> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Gopher 2

Rep: (3)
SamiusI @ 01/21/18, 11:45 PM*
At 97%, the process freezes.

This suggests that, unfortunately, the Chinese put on your device a card with a capacity of less than 2GB just 3%

Rep: (8)
The fact is that the oddity is not 3%, but only 0.8% less. But apparently this is enough for the flasher to fail.
For the sake of interest, I dug out two old microSD cards marked 2GB in my bins and looked at their actual capacity.
In theory, there should be an honest 1907 Mb. Total:
Target (standing inside the console) 1892 Mb
Samsung 1910 Mb
Kingston 1876 Mb

SamiusI @ 01/21/18, 11:45 PM*
... After turning off the power through the switch (not through the menu), the console booted up the second time. The first time it crashed when turned on ...

I tested it on my gopher, turned it off / on five times in a row, everything continues to work fine ...
The console may freeze in case of damage to partitions on the internal memory card; partitions may deteriorate either due to "dying"
cards, or in the case when the card is being recorded, and at that moment the power is turned off and it does not depend on whether the firmware or inform
By the way, for reference, there is no veil section in the official firmware.
SamiusI @ 01/22/18, 15:04*
But apparently this is enough for the flasher to fail.

The flasher is not buggy, it simply does not have enough space on the memory card. The Chinese are the masters of making memory cards that show one volume, but as you start writing, it doesn’t write further, they bought a lot of those like that in one computer store)))

Post has been editedcompotx - 22.01.18, 16:17

Compotx @ 01/22/18, 16:01*
By the way, for help in the official firmware there is no fat section.

Is it possible in more detail about the veil section? Something I do not recall such an unofficial assembly. Should it be detected when connected via USB to a PC?

SamiusI @ 01/22/18, 17:15*
Is it possible in more detail about the veil section? Something I do not recall such an unofficial assembly. Should it be detected when connected via USB to a PC?

In mod03, it was possible, when connected to the computer on USB, to work on the fat section of the internal card, to add / remove saves ...
Unofficial Sega Gopher 2 firmware mod dated 12/9/2017

Mod0.3b

1. OpenSavePartition - when connecting to a computer via USB, an additional section with saves will be available (to add saves, delete already unnecessary saves)

At 08, this can be done using the Dingux Commander

Post has been editedcompotx - 22.01.18, 16:26

At 08, this can be done using the Dingux Commander

Can you tell us in more detail how this can be done with the help of a dingux commander? Maybe there is a dock? And then I ran into this commander, seemingly a regular file manager and how to create partitions through it is not clear.

Rep: (4)
SamiusI @ 01/23/18, 16:39*
Can you tell us in more detail how this can be done with the help of a dingux commander?

You don’t need to create partitions here. If you want to access the external one via the menu. In the USB (Usb-Connect) section. And through Dingux Commander you can only delete your save (without deleting the sav folder and the folders inside it).

SamiusI @ 01/23/18, 17:39*
Can you tell us in more detail how this can be done with the help of a dingux commander? Maybe there is a dock? And then I ran into this commander, seemingly a regular file manager and how to create partitions through it is not clear.

I didn’t put it that way apparently, with the help of the commander, no partitions are created, it is used to copy, transfer, delete files (save), therefore the section was not connected

* compotx
* zimov9625,
Clear. Thank.
Is it possible to somehow use the remaining space on the map with benefit? And then after flashing to an 8GB card, almost 6 GB of useless cargo lie in the form of an unallocated area.

SamiusI @ 01/23/18, 18:47*
Is it possible to somehow use the remaining space on the map with benefit?

Yes, of course, skip the firmware process, start with "So we rolled the image of a 2GB card onto an 8GB card ...".http: //pereulok.blogsp.../05/sega-gopher-2.html

Post has been editedcompotx - 23.01.18, 18:08

Compotx @ 01/22/18, 16:01*
The console may freeze in case of damage to partitions on the internal memory card; partitions may deteriorate either due to "dying"
cards

Indeed, the reason for the unstable operation was in the memory card. But why, I did not understand. A brand new card, bought the other day. I ran tests for errors and read / write - everything is ok. The card works great in other devices, and even in the external microSD slot of the console itself also works great. But for some completely incomprehensible reasons, when installing the firmware on it, the console began to malfunction. Unofficial assemblies were not loaded periodically, and the official list sometimes lost the list of games (I had to press the "magic" key combination to make the games appear in the list again). 8GB OltraMax Class 10 Card.
As a result, I went to the boutiques and bought another card, with a lower class - 8GB SmartBuy Class 4. With it, everything worked with a bang. No glitches.

SamiusI @ 01.24.18, 12:18*
... and on the official the list of games sometimes disappeared ...

By the way, if such problems begin, this means that something is wrong with the fat section (in the new off firmware this section is ext3), it contains a config file that contains information about whether the games are unlocked or not, when the section deteriorates, the menu tries to read this file, cannot and sets the default unlock value, but it is equal to (0), this leads to the fact that after the reboot you have to permanently or periodically unlock the games ... something like that.

As a result, I went to the boutiques and bought another card, in a lower class.

In the case of goffer2, it seems to me that the card class does not affect the operation of applications, since any application is fully loaded into the console’s memory and does not work with a memory card ... there’s no swop yet

Post has been editedcompotx - 24.01.18, 11:55

In the case of gopher2, it seems to me that the class does not affect much, since any application is completely loaded into the console’s memory and does not work with the memory card ... there’s no swop yet

Clear. The class below I decided to take just in case (you never know what, there was no certainty)), and even cheaper.
Does psx4all work without swap? There disk images of 500-600 MB

Rep: (0)
PS1 emulator works, even plays video from game clips ... but games come with huge brakes, albeit smooth. As if time is 2 times slowing down. And of course, the sound does not work in games (Most likely, I simply wouldn’t pull it with the sound

qer141 @ 01/29/18, 08:16*
games come with huge brakes

I propose to double-check and make a similar list for Gopher 2

PSX4ALL Compatibility for Dingoo A320 (Dingux)

Playable:

Adventures of lomax
Ace combat
Aces of the air
Activision Classics
Agile Warrior F-111X
Air combat
Alien resurrection
All Star Slammin D-Ball
Batman forever
Bishi Bashi 2
Breath of fire 3
Breath of fire 4
Bomberman
Deathtrap dungeon
Digimon card battle
Dino crisis 2
Final fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final fantasy ix
Finger flashing
Forsaken (Info)
Jet moto
Kartia
Kula world
Konami Arcade Classics
Looney tunes racing
Metal gear solid
Thunder force v
NBA Jam Tournament Edition
Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee (v20091022)
Rally Championship 2000 Edition
Ray tracer
Side by Side Special
The note
Twisted metal
Twisted metal 2
Worms world party

Slowly but still playable:

A train
Ace combat 2
Akuji The Heartless
Alien trilogy
Alone in the dark
All Star Racing 2
Battle hunter
Beyond & beyond
Bloody roar i
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Cotoon
Crash Bandicoot 3
Diablo
Dino crisis
Duke Nukem - Time to kill
Einhander
Exhumed (Power Slave)
Fighting force
Final fantasy iv
Final Fantasy Origins
Frogger (v20091022)
G-darius
Gran turismo
Grand Theft Auto
Grand theft auto 2
Gundam wing
Hydro thunder
Klonoa
MDK
Medal of honor
Mega Man X4
Metal Gear Solid VR Missions
Mortal kombat 4
Motor Toon Grand Prix
N.GEN Racing (v20091022)
Nascar 98 50th anniversary
Norse By Norsewest: Return of the Lost Vikings (v20091022)
Rage racer
Resident evil 2
Revelations: Persona
Ridge racer
Ridge rider revolution
Roll away
San francisco rush
Saga frontier 2
Sexy parodius
Silent bomber
Sol divide
Star Ocean 2 - The Second Story
Suikoden ii
Tactics Orge - Let Us Cling Together
Time crisis
Torneko: the last hop
Wipeout 2097
Xenogears

Runs slowly and / or with errors

A train
Action bass
Alexi Lalas International Soccer
All star racing
Bloody roar 2
Dead or alive
Driver
Fighting force 2
Hexen
Kula world
Legend of Mana
Medievil
Nascar 2000
Need for Speed ​​V-Ralley
Resident evil
Silent hill
Soul blade
Spyro the dragon
Tekken 2
Tobal 2
Wargames: Defcon 1
Woody Woodpecker Racing (v20091022)

Not playable:

Ace combat 3
Action Man - Operation Extreme
Adidas power soccer
Adidas Power Soccer ’98
Adventure of phix
All star baseball
Autobahn Raser 2
Chrono cross
Chrono Cross Omega Gemo
Countdown vampire
Crash Bandicoot 2 - Cortex Strikes Back
Crash bash
Croc: Legend of the Gobbos
Dark forces
Descent
Destruction Derby 2
Destruction Derby Raw
Evil dead
Final doom
Front mission 3
Gundam battle assault 2
Heart of darkness
Hi-octane
Myst
NBA Jam Extreme
Need for Speed ​​1
Ogre Battle - Limited Edition
Persona 2
Pocket fighter
Pro Evolution Soccer 2
Rayman
Resident evil 3
Rockman x3
Rollcage
Shadown man
Silhouette mirage
Simcity 2000
Star Wars - Masters of the Teras Kasi
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 turbo
Tekken 3
Tokyo Higway Battle
Tomb raider
Tomba
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2
Vagrant story
Vib-ribbon
Warcraft II - The Dark Saga
Wipepout
Worms

Tips and tricks for launching and testing games.

Test both compressed and non-compressed image of the game. Sometimes it affects performance very much.
Always test the game with and without BIOS. The increase / decrease in productivity can be up to 50%.
Test at 430MHz
Interlace mode adds performance
Try frameskip. Usually 2/3 gives good results.
For some games, setting "Cycle Multiplier" to large values ​​gives a noticeable increase in speed.

Original:http: //a320.emulate.su...ll_compatibility_list/

Post has been editedcompotx - 29.01.18, 09:03

Rep: (9)
Please tell me, is gba emulation possible only on custom firmware?
And at what level is it, is it pulling the same Pokemon, shaman king, etc. without lags? :)

I am the owner of the first gopher, but if in the second there is not only Sega MD adequate emulation, then it is worth updating.

Porter_Port_Artur @ 01/29/18, 10:27 PM*
Please tell me, is gba emulation possible only on custom firmware?

There is also gba emulation in regular firmware, that is, the factory one (only the output to the menu and the ability to save are cut down). And in the custom all the rules are normal. That is, emulation in most cases in the custom firmware digests with a bang, but there are still minor disadvantages in the Playstation 1 emulator. On gba and Duke, Nukem is pulling on well.

Rep: (269)
I propose to double-check and make a similar list for Gopher 2

3d games immediately sweep. Only 2d. The emulator version is old, the new one does not start on the gopher.

Porter_Port_Artur @ 01/29/18, 10:27 PM*
I am the owner of the first gopher, but if in the second there is not only Sega MD adequate emulation, then it is worth updating.

By the way, adequate emulation is cool. As I already mentioned besides Playstation 1 (it still has minor problems). And if you decide to update, then when you buy Gopher 2 there will be the very first version of the firmware (without Sega Master System). So out of the box there will be this order (SMD, SNES, NES, GBA, GBC) .And about revisions it is better to look at the serial number that starts at 17 (there is a chance that it will come across with a normal volume control that will adjust in the headphones).

Rep: (9)
* zimov9625 , but as I understand it better by custom? :)

Tell me please, are there any complaints about the sound quality? In the first, some notes are “swallowed”. I hope the second gopher fixed it?

Post has been editedPorter_Port_Artur - 01.02.18, 08:45
Reason for editing: Question on dynamics

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/22/19, 12:37