> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Gopher 2

Rep: (1)
Firmware Mod0.3b from 09.12.7017, added to the header.

Rep: (269)
That's interesting, but do gopher2 developers drop by here?

Rep: (0)
What about GBA in modified firmware? Or cut too?

* blackz1982 , Most likely no)))

Posted on 12/31/2017, 19:18:

* agent-010 , GBA games also work in stock firmware. The emulator is there, the game starts from a flash drive.

Rep: (100)
When I saw this miracle, my nostalgia leapt so I acquired it without hesitation.
For my money, a pretty decent console with good performance. Although from SEGA there is only one SEGA Mega Drive (with the new firmware they added the SEGA Master System), and the rest is Nintendo's playable advantages, this does not detract.
I think it will be especially appreciated by those who remember 8- and 16-bit consoles. The same popularly beloved Dendy.
Of the shortcomings, perhaps the small viewing angles of the screen and the jamb with a volume control - it sticks in about the middle position. You have to make an effort to twist the wheel. And with games for GBA, not everything is rosy - there can be significant jambs in games.
But for the opportunity to play old favorite games - a big respect to the developers!

By the way, judging by one of the pictures here, 512mb is operative, which is very good for this console and even not necessary with the current functionality. On Chinese counterparts, but with 4 buttons, a maximum of 128mb. If from revision to revision this value does not walk.

Rep: (2)
64 RAM

repeat83 @ 01/04/18, 11:52*
64 RAM

Really 64 MB of memory. Sooner rejoiced, here manufacturers of memory like to indicate values ​​in Megabits, they confuse people.

Post has been editedblackz1982 - 04.01.18, 23:20

Rep: (83)

Rep: (3)
Unofficial Sega Gopher 2 firmware mod (01/18/07) or just (07), based on off. versions: (01.0829.12357)
To standard console emulators added emulators from Open Dingux Pack, such as ZX Spectrum, Amiga 500, Commodore 64/128, GBA, GameGear ... and others, but not the whole pack was added because the calculation was on a standard card, but it has a capacity of 2 GB , this volume was not enough ..., a small pack of native games such as DOOM (4 parts), DukeNukem, Shadow Warrior, fheroes2 ... and others.
Now you can use the file manager and text editor, edit, delete, move, copy files, run executable files (for example, third-party emulators) ... something else there but I don’t remember))

https://yadi.sk/d/zyV9oVVx3RFRBy

Post has been editedcompotx - 07.01.18, 18:58

Open Dingux Pack? And what is this pack and who collected it?

Yes, someone knows who collected it, these are old emulators for ding A320

Post has been editedcompotx - 07.01.18, 20:19

* blackz1982,
And what did you say to the developers if you looked in? What would they add to Atari and Spectrum firmware? =)

Snow_ss @ 01/09/18, 14:48*
blackz1982,
And what did you say to the developers if you looked in? What would they add to Atari and Spectrum firmware? =)

That they laid out the source code, they themselves would slowly finish it. I wrote to the post office, but they ignored me.
But if this is such a problem, I don’t know why, as if I forgot about the GPL.
That at least:
1) Working mapping of buttons in emulators.
2) 16-bit render in smd.
3) Display of .dge files on a memory card (so that they can be launched actually).
4) Battery indicator on the screen as a percentage.
This is so offhand.

That they laid out the source code, they themselves would slowly finish it. I wrote to the post office, but they ignored me.
But if this is such a problem, I don’t know why, as if I forgot about the GPL.
That at least:
1) Working mapping of buttons in emulators.
2) 16-bit render in smd.
3) Display of .dge files on a memory card (so that they can be launched actually).
4) Battery indicator on the screen as a percentage.
This is so offhand.

Well, the Cluster contacted them and said that the Chinese did not give the source code to the sales.
1) for this, the source code is not for gopher firmware, but emulators, they are on the network ...
2) same as 1)
3) For this, the source code of the gopher menu is not needed, in the neoff mode (01) this function is implemented (they did not post it as the gopher menu itself is a stub from rzx-50, well, a little bit sawn), in unofficial firmware (07), it works
4) In unofficial firmware (07), this works

Post has been editedcompotx - 09.01.18, 18:03

Compotx @ 01/09/18, 18:01*
Well, the Cluster contacted them and said that the Chinese did not give the source code to the sales.
1) for this, the source code is not for gopher firmware, but emulators, they are on the network ...
2) same as 1)
3) For this, the source code of the gopher menu is not needed, in the neoff mode (01) this function is implemented (they did not post it as the gopher menu itself is a stub from rzx-50, well, a little bit sawn), in unofficial firmware (07), it works
4) In unofficial firmware (07), this works

Well, the Cluster contacted them and said that the Chinese did not give the source code to the sales. - Honestly, it looks like an otmaz, they released the firmware with corrections, I do not think that the Chinese did it.
1) Under the source, I basically meant everything, including the source of emulators with changes made to them, and they obviously were, at least for gui.
2) Same as 1. I have a 16-bit smd emulator, but gui is naturally different and the C, Z buttons do not work.
3) If in neoff. mode (01) this was done without changing the native menu of the gopher, then please say how. Since the child uses the prefix, it is still easier to interact with the native menu.
4) As already mentioned in the third paragraph, the native menu for a child is simpler.

Firmware: Mod0.7b from 01/07/2018, added to the header.

Rep: (100)
Took today to flash the animal. I ventured to try the unofficial Mod0.3b - only he was at that time.
Broke off in full - dependon exactly on 97%. Spat and flashed with official firmware. Everything fell in 10 minutes.

Well, some thoughts.
It was sewn with WinXP. The driver got up normally. You will need to reboot for it to work properly.
In the process, data ports need COM ports (they are emulated of course). But anyway I had to connect COM2. Which was reflected in the flasher - the download progress was on the second channel.
Take a closer look at shoving firmware files in places - just carefully watch which file to put in which place.
In general, read the instructions, keep it in front of your eyes and do everything according to this instruction.

Was taken from here:http: //dingoo.a320.fre...al-pack-opendingux.php

Rep: (0)
After the purchase, Gopher 2 worked for two weeks and stopped turning on. First I turned on from the third, then from the 6th, then I stopped altogether. I decided not to bother with warranty repairs and climbed inside myself. It turned out that the memory card on board 2 GB died. I replaced it with my 8 GB, flashed with custom firmware and voila, everything works fine.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08.21.19, 04:25