Rep: (89)
UMIDIGI S2 - Firmware
Discussion | Firmware

Drivers and Utilities

Instructions

Firmware
Official firmware:

miscellanea

There is no curator in the subject. For filling caps, please contactmoderatorssection through a buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editeddima.lomega - 22.03.18, 14:02
Reason for editing: editing the header.

Rep: (10)
Karoch got root rights B)

took everything from the above link,Italianco-owners of this unit)
If anyone needed, did this:
1. Download and install Flashtool V.5.1728
2. Download and install MTK_Driver_Auto_Installer_SP_Drivers_20160804
3. I downloaded and unzipped the official firmware 20171027_g20v57_c2k _kw_s81
4. I downloaded Recovery By Ghost45 (Test 1) (for which I thank him very much!) And sorted out
5. I downloaded and threw the archiver Root SuperSu Vers 2.82 into the root of the phone
6. I cut down the phone, picked up the firewood, again disconnected the bodies
7. In the folder where I unpacked the recovery, renamed recovery_Cwm_Touch_test1.img to recovery.img (no_touch tr tried, but TWRP did not start ...)
8. Launched Flashtool chose the one that was in the archive of the recovery in the scatter-loading file, clicked on the download and picked up the phone in the off state, a couple of seconds and the reciever was installed.
9. We unhook the bodies, hold the volume up and power, as the logo appeared, hold the volume up for another 3 seconds and cut the recovery (it's still raw, so upside down: D)
10. select "instal zip ...", further below, "... from ext sdcard" (like so ... forgot how exactly), a tree of internal phone flash appears, we find a previously cast archiver with Root SuperSu Vers 2.82, we wait for everything Down, and then we cut down the bodies or reboot.
11. go to the system see superSU, rejoice!
. I just returned the original recovery, the custom is still buggy yet
12. pulled the files preloader_g20v57c2k_kw_s81.bin and recovery.img from the archive from the official firmware and threw them with the replacement in the folder where the custom recovery lies and then do the same as when flashing the custom recovery
13. Everything, the phone has root rights, and original recovery.

Post has been editedAlexanderL - 04.11.17, 07:25
Reason for editing: In the header

Rep: (14)
DO NOT BE LAZY ! TAKE A SEARCH! POSSIBLE SOLUTION ALREADY IS!

Attached Image

I downloaded everything and posted on Yandex Disk
Instructions on firmware

How to install the original firmware

INSTRUCTIONS FOR UMI SMARTPHONE FIRMWARE
(similarly for other series of phones of this brand)
Attention!!!!
Everything you do, you do at your own peril and risk. If you are not confident in your abilities, do not do what you do not understand.
Do not forget to remove the SIM-card and flash drives from the device.

1) Install the driver(link below)
Device recognition drivers

2) Download FlashTool V.5.1728(link below)
FlashTool V.5.1728
exclusive version for the latest OCTA Basic devices

3) Download the firmwareV1.0_20171221 (Android 6.0.1)and unzip to any folder on the PC(link below)
(for FlashTool)
Build Number: V1.0_20171221 (Android 6.0.1)

4)Run FlashTool.exe on behalf of the Administrator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We look at the screenshotMANDATORY
Attached Image

1. looking for a scatter file(where you unzipped the firmware)MT6757_Android_scatter.txt add through the button in the figure
2. We remove the daws in the figure under the numbers No. 3 and No. 4 (the first and last turn out) so that the data will not be erased and not to kill the firmware
3. turn off the phone, press the button 5 Download, disconnect the phone from the computer (pull the USB cable out of the computer !!!) and reconnect .....
4. went to the bottom of the red stripe, then the yellow ...(forgot to say the body should be charged at least 50%)
5. a small square appears with a green check mark that everything is ok .... and you have a new firmware version

VERY IMPORTANT - if the recovery (custom) and root is already installed, then the next time you update the firmware with the help of flash, you need to remove the daw from the recovery point

Attached Image

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OTA update (restore)

Manual (local) method OTA

Copy uploadedZip fileto the internal memory or SD card of your phone
Go to Settings ->About phone ->Wireless Network Update
Click the 3 points button in the upper right corner and select Local Updates.
Browse through the file ... update.zip and select it.
Click "Install Now", combine the process with "OK" and wait for the process to complete.

List of changes :
Optimized camera performance
Stability to Wi-Fi stability
Minor fixes

It can only update version 2017 1027

Archive files:
Build Number: V1.0_20171221 (Android 6.0.1)
  • Optimized camera performance
  • Stability to Wi-Fi stability
  • Minor fixes

(for FlashTool)
Android 6 V1.0_20171114 (Android 6.0.1)

List of changes :
Some service provider APN settings are missing or incorrect.
Minor fixes
This is an intermediate version, not wireless (OTA) update available.

(for FlashTool)
Android 6 20171108_g20v57c2k_kw_s81

(for FlashTool)
Android 6 V1.0_20171027 (Android 6.0.1)

List of changes :
An error was corrected when charging was impossible if the device was turned off with a very low battery level
Failed to disconnect audio in standby mode
Optimized camera siganl amplifier
Optimized processing of the entire camera

(For Flashtool)
Android 6. 0 V1.0_20170928

List of changes :
Improved fingerprint scanner unlock speed
Changed camera user interface
Added Battery Saver mode when a low battery is reached

(for FlashTool)
Android 6 V1.0_20170922

List of changes :
First release for production

FlashTool V.5.1728
exclusive version for the latest OCTA Basic devices

Device recognition drivers

Recovery Modded (Under Development) ported to Ghost45 (Test 1)
Cwm touch e TWRP 3.1.0.0 (recommendedMisutka76 )

Root SuperSu Vers 2.82

Link to the original:

Those who put Ruth and replaced the Recovery, if an OTA update comes by air, such as a patch, and update ...
After that, some of the Chinese turned into a brick ... neater friends are very good, the body is new ... I warned !!!
(information fromMisutka76for which he thanks! )

Link to the original:

Picture

Post has been editedOhota2383 - 27.12.17, 02:13
Reason for editing: December 26 updated firmware version and local update.

Rep: (17)
Sculpting instructions for Root and Recovery ... for the impatient ...))) wait
So step onedisable antivirus on your computer... preparation downloaded:
Route - SuperSU PRO v2.82SR1.zip (we leave the root in the zip archive and do not need to unclamp it and throw it at the root of the phone)
Attached Image

Attached fileSuperSU PRO v2.82SR1.zip(5.58 MB)

Attached filerecovery_mod_umi_S2.rar(34.66 MB)

Recovery - recovery_mod_umi_S2 (unpack it there are a lot of files we need onlyrecovery_Cwm_Touch_test1.img) The rest do not work, I warn the recovery is raw and upside down! Open SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1728 (right-click on the icon.ehe, on behalf of the Administrator)
do again the above described manipulations with the firmware add the filefrom the new firmware (MT6757_Android_scatter.txt) FROM NEW, And not from the folder with the recoveryIn short, as if we are stitching again, only now we remove all the checkmarks except the RECOVERY
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

click on the line and look for the file in the folder with the recovery(recovery_Cwm_Touch_test1.img)the path will change
cut down the body, disconnect from the computer and reconnect
We enter into the recovery volume + and power
Screenshots of figs with cheap body fotkal in haste ....
Attached Image

Attached Image

We are looking forINSTAL.ZIPenter furtherChoose zip from ExtraSDThis is the memory of the phone we are looking for at the bottom SuperSU PRO v2.82SR1 we sew .... overload we see the Super user icon in the menu

REMEMBER AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!
did not seem to forget anything
programs that use root
Attached Image

Post has been editedMisutka76 - 13.11.17, 23:47

Installing firmware (official)
Similarly for other series of phones of this brand.

The phone must be charged at least 50-60%!

1) Install the driver (we take from the caps.)
2) Downloading FlashTool V.5.1728 (we take from the caps.)
3) Download the firmware (build number we take from the header.) And unzip to any folder on the PC
4) Run FlashTool.exe on behalf of the Administrator
5) Are looking for scatter file (where you unzipped the firmware) MT6757_Android_scatter.txt add through the button in the figure
6) We remove the tick on the figure under the numbers пїЅ3 and пїЅ4 (get the first and last) to not erase the data and not kill the firmware
7) Turn off the phone, press the button (5) Download , disconnect the phone from the computer (pull out the USB cable from the computer !!!) and reconnect .....
8) I went to the bottom of the red stripe, then the yellow ...
9) A small square with a green check mark appears, it means you have installed the firmware

We look at the screenshot,sure!
Screenshot under the spoiler.

Attached Image

Post has been editeddima.lomega - 12.12.17, 21:10

Installation Recovery
Recovery portedGhost45
Cwm touch e TWRP 3.1.0.0 (test 1)

The phone must be charged at least 50-60%!

1) Install the driver (we take from the caps.)
2) Downloading FlashTool V.5.1728 (we take from the caps.)
3) Downloading Recovery
4) Run FlashTool.exe on behalf of the Administrator
5) Are looking for scatter file MT6757_Android_scatter.txt add through the button in the figure
6) We remove all the checkboxes except the item " RECOVERY "
7) Turn off the phone, press the button Download , disconnect the phone from the computer (pull out the USB cable from the computer !!!) and reconnect .....
8) I went to the bottom of the red stripe, then the yellow ...
9) A small square with a green check mark appears, it means you have installed the firmware

Download Recovery: https://yadi.sk/d/wVDns6C03Pboh3

Post has been editeddima.lomega - 12.12.17, 21:08

Rep: (1761)
M
We move to subsection:Umi
A fruitful discussion.

Rep: (4)
Friends can not hear about the new firmware ??

Rep: (1)
And what's the point of putting recovery_mod_umi_S2? It is still raw, as they say here. Or without it the root will not be delivered?

Or without it the root will not be delivered?

Without it, the root will not be set ...)* Dima16

Rep: (0)
Tell me, but if I throw the body to the factory settings, will I lose the root and recovery ??

* belthazor1901,
Recovery is definitely not, (it is out of reach) and the root is probably (I have not tried it myself) according to the suta as all the programs on the body are demolished, you can carry everything through the recovery, in my opinion it would be better, you need to clear it, davik caches, and data

Post has been editedMisutka76 - 19.12.17, 22:30

Not sure where you can read about the values ​​of all the checkboxes?
Attached Image

Post has been editedvaalf - 26.12.17, 12:22
Reason for editing: Pictures under spoiler, section rules

* szi5un
Lower userdata so that the data is not erased, and the upper so as not to kill the firmware ...
hiding skins under spoler, otherwise they will delete, and you save traffic to someone else who is not interested in this dubious person

Skin changed? And on this you sew one recovery, where the daw stands, the rest of the firmware files you do not sew ...
What exactly do you want to do with the body? There, in the princep I described everything in steps and screenshots in Photoshop circled in red

Post has been editedMisutka76 - 19.12.17, 22:59

* Misutka76,
I think to wait for the new firmware with the camera fixes and immediately flash it along with the root.
userdata is what data?
What does it mean to kill the firmware? Are there any positive moments from this tick?

* szi5un
I think I'll wait for a long time, so long as the last one is V1.0 2017.11.23 - Android 6.0.1, when you sew it without daws, it turns out like an OTA update, all your programs, contacts, notes there, launcher, etc. (in short, everything) remains, but the update (patch) is put
And with one daw it is you sew the recovery, for the root without affecting the firmware

Post has been editedMisutka76 - 20.12.17, 00:57

* Misutka76,
And if I want to leave only contacts, and all the programs to demolish? And after installing the root, how can you put your own recovery?
The firmware was promised to be released in a month after the release of the last firmware.

Post has been editedszi5un - 20.12.17, 11:33

* szi5un
Then put the bottom daw with the firmware usedata, and you’ll take it all down, save your Google contacts, and it’s easy to return the recovery; stitching, but why does native recovery stupid and just not needed, cwm and twrp can do something and help with copying

* Misutka76,
New versions of non-curved recovery when expected? Who makes them?

* szi5un
I don’t know this ... I know that twrp needs to be ordered, one person does onsavagemessiahzine.com, there is a theme, but he needs some files from our system’s phone

Rep: (4)
And let's give him all the files, let him collect the firmware for us!

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07.22.19, 09:44