> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Samsung SM-N960 Galaxy Note 9 - Discussion | Smartphone, 6.4 & amp; quot;
Using a stylus?
Never [ 100 ] ** [5,27%]
Only to control the camera [ 60 ] ** [3,16%]
Seldom. Handwritten notes [ 843 ] ** [44,42%]
Often. Notes, Text Entry [ 565 ] ** [29,77%]
Whenever possible [ 320 ] ** [16,86%]
Call recording is important to you?
Yes [ 1119 ] ** [58,96%]
Not [ 770 ] ** [40,57%]
Do you use protection accessories?
Film / Glass on screen [ 101 ] ** [5,32%]
I protect the case (cover / film) [ 739 ] ** [38,94%]
I protect both the screen and the case [ 757 ] ** [39,88%]
Do not use [ 300 ] ** [15,81%]
Satisfied with the upgrade to android 9?
Yes [ 1494 ] ** [78,71%]
Not [ 393 ] ** [20,71%]
Total votes: 1898

Rep: (557)
DiscussionSamsung SM-N960 Galaxy Note 9
PictureSamsung SM-N960 Galaxy Note 9 (Exynos)
Description | Discussion пїЅ | SM-N960x Galaxy Note 9 (Snapdragon) - Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Docking Station Samsung DeX Station, DeX Pad, analogues пїЅ | Marriage and Repair пїЅ | Official firmware пїЅ | Informal Firmware / Modifications пїЅ | Power consumption (autonomy) пїЅ | Camera talk пїЅ | Galaxy Note Owners Club пїЅ

• Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.
Novice
Specifications

Android 8.1 Oreo, shell: Samsung Experience

• DISPLAY:
    6.4пїЅ , 2960 x 1440 points, 516 ppi, Super AMOLED,
    Always On, glassGorilla glass5 , HDR10,

• CPU:
    Exynos 9810 (GPU: Mali-G72 MP18)
    Snapdragon 845 (GPU: Adreno 630)

• MEMORY:
    OZU:6/8 GB LPDDR4X
    pzu:128/512 GB (UFS 2.1) + microSD up to 512 GB

• CAMERA:
    12 Mp + 12 Mp, (Dual Pixel), autofocus, raw,
    flash, optical image stabilization,
    f / 1.5 / 2.4, optical zoom x2, digital x10,
    4K @ 60fps video recording, 960fps video recording.
    (exynos),(snap),(restrictions)

• FRONT-CAMERA:
    8 MP, f / 1.7

• AUDIO:
    AKG stereo speakers, 3.5 mm jack (additional info)

• BATTERY:
    fixed,4000 mAh , fast charging, wireless charging

• OTHER:
    GPS and GLONASS, Wi-Fi (802.11a / b / g / n / ac),
    MIMO,Bluetooth 5.0 LE , NFC, USB Type-C 3.1 , Two Nano-SIM slots,
    Accelerometer, geomagnetic sensor, gyroscope,
    RGB ambient light sensor, proximity sensor,
    barometer, hall sensor, fingerprint scanner,
    iris scanner, heart rate measurement sensor,
    Moisture and dust protectionIP68

• Dimensions: 161.9 x 76.4 x 8.8 mm
  • Weight: 201 g

Insides
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Device photos
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Reviews
Useful

Useful programs

miscellanea (new)

Examples of camera shots
Temporary links
Poll results

Attached Image

Attached Image

For content caps, write toQMScurator of the topic.

Post has been editedKot - 26.07.19, 13:16
Reason for editing: a bug that increases the load by percent

Rep: (51)
* kins,

In general, I would like the message of the telegram to pop up and stay on the screen until I read it (pop up in the telegram is on). But no, not a fig. Messages pop up and disappear immediately, and the screen goes blank. And I calmly do not notice the message until I stick my phone and turn it on: girl_cray:

Post has been editedgalaxyst - 28.03.19, 16:33

Rep: (39)
WINDNUR @ 03/29/19, 12:27*
Zadolbala ask for a password, even when disconnected by a disabler.

That's why she is protected. So you do not go into it, since you do not need it and will not ask for a password every time.
Or set the password request in the settings only after restarting the phone:
Attached Image

If the folder is not needed - turn it off in the curtain:
Attached Image

Rep: (20)
Elk, I have scratches in 3-4 months, and quite deep ones. And so the screen is super in terms of picture quality.

Rep: (1)
Elk @ 03/27/19, 19:14*
People, tell me on the quality of the screen of Laptop 9 in comparison with Laptop 3.

Glass is softer, scratches harder.
I use Note3 without a case from the very launch, the first 3 years as the main phone, then as an additional one.
During this time, from defects in glass - only a small chip in the corner from the fall and a slight "spider line".

The Galaxy S7 Egde screen after 3 months became like a maniac victim with sandblasting and a glass cutter.

On Note9, everything is much better than on the S7 Edge, but worse than on the unkillable Note3 - in 4 months, a small spider web appeared, but there was no chipping or scratching.

Rep: (0)
Elk @ 03/27/19, 10:14 PM*
People, tell me on the quality of the screen of Laptop 9 in comparison with Laptop 3.

I can’t compare, but the screen quality is excellent, for 7 months of use there is not a single scratch. I wear without a protective glass,
but the aluminum case itself is easily scratched, it is necessary to have a cover, 3 months after purchase I put on a cover as I noticed a scratch on the paint.

Rep: (29)
Attached Image

Has anyone had this?

Rep: (61)
* _Vinch_,
yes a couple of times

Rep: (29)
After the last update, I understand?

Rep: (61)
* _Vinch_,
Yes, after 9.0

Rep: (6)
By the way, Whats'up and Facebook notifications also do not work well with Edge Lightning. In vosap only works if you enable the display of popup messages, which I do not need much.

Rep: (2)
* kins ,
This feature with a curved screen notification is more like a marketing lure than a work tool. In support of Samsung, they replied that this opportunity was developed by Samsung and does not guarantee work with third-party software manufacturers. However, in some instant messengers this is implemented through pop-up full-screen messages when the screen is off.
Many, including myself, really liked how the reflection of Apple notifications was implemented when the screen was off.
And this function in Sams probably should have become killer. But it didn’t.

Rep: (108)
Friends, what kind of setup is this in Adaptive Wi-Fi: the phone’s connection to these networks will be preserved even with an unstable connection

My network was indicated there (I didn’t add it there myself), I deleted it, now I don’t understand how to add something there again .... By what criteria is the network added there? Automatic machine? Or somewhere you need to specify manually?

Attached Image

Post has been edited= Molten Light = - 29.03.19, 21:13

Rep: (1820)
* kins , * ko2ppektop Vsap perfectly wins back everything.
The desired color, animation and it doesn’t matter whether the screen is turned on or not. And not only vosap, with any application everything is OK

Rep: (0)
In the developer's menu, in the bluetooth settings, I try to set the type of music transfer to LDAC. A check mark is set, but when you exit the menu is reset. In general, it seems that the settings in the developer's menu are not saved. What should be done to save bluetooth settings in the engineering menu?

Post has been editeddokk4 - 30.03.19, 05:53

Rep: (12)
in bluetooth settings, trying to set the type of music transfer to LDAC

1. Headphones must be connected.
2. Headphones must support LDAC.

Rep: (5)
Tell me whether it is possible to increase the volume of the speakers, according to the subjective feeling, it is the same as in s9 +. Worth at the maximum

Rep: (9)
Good day. I have been using this device for several days now and my first impressions are very positive. In all previous phones, he put the root as many functions and settings were missing, everything is fine here with a few exceptions. I set the unlock on the face and on the retina scanner and now when I press the power button, the phone recognizes me and immediately unlocks, and in many cases I just need to see some information without unlocking. Please tell me whether it is possible to make the phone recognize me when the screen is turned on but stay on the lock screen, and then either unlock it completely with a swipe or turn off the screen with the button. It seems to me that is exactly what was done in the latest IPhone. For me it is important, since me +++

Rep: (22)
Yuranf @ 03/30/19, 10:53*
When the power button is pressed, the phone recognizes me and immediately unlocks
how lucky you are with such a quick recognition ..)) Try not to hold the phone upright, at an angle somehow :) or leave only a fingerprint.

Rep: (391)
* yuranf , like in the settings it is.
Smart scan-stay on the lock screen.

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedZimoboR - 30.03.19, 11:13

Rep: (1820)
* yuranf , in the unlock settings, you must enable the option "remain on the lock screen" or enable the inclusion of AOD by tapping

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/23/19, 07:31