Epson EH-TW 5600/5650 (2100/2150) | [Projector] [LCD]

Rep: (10)
DiscussionEpson EH-TW 5600/5650 (2100/2150)
LED / DLP
Discussion пїЅ

Specifications
Technology used: LCD: 3 P-Si TFT
Original resolution: FullHD (1920x1080)
3D view mode
Brightness (normal mode), lm 2500
Brightness (economy mode), lm 1650
Contrast ratio: 60000: 1 (35000: 1 for models 2100/5600)
The multiplicity of changes in focal length (optical) 1-1.6
Lamp life: (standard mode), clock 4500
Lamp resource: (eco mode), clock 7500
Vertical keystone correction, В± 30 degrees
Horizontal keystone correction, В± 30 degrees
Power of the built-in speaker, W 10
A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Useful

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedmihadom - 12.01.19, 16:21
Reason for editing: Epson projector service menu

Rep: (0)
AVladimir1 @ 03/13/19, 12:34*
? where did these models come from?

Everything from there ... From the Internet, Yandex, as an example.
What models do you mean?

Rep: (5)
Dimaximum @ 03/13/19, 11:09*
a darkened room on a 200 'screen on a gray wall

different focal lengths for these projectors - the 5400 will have a larger screen with the same installation
if there is money, then 6700 is much more interesting - there are both shifts, quieter noise, a contrastier picture.

Good time to all.
Who has already worked 1-2K hours at 5600/5650 tell me if there is a problem in it (doesn’t appear) with the blue light of the upper left corner? (lower right, if the projector is under the ceiling), how was the problem on the second generation 5300/5350?
Is there any information about this problem (polarizer degradation on the blue matrix path) on the third generation? I can’t find it anywhere. On the second generation, reviews began to appear even after 200 hours of viewing in some ...
Thank you all for this info.

Regarding the issue of cleaning ... There are no particular problems in it. The main thing is to approach neatly and with straight arms. :)
I cleaned my eh-tw5300 after 8K hours (the second lamp began to flicker in eco mode, when I changed the lamp to the third, I cleaned the projector. I change the lamps without waiting for the message on the change, but simply if the microflicker starts on eco). It took 2 full cylinders of air to clean (it took 4 cylinders altogether, but by 50 percent. They are supercooled during use and just took the next cylinder for cleaning). The filter passes micro dust a little and they, like flour, settle on all surfaces inside the projector.

Dismantling the whole Phillips screwdriver. We regularly take photos after literally every bolt and everything will work out.
We remove the top cover, unscrew the board, fold all the cables from it, remove it.

Attached Image

We see the second board to which the matrix already connects with loops. We repeat the same.

Attached Image

Having removed the second board, we see the entire video module (we also unscrew the 4 bolts of its fastening and take it out)
Attached Image

Having extended we look at bolts !!! Some of them are varnished. DO NOT TOUCH THEM !!!!

Attached Image

Gently remove the top cover from the module by unscrewing the screws without varnish. Remove vertically up. The first polarizers are fixed on it. We carefully blow everything out with compressed air, taking care that condensate does not spill from the air pipe (we keep the air strictly upright). If condensate pours, although it evaporates instantly, it can nevertheless leave leaks / streaks on lenses / mirrors / filters and other things. In this procedure, we DO everything carefully. Touch nothing, even if you want :) Only air. We blow everything and close the lid back. Visually, it will immediately be seen that before purging the mirrors, walls, filters were as if matte, and after purging, absolutely mirror-like - transparent :)
We are debugging the video module away .... (you can remove the lens optics module, blow out the extreme lenses as desired. I took pictures - blew out. I highly recommend not disassembling it :) It is visually tight and opening it can cause dust to get to where it not a place) Anyway ....

And it remains the case for small. Parse the rest
Attached Image

Carefully remove the module-component after component, blow it with air until clean and put it in place. No more difficult than dusting a laptop or pc .... From the photo, we collect everything in the reverse order. Unfortunately, the disassembled video module did not fotkal. Hands and head were not busy :)

The projector has 3 fans. 1 pumps air and distributes it through the ventilation channels to the cooling points. A second small fan accelerates (increases the pressure can) the air for the lamp. It stands and blows precisely the lamp. The third exhaust fan. Throws hot air out. All fans are non-separable, with fully sealed bearings-bushings (I can’t say what it costs there). Not subject to lubrication.
That's about the condition in which the blowing fan was, which is immediately AFTER the FILTER!

Attached Image

I will make a reservation right away. Operating conditions - apartment. The cleaning is regular. Purge the filter about once a month and a half. The projector is fixed to the ceiling. Operation since August 2016.
The result - significantly increased brightness and contrast. You practically don’t feel its fall, since dusting is very slow. But after cleaning ... as if I bought a new projector. By the noise. In the eco mode, it began to work much quieter, but in the normal mode it was both loud and remained. Maybe a little quieter at normal.

Maybe someone will need my experience :)

And on the first question (blue light on a cold projector in the upper left corner, disappears by 90 percent when warming up), maybe someone owns information on the third generation of budget epss ...
Good luck to all!

Post has been editedsaf_v - 13.03.19, 14:59

Rep: (1)
3D in 3LCD - ghosting, hosting, crosstalk, etc.

Hello everyone, now there will be a brief analysis and analysis. These are problems for 3lcd projectors in comparison with DLP.
First of all, we will tell the essence of the problem.
What is double?
The interpenetration of angles (3D hosting, crosstalk) occurs due to the lack of 3D playback technology, which results in incomplete separation of angles for each eye - in addition to its angle, the eye also sees a small image residue from the opposite angle (as shown in the image). If the level of crosstalk is high, then it can greatly spoil the experience of viewing 3D, or even destroy the stereo effect.

Where can I see it and under what circumstances is it practically not noticeable?
The most obvious double vision was on objects (luminous / contrasting) in the dark (lamps / lanterns, etc.), under the condition that these objects in the scene would be either in the background or in the foreground (everyone has an illusion). This is obvious, because to implement these effects, image shift for 3D depth is used more heavily.
This is least noticeable in the middle of the scene, as 3D depth in it is minimal and image shift, respectively, too. It will be less noticeable in other parts of the scene, provided that the picture is less contrasting.

How EPSON struggles with this in relation to DLP:
"It's all about the 3LCD projection technology used. Against the dynamic frequency of the more common and popular DLP matrices, LCD matrices can only provide a refresh rate of 80 Hz. Epson was forced to look for a technology to bypass this limitation - the engineers decided to divide the matrix by 4 segments being updated at the same time.This technological idea was applied in Bright 3D Drive panels, on the basis of which the entire new line of Epson projectors was made.The claimed frequency was reached at 480 Hz (in fact, cross Chi did not get the victory).
The doubling is quite obvious, interference in the background is visible even to the naked eye, and DLP projectors do not suffer from this problem. "

Conclusion

1. If you use 3D on 3LCD, then you will have doubling for anyone (whoever says anything), this is not due to the ideality of the technology (I think that this is one of the reasons for not using this technology in movie theaters). Also, do not write about the fact that there is no hosting on DLP, there is a completely different technology and its own problems with this (rainbow, etc.).
2. If you use non-original EPSON glasses, then the likelihood of seeing double vision increases, because in the original, the manufacturer is trying to minimize this effect for his SPECIFIC product. Even provided that the same synchronization technology is used.
3. If you don’t see double vision with any 3D glasses, then you are lucky (to some extent) that your vision .. doesn’t catch this negative effect like with a rainbow in DLP.

How to reduce this effect?
1. Use original glasses, as they are specifically designed for the projector to minimize this effect.
2. Choose movies with the minimum number of dark scenes with bright objects on it, because usually doubling on them is more noticeable.
3. It may be worth experimenting with the source of the signal if you have enough hosting due to improper encoding of the image when transmitting a packed frame (full screen). To avoid this glitch, using the 3d output style - HOU or SBS.

P.s. Tired of this effect, I decided to figure it out .. abscess a bunch of information and tried to tell her here. To permanently close this question for 3D on Epsone at the moment. Also, I realized .. if you want 3D on a projector without a host, then select DLP))) but then you have to put up with a rainbow (((

Epson EH-TW6700 (3000 lumens, 70,000: 1, 3,500 hours)
and
Epson EH-TW5400 (2500 lumens, 30000: 1, 4500 hours

What do you advise?

Everyone goes through it. I also considered the option 6700, but noticed that there are two models just 6700 and 6700W. The first model has no image correction - Keystone correction. The second model has this option, but the cost increases non-acid so. The weight of the devices is 6.9kg.
In the 5400 model, there is no lens shift in the correction, the price is tasty, but other parameters are worse. Weight 3.2kg

I don’t have a fixed place and the projector will be used not only in one place. Therefore, it is important that the correction settings are for all occasions. As for weight, the bigger the device, the better it is, as my experience shows. But in this case, the difference in half for home use is such a thing. According to reviews, I realized that in 6700 black is a little better, the noise level is a bit quieter. But for me personally I don’t want to overpay 25-28k for the 6700W model, so the choice was made 5650 for all indicators of price / quality - the best solution at the moment. The duty is not half the cost, wrongly think. With the projector 5650, a duty of 4200 rubles was obtained. Yes, everything will change in the future. I really want a short-focuser, but that's another story ...

Post has been editedAlexmaxsimuS_13 - 13.03.19, 22:50

AlexmaxsimuS_13 @ 03/13/19, 10:49 PM*
6700 and 6700W

it's ONE too, but with a set of wireless video transmission.
all corrections in 6700 are. BUT they are not particularly needed, because there is SHIFT - shift the image relative to the axis of the lens up / down, left / right in fairly large limits.

Rep: (22)
Tw5400 @ 03/13/19, 10:01 PM*
3. It may be worth experimenting with the signal source,

Exactly. In Stereoscopic Player, I chose to synchronize the video display with the timings of the video card and the doubling disappeared! Now nothing doubles ...: yes2:
Yes, and for the rest of the points I completely agree ...

AlexmaxsimuS_13 @ 03/13/19, 10:49 PM*
With a projector 5650, a duty of 4200 rubles was obtained

Thank you very much for the comment.
Where did you order? On cu? How much does the duty count? Everywhere they write in different ways. Somewhere they write that with everything, if it exceeds 500 e, somewhere that with the sum of the difference exceeding 500 e.

Rep: (6)
How much does the duty count? Everywhere they write in different ways. Somewhere they write that with everything, if it exceeds 500 e, somewhere that with the sum of the difference exceeding 500 e.

The state duty is calculated on the amount exceeding 500 euros.
That is, if today on KU the projector 5650 costs 713.45 Euros, then the customs duty will be taken from the amount of 213.45 Euros.

On cu?

Do not forget to use the 5 Euro promotional code.
FWZ8WDD

This amount will be deducted from the purchase price and the customs duty will be taken not from 213.45 but from 208.45 Euro.

Post has been editedVova Lermontovsky - 15.03.19, 12:21

In Stereoscopic Player, I chose to synchronize the video display with the timings of the video card and the doubling disappeared

Those. It's not about the projector? Problems of "imperfection" 3 LCD technology, refresh rate of LCD matrices, "unoriginal" glasses and etc. ... there are probably, but they cannot all disappear at the same time due to the installation of only one daw in the settings for "Stereoscopy" ?! (synchronize video display with timing ...) So the main problem is in the source? It seemed to me that 90 percent of those who write in this thread about “double vision” are watching from a computer. I watch with Himedia Q10 pro, there is no double. Almost. (I wrote above when and how I can see it). I wonder if there are those who watch 3D, for example, as I am from the console (Himedia, zidoo, dune ...), or with the player’s blues (pioneer, opp ...), looks in good glasses and complains about double vision? Just wondering... )))

Rep: (22)
Yuri75 @ 03/17/19 05:11*
So the main problem is in the source?

most likely in source synchronization with the projector: D. And the glasses I have are the original Epson. But double vision really disappeared. : yes2:

Rep: (51)
I don’t remember who asked the question about Cody, he picks up iso images himself, you don’t need to configure anything

Rep: (51)
* Yuri75 , I tell you so, I went like in ah .... Cinema, compared to my home, they suck, in full depth))))

Posted on 03/17/2019, 05:53:

I do not advise people with 100% vision to buy this)), you live in 3D

Hi, is someone using a 5650 ND filter?
if yes, please tell me:

1. what is the size of the filter?
2. How do you fix it?
3. Well, a normal manufacturer :)

Yuri75 @ 03/17/19 05:11*
I wonder if there are those who watch 3D, for example, like me from the console (Himedia, zidoo, dune ...)

I watch 3D at 5650 from the EACHLINK H6 Mini, through the Samsung 5100 glasses, I can say - 3D is gorgeous, especially the cartoons. I bought additional Mituki glasses (although they weren’t branded), but I like 5100 even more, they are a bit more contrasty and you forget about them while watching, Mituki seem massive. Neither I, nor my wife notice any doubling after 5100 or Mituki. We watch 3D in normal mode, because in Eco on a 130 "screen I do not have enough brightness, and 2D in Eco is enough.

Yuri75 @ 03/17/19, 04:11*
So the main problem is in the source?

As I wrote above, this is both with RAINBOW on DLP, some do not see this effect at all, and with double vision.
For the completeness of the experiment, you need to ask people who have the prefix ... from the computer, is there a double

P.S. My other half, doubling is also not always noticed ... so ... everyone has their own perception.

Yuri75 @ 03/17/19, 04:11*
probably there is, but they can’t all disappear simultaneously due to the installation of just one daw in the settings of "Stereoscopy" ?! (synchronize video display with timing ...

And by the way, it didn’t help me, I checked, NOTHING happened at all.

Rep: (6)
I finally figured out my Epsons, the other day I am chasing Samsa, Mitutka and Epsona, then I will tell you what and how.

Rep: (137)
* tw5400 ,
5100 and mitut also have zero effect

Brahmastra1 @ 03/17/19, 12:57*
5100 and mitut also have zero effect

A source? and which projector?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/26/19, 19:57