Comparison of i5 8250u or i7 7500u processors

Rep: (0)
Tell me, please, which processor is better to take the intel core i5 8250u or intel core i7 7500u.
It is said that the eighth generation is 30 percent faster. Does anyone know if this is true?
For the price, these processors are about the same, but what will be more powerful?

In general, I want to take a Dell XPS 13, but I can not decide on a complete set.
So far, it is configured on i5 8250u, 8Gb, 256Gb. I think that overpaying for 16Gb or i7 of the 8th generation is not very appropriate. If there are tips on this, I would also be happy to listen.
Thank.

Rep: (107)
I think that for this model there is no point in taking a modification with i7. Games on these modifications do not play. And for an Internet and office, a modification with i5 is more than enough.

Rep: (6)
* SlayZar96,
better to take intel core i5 8250u, yes

Rep: (22)
At 8250, throttling at a load of a laptop with poor cooling, slips. This is the only negative and the chance of his miserable. In all other respects, the processor is better than the seventh generation. And if the game is not a priority, then even more so perfect!

Post has been editedMiron - 09.12.17, 00:14

Rep: (202)
8250U is faster than 7500U by 50-60%. For all indices. By integer separation of more than 80%. CPU Queen at 7500U - 23000, at 8250U - 42000. If cho, at 7700HQ CPU Queen 41000 ...

And for real-world tasks, for example web development, chrome 10+ tabs, IDEA (webshtorm, all code), will the new generation be better?

It confuses me that the lower limit of 1.6 GHz, if they let the frequency sink, then what performance will ultimately be, so 2 cores and 4 threads with higher frequencies will look good, although the approach is 5 years old.

Gio-user @ 03/16/18, 01:21*
And for real-world tasks, for example web development, chrome 10+ tabs, IDEA (webshtorm, all code), will the new generation be better?

The higher the background load and the stronger the restrictions on CO, the worse the U series, but in any case, the 7th series is antique garbage on the background of 8250u. It is much faster in any task than the old i7 U series. 2 cores with HT do not roll on the road. Your tasks do not require a long load on the processor, and in the impulse load the king is uniquely 8250u with 4 cores. If you want full parity on a single core - 8550u. They cost the same with the i7 7xxx, although they are almost 2 times faster than them with a long computational load. And if the same 8250u makes a 25W TDP mod and modifies CO, making it equal in efficiency to CO for the HQ series, then it and 7700HQ are able to tear on rags in most tasks, except for games. In a pulsed load, he already does the 7700HQ, despite the low starting. This is what the CPUQueen in AIDA64 is larger than the 7700HQ. Against the background of the 8250u i7 7xxxU, they look pathetic, at a price 25-35% higher, for solutions similar to the rest of the hardware. Intel just killed the 6/7 series with 2 cores, releasing 8 with 4. That is why at the forums in the fall there was such an active opposition from sellers and marketers, who filled all the threads, because they are unhappy, it was urgent to sell off the remains of garbage 6/7 series. They still lie with some, they can’t come to terms with the fact that no one will ever buy them at the price at which they bought them from their distis or from manufacturers sometime. We'll have to write them off at a loss and sell cheaper solutions with 8 series no less than 30-35%. In the autumn, they were helped only by one thing - the complete incompetence of the masses, which actually happened on the processor market in August 2017. But in March 2018, people who did not know what happened had almost gone on the markets. Well, you look like one of these snowdrops. It seems to be a developer themselves and should understand all this much better than ordinary people who are far from IT ...;)

Rep: (2)
Thanks for the quick introduction to the topic. We need quite a smart laptop 15 ’’ - 17 ’’ photo work and a bit of play. The budget is up to 70. Immediately in the list of applicants dropped the 7th generation. In general, I moved along HP g5, up the price, I searched without wasps (not fundamentally) without ssd (to take it myself) but from 8250u or 8550u and mx150 and when I got up to the price of 56k I saw such an ASUS VivoBook Pro N705UD<90NB0GA1-M02090>i5 8250U / 8 / 1Tb / GTX1050 / WiFi / BT / Linux / 17.3 "/2.31 kg ... and thought that the mx1050 will be better than the mx150 ...
what's wrong? Can asus vivo about something worse than HP g5? tell the shoals.
or even get at the price to HP OMEN 17-an018ur<2CM07EA # ACB>i7 7700HQ / 8 / 1Tb / DVD-RW / GTX1050 / WiFi / BT / Win10 / 17.3 "/3.55 kg ???
well .. ... dvd is definitely not needed ..

Even for working with photos, a direct matrix of color and shimmer is desirable.

but the HP g5 version with mx150 was never found: (

Sw-777 @ 03.16.18, 14:46*
Well, you seem to be one of these snowdrops. It seems that the developers themselves should understand all this much better than ordinary people who are far from IT

I do not agree at this point, I know more experienced colleagues who have a bad understanding of PC hardware, but perform their tasks well, this is like a car driver and a support team, someone uses the tool, and someone configures and supports it. Or maybe bad google about new processors, I will be grateful for useful materials on the new generation and their work in any specific models of laptops.
Specially so I wrote, the opinion is interesting, that under a temporary load I will understand this better and now I think that all the trouble in the hard-cut TDP, everything coincided with my assumptions.

By the way, in retail, in large offline stores of Ukraine everywhere, there are still i-5s of the 7th generation for the price of the same as the 8th generation on order from the boarding school (all prices are official, from the same stores) That is, new generations cannot stand on display , as in regular stores, products with an expiration date appropriate to the end are in the first line: rofl :.
I think that no one will merge them cheaply, consumers are holding on to fools. That's where all those notebooks will disappear - the question is, these are ready-made final products, do the same managers sort out their own price markdowns or send them for processing (although I doubt that this is relevant for the CIS countries).

I am being bombed in general from the current state of affairs, if I want to buy, then I only need to become an expert and how to collect information from Google in a detective story, ask questions to those who have already bought it, on the portals of the same online stores. Manufacturers will not move a finger to provide detailed information about the insides (RAM frequency, physical and software implementation of M2, frame expansion slots, matrix type, etc.), people have long become smarter who needs to choose something according to their expectations .

Poppy does not offer: rolleyes :, while I consider oviprays.

mx1050 will be better than mx150 ...

yes, 1050 is much faster than mx150 (this is an entry-level low-heat map for ultrabooks)
what's wrong? Can asus vivo about something worse than HP g5? tell the shoals.
or even get at the price to HP OMEN 17-an018ur<2CM07EA # ACB>i7 7700HQ / 8 / 1Tb / DVD-RW / GTX1050 / WiFi / BT / Win10 / 17.3 "/3.55 kg ???
well .. ... dvd is definitely not needed ..

And Lenovo legion, not watched?
In any case, HQ will be better, since such cooling has better cooling and there will be no drawdown under load, which can happen in the U series, but the best is that it does not mean that the cooling is quiet;).
Even for working with photos, a direct matrix of color and shimmer is desirable.

The quality screen is exactly MacBook (as far as I remember, any retina on the IRS). Or an expensive ultrabook on Windows and then you need to sort out and find out, but there is energy efficient iron. But the quality of the screen and gaming laptop is still incompatible, different goals, alas.

Rep: (12)
What do you think is better?

i5-8250U
Frequency 1.60 GHz
Turbo (1 Core) 3.40 GHz
Turbo (All Cores) 2.30 GHz
or
i5-7300HQ
Frequency 2.50 GHz
Turbo (1 Core) 3.50 GHz
Turbo (All Cores) 3.10 GHz

Post has been editedEvaw - 20.03.18, 19:56

Rep: (107)
* Evaw , for what purpose?

Artik6630 @ 03.21.18, 10:48*
for what purpose?

Mainly for work in Excel, Word, a little simple Photoshop and 50+ tabs in Google Chrome.

Evaw @ 03/20/18, 19:50*
What do you think is better?

i5-8250U
Frequency 1.60 GHz
Turbo (1 Core) 3.40 GHz
Turbo (All Cores) 2.30 GHz
or
i5-7300HQ
Frequency 2.50 GHz
Turbo (1 Core) 3.50 GHz
Turbo (All Cores) 3.10 GHz

Greetings
Absolutely the same question spinning in my head for more than two weeks!
I pick up a laptop for work, for office tasks, but it’s important that not a deshman and with a good headroom.
RAM from 8GB (either retrofitted by itself, or will already be on board) and the SSD is the same (either I install it myself, or take it with the installed one).
Games are not planned under any circumstances.

Which processor would suit me better and should I spend money on 7300HQ? (I5 8250U or i5 7300HQ).

Post has been editedfinwione - 26.03.18, 17:30

https: //www.citilink.r...ile/notebooks/1018432/
completely ready to work, only Windows download from MS and deliver. For the office, there is nothing better.

Sw-777 @ 03.26.18, 18:20*
https: //www.citilink.r...ile/notebooks/1018432/
completely ready to work, only Windows download from MS and deliver. For the office, there is nothing better.

Familiarized! I liked it very much, all that is needed and no more, as I want (do not overpay for too much).
But there is still one drawback: now I work either on a 23 "monitor, or on a 20" and worry that 15.6 "will be small after that or do you think it is worth looking for the 17.3" version?
I’ve already rummaged the entire Internet and in general 17.3 ", other things being equal, it will be decently more expensive ... And I want to and prick)))
The budget is about 40 000 rub, and the psychological chapel for buying is even less (just kidding).

Post has been editedfinwione - 26.03.18, 19:55

finwione @ 03/26/18, 19:47*
Should I look for the 17.3 version?

It all depends on vision, I do not like 17.3 lower ppi, if you sit closer, the text grains and eyes get tired more, but people are different. 17.3 is good with 2560x1440 or 4k matrix. At 15.6, at least ppi = 141, the text is almost monolithic. See for yourself. The more money, the higher the opportunity. If you have a smartphone with fhd 5-5.5 "you should all understand where the picture is clearer and the text is closer to the paper printed on a laser printer or in a printing house. I have no such questions. It also depends on the screen flickering from - due to PWM and incorrectly selected duty cycle when programming the matrix at the factory, it is necessary to check for tolerance with the eyes.

Here's a modelka for you -https: //www.citilink.r...bile/notebooks/487647/
True SSD will have to suffer with the installation, there is probably no free M.2 there, you need to reorder the adapter for DVD or put the HDD in place. The IPS is both good there, I saw them in other more expensive models (it’s necessary to check for light, this is a scourge of cheap laptops). If the text grit suits at 17.3, it’s better for this money that there is nothing in 17.3 on the market.

Just pay attention to one nuance of their power supply unit - in 520/320 it is without grounding. Connect the periphery (like HDMI) from another outlet or room must be careful. Starting with the 720 series comes with grounding. Also it is in the G5 450.

I advise you, before the final choice to walk around the shopping centers and look at 15.6 / 17.3 with fhd ips with your own eyes.

Post has been editedSw-777 - 26.03.18, 20:14

Sw-777 @ 03.26.18, 20:00*
It all depends on the view.

Yes, the vision is so-so, but so far I do without glasses.
Yes, I understand what it is about, and yes, there is a smartphone with 5 "FHD and I really like the high PPI, but at the moment I work at 19.5" with HD + resolution (1600x900) and it is incredibly hard for the eyes. Very high grit (although rather the display itself is somehow disgusting). A hardened vision only exacerbates this situation. Also, there is a 23 "monitor with FHD resolution in my work, which suits me quite well and is ready to subscribe to a close PPI. But on laptops, anyway, the PPI will be higher, so I think that 17.3" should be very good, provided that there at least IPS (although I have not met other than TN now).

Posted on 03/26/2018 at 21:46:

finwione @ 03/26/18, 21:44*
it is necessary to check for portability eyes

That is, I understand that looking at the screen, which with poor characteristics, I immediately understand?

Post has been editedfinwione - 26.03.18, 21:52

Sw-777 @ 03.26.18, 20:00*
True, SSD will have to suffer with the installation, there is probably no free M.2 there, you need to add an adapter for DVD or put in place HDD

Yes, about Lenovo, I heard that you can insert a special adapter into the DVD slot, in which you can install hard. So I planned that if the choice falls on Lenovo, then I will purchase an adapter.
Also, I absolutely do not need to store any multimedia files and stuff on a laptop, so even a 128GB SSD will be more than that to me!

Post has been editedfinwione - 26.03.18, 21:55

Personally, I, in general, picked up such.
Will go?https: //market.yandex....4&local-offers-first=0

finwione @ 03/26/18 22:22*
Personally, I, in general, picked up such.

Yes, the normal option, provided that there is a matrix from LG (LEGEND) or AUO (AU) inside, I wrote here somewhere in the neighboring branches how to correctly determine everything. It is not necessary to open the box, it is enough to break through the service tag from the shortcut to support.dell.com. There, in the configuration section from the factory, you can see the composition of the components. CHI MEI do not take, if it is in the config, immediately look at another box or go to another seller if they do not give a new one to choose. Well, for a 100% guarantee of the absence of PWM, even if everything is fine with the matrix (you have changed the matrix modification), immediately open the browser window in Ubunt and set the brightness to 20-30%, twist it with a pencil if there are no visible phases (a fan like this monolithic, as if twisted in front of a sheet of paper), everything is ok. And the rest is up to you to decide how comfortable angles, grain, contrast, color reproduction are for you personally. Unlike 320, there can be a problem with the matrix, that’s the thing. In 320 this is impossible to make a mistake. Well, the upgrade capabilities are a cut above, here you have 2 memory slots, change it as you like, at least 32GB and access to 4k monitors and TVs with 60Hz and M.2 2280 without any problems, although the SSD is already included there.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/13/19, 05:39