Homemade firmware [ 45 ] ** [4,46%]
Native firmware [ 322 ] ** [31,88%]
Total votes: 1010

Rep: (45)
Sonoff - Firmware and other DIY

Discussion Sonoff with native firmware |

• In the subject are allForum Rules | Section Rules;
  • Useful topics to note:Forum FAQ | How to clean the image under the spoiler;
  • Instead of saying “Thank you!” UsePicture. If you have less than 15 posts - click on the button.Pictureunder the message where you were helped, and write thanks;
  • In the absence of the curator, the moderator fills the topic header. Use the buttonPictureon the message, which, in your opinion, you need to add to the header to contact the moderator.

Device description
Sonoff is a Wi-Fi-enabled ITEAD smart home device based on ESP8266 or ESP8285 chips. The interest in Sonoff is that an ESP module, a power supply unit, a relay or sensors fit in a tiny and rather pretty box. And most importantly, it can be reprogrammed quite easily and implemented in your smart home ecosystem.
List of Sonoff devices.

FAQ
1) Can I reflash the device to a third-party firmware?
Yes, almost every Sonoff device already has third-party firmware. See the section "Third-party firmware".
2) If you "roll" a third-party firmware, will it be possible to use this device with eWeLink?
No, support for eWeLink and Sonoff clouds disappears. But support for the MQTT protocol appears, which makes it possible to use the device in its home eco-system “smart home”, since it is easier to control your “smart home” than the Chinese “cloud”.
3) Is it possible to write the firmware itself?
Yes, all (?) Sonoff devices are based on ESP8266 or ESP8285 chips. How to create firmware for these modules on the Internet a lot of articles and lessons.
4) What you need to reflash the Sonoff device?
Usually it is enough to have a USB to TTL UART interface converter.like this. Often it is necessary to solder a comb-type connector to the Sonoff board in order to connect a USB-TTL UART converter. Please note that there isthe ability to flash the Sonoff device without a soldering iron and converterif the firmware version is less than 1.6 or more than 2.0 and even has personal experience of the forum users (see the section Useful below).
5) Can Sonoff devices work in frosty weather or at high humidity?
Yes, the use of Sonoff devices in the conditions of frost and humidity is practiced. For outdoor use it is recommended to place the device in a sealed enclosure. For conditions with high humidity and condensation, it is recommended to cover the board with an electronic varnish to avoid short circuits (example).

Useful
How to backup any Itead Sonoff firmware Attention: It is recommended to make a backup of the factory (native) firmware, since in 99% of cases you will not be able to recover your native firmware from someone else's backup. The firmware is tied to a unique device ID.
How to manage Sonoff devices on a local network without a cloud(external link, ENG)
1M Smartphone: Manage devices without a Chinese server
How to flash Sonoff devices without a soldering iron and UARTs (another instructionon ESPurna website) +personal experience from brujerizmo + instruction from ilya-fedin + instruction from jmyrik28 + review from xxcombat. Note: The method works only for firmware with a version less than 1.6 and versions greater than 2.0.0 (in other versions, verification of the certificate was added, which cannot be bypassed). HereThere is a tablet with proven devices and versions.
How to make Itead Si7021 sensor earn on third-party firmware
Short review-comparison of Tasmota and ESPEasy firmware (from romeg)
If ESP8266 is not flashing, try flashing like ESP8285.
Tip: Before changing the firmware, it is better to flash the device with the so-called "zero" firmware, in order to wipe the settings and other "tails" from the previous one.
We connect the PZEM-004T power monitor to Sonoff
Making leakage protection (option from Vanosss). Part 1andPart 2
If the device on ESPEasy started to hang, then try to make it factory reset through the menu
6 secrets of Sonoff (external link to the article and video in English)
If there are large packet losses on third-party firmware, try testing the operation of the MQTT protocol
We connect the motion sensor HC-SR501 + A small amendment to the instructions.
The temperature and humidity sensor Si7021 is already supported on the Tasmota firmware "out of the box".
Experience flashing the device to support Apple HomeKit.
Some new Sonoff devices may not work after flashing due to the use of a PUYA memory chip. + still infa + still.
Current instructions on how to connect the RF bridge on the Tasmota firmware with Domoticz
How to display data from Sonoff to the site narodmon.ru
Device management with Tasmoto firmware via TasmoAdmin service

Sonoff devices
Sonoff Basic / RF
A set of instructions from adik777: Flash Sonoff Basic, Sonoff TH, Sonoff T1, Sonoff RF Bridge on ESPEasy, Tasmota, ESPurna firmware via FlashESP8266
Own alternative server for Sonoff
How to enter into the firmware mode Sonoff RF
How to make the relay work as a physical button (switch) (option from zver5)
How to connect a physical switch (option from Prohozij)(link to the "Sonoff / eWeLink" branch)
Control Sonoff Basic without flashing through Siri Apple HomeKit
How to make sure that the output of Sonoff Basic was not 220V, but the closure of contacts(link to the "Sonoff / eWeLink" branch)
How to flash Sonoff Basic TH V1.1 (memory PN25F08B) - instruction from Varkuta
Connecting Sonoff Basic / Sonoff 4Ch Pro R2 to the Vera smart home controller
Connecting the temperature / humidity sensor DHT22 to Sonoff Basic (from Varkuta)
Connecting I2C peripherals via RX-TX pins (on ESPEasy)
How to connect Si7021 shawl to Sonoff Basic
How Sonoff Basic is powered from 5V(link to the "Sonoff / eWeLink" branch)

External links:
Sonoff TH: Adding RF (ENG)
Sonoff Basic: Making the lamp from IKEA smart (+ setting in MajorDoMo) - VIDEO.
Sonoff Basic: Gate Control (ENG) + review in Russian
Sonoff Basic: DS18B20 Temperature Sensor Connection.
Sonoff Basic: Connecting Temperature and Humidity Sensor DHT22
Sonoff Basic: Boiler Control via Intermediate Relay and Domoticz
How to make the Sonoff Basic physical button work in ESPEasy (ENG) firmware
Alteration of Sonoff Basic to manage loads up to 35 Volts (ENG)
Break the Itead Sonoff TH Switch(the link to the mysku website is deleted automatically; copy the link to the article manually:https: // mysku.ru / blog / aliexpress / 40475.html)
Sonoff Basic: Firmware via Raspberry Pi
Sonoff Basic: How to add an IR transmitter
Visual programming for Sonoff Basic with Blockly
Sonoff Basic. Alternative firmware. More possibilities!

Sonoff RF R2 Power
Sonoff Basic R3 / RF3 / Mini
Sonoff TH10 / TH16
Sonoff CH4
Sonoff ch4 pro
Sonoff dual
Sonoff pow
Sonoff sv
Sonoff Touch / T1
Sonoff s20
Optional non-latching switch parallel to a button on the Sonoff S20 device(link to the "Sonoff / eWeLink" branch)

External links:
Change the firmware in Sonoff S20 (video, ENG)
Refinement of the Sonoff S20 outlet for automatic reboot of the router(the link to the mysku website is deleted automatically; copy the link to the article manually:https: // mysku.ru / blog / china-stores / 57097.html)

Sonoff s31
External links:
How to flash Sonoff S31

Sonoff slampher
Sonoff LED / BN-SZ01
Sonoff s26
Sonoff b1
Sonoff RF Bridge 433
Sonoff sc

Third-party firmware
Third-party management systems
MQTT brokers
1) Mosquitto (multiplatform)
2) CloudMQTT (cloudy)

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.
If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).

Post has been editedVooDooN2 - 23.07.19, 12:17
Reason for editing: Sonoff Mini + Photo board review

Rep: (51)
Kostya4000 @ 11.28.17, 9:11 p.m.*
Try it with sonota.py --legacy --slowstream

behavior has changed slightly. Now the device at the end of the second stage lights a green light, and burns continuously (apparently connect to wifi)
but finalstage never does (

Rep: (66)
When it is lit, it means it is already connected to the point, as I see it, the old firmware for you means these manipulations should work. Do not upgrade to the latest firmware via ewelink, in the latest firmware they made a mechanism for checking the signature of a certificate and through sonota it will not be updated. I received 3 devices on two, I updated the firmware to the latest and sonota did not work on them, on the third I did not update and sonota worked. Still would not hurt the log of work. Try it only with --slowstream or just with --legacy

Post has been editedkostya4000 - 29.11.17, 10:35

Rep: (51)
Is v1.5.5 exactly old? Ewelink just says that this is the latest firmware for this device.
I'll try to play with the keys to the script in the evening ...

Rep: (66)
I have on pow and touch was updated and showed 1.7

Rep: (8)
As I understand it, your case is described here:
https://github.com/mirko/SonOTA/issues/58

Apparently, soon SonOTA will become irrelevant (

Rep: (0)
Aerial firmware freezes during FinalStage. Rebooting devices does not help, what could be the reason?

Appear to have connected to the final stage IP, moving to next stage.
Starting stage2 ...
~~ Starting web server (HTTP port: 8080, HTTPS port 8443)
~~ Waiting for device to connect

The "FinalStage" SSID will disappear when the device has been fully flashed and image_arduino.bin has been installed
Once "FinalStage" has gone away, you can stop this program

The "FinalStage" SSID will disappear when the device has been fully flashed and image_arduino.bin has been installed
I solved the problem by switching the network in the properties to private, I found the method on the github.
.................. Sending file: /ota/image_user2-0x81000.bin
... 200 GET /ota/image_user2-0x81000.bin (*) 7333.34ms

.Current IPs: ['*']

It appears we have been disconnected from the "FinalStage" SSID, however the final image has not been downloaded. Reconnect to "FinalStage" when it returns to continue the process (this may require a power cycle of your Sonoff device) ...

....................... Current IPs: ['*', '*', '*']
Sending file: /ota/image_arduino.bin
.... 200 GET /ota/image_arduino.bin (192.168.4.1) 8725.04ms
........ Current IPs: ['*']
No longer on "FinalStage" SSID, all done!

Post has been editedtopman777 - 01.12.17, 18:46

I tried to flash all third-party firmware from the header.
They are flashed without problems, but only:
1M and Tasmota.
The rest after the flashing are silent. The wifi network does not appear, the LEDs do not light.
Where are the instructions on how to use these firmware?
I did not find the links. maximum - how to flash. More or less normal instruction (wiki) only at Tasmota.
If anyone has experience - can you describe here?

Rep: (1)
Hello! Please help. I am stitching from under Linux according to the SonOTA method (according to WI-FI).
At the stage of choosing a wi-fi network, a window for selecting a network and entering a password appears. So the question is, what is the default WIFI password ?? I leave an empty value - the connection button is not activated ...

Rep: (32)
* Vanosss,
Hello. Just starting to delve into the smart home system, and when reflashing Sonoff Basic according to your instructions, a couple of questions arose
Vanosss @ 10.11.17, 01:02*
4. Download the firmware herehttps://github.com/let…rolit/ESPEasy/releases- here are new versions of v2.0.0 - you need to download the Source code

I downloaded the Source code, but it does not have the file from item 6, but in ESPEasy_v2.0.0-dev11.zip it is. From it to take?
5. It is necessary to unpack and there inside there is a file that where to transfer to the Arduino IDE, the lib folder

I downloaded, unpacked, I can’t find the file where it says where to throw something. Maybe I’m not looking there? And what to do with the lib folder?
3. Then in Tools, select the board on the ESP8266.

I did not find ESP8266 boards in the list, only Generic ESP8266 Module
Help me to understand. Thank.

Post has been editedrazboinikov - 03.12.17, 12:35
Reason for editing: the third question appeared

Rep: (31)
Razboinikov @ 12/03/17, 12:29*
I did not find ESP8266 boards in the list, only Generic ESP8266 Module

well this is ESP8266

Razboinikov @ 12/03/17, 12:29*
I downloaded, unpacked, I can’t find the file where it says where to throw something. Maybe I’m not looking there? And what to do with the lib folder?

lib from the archive must be thrown into C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Arduino \ libraries

* Vanosss,
I did everything according to the instructions - an error occurred while checking
Mistake
Attached Image

Maybe something in the tinctures is not it?
Settings
Attached Image

Post has been editedrazboinikov - 03.12.17, 16:38

Flashed ESPEasy_R120 with flash.cmd
But after the firmware, I put it into the case, filed 220, and the LED does not light and there is no wifi point.
How to make?

That's it, I figured out the firmware on ESPEasy.
In the Internet, I read that new batches come with a different memory and therefore do not start after a flashing.
Sewed firmwarethis.
Need to sew with this utility:Flash Download Tools
Utility settings (only set your COM)
Attached Image

After the reboot, the LED does not light up, but the wifi point appeared (you need to connect to it with a wifi PC): wifi network “ESP_0”, network password “configesp”. Further settings on ip 192.168.4.1

Post has been editedrazboinikov - 10.12.17, 19:22
Reason for editing: Answers to questions

Razboinikov @ 12/03/17, 19:45*
But after the firmware, I put it into the case, filed 220, and the LED does not light and there is no wifi point.
How to make?

nothing to burn and shouldn’t light up, something must be registered in the Device inside the device by logging in after the firmware already on the web
then create rulez rules

a few pages ago, I wrote it somewhere, look

Posted on 12/03/2017, 21:30:

Razboinikov @ 12/03/17, 16:25*
Maybe something in the tinctures is not it?

everything is so, but you have a different programmer, I just have a Paraller Programmer

Tasmota firmware, via cloudmqtt connected th16 device to the server.
I tear off such a topic by the client
tele / th16-500 / SENSOR
(th16-500 is the name of the device)
It turns out such a disgrace:
{"Time": "2017-12-04T07: 49: 55", "DHT22": {"Temperature": 10.8, "Humidity": 58.9}, "TempUnit": "C"}
How to steam it with regular means, pull out temperature and humidity separately?

* romeg,
Usually, a smart home control system is also connected to MQTT. Those. data parsing falls on the shoulders of this system.

Razboinikov @ 12/03/17, 18:45*
Need to sew with this utility: Flash Download Tools

Can you reset the screenshots of the flasher settings? And then I completely stalled with something. Thank you in advance.

Tosha_74 @ 12/05/17, 00:14*
Can you reset the screenshots of the flasher settings? And then I completely stalled with something. Thank you in advance.

Flash Download Tools
Attached Image

Choose COM in which UART is powered

Post has been editedrazboinikov - 05.12.17, 06:13
Reason for editing: about COM

Romeg @ 4.12.17, 10:00*
{"Time": "2017-12-04T07: 49: 55", "DHT22": {"Temperature": 10.8, "Humidity": 58.9}, "TempUnit": "C"}

Temperature and humidity are parsed like this:
$ .DHT22.Temperature
$ .DHT22.Humidity
On the MQTT Dash client from the phone.

So it is possible without a control system. What I didn’t find in Tasmota firmware - How to make an autonomous (working without the Internet) thermostat?
It is connected to the MQtt cloud, commands are sent and th16 responds to them. Maybe there is a thermostat command in this firmware?

* razboinikov,
Thank. It did not fly up, but for the help "+". It looks like the firmware process is normal, but the network is not created. Apparently I have a problem with the flasher (adapter). I met such a versionhere.
Do not use cheap converters with a FTDI232 chip!
The FTDI232 might be one of the most faked chips at all. The genuine manufacturer took measurements against these fakes.
They will not work correctly at least with Windows.Everything looks fine, apparently flashing worked well.
But the code you flashed into the ESP is corrupted!
I ordered one as recommended there, now I'm waiting for it to arrive.

I’ll clarify: At the first stage you need to select ESP 8266, right?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/22/19, 1:17 PM