Comparison of i5 8250u or i7 7500u processors

Rep: (0)
Can you please tell me if the i5-8250U and GTX 1050 4GB bundle will adequately pull the 2016-2017 games at medium-high settings? (The specific model of the laptop: Asus X570UD E4026)

Rep: (202)
A bunch of 1050 + U percent is not optimal, because in contrast to the HQ series, in U discretes are connected via pci-e 3.0 x4 (approximately 4 GB / s) through a common QPI bus on 8 GB / s for all devices on PCH (grid, SATA, M.2 NVMe and USB 3.x ports and everything else), and not on dedicated, processor x16 pci-e 3.0, exclusive. This generally gives a drawdown of performance up to 10-15%, at worst up to 25% in games, and 1050 and so does not know what. 940MX / MX150 is clear, these are business solutions, but even they could be faster on x16 processors, but 1050, it’s better to buy bundled with a HQ processor, and here comes an ambush, in that i5 8250U is faster in a pulse load (offices / surfing ) than any i5 HQ 7 series, but in 8250u games it merges (the same as i5 7300HQ and is 25% slower than i7 7700HQ) and it turns out that it is optimal to take i7 7700HQ, but it is $ 100 more expensive than 8250U and $ 150 than i5 7300HQ.

Rep: (0)
Sw-777 @ 05.23.18, 11:36*
A bunch of 1050 + U percent is not optimal, because unlike the HQ series ...

I ask the same question as the top-starter. I would choose a web processor for web development. As a rule, a browser, IDE, photoshop with a layout in a sheet and some kind of collector are running. The choice falls on the i5 8250u and i7 7500u. Which of the two will be better for me, do not tell me?

Post has been editedwft bro - 27.05.18, 23:09

Rep: (5)
I sat on Hasvel i3-4010U - 1.7 GHz 2 cores and began to grieve how the android studio works. And it compiles slow, and even if she inserts a piece of code with a large number of errors into the editor, then the analysis can go until the morning.
I took i5-8250U and am very pleased. I can not yet say whether the code has become faster to highlight, but the project is now compiling faster than the laptop shows that it has been warmed up and turns on the fan only after compilation already :)

In my configuration (Dell 3490), the short turbo-bus manufacturer set to 44 watts 28 seconds, the long turbo-bus is limited to 22 watts.
A short turbo-buster produces 3.38GHz and overheats the processor (if it works with all the cores) in almost 3 seconds - the remaining time the ventilator and thermal throttling try to take the temperature curve from 100C.
However, disabling this mode is still not profitable - the overall performance drops.

A long turbobust for one or two cores holds a 3.38GHz frequency. One core - with a large headroom, two cores - just 22 watts are straight across the frame. Throttling no. The cooling system seems to take just 22 watts and is capable of me, if in the XTU to raise the TDP of a long turbo-bus, even to 23 watts, a slow rise in temperature begins.
For three simultaneously active cores, throttling is enabled in terms of power and they operate at full load at 3 GHz in order to climb at 22 watts.
Four active cores hold 2.66 GHz for a long time.

If the computer works for a long time without a margin of power (ie, TDP 22W), the temperature is kept at 80C.
One fully loaded core - approximately 65C

All of the above without graphics, if you use it, it will take a significant part of the power of the processor probably.

What else is interesting - I could not benefit from undervolting.
First of all, I don’t have time to drive the prime day like in my youth, and the computer is mistaken in calculations I don’t need.
Secondly, even such an aggressive underworld as -120mV without changing the TDP gives an increase in the frequency of a long turbo bus on 4 cores from 2.66 to 2.9 only.
And the risk of erroneous calculations is huge.
In fact, with such an undervolt, even though the Windows is working, Prime finds an error in the calculations in 15 minutes.
The second funny moment, which somehow doesn’t immediately fit in my head - undervolting does not make the computer cooler, it only allows you to work at a higher frequency.

Post has been editedriseman - 16.06.18, 12:30

Rep: (1)
I had a computer of 3630qm percent, lenovo z400 / for a very long time I wanted to update it. long sought to take. The main criteria were - thin, light, fine frame. for a long time tossing between the mi beech pro and vivobuk s15 - in the end I took the second (I regret a little) - because The plastic case (except for the tin top cover) of course looks ultrabudget. even in comparison with lenovo z400 - which has the part where the keyboard was tin. Yes, and Claudia in my opinion was better for Lenovo. than that of the remnant. plus in comparison with the mi beech pro - expandable RAM to 32 GB. By the way .. I have a beech about clave ripped off from Lenovo z400

Sobssno now in performance: as I understand it, parrots of 3630qm compare with 8250u both 4 cores, both have the same cache, the first is true, and 7, the second and 5 - however, the difference is minimal. the main difference is the first plow with ddr3 the second with ddr4. in terms of power consumption, i7 3630qm - 45 watts, and 5 8250 - like 15 watts.

further heat dissipation. on z400 with u7 it was possible to burn everything to the maximum and the temperature kept at 80, very rarely the ceiling 90 is short-lived. at tmax105. it was possible to burn tanks and was in the region of 80, at rest 55-60.
at vivobuk c15 with u5 - at rest 40-42, but you start to drive the same tanks and at a frequency of 3400 MHz (or so), 91-94 starts to burn out. and .... there is no trotting. To be honest, I even worry that the hole in the laptop does not appear from this. if I obviously chop off the boost (we set the power supply in the settings of Windows 99%): lol: - then the temperature immediately becomes around 60, the peak is very rarely 65. but the performance (FPS in the game) drops noticeably with the same quality of grafonia.

Sobssno question - when he throttling cut in general?

the guys with my beech pro claim that they always have 64 degrees temperature of the ceiling. Therefore, I begin to suspect that there, too, trotting is simply cut and the process is dying.

Well, how long the percent will last if it burns at 90-95 degrees.

and to me, in general, the situation is not very clear when such a rather weak configuration with 4yad and mx150 is thrust into such a dead CO. who is it designed for? to load service centers?

Post has been editedgluckboy - 20.06.18, 13:06

wft bro @ 05/27/18, 23:09*
I ask the same question as the top-starter. I would choose a web processor for web development. As a rule, a browser, IDE, photoshop with a layout in a sheet and some kind of collector are running. The choice falls on the i5 8250u and i7 7500u. Which of the two will be better for me, do not tell me?

ears to the 8th generation AT ALL it makes no sense to consider. under any circumstance. I myself was looking for a laptop for development (my profile is Java).
corny on any ear, even the seventh generation assembly is twice as long as the ancient 3630qm. I'm not talking about HQ now - those are in order. the first ear, which approached at least as much as the process of the 12th year - 8250u.

By the way, as I said, my tasks are similar to yours and the 8250 abalone in turbo busts is quite chic compile-start a java application, a percent of the stoker to 80-oz. but in the short run, and pulls everything that is required of him. just a fairy tale.

Here people are constantly emerging from the moon. The funny thing is that people directly related to the IT sector and by occupation should have a good look at the gland and the difference.

Sw-777 @ 06/20/18 13:51*
Here people are constantly emerging from the moon. The funny thing is that people directly related to the IT sector and by occupation should have a good look at the gland and the difference.

many too lazy to be in love. many in general run and buy some macropic book of air with a rotten dyad and cool video to show off in front of colleagues. By the way, when you start the same spherical Java application, a smaller role (according to my observations) is played by multi-core and a larger one - the speed of memory and disk. those. 2 cores collects say 2 minutes, and 4 cores collect 1 minute and 45 seconds.

And what's the use of numerical crushers, if it pumps data through a narrow tube of single-channel memory? These are all commonplace things for people who have or had professional interests in IT. Therefore, for me, look like wild questions from such about the fact that choose 4x nuclear or 2x nuclear. Now whole generations of semi-literate people have grown up that do not have an educational base and outlook. Narrowly sharpened tools, step to the right, step to the left - and solid white spots ...

Rep: (81)
Sw-777 @ 06.20.18, 14:53*
And what's the use of numerical crushers, if it pumps data through a narrow tube of single-channel memory? These are all commonplace things for people who have or had professional interests in IT.

Sw-777 @ 06.20.18, 14:53*
Therefore, for me, look like wild questions from such about the fact that choose 4x nuclear or 2x nuclear.

If I correctly understood your post, then you think there is no point in 4 cores - for a bottleneck in single-channel memory?

ps
Do intel u series processors really have 1 memory channel?

Gluckboy @ 06.20.18, 12:56*
ears to the 8th generation AT ALL it makes no sense to consider. under any circumstance. I myself was looking for a laptop for development (my profile is Java).
corny on any ear, even the seventh generation assembly is twice as long as the ancient 3630qm. I'm not talking about HQ now - those are in order.

Previously, there were no alternatives. In addition to the MacBook Pro 15 (It was the only laptop with a productive 4-core processor, adequate weight (2 kg with a charger) and sane battery life.). More normal laptops, namely laptops, but not portable workstations with a weight of 3 + kg and battery life at 2 o'clock were not (MSI was light - but the CO couldn't cope and the battery life was absolutely ridiculous)

Now yes - the 4 U series cores turned out to be good - at the level of the 7th generation i5 CPU.

Gluckboy @ 06.20.18, 14:12*
those. 2 cores collects say 2 minutes, and 4 cores collect 1 minute and 45 seconds.

That's it. Therefore, with 2 cores, they lived normally. Especially when working with frameworks that can pull up modified files. Those. the project was fully assembled once a week, and even less often (changing the domain model required recompilation), and recompiling the file with the changes - a split second. (I do not turn off the system for weeks - sleep, or hibernation)

~ Vasay ~ @ 06.06.18, 16:49*
If I correctly understood your post, then you think there is no point in 4 cores - for a bottleneck in single-channel memory?

There is a sense, but in the indicated compilation task everything will just rest on the PSD, as in Photoshop, as in the archivers. The system must be balanced in all respects and you need to understand this, and many do not understand.

~ Vasay ~ @ 06.06.18, 16:49*
Do intel u series processors really have 1 memory channel?

They are most often sold in a single-channel config, people far from IT do not understand this, but they have the right to ignorance, but when people writing that they are developing such things do not understand and what to choose 2 core or 4 cores, having access to Google This is amazing to me.

Whether it is a lot of in general with a two-channel config?

Sw-777 @ 06/20/18, 18:38*
as in photoshop

Photoshop thing complicated. There, some filters generally depend on GPU performance.

as in archivers

Well, in WinRAR-e i5 8250 with single-channel DDR4 was noticeably faster than i7 4500u with dual-channel DDR3. Although, of course, adding the 2nd channel added some performance to it.

They are most often sold in a single-channel config.

According to my observations, either dual channel at once, or with a free second slot. Although, there are, of course, beeches with 1 channel unsoldered on the board, without the possibility of putting the second one.

The system must be balanced in all respects and you need to understand this, and many do not understand.

The concept of balance is very dependent on usage scenarios.

Posted 20/06/2018 19:06:

Whether it is a lot of in general with a two-channel config?

If we consider normal beeches (for which the memory is not decoupled), now, usually, versions with 8GB have 1 busy and 1 free slot. Versions with 16 GB are both employed. But the 16GB versions are usually unreasonably expensive and more profitable to buy 8GB and deliver another 8Gb at once.

right. That is why I didn’t take my laptop because the memory is soldered there. By the way, yes, we must try to deliver another die and see how much the process accelerates. while I can speak with confidence for my own case - it rests on memory performance. and, in fact, with the transition from 3630km to 8250y, a radical change was only in the jump from ddr3 (by the way, two channels) to ddr4 in one channel. the rest is all around, running on parrots was comparable.

Post has been editedgluckboy - 20.06.18, 19:21

Any laptop is quietly brought to the two-channel mode, the only question is restrictions. If the bar is soldered, and even a small one, a normal upgrade is not possible. Namely, this is done in all lenov 320 (x) / 520 (x) / 720 (x). As a result, these products are in a normal config with only 8GB, and as everyone knows, 8GB is now installed in smartphones. Therefore, it is better not to consider such options seriously, only with a budget constraint, since Normal 16 or 32GB does not deliver. This moment all IT shnik normal well know. Like many other nuances that affect the future possibilities of the laptop. For example, I strongly emphasize the abomination of solutions without HDMI 2.0a or the availability of any DP1.2 method (DP / miniDP / usb-c connector). This eliminates the possibility of connecting 4k monitors, which gradually replace the old everywhere and soon for many it will become a real problem, who bought solutions without these ports for 3-5 years ahead. The issue of IPS quality degradation has been going on for 3 years already, a complete disgrace has come to us - angles 160/160, instead of 178/178, shameful color rendition (and this is on IPS!) Less than 60% sRGB, almost all are dull in this price class. Survived. Now choose a normal laptop, not even gaming, without discrete but with a normal screen, keyboard, CO, reliability in the class of 15.6 to 100k is almost impossible in the Russian Federation. Although there is no problem to make such cheaper 50k. Just such a sneaky turn of the market ass to most buyers ...

and, in fact, with the transition from 3630km to 8250y, a radical change was only in the jump from ddr3

Radically, these CPUs differ in power consumption. Moreover, as the maximum (8250U, by the way, can have a heat pack from 10W to 25W - as the laptop manufacturers decide. And different beeches with this CPU can vary greatly in performance), and power consumption in standard operations - video decoding, web surfing for the 8th generation very economical.

buy poppy There with the screen everything is in order.

Sw-777 @ 06.20.18, 19:31*
Namely, this is done in all lenovah

Not in all, by the way, but I agree - in the majority.

. Already year 3 is the topic of IPS quality degradation

I would say the opposite - renaissance! A few years ago, finding a laptop with a normal matrix was a problem - either fig TN or IPS with 60% sRGB and carrot instead of red. Now there are enough options with ips and close to 100% sRGB even in the middle price category (about $ 1000). Now, even, there appeared models with coverage close to AdobeRGB in a budget of up to $ 2000

Now choose a normal laptop, not even gaming, without discrete but with a normal screen, keyboard, CO, reliability in the class of 15.6 to 100k is almost impossible in the Russian Federation.

I did not look at 15 ". I chose from beech trees up to 1.5kg in the region of $ 1000 - the choice was. An option close to the ideal was found:
Asus ZenBook ux410ua - 1.4 kg + only 170 g charging, 8250U with 25 watts of heat pack. Elegant IPS matrix with 99% sRGB and anti-glare without crystal effect. Aluminum case, decent keyboard.
8GB soldered + free slot (immediately added 8GB). M2 + free basket for 2.5 "(immediately added another 512gb SSD). And all this, together with the upgrades, was packed at $ 1000 (when purchased at chain stores in the Russian Federation)

Quibbles - HDMI 1.4 (But there is a DisplayPort 1.3 in Type-C - I had to buy an adapter and 4K60HZ perfectly displays)

The only drawback is that the touchpad is terrible (but this model is now placed on 60% of all beeches ...) I don’t like touchpads without dedicated buttons :-(

Posted 20/06/2018 19:57:

Gluckboy @ 06/20/18, 19:38*
buy poppy There with the screen everything is in order.

Not every Mac has a good screen;)

~ Vasay ~ @ 06/20/18, 19:56*
Asus ZenBook ux410ua,
8250U,
Elegant IPS matrix with 99% sRGB and anti-glare without crystal effect,
Aluminium case,
decent keyboard
8GB soldered + free slot (immediately added 8GB),
SSD,
And all this, along with upgrades, was packed in $ 1000

I would like to here the same thing, but 15.6 inches and not much more expensive, even if ordered abroad.
Maybe somewhere announcements of something similar slipped?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/09/19 06:51