14:47
Reason for editing: added about bluetooth

You do not understand me. Of course, the standard work in vayne. But on the desktop, they don't start. Apparently, this is not a win32 application. This is something for the arm-wine environment.
Does the keyboard work for you? What: on-screen touch or physical?

where did you get winecfg? I have a notepad there, rundle. Softina should just run win32 software. Only it is not clear where to drop it, or how to mount the folder. For this is the exagear.

I gnaw my nails and wait ...: lol:
perhaps at the beginning of the year it will already be possible to launch something on the arm

Post has been editedluxeonist - 27.12.17, 17:37

wisor2006 @ 27.12.17, 18:51*
Does the keyboard work for you? What: on-screen touch or physical?

You have to call the Hacker's Keyboard through the “curtain”, or use the physical one. In general, this seems to be just some kind of demo, almost no functional. If the "finish", it will be a handy thing.

* wisor2006
Sir, do not mislead people. This Vine is exactly for running win32 on arm. To run win32 on x86, there is a Crossover for a long time.

Rep: (8)
And what is it for?
There is nothing to do there.

* kol2017,
from the cap
At the moment, apparently, it is too early to talk about practical use.
In the wine 3 arm environment, the keyboard does not start, only standard applications from the windows 6.1 image (i.e. windows 7) work. They are surrounded by wine at:
/data/data/org.winehq.wine/files/prefix/drive_c/windows
In any case, the application looks promising. This is the beginning of a larger way to use windows applications in the android environment.

read carefully, come here in a couple of months and will do what

Sir, do not mislead people. This Vine is exactly for running win32 on arm. To run win32 on x86, there is a Crossover for a long time.

Sir (cool appeal, yes, in Russian, alas, there are no generally accepted appeals), I am not misleading anyone.
Obviously, at the moment there are 2 commercial projects:
1. Crossover - wine for android on x86 devices.
2. Exagear - wine + built-in x86 emulator (like qemu) - for android on arm devices.
We don’t really know the purpose of the wine3-arm.apk & wine3-x86.apk files, there are suggestions.
On the winehq.org forum, I was told the following (moderator):
It sounds like you can. Wine doesn’t do CPU emulation, so the ARM version cannot run x86 applications. Project Hangover is an attempt to get that working.
https: //wiki.winehq.or...d_Andr.C3.A9_Hentschel"[/ url]

My translation:
It seems that you have set up this program and it works as well as possible. Wine does not emulate a CPU, so the ARM version cannot run x86 applications. The Hangover project is an attempt to make this [what?] Work.
https: //wiki.winehq.or...d_Andr.C3.A9_Hentschel"[/ url]

where did you get winecfg?

/data/data/org.winehq.wine/files/prefix/drive_c/windows/system32

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/08/19, 02:38