KENWOOD -DNX-DDX-xxxx (GPS GARMIN) | Car radio with GPS.

Rep: (476)
Attached Image

Attached Image

History of Kenwood Corporation
The company was founded in 1946 under the name Kasuga Radio Co. Ltd. in Komagane, Nagano, Japan. In 1960, the company was renamed Trio Corporation. In 1963, Kenwood USA was founded, the first Trio overseas office in Los Angeles, California, USA. [2] In the early 1960s, LaFayette Radio Company sold Trio products, mainly focusing on 23-channel civilian radio stations (CB radio station). The trio created oscilloscopes, for example, the 10-MHz CS-1562A. Kenwood introduced the first [source not specified 408 days] Japanese FM receiver and solid-state amplifier. The company put on the market an amplifier with integrated audio and video signal in 1981. In 2011, JVC and Kenwood combined their trading operations to better resist the growing competition, and the company became known as JVC KENWOOD Corporation

KENWOOD -DNX-DDX-xxxx
Attached Image

Main functional features:

-6.95 "Interactive Touchscreen Control Panel with Graphical User Interface
-Play DVD Video / -VR / В± R / RW, DivX, MPEG 1/2 Video File (.mpg) & JPEG File (.jpg), AAC, WMA, MP3
-Full iPod / iPod Video / iPod Album Art control with KCA-iP200 (audio) or KCA-iP300V (audio & video)
-Blue key backlighting
-1 RCA AV-In, 1 RCA AV-Out, 1 RCA video input for rear view camera
-Built-in navigation from Garmin, high performance navigation system with
friendly interface
- Built-in TMC / TMCpro decoder
- Highly sensitive GPS receiver with CIRF3 module
-Simple software update from SD card
-Bluetooth Handsfree / audio streaming with KCA-BT200

There are models for simpler, and there are for better, for example DNX-8220BT
Everything is simple, affordable, high quality: victory:

useful links

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

* Dear colleagues!
Speakthank"reputation enhancement.
If you have less15messages, then click on "A COMPLAINT"and write who helped you.

VERY IMPORTANT ! What should be avoided so as not to "kill" your device.

Post has been editedvasili_25 - 21.04.13, 23:18

Rep: (0)
In Chernivtsi, a guy is flashing a DNX 72xxx navigator into Russian, no, through a remote desktop. It is only necessary to give him access. You connect your device to your computer. If interested, I can introduce you.

ran into a problem already mentioned above.
I have a kenwood DNX5240BT auto navigator.
Installed firmware withhttp://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/support/updates/and lost Russian (in the menu and fonts in maps).
2nd day google - and nothing but a dumb sitehttp://www.kenwood.in.ua/rusificirovannye-...0-hwid0800.html
Connecting the device via the rear mini-usb and registering on the site does not work. The device is detected, but web-update says that the latest version of the software is installed.
How to return Russian? :( I wrote to all encountered support of Garmin and sites where the firmware was posted. There is only one answer - either there is no sewing, or they are silent. :(
Only on the 1st forum I met an inscription in capital letters "do not flash from the Kenwood website, lose Russian." I do not believe that I stepped on a rake 1.

Post has been editedtikondrus - 26.12.11, 22:51

Rep: (12)
I have two devices: Kenwood DNX-8220BT and Kenwood DNX-7200. Both Garmin have Russian and in no case can you update the navigation program with official means, the Russian will fly off and it is no longer possible to restore it. Flies because these devices were not delivered to the territory of Russia, only maps can be updated. Somehow I tried to update the map via USB on the back with MapSource, but something did not work, although I perfectly saw the entire folder structure. I do not quite understand how the cards are installed. Out of my ear I heard that experts recommend installing cards preferably via USB, and not via an SD card. In these devices, cards are installed on the internal memory of 2 gigabytes.Is there really not one person who can clearly explain how to update maps?

Rep: (5)
tikondrus
ran into a problem already mentioned above.
I have a kenwood DNX5240BT auto navigator.
Installed firmware withhttp://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/support/updates/and lost Russian (in the menu and fonts in maps).
2nd day google - and nothing but a dumb sitehttp://www.kenwood.in.ua/rusificirovannye-...0-hwid0800.html
Connecting the device via the rear mini-usb and registering on the site does not work. The device is detected, but web-update says that the latest version of the software is installed.
How to return Russian? Wrote on all encountered support Garmin and sites where firmware is laid out. There is only one answer - either there is no sewing, or they are silent.
Only on the 1st forum I met an inscription in capital letters "do not flash from the Kenwood website, lose Russian." I do not believe that I stepped on a rake 1.

I don’t know how you have it on my device, I have Kenwood DNX-520VBT. I was stitching the navigation itself (Garmin), the Russian did not go anywhere. If you were flashing Multimedia, then it is possible. I didn’t do it.
olllegan
I have two devices: Kenwood DNX-8220BT and Kenwood DNX-7200. Both Garmin have Russian and in no case can you update the navigation program with official means, the Russian will fly off and it is no longer possible to restore it. Flies because these devices were not delivered to the territory of Russia, only maps can be updated. Somehow I tried to update the map via USB on the back with MapSource, but something did not work, although I perfectly saw the entire folder structure. I do not quite understand how the cards are installed. Out of my ear I heard that experts recommend installing cards preferably via USB, and not via an SD card. The cards are installed on the internal memory of 2 gigabytes in these devices. Isn’t there at least one person who can clearly explain how to update the cards?

Everything is done easily and simply, you only need to be able to do it. Is there a slot for an SD card for navigation? If not, then longer. If anything, write in a personal - I will answer.

Rep: (12)
Everything is done easily and simply, you only need to be able to do it. Is there a slot for an SD card for navigation? If not, then longer. If anything, write in a personal - I will answer.

I will explain in more detail. If you flash the program itself, and not the cards, then devices not supplied to the Russian market lose Russian in the GPS program. From the SD card, I slipped the cards, but for some reason, but the device did not swallow. And it is recommended to update the cards via USB, it is more difficult to kill Russian.

K
Discussion of hacking, cracking and pills are prohibited! Read the rules of the forum ...
You can try to flash, but before that, copy the entire Garmin folder from the device to the computer. This is in order to roll back. I flashed my device - the Russian did not disappear. From the site you download the exe firmware file, run it on your computer. You will receive a firmware file with the extension GCD (GUPDATE.GCD). You drop it into the device through the rear USB connector. Disconnect from the computer and start navigation. You will see Software update or something similar on the screen. This device is being updated (navi part). This may take 30sec-2min.
And it is recommended to update the cards via USB, it is more difficult to kill Russian.

Maps can be updated as you want. I have a device with 4 GB of memory. Inside was a map of Europe, put a map of Russia on a flash drive. And the most important thing about updating Kenwood devices. They are not updated via USB by WebUpdater and Map Checker like Garmin's iron navigators. I do everything on a flash drive, and then upload it to the device. It’s just faster. If you do not understand, write I will answer. I was also warned about the loss of Russian, but I took a chance. I copied all the insides in advance.
If you need to add a map of Russia inside or on a flash drive, then I will help. You start navigation, go to Settings-About system-About the device. You will see the device ID - 10 digits (4500675367 like this). Send me in a personal, I will give you a finished unlock file. Now the last map to Russia is 5.25. I have a card with a feed of 1868, I tried with a feed of 1280 - the contours of houses are not displayed (it is in principle and it is understandable why - it is for old devices).

olllegan
Flies because these devices were not delivered to the territory of Russia

And who told you that Kenwood DNX-8220BT and Kenwood DNX-7200 were not delivered to Russia? Take a look:http://www.kenwood-rus.ru/products/car/mul...vers/DNX8220BT/ - http://www.kenwood-rus.ru/products/car/mul...eivers/DNX7200/

Post has been editedvasili_25 - 19.02.12, 09:43
Reason for editing: Violation!

Rep: (13)
friends, teach how to upgrade cards on the DNX-5580BT costs garmin

tarroman
friends, teach how to upgrade cards on the DNX-5580BT costs garmin

Write in a personal.

so how to deal with Russian on DNX-8220BT? www.kenwood.in.ua not to offer, a little expensive, a little cheaper agree

Post has been editedigoda - 22.01.12, 19:24

Greetings to all! In short, the dnx 7200, after a clumsy removal-adding of cards, some kind of the necessary system file was apparently erased. Navigation of course is not loaded, the computer sees an internal flash. The firmware does not accept. there is exactly the same apparatus, but the working one, of course, the question is whether it is possible to somehow dump the image of the working disk and fill it into a killed mafon. simple copying does not help of course. Is it possible to somehow raise it at the software level, or just disassembly? thank you in advance for a useful thought!

M
The curator of the topic is appointedvasili_25
Welcome to the team

Post has been editedbambei - 18.02.12, 16:11

Rep: (37)
Dburik @ 02/03/2012, 11:13 PM*
Greetings to all! In short, the dnx 7200, after a clumsy removal-adding of cards, some kind of the necessary system file was apparently erased. Navigation of course is not loaded, the computer sees an internal flash. The firmware does not accept. there is exactly the same apparatus, but the working one, of course, the question is whether it is possible to somehow dump the image of the working disk and fill it into a killed mafon. simple copying does not help of course. Is it possible to somehow raise it at the software level, or just disassembly? thank you in advance for a useful thought!

Try to copy all the internal memory from the working device, non-working if you see the internal memory format in the FAT32 system, uncheck the quick format, wait for the formatting to complete(in no case after or during formatting, do not pull out the USB cable), waiting for the completion of uploading files from the working device inside, and after that you can pull out the USB cable, everything should work out.

Post has been editedvasili_25 - 19.02.12, 00:19

They are not updated via USB by WebUpdater and Map Checker like Garmin iron navigators.

Thanks to our friends from the neighboring forum and in particularMochik , you can update Garmin firmware with P.K. and even more description in the spoiler.
A universal utility for creating medical firmware for all modern Garmin Nuvi that have problems with the file system. This is the most universal solution, which is designed to replace all previously created cure firmware. It will help if any files on the internal memory of the navigator are damaged, which prevents it from fully loading, as well as formatting failures, formatting in NTFS, etc.

How to use:
1.Download the original firmware for your device a gcd format from the Garmin website
2. Feed it to the GarminCure Utility
3. Click Make Firmware by selecting Cure
4. When the utility says Processing OK - you can click the Updater button to start updater.exe and start the firmware in the pre-boot. If the utility freezes before processing ok appears or writes processing failed - please unsubscribe here.
5. After the firmware, the device will hang on Logo Garmin, but it has been identified as a removable disk.
Now attention !!!
Without disconnecting the device from P.K., we format it in the format Fat (Fat32) and only after that go to step 6.
6. Disconnect the device from P.K. by safely removing the USB.
7. Now you can repeat all the steps by selecting the Original checkbox for flashing the device with normal firmware.

Attached fileGarminCure3.zip(502.34 KB)

Post has been editedbambei - 19.02.12, 16:29

vasili_25,
thank you for responding! I tried all of the above methods, including the method proposed by Mowchik. the device is not detected by this utility, it does not see it. I tried to copy the working device disk in Linux and upload it to the one killed by the dd command i.e. byte to byte-nothing ((I will try to consider it as a programmer. if there is any advice on this matter, I will be very grateful!

Dburik @ 02.24.2012, 01:43*
if there is any advice on this matter

Try the same thing, but only with the device turned off (tobish hold src) garmin should respond.

in 7200 there is no button (src): blush: gave it to the hairdryer) I will unsubscribe the result.

Rep: (117)
but can’t it be possible to put a third-party navigation program in Kenwood? For example, in 5260?

guardtroops
if there’s navigation built into your head -not
and if an external navi module is used thereKenwood KNA G51x / 52x / 4xx, then you can install such a box in exchangePhantom Navigation Box 100and put in it whatever you want

Rep: (1)
good afternoon.
question to the owners: how long does the system load before the sound of the radio ??? how long is the navigation ready for use ???

good afternoon.
question to the owners: how long does the system load before the sound of the radio ??? how long is the navigation ready for use ???

What Kenwood are you talking about?
Each of them has multimedia and navigation separately, and there are already firmware versions from them, the newer the firmware, the faster the device.
Clarify your question and get a more objective answer.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/15/19, 07:44