> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Barnes & Noble Nook Glowlight 3 (2017) | E Ink Carta 1448x1072, touch, backlight

Rep: (547)
Barnes & Noble Nook Glowlight 3 (2017)
PictureBNRV520, NG3, (VID2080, PID000B - Windows, GNU / Linux)

Updated version 2019 - Barnes & Noble Nook Glowlight Plus (2019) 7.8 "[Android]

Attached Image

Device Description: Screen: 6 inch E Ink Carta 1448x1072 (300 ppi), 16 shades of gray, with backlight (13 LEDs: 7 white, 6 orange) with adjustable color temperature (auto and manual), IR (infrared) sensor, integrated protection: anti-glare , from scratches and fingerprints.

Processor: 1 GHz (i.MX 6 series 32-bit MPU, ARM Cortex-A9 core, 1GHz, MCIMX6L8DVN10AB)
Memory: 512 MB
Storage: 8 GB(6.5 GB is available, of which 5.5 GB is reserved for original content, 1 GB for user content (side-loaded)).
After upgrading to version 4.8.3, 6.5 GB is available to the user - clickable
Battery: 1500 mAh, up to 50 days of operation from one full charge, subject to reading 30 min / day, 1 page per minute, without Wi-Fi, at a backlight level of 10%.
Paging buttons: yes, with additional functionality (double-click chapters, fast flipping on hold).
Memory card: no.
Power Adapter: No
Connections: USB 2.0, Wi-Fi (802.11 a / b / g / n, 2.4GHz).
System: customized Android 4.4.2 (KitKat), support for user profiles.
Formats: EPUB, PDF, Adobe DRM ePub and PDF (screensaver: BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG), synchronization of reading positions (iPhone, iPad, Android). When installing third-party programs for reading - fb2, txt, etc.
Dimensions: 176 x 127 x 8.8 mm.
Weight: 196 g
Price: 119.99 USD
Specifications
Operating system: Android
Screen Type: E-Ink Carta qHD
Screen size, inches: 6"
Screen resolution: 1448x1072
Touch screen: Yes
Built-in lights: [Backlight]
Supported text formats: EPUB DRM, EPUB, PDF DRM, PDF
Supported graphic formats: JPEG, BMP, PNG
Audio support: Not
RAM, mb .: 512
Built-in memory, mb .: 8192
Memory Card Support: Not
Bluetooth support: Not
Wi-Fi support: Yes
Text-to-Speech support: Not
Battery capacity, mAh: 1500
Sizes, mm (Sh x V x T): 127x176x8.8
Weight, gr .: 196
Products webpage: https://m.barnesandnoble.com
Additional photos
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Additional Information
Quick Start Guide (eng.) Attached fileNOOK_GlowLight_3_QuickStartGuide.pdf (512.87 KB)

Full user manual (English)Attached fileNOOK_GlowLight_3_User_Guide.pdf(14.44 MB)
Cut from Night mode manual (night mode, backlight temperature control)
Attached Image

Topic on xda (eng.)Nook glowlight 3
Mobileread TopicsB & N to release NOOK GlowLight 3andNook GlowLight 3 released Nov 8

Nook readers come with the Android OS, which provides the ability to use any favorite program for reading with support for different formats and extensive customization options (for one-time or as personal preferences change). People who write that the android quickly discharges the battery of the reader, are usually unfamiliar with the Nook, and are judged by the readers of manufacturers of at least the "second tier".

It is possible to obtain root rights, instructions from* Viller, - Barnes & Noble Nook Glowlight 3 (2017) (Post Viller # 68349557)
Photo book cover from* HinDMosT, Barnes & Noble Nook Glowlight 3 (2017) (Post HinDMosT # 68419703)
Alternative coversBarnes & Noble Nook Glowlight 3 (2017) (Sylvia Post # 73436807)
Screenshots from the device from* Borman_ua Barnes & Noble Nook Glowlight 3 (2017) (Post Borman_ua # 68575772) , for which a special thanks to him :)
TWRP from* Ryogo, Barnes & Noble Nook Glowlight 3 (2017) (Post Ryogo # 76560958) , thank you :)
If, after installing the launcher, the book hangs on butanimation - a recipe from* paguro Barnes & Noble Nook Glowlight 3 (2017) (Post paguro # 68801834)
If, after installing the launcher, the book hangs on butanimation - a recipe from* go8765, Barnes & Noble Nook Glowlight 3 (2017) (Post go8765 # 69465368)
Drivers for adb (Windows; for 10 optional) -Barnes & Noble Nook Glowlight 3 (2017) (Post paguro # 68801834)
ZeroLab Nooter (Solemn Edition) - NOOK GlowLight Plus / 3 from* ZeroChaos, ZeroLab Nooter (Solemn Edition) - NOOK GlowLight Plus / 3 , thanks :)
Reassigning button functionsBarnes & Noble Nook Glowlight 3 (2017) (Post paguro # 77479285)andBarnes & Noble Nook Glowlight 3 (2017) (Post paguro # 69171266)
Photo disassembledBarnes & Noble Nook Glowlight 3 (2017) (Post Waldy55 # 69689311)
Image of native recoveryBarnes & Noble Nook Glowlight 3 (2017) (Post paguro # 70072276)
N + Toolkit (module for Xposed Framework, significantly improves the capabilities of the device)NOOK GlowLight Plus (Post Ryogo # 60628613)
Quick Installation Guide for Xposed FrameworkNOOK GlowLight Plus (Post Ryogo # 60646246)
Xposed Framework + N + Toolkit (briefly + files)Barnes & Noble Nook Glowlight 3 (2017) (Post paguro # 72160553)
Combinations of buttons to boot in fastboot, recovery + works fastboot bootBarnes & Noble Nook Glowlight 3 (2017) (Post Ryogo # 71790626)
Alternative Google services + play marketBarnes & Noble Nook Glowlight 3 (2017) (Post Ryogo # 72868584)
If the book is frozen and does not respond to buttons and chargingBarnes & Noble Nook Glowlight 3 (2017) (Post go8765 # 75391716)
Configure Nook Glowlight 3 (2017) for convenient useBarnes & Noble Nook Glowlight 3 (2017) (Post Sven2006 # 78454703)
App for backlight control and Wi-FiBarnes & Noble Nook Glowlight 3 (2017) (Post Ryogo # 80029635)

Installing third-party software - programs for reading, launchers, browsers, etc.
Reassigning button functions (as in the old Nook Simple Touch)
Barnes & Noble in Brief
Barnes & Noble (readers of the Nook) - American rival Amazon, a company with a 150-year history, more than 600 bookstores, cafes in the United States. It occupies the 2nd place in the book-selling market in the USA (after Amazon).
How to buy
1. Initially set the task of redeeming a forwarder (the easiest option)
or
2. Buy on eBay (thanks* Sylvia for the reminder) - https://www.ebay.com/i…b6d:g:maMAAOSwA~VaKEXX
the seller is Barnes & Noble (barnesandnobleinc (272993)), the price is the same as at bn.com - US $ 119.99
problems with payment and the official guarantee is not expected
One year limited warranty included.
Optional Extended Protection Plan sold separately.
or
3. Go to bn.com website (you need to pretend to be American: Opera Mini on Android, anonymoX for Firefox, etc.), order at the address of an intermediary in the US, pay via PayPal (confirmed confirmed address in the US), upon arrival at the warehouse in the states order shipment to your country.

NOOK GlowLightВ® 3 $ 119.99
NOOK GlowLight® 3 # 119.99 (mobile version, does not require “pretend to be American”)
NOOK GlowLightВ® 3 Refurbished (CPO) * $ 89.99
NOOK GlowLight® 3 Refurbished (CPO) * $ 89.99 (mobile version, does not require “pretend to be American”)
* Refurbished (C ertified P re- O wned) - restored, tested by the manufacturer of the device with a 90-day warranty.
or
4. Buy at Amazon (easy to find)
But the seller is not Amazon and not Barnes & Noble, I read that there are nuances with a guarantee (the "football" from the seller to BN and vice versa + the return period is very short).
Reviews and Comparisons
Generations E Ink Nook Readers Offline
2011 Nook Simple TouchBarnes & Noble NOOK (The Simple Touch Reader)
2012 Nook Simple Touch with GlowLight (one theme for 2011 and 2012 - see above)
2013 Nook GlowLightBarnes & Noble NOOK GlowLight (2013)
2015 Nook GlowLight Plus 6 "NOOK GlowLight Plus
2017 Nook GlowLight 3Barnes & Noble Nook Glowlight 3 (2017)
2019 Nook GlowLight Plus 7.8 "Barnes & Noble Nook Glowlight Plus (2019) 7.8 "[Android]

Post has been editedgabby - 04.06.19, 14:39
Reason for editing: NGP 2019

Rep: (88)
Well, there is nothing written about the new device. Only assumptions. Type let out every two years a new piece of iron. And what would you like from a new device.

Rep: (44)
Paguro @ 03/10/19, 10:40*
And what would you like from a new device.

Let it be exactly the same. The main thing is to fix this bug with a falling file system.
Uda had long forgotten about it, and then the other day on a trip all of the books suddenly disappeared again ... I didn’t even connect to my computer, but it still got stuck.

Rep: (0)
Perhaps this is because you were just buying a new one, and not a proven one - refurbished nuk.

Rep: (1)
Borisonno @ 03/08/19, 10:56 PM*
no allow debugging button. if possible - screen

from the instruction: 13. Connect the USB cable, close the window with a cross to offer to turn on USB Mode, go back to the page and click "Allow debugging" (without this, in the future in ADB your book will be unauthorized)

I come back, and there is no button.

If anyone else encounters this problem, you must definitely update the book to the latest version before installation. otherwise there will be no allow debugging button.

Post has been editedborisonno - 19.03.19, 22:06

I recently received a nuk, installed a cooler and can not find the page update mode in the settings. On the old simple touch there is such a thing, but not here. Who knows how to configure? And then the screen does not update at all. i.e. no blinking. Maybe you need a special version of the cooler? Compared to my nuk simpatch this is slow, it is noticeable by moving in the menu.

Post has been editedLord_Roman1982 - 22.03.19, 04:49

Rep: (44)
Lord_Roman1982 @ 03/22/19, 04:37*
Compared to my nuk simpatch this is slow, it is noticeable by moving in the menu.

This cooler slows down. For some reason, Alreader turns pages and climbs through the menu faster.
As for the full update - xs. Probably, only his native reader fully supports it. But on this screen I don’t particularly see the need for it. Traces from previous pages are almost gone.

Alexey_b @ 03/22/19, 9:34 PM*
This cooler slows down. For some reason, Alreader turns pages and climbs through the menu faster.
As for the full update - xs. Probably, only his native reader fully supports it. But on this screen I don’t particularly see the need for it. Traces from previous pages are almost gone.

The native reader updates every 5 pages, sort of like, installed a different version of the cooler where you can configure page updates. Now everything is fine. I did not see any brakes on all versions that I put. Alreader put did not like the word in general, or was already used to the cooler.

Post has been editedLord_Roman1982 - 25.03.19, 09:59

Rep: (241)
I did not see any brakes on all versions that I put. Alreader put did not like the word in general, or was already used to the cooler.
That's for sure, it's all a matter of habit, I can’t use a cooler, but an alrider is quite happy. True, Zxreader is out of competition, IMHO

Sylvia @ 03/25/19, 10:03*
True, Zxreader is out of competition, IMHO

discard the link for our book I will try.

Rep: (241)
* Lord_Roman1982 ZXReader in a hat for 4 android

Good afternoon. Question to the owners - what to check when buying a book? What to pay attention to? How much does the battery hold at maximum backlight?

Rep: (52)
Hello to all.
I'm thinking about buying a subject. We have had one Nook (NST) for many years, but it was captured by our beloved girl, and the smartphone screen is especially harmful before bedtime (there is such an opinion).
Question. Has anyone tried surfing the Internet on a subject and / or using the applicationsavagemessiahzine.com? Color pictures are not interested. Tolerant? Noticeably faster than NST (who compared).

* IIvanych ,
Need buttons paging (Post Kramar111 # 83750094)
But my opinion is that eink is not suitable for an Internet

Rep: (3)
Sven2006 @ 10.30.18, 01:37*
Set in 2 clicks via adb, add launcher to the circular menu, enter dropbox on the reader, computer or smartphone, pump books there.
adb shell
adb install with: \ my_folder \ dropbox.apk

It seems that she understood everything (as it seemed to me), set up the reader on the topic above, everything works. But I don’t understand how to install applications like dropbox and which thread the conductor ... and I can’t find how to install third-party software ... or I'm looking badly. Maybe put on the right path ... Thank you! The dropbox.apk file has already downloaded and slowed down.

Rep: (6)
Lerochka2002 @ 03/29/19, 16:52*
But how to install applications like dropbox and what kind of thread explorer I do not understand ...

They wrote to you above.

Posted on 03/29/2019, 17:03:

MatrixxxART @ 03/27/19, 19:31*
What to pay attention to? How much does the battery hold at maximum backlight?

Well, how do you check this when buying?
Screen check. What is charging. Button performance.

* lerochka2002,
If it is not clear what ADB is, start with the header of this topic.ADB and all that can be done with it

MacDuck @ 03/29/19, 17:02*
Well, how do you check this when BUYING? Check the screen. What is charging. Button performance.

I buy with my hands. I was given a book for a week to check. There is time - so I ask)

Installed zeam launcher from the zerolab package - a day passed and the book began to lag terribly. 4-5 seconds for any action. Rebooting does not help. Has anyone encountered this problem?

Paguro @ 02/06/18, 19:03*
and restore through adb
adb shell
su
dd if = / sdcard / recovery.img of = / dev / block / mmcblk0p2

Good afternoon. Please tell me, if after factory reset, at the stage of language selection and registration, the book slows down and the Wi-Fi does not turn on (hangs in the inscription turning on wi-fi), can you somehow revive it by restoring the native firmware? Comp book does not see

Rep: (4)
throw a link, pliz, on how to parse this piece of gloomy genius, hangs dead.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/14/19, 18:58