Prestigio Smartbook 116C - Discussion | [netbook] Windows | 11.6 "| Intel Atom x5-Z8350 | 2GB RAM

Rep: (1)
Prestigio SmartBook 116C - Discussion пїЅ | Description | Buying and Accessories пїЅ
netbook | Windows | 11.6 "| Intel Atom x5-Z8350 | 2GB

Attached Image

ATTENTION!

пїЅ IN THE BIOS-UEFI SETTINGS TO CHANGE OR DISCONNECT ANY USB PARAMETERS PROHIBITED!
пїЅ WINDOWS 7 ON THIS APPARATUS INSTALL IMPOSSIBLE!
пїЅ IF YOU AFTER UPDATING, SOUND, WI-FI, BATTERY INDICATOR, ETC. - DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL DRIVERS FROM THEME CAP!

🗞Specifications
SOFTWARE
PC compatible platforms
Operating System • Windows 10 Home
CPU
Intel Atom x5-Z8350 Processor
The number of processor cores 4
Cherry Trail CPU Core Name
Internal clock frequency of 1.44 GHz (up to 1.92 GHz)
Capacity 2 Cache 2 MB
Socket processor socket 592
MEMORY
Capacity of installed RAM 2 GB
STORAGE
Storage Flash Memory 1x32 GB
DISPLAY
11.6 "diagonal length
LCD display type
TFT display technology Active Matrix
IPS matrix type
Chromaticity colored
Maximum resolution of 1920x1080
Additional Features Full HD
Matt Type Monitor Surface
AUDIO
Compliance with audio standards HD-audio
VIDEO
Intel HD Graphics 400 video chipset
Type of video memory Video memory borrowed from RAM
NETWORK SPECIFICATIONS
Wi-Fi Yes
Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.0
AVAILABLE INTERFACES
HDMI 1 (Mini HDMI)
SYSTEM
Type of system Notebook
Type of packaging Retail
Localization Keyboards English
Russian
Webcam 0.3 MPix.
Black colour
NUTRITION
Power Supply Location
BATTERY
Number of batteries installed 1
Battery capacity 8000 mAh

📝additional information
🔍Useful information
Instructions for reinstalling Windows
  1. Download Windows 10 factory image
  2. Unpack the contents of all archives (part1, part2, part3) into a formatted FAT32 flash drive
  3. Connect the USB flash drive to the laptop, when turned on, press the F7 button
  4. In the list of devices, select our USB flash drive.
  5. Installation will take place automatically.
  6. Rejoice!

📦Useful programs

Curator, all questions to me: Delconte

Post has been editedDelconte - 05.06.19, 15:14
Reason for editing: Installing Arch Linux

Rep: (131)
And nobody has tried to roll the seven yet?)

And tried to put 10x64? Here is the answer to your question, there is no x86 sevens with UEFI, so it does not shine. You can only 8 down.

Post has been editedUr4ela - 15.12.17, 11:06

Rep: (8)
* Ur4ela,
Yes, I've already read this, tried to replace the bootloader and some more dances with a tambourine, but to no avail. below 8.1 do not put)

Rep: (0)
It's a shame. All the same, I would like to be a little more nimble from him. A little bit. And so in principle for the basic tasks of norms

Windows 1709 update came, but update from both attempts ended with error 0x80004005
rummaging through the reasons was laziness, stupidly flooded the image from the cap.

I took it as a traveling laptop to work with all sorts of client banks and other online mail.

I installed Arch Linux 64bit, I had to google a little to boot from the USB flash drive (UEFI 32bit on a typewriter with 64bit processor, reptiles saved), but then everything went smoothly.
It works smartly and steadily, the charge lasts a long time, copes with the tasks.
For such a price the machine is excellent.

From the bad:
1. [linux] Bluetooth is not detected by itself, you need to install firmware fromhttps://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8723bs_btand perform the dances described there with a tambourine.
2. [linux] There is sound only in the headphones. They write that you need to turn on the speakers by pulling some GPIO port, but I did not understand until the end, because enough for me.
3. The camera in it is really bad, white balance is absent as a phenomenon.
4. The case is made of "soft plastic", which usually decomposes in a few years and turns into a sticky mess. Treated with isopropanol as it decomposes.
5. It seems that SDXC cards (128 + GB) are crookedly supported by the built-in slot - neither sandisk ultra 128Gb nor samsung evo 256Gb worked for me. The first is not determined, the second is wildly slow.
6. USB ports are half a millimeter narrower than they should be. Some flash drives fit only with effort.

I installed Kubuntu 17.10 works many times faster than 10k clean, chrome opens in 3 seconds.

Kubuntu (or other families) needs to be installed with a patched kernel under the atom ... the original assemblies from the site when installing from the USB flash drive stupidly crashed the error of the CD drive (I wonder where it is in this smartbook) and nothing worked after installation.
How to patch an ISO image I can write if someone is interested ... but I will need a second computer with ubuntu.

Here is what I noticed:
1. Bluetooth works, but not always) Sometimes when you download it does not exist at all.
2. The sound after the tambourine also appeared and also only in the headphones, by the way check - I have one channel in both ears, and the other in one, at the same volume .. when listening to highly panoramic (invented) songs, it interferes, and In general, the sound quality is terrible ... but this is already a question for the hardware, in 10k it’s the same, only without a joke with channels.
3. Also noticed, the mouse gets up normally (some Chinese did), the flash drive was barely (other Chinese did)
4. I did not check the camera, the card reader checked 8 and 16 GB there are no problems.

Artlav:
How did you determine that the plastic will "float"? The smartbook came out sort of like less than a year ago. The prospect is certainly interesting ...

How did you determine that the plastic will "float"?
There is suspicion, there is no certainty.
About a dozen different devices (mice, flash drives, power bank, hand vacuum cleaner, etc.) passed through my hands, which at first were the same to the touch, and all of them became sticky over the years.

The error of the failure of the CD drive crashed (I wonder where it is in this smartbook)
The built-in “drive” is eMMC.
If in Russian, then this is an ordinary SD card, only soldered on the board.
Cheap and angry.

* shtair1,
On Windows 10, chrome starts in 2 seconds, the sound in the senchas is of excellent quality. In general, it makes no sense to put ubuntu on this model. He put different assemblies himself, and these crutches that do not cure her to the end are not worth the result. Clean out the top ten from all the slag and you will be happy.

Artlav @ 12.22.17, 10:01*
The built-in “drive” is eMMC.
If in Russian, then this is an ordinary SD card, only soldered on the board.
Cheap and angry.

It would be better if they made a slot inside and a regular card, so that you could at least replace it with another card ...
kubuntu after installation already correctly identifies this drive as an SD card ...
To speed up all this, I added the defaults, errors = remount-ro, noatime, data = writeback parameters to the / etc / ftab file and the disk began to work faster, swap can still be disabled, but since there is only 2 GB of RAM, it’s better to just configure it correctly so that it is used when there is already very little free RAM.

By the way, did you launch FullHD Video or 4K? with YouTube or a file, the problem with the codecs is visible, since in Windows 10 all this was played without brakes and processor capabilities should be enough, but kubuntu has strong brakes ...
At the same time, the rest of the graphics flies ...

Oberheimix @ 12/22/17, 10:01 PM*
On Windows 10, chrome starts in 2 seconds, the sound in the senchas is of excellent quality. In general, it makes no sense to put ubuntu on this model. He put different assemblies himself, and these crutches that do not cure her to the end are not worth the result. Clean out the top ten from all the slag and you will be happy.

6 seconds, faster on vin10 I did not succeed) in 10k I disconnected all unnecessary and updates ... but maybe not to the end.

Post has been editedshtair1 - 23.12.17, 05:32

I turned off all the unnecessary services for me, disconnected all the telemetry, updates, disconnected all unnecessary windows components, cut out the stor, hbokh and all the accompanying shit, plus it is worth building a Windows with tweaks under ssd. There is also something shamanil, I don’t remember everything. But now the system flies smartly, swapping to 3 gig.

Post has been editedOberheimix - 23.12.17, 06:22

* Artlav,
* shtair1,
Trythis build

How to patch an ISO image I can write if someone is interested ... but I will need a second computer with ubuntu.

Interesting of course, write.

Post has been editedUr4ela - 23.12.17, 13:59

Ur4ela @ 12/23/17, 5:58 PM*
Interesting of course, write.

You need to download the isorespin.sh script, and any official ISO of Ubuntu (I don’t recommend the original Unity and Gnome - they eat a lot of resources, and Kubuntu, Lubuntu fly completely)

http: //linuxiumcomau.b...sos-documentation.html

Then we launch, select with ticks all that we need, a kernel patch, an EFI32 bootloader, etc ...
The only image you need is 64 bit ... 32 bit versions, somehow they didn’t go with me, and I really didn’t understand them.

* shtair1,
Wanted hereETU assemblyput, I thought the script will help, does not process, so it starts from a flash drive, and after installation the booster for EFIx64 installs, and it does not load, I don’t know how to win, but the assembly is easy. Nevertheless thank you.

Post has been editedUr4ela - 24.12.17, 03:00

I wanted to install this assembly, I thought the script would help, it doesn’t handle it, it starts up from a flash drive, and after installing it installs a boot for EFIx64, and it doesn’t boot, I don’t know how to win, but the assembly is easy. Nevertheless thank you.

Try to copy the file bootia32.efi to a disk, generally when installing ubuntu (I don’t know about MX Linux and other Linux), you need to enable wifi so that the GRUB bootloader will be downloaded from the network, otherwise it will not load from the hard disk.
WiFi installers determine starting from version 17.10 like or 17.06 .... earlier versions do not see this hardware and I could not install them.

you need to enable wifi to download the GRUB bootloader over the network, otherwise it won't load from the hard disk

Yes, I know about it, the fact of the matter is that it does not install x86, but installs GRUBx64, after installation it mounted and watched what lay in the ESP section.

Post has been editedUr4ela - 26.12.17, 21:56

Could someone post a photo of the charger nameplate or its characteristics with text? Arrived without, we must look for an analog ... Thank you in advance.

JuanQuadrado @ 12/29/17, 21:46*
Could someone post a photo of the charger nameplate or its characteristics with text? Arrived without, we must look for an analog ... Thank you in advance.

Hold on
Attached Image

Posted 12/29/2017 at 10:07 PM:

Not good news for Linux lovers.

Thank you very much, Ur4ela! Connector 2.5 / 0.7 mm or another?

* JuanQuadrado,
At the expense of the connector I will not tell you, the internal one seems to be more than 0.7.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/03/19 22:43