HP OMEN 15 ce000 - Discussion | [notebook] Windows | 15.6 "| IntelВ® Core в„ў i7-7700HQ 2.80GHz | 12G
Using overclocking? as well as your average battery life without games?
The goal is to find out how equal the quality of the batteries is - Choose the degree of load and time
I use more often - heavy programs, from about 4 hours [ 6 ] ** [21,43%]
I use browser more often - youtube, music, from 4 hours [ 12 ] ** [42,86%]
I use it more often - for downloaded Cinema, from 4 hours [ 1 ] ** [3,57%]
I use more often - heavy programs, about 3 hours [ 0 ] ** [0%]
I use browser more often - youtube, music, about 3 hours [ 1 ] ** [3,57%]
I use it more often - for downloaded Cinema, about 3 hours [ 0 ] ** [0%]
I use more often - heavy programs, about 2 hours [ 2 ] ** [7,14%]
I use browser more often - youtube, music, about 2 hours [ 1 ] ** [3,57%]
I use it more often - for downloaded Cinema, about 2 hours [ 2 ] ** [7,14%]
How not to use - without games - lives up to 2 hours for sure! [ 1 ] ** [3,57%]
How not to use - without games - until 1 o'clock barely live for sure! [ 1 ] ** [3,57%]
And I replaced the battery under warranty - now everything is fine! [ 1 ] ** [3,57%]
Do you overclock the video card in overclocking programs? Select results by memory and kernel.
Overclocking - reached + 200 and more core [ 1 ] ** [3,57%]
Overclocking - reached about 100 core [ 1 ] ** [3,57%]
Overclocking - did not, perhaps temporarily [ 15 ] ** [53,57%]
Overclock failed - the chip does not take higher frequency [ 2 ] ** [7,14%]
I overclocked and lowered the voltage - it reached from +200 core and lowered by -100 approximately [ 0 ] ** [0%]
I broke up and lowered the voltage - reached +100 in the core and lowered the volts by -50 approximately [ 0 ] ** [0%]
Memory overclocked by 900 or more. [ 0 ] ** [0%]
Memory overclocked by about +600 [ 1 ] ** [3,57%]
Memory overclocked by about +300 [ 1 ] ** [3,57%]
The memory is not overclocked or overclocked weakly. [ 2 ] ** [7,14%]
Just reduced the frequency of the core and memory so that it is less heated [ 2 ] ** [7,14%]
Reduced the frequency of the core, memory and lowered the voltage of the core to even less warming [ 0 ] ** [0%]
Total votes: 28

Rep: (7)
HP OMEN 15 ce000 - Discussion
Discussion Total Model Series HP Omen 15 (2017)

Attached Image

Technical characteristics of the model rangece0XX
operating system Windows 10 Home 64 or DOS

CPU IntelВ® Core в„ў i7-7700HQ or i5-7300HQ
Chipset IntelВ® HM175
Motherboard HP OMEN by HP Laptop 15-ce0xx mainboard DMI - HP 838F
Memory is operational DDR4 frequencies from 2133 MHz - 2400 MHz SDRAM, volume from 6GB - 24GB
Data storage Various modifications of permanent memory from 1TB HDD to HDD 2TB + SDD NVMe 512GB
Graphics NVIDIAВ® GeForceВ® GTX 10 Series - 1050, 1050TI, 1060 onboard memory from 2GB to 6GB
Audio Bang & Olufsen; HP Audio Boost; two speakers; codec - Realtek ALC295
Display Full HD (60 or 120 Hz) or 4K (60 Hz) IPS displays.
Nutrition Quick Charge power supply 150-200 W 7.7A weighing about 300-360 grams.
4-cell lithium-ion battery, with a 70-watt-hour capacity of 4550 mAh
Fast battery charging: approximately 90% in 90 minutes.
Battery life up to 9 hours
The maximum battery life during video playback is up to 6 hours.

Network interface
Built-in 10/100/1000 GbE network adapter
Wireless connection
Combined IntelВ® 802.11b / g / n / ac (2 x 2), Wi-FiВ® and BluetoothВ® 4.2 (with Miracast support)

Ports
1 USB 3.1 Type-C в„ў connector (transfer speeds up to 5 Gbps, DP1.2, HP Sleep and Charge technology)
* Optionally, Tunderbolt 3.0 is installed on some models (for connecting external boxes of video cards and other peripherals)
3 USB 3.1 Gen 1 connectors (1 connector with HP Sleep and Charge technology);
1 mini DP connector; 1 HDMI connector; 1 RJ-45 connector;
1 combo headphone and microphone jack (headset)
1 microphone input jack
1 multi-format Hi-Speed ​​SD card reader

Webcam
HP Wide Vision HD camera with two built-in digital microphones.
Reviews, Temperatures, Display
Reviews
https://youtu.be/zpxK8fmz0Hg
https://youtu.be/vqSfj9sNP5Q
https://youtu.be/kUDjt4gjMO4

NOTES
At the office. This site can break your head by understanding the specifications of your particular Note of this model. What I consider important and not obvious are the following:

1. It is not obvious the presence or absence of thunderbolt 3. Check on of the site by serial number on the bottom of your laptop before buying it is advisable to pay attention.

2. The normal temperature of the model range under the LINEAR load can be considered - on the 84'C processor (without throttling) on ​​the video card (GTX 1060 \ 1050TI \ 1050) - 84'C \ 78'C \ 72'C (without trotting)
2.1 In games, this parameter varies depending on the game itself, extremely normal CPU - 90'C + GPU 84'C is valid for the hottest pair i7 7700hq + 1060GTX, again without throttling.
2.2 If your laptop is linearly loaded with tests or games, it warms up stronger than numbers (testedsubjectivelyme, as well as according to people from this branch), + there was also a reset of CPU frequencies (throttling) - it’s worth servicing your laptop for the replacement of thermal paste.
2.3 Apply the paste need a thin layer of liquid metalNOTIt is recommended (because it conducts current), better buy MX2 \ MX4 and analogs of thermal grease in any network store CSN, or Citylink.
2.4 If the replacement of thermal paste did not help - pay attention to the contact patch of the chip with the surface of the Cooling System, perhaps there is a bias and the clamp is not tight.
2.5 If you do not trust your hands, or they are shaking- do not open the laptop, you need to go to give a "good" service and pay.
Remember - you should always take \ check the document protecting your rights, for example, the act of accepting \ providing work \ guarantees, so that later in cases of force majeure - without panic, solve everything with words or by force of law} -).

3. This line in this diagonal has 3 matrix options: 1920 x 1080, 60 Hz (216 nit); 1920 x 1080, 120 Hz (300 nit); 3840 x 2160, 60Hz (320 nit). Color Coverage (sRGB \ aRGB) ->60 Hz - 66% \ 50%; 120 Hz - 90% \ 60%; 4K - 98% \ 78%.

Support service response for the upgrade :
"The laptop has one bottom cover, you can remove it without losing the warranty and upgrade the RAM or hard disk. However, if you damage any components or cause another malfunction, the warranty will be voided."
Acceleration, Optimization
Overclocking - the processor is not possible, but to appease its appetites where necessary - with the help of the XTU program link to an explanatory post do at your own risk.
You can more easily configure it - with the Windows power management profile - you click on the battery in the system tray - parameters - additional parameters - processor state management.
Example , we put in the field "maximum processor state" - 99% of the processor's turbo-boost is turned off, this significantly reduces the temperature and the processor will become a little less "clever" (suitable for those who do not use heavy programs, for most games there is enough).

Overclock video card - GTX 10 series - it is possible and even necessary (again, the responsibility is on you), and how to do this can be viewed in this video -> Youtube
For convenience, you can prepare several frequency presets - graphs of the core, voltage and memory.
I have 3 profiles for 1050ti:
Minimum- for casual games and low-demand genres, frequencies 1240/7200 (core / memory) card consumption ~ 30W at 100% load of the core and memory controller
Average- for most games 1500 \ 7200 (core \ memory) ~ 39W with 100% load of the kernel and memory controller
Stable maximumfor those cases when you need more power ->1912 \ 9000 (core \ memory) ~ 54W at 100% load of the kernel and memory controller
In all 3 profilesA decrease in the voltage of the core set in the graph of the frequency-voltage ratio is also used in the overclocking guide following the link above.
The numbers are an example. , may differ because the quality of the assembly and the crystals themselves - different.

Hardware optimization - For the most part, in a competent acceleration / deceleration of the video card, as well as processor power tweaking, there is 70% optimization of your laptop’s work, the remaining 30% is proper use and your experience.
According to my tests, after overclocking the video card and lowering the power supply of the CPU and GPU, it was possible to reduce the consumption of the impressive - 36 watts (it was 108 watts received 72 at maximum load), on average, this figure is nearing 60w.
FPS went up by 10-18%, and temperatures did not exceed 70-80 degrees, something like this can be achieved (competent care has not harmed anyone, the equipment is no exception: yes2 :) Enjoy !.

No need to bet extreme values ​​of acceleration \ lowering the voltage, when you only master these tools, start with a small step of frequencies and voltages, suddenly you are lucky and without excessive temperatures, you will get a bonus performance. And if you do not squeeze out all the juices, leave a small margin, then without consequences for the device, try !!! BUT gently take your time! :)
Additional information, Battery
The official site of the model range: ce000
Laptop Summary:Yandex market general summary
Drivers and software:Download drivers - indicate your model of this laptop, or the serial number on the cover from the bottom.
Battery buildup and recovery over time with proper use - it happens
Here is an observation - when buying the Passport Capacity was 61223 mWh, and in 1 month it swung to 68992mWh. also proofs in screens.
Screenshots of battery capacity for 2 weeks of use.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Solutions to problems
1. Laptop Turns off when a static electric shock on the metal cover - this is due to the lack of grounding, herelinkwhere an appeal to support HP was officially told to the person - we will repair this marriage, write to the support, or through the programHP Support Assistant.
* If you really want to and very quickly, but with a loss of warranty (most likely - if you are not careful about it) there issuchway from our friend, click thanks.

A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached ImageAttached Image

Post has been editedSkyarbiter - 21.01.19, 03:45

Rep: (309)
realnox @ 9.03.19, 9:46*
I want to replace the RAM with a faster one. Is there any info that the mother supports the RAM?
>2400 MHz - only with modbios.

Post has been editedMultiRW - 10.03.19, 17:09

Rep: (15)
* andreikorenyuk , b + m, don't be mistaken))

Rep: (1)
And tell me what is best and how to clean the keyboard?

* rav1k ,
molar soft brush + vacuum cleaner on not much, high speed

Rep: (-1)
* rav1k
compressed air tank, in any dns from 200 grouse stands.
Vacuuming is better not necessary.
from fat napkins buy for household appliances

Posted on 03/16/2012, 12:33:

MultiRW @ 03/10/19, 19:09*
modbios

and there are?)

Rep: (11)
Tell me, the Start button stopped working on 15-ce049ur. I could somehow disable it programmatically?

Yes, I'm sorry, I found it. Indeed he turned off fn + f12. Could some indicator in f12 build in ((
Then tell me more, Is it possible to reassign the Omen button to some other value? Omen control center for this version of the laptop is not relevant, the button hangs like a dead weight, and in that place I just don’t have enough of the Pause button, which was inserted into fn + shift
PS I know about programs that can replace the code of one button with the code of another, but the problem is that the button-click scanners do not read the code for pressing the Omen button

Post has been editedDarth327 - 19.03.19, 01:47

Rep: (0)
Good all! Maybe my question is stupid, but where is his bios battery? If anyone has a photo?

Rep: (12)
* Wrangler_chuk , photo boards on both sides, the battery did not see, too, perhaps powered by a battery?

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

So my suspicions were true .. The bottom line is that the chela's battery died (to inflate the beginning and the status is connected but not charging.) Well, I think the problem is, sit on the adapter for now. The battery was removed and everything .. BIOS fell off .. And every time you unplug the adapter from the laptop, each time you need to restore the BIOS settings. I thought the BIOS battery was dead, I looked - no. Then the question arose .. Is there any there? And if not, then some kind of ambush .. :(

* ihtiander , it is most likely small for electronic watches 16/16 or the like, sealed in rubber and hidden in the case, there the pockets are made for it, wires must go to it, the whole thing looks like a microphone, I was recently brought from the department virgins by the elite Side of the series, there was such a crap
Something like this was
https: //rover.ebay.com...k%2Fitm%2F223130034462

Post has been editedcdne47 - 29.03.19, 07:47
Reason for editing: Link

Well, then I would like a real photo where it is .. It is in this model of the laptop.

Constantly crashes into the blue screen, why it is not clear, took down the Windows, rolled a new one, until it seems to crash, but now I can’t install most of the drivers on it, the error says “the access point to the driverstoreupdatedevicesw procedure is not found in the dll library”. Explain what is stupid what needs to be done or is it easier to simply sell it already.
P.S. - Windows demolition did not help, anyway it goes to the blue screen, mystic ...

Post has been editedGiganti - 01.04.19, 04:04

* Giganti , this is not mysticism, this is a sign of a component that does not work, I would first make a memtest and check the disks too

From the marked part of the body comes a sound that looks like an electric one. What could it be? There is no possibility of opening, the laptop is under warranty.

Attached images
Attached Image

Rep: (12)
* Leva123,
Open do not be afraid. I put ssd and cleaned from dust + changed the thermal paste, then repaired the laptop under warranty (turned off from static). In the office. The service said that removing the back cover and generally disassembling the warranty does not affect.

Good day)
A month ago, I took the laptop HP Omen 15-ce044ur (i7 7700hq and gtx 1060 max q) decided that it is very hot and I tested it in 64.
Here I think either to carry the service or change the thermal paste ...
Your opinion gentlemen?
https: //drive.google.c...c01n/view? usp = drivesdk

Rep: (915)
* BloodThirsty1337, 90-95 В° C is the normal temperature at the stress test (all checkboxes) for a modern gaming laptop with i7 processors of the seventh and eighth generation, where the threshold of the CPU critical temperature is 105 В° C.
In games, the temperature will be slightly lower.
If it does not suit you, try standard reduction methods. Replacement of thermal paste, undervolting, increasing the distance from the table surface to the back wall of the laptop, and so on.

* elektrikons ,
Thank you for the detailed response, but the fact that trotting was first, and then everything seemed to calm down, is it adequate?
I think if I replace the thermal grease, the warranty will fly off. Beech is only one month old)

* Bloodthirsty1337 , the paste just needs to be changed, in my case it was dry, the computer was also about a year old, but my temperature was always 80 even at rest

Rep: (915)
BloodThirsty1337 @ 04/23/19 11:16*
but the fact that at first there was trotting, and then everything seemed to have calmed down adequately?
it is not clear from the screenshot, as temperature monitoring is enabled after the start of the test. Retest and take 3 screenshots of windows: The Temperatures, Powers, Clocks. You yourself will see the origin of trotting, by temperature or power.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07.22.19, 11:16