Universal touchscreen for GU on Android - Discussion | [GU on Android] Car and Android device

Rep: (748)
Universal touchscreen for GU on Android
Car and Android device
Discussion пїЅ

GU : Touchscreen for GU on Android

- The search for an original or compatible touchscreen for your GU on Android was not successful, so I had to start searching for a solution to this problem.
- The search revealed several variants of universal touchscreens that can work withGU by USB .
On this resource (savagemessiahzine.com) there was no information about such devices, so I decided to create a theme with a description of universal touchscreens for those users who cannot find the original touchscreens for their GU on Android.

[Useful in this topic]

1. Resistive touchscreen with eGalax universal USB controller.
2. Controller Resistive touchscreen on a specialized touchscreen controller from Microchip AR1100
3. Resistive Touchscreen Controller for Arduino Pro Micro or Arduino Nano Ver.4.
4. Capacitive touchscreen controller. Commercial project: Controller YAM_TOUCH_I2C_SIMPLE
5. Capacitive Touchscreen Controller for Arduino Pro Micro or Arduino Nano Ver.4. one touch
6. Capacitive Touchscreen Controller for Arduino Pro Micro or Arduino Nano Ver.4. with two touch multitouch
7. Capacitive touchscreen controller from the Chinese ...
8. DANCING FINGER. Commercial project. USB-HID resistive touchscreen with multimedia features

An example of the implementation of the controller (в„–5 and в„–6 ) on Pro micro3.3V 8MHz

Instructions on how to flash a Pro Micro 16 MHz / 5V module (Arduino leonardo )
Features of the Pro Micro 8 MHz / 3.3 V module (Arduino LilyPAD USB )
Will it work MULCH on your GU.
Touchscreen initialization charts on the GT911

Post has been editedPows - 31.07.18, 10:10

1. Resistive touchscreen with universal USB controller .
ControllereGalax (VID 0eef PID 0001).
Attached Image

Pros:
- Included is a disk with a set of drivers for almost all operating systems (except for Android).
Drivers on the disk
Attached Image

Minuses:
- for Android, drivers are available on the site, but they can only be built into the kernel (recompile the kernel), which is problematic for most users
- if you build in a controller with a touchscreen in the PG for Android, then if the touchscreen calibration fails, it will be necessary to disassemble the PG to connect a laptop with Windows to perform calibration.

The option to connect this touchscreen under Android fromABCh look there: Connect to Android
but I have not started this option on 2 devices ...

Post has been editedPows - 24.01.18, 12:27

2. Resistive touchscreen with a dedicated touchscreen controller from Microchip AR1100
Attached Image

Pros:
- small touchscreen controller board with connector for 4-wire resistive touchscreen
- in Android, the work of the touchscreen in mouse mode or digitizer
- normal software for touchscreen calibration under Windows using 4, 9 and 25 touch points
- smooth touch handling by the controller
- documentation and software can be found there:http://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/en/AR1100

Minuses:
- if you build in a controller with a touchscreen in the PG for Android, then if the touchscreen calibration fails, it will be necessary to disassemble the PG to connect a laptop with Windows to perform calibration.

Post has been editedPows - 13.11.17, 20:39

пїЅ 3. Resistive touchscreen with controller on Arduino Pro Micro or Arduino Nano Ver.4.
Attached Image

Pros:
- On this touchscreen controller there are sources for the controller
- The topic for this controller is there:http://pccar.ru/showthread.php?t=18943

Cons for firmware from the site pccar.ru:
- there is a twitching of the touchscreen touch point due to the not quite correct algorithm for calculating the touch point
- touchscreen calibration runs from under Windows and the connection with the controller for calibration is not always correct
- when connecting to Windows, a driver is required

My modification of the firmware for this controller corrects some of the disadvantages of the original firmware:
Because of these drawbacks, I decided to modify the firmware:
- on LED "1" (see photo) indication of touch of touch is displayed (there is a touch - it is lit)
- removed from the firmware all the code associated with the virtual port, which was needed for
calibration from under Windows, now the Windows driver does not ask
- added the calibration code to the firmware. Initially, made a calibration at the touch of a button
on the controller board, but then I thought and came to the conclusion that it would not be very
convenient because there will be a need to disassemble the PG in order to press the button for calibrating ...
so did without an extra button.

Pro Micro firmware only16 MHz:
Firmware for Android: Attached fileHID_Resistive_A_TouchController.zip (439.06 KB)

Firmware for Windows:Attached fileTouchController_HID_Resistive_Windows.rar(400.79 KB)

Here I am posting the resulting firmware and something accompanying ...
in the archive:
- TouchController_HID_Resistive_A.hex - my controller firmware for working under Android
- 800_480.jpg - file with the location of calibration points
- TC_REZ_01.jpg - appearance on what was tested
- Boot32u4.zip - archive with a programmer for the controller board

Calibration.

Calibration has turned out maybe not very good, but for me it's normal ...

Touchscreen calibration is carried out by two points located in the upper left
and in the lower right corner see 800_480.jpg. Calibration points are located on
a distance of 10% of the length and height (respectively) of the display. Shift points
Calibration by 10% was due to the touchscreen design ... my corner does not work.

For the first calibration, it seems to me that it is better to make a pattern to fit your display.
from a transparent film (tracing paper) with two points for calibration.

Calibration:
1. To impose a calibration pattern on the display screen (display in full screen in Android
calibration picture for example 800_480.jpg).
2. Press and hold with any stylus or other object anywhere on the screen with
touchscreen. LED 1 on the controller board (TC_REZ_01.jpg) will be constantly lit.
3. Monitor LED 2 on the controller board, after about 13 seconds. LED 2
blink 1 time, then release the stylus.
4. Press the stylus to point 1 (upper left corner) and hold for a couple of seconds. until blink
LED 2, then release the stylus.
5. Press the stylus to point 2 (lower right corner) and hold for a couple of seconds. until blink
LED 2, then release the stylus.
6. Press the stylus anywhere on the screen for a couple of seconds.

Calibration is finished, check the work of the touchscreen ...

LED monitoring is in principle required to determine whether calibration is working properly.
and determine the hold time of the stylus during calibration, to subsequently conduct
just calibrating by time ...

Post has been editedPows - 11.09.18, 09:37

4. Capacitive touchscreen. Commercial project: Controller YAM_TOUCH_I2C_SIMPLE

designed to connect USB capacitive touch with built-in I2C controller from:
- FocalTech FT5206 / FT5302 / FT5306 / FT5406 / FT5606
- GOODIX GT801 / GT811 / GT911 / GT927x / GT928
- Synaptics S7300B
- VTL CT363
- Atmel MXT1386
Attached Image

The project lives there:http://pccar.ru/showthread.php?t=20905

Post has been editedPows - 13.11.17, 20:38

пїЅ 5 . Capacitive touchscreen with controller on Arduino Pro Micro or Arduino Nano Ver.4. one touch

- A great desire to install on the capacitive touchscreen GU, but the lack of desire to pay for the controllerYAM_TOUCH_I2C_SIMPLE which can not earn on my GU, because on the website of his project, I was not given a sensible answer on how to check before buying it, whether it will work on the GU, forced me to study the issue of capacitive touchscreens and the development of my controller.

1. The study of capacitive touchscreens stopped me on touchscreens with a GOODIX controllerGT911
2. In choosing a controller, I stopped atArduino Pro Micro . I bought it from the Chinese, so the controller turned out to be a little different from what is written on it, namely, there is a jumper on this controller, signed 3.3V - 5V, but in fact the 4.5V stabilizer was soldered on the board. Therefore, we also had to purchase a 5V - 3.3V signal converter with a 3.3V stabilizer, since capacitive touchscreen powered by 3.3V.
3. A board with a 6-pin connector with a pitch of 0.5 mm was also purchased for connecting a capacitive touchscreen loop.

Schemes of controllers turned out like this:
Circuit controller capacitive touchscreen (Arduino Pro Micro 3.3V8 MHz ) for touchscreens on GOODIX
Attached Image

Circuit Controller Capacitive Touchscreen (Arduino Pro Micro 5V16MHz)
ATTENTION !!! pin numbers on the connector for the cable of the wheelbarrow (FPC-6P) may differ from those indicated on the scheme, the main thing is that the names of the signals of your wheelbarrow match the name
Attached Image
Attached Image

Thank you so muchzyxel812 from the website http://pccar.ru/showthread.php?t=18943 for its sources for the resistive touchscreen, on the basis of which the code for the capacitive touchscreen was written.

Controller firmware
ATTENTION !!! The controller's circuit, which is inside the firmware, corresponds to the given loop, if you have a pinout of the loop of the wheelbarrow different from the one shown in the figure, correct the connection scheme of the FPC-6P connector for your touch.
signals on the loop
Attached Image

Pro Micro 5V controller firmware16 MHz :
Attached fileTouchController_GT911_1T.zip(705.28 KB)

Pro Micro 3.3V controller firmware8 MHz :
Attached fileTouch_GT911_1T_8M_MM_205.zip(2.5 MB)
ver.205 Touch 1 touch + MMedia + Back + Home + Rotate 90 + Encoder + Off. touches
Old firmware
Attached fileTouch_GT911_1T_8M_MM_v202.zip(824.42 KB)
Touch 1 touch + MMedia + Back + Home

These firmware for the touchscreen controller on the boardPro micro to work with a capacitive touchscreen interface i2C with built-in touchscreen type controller GT911 .
This controller will not work with other touchscreens.
An example of a GT911 controller with a connection cable
Attached Image

Capacitive touchscreenone touch with this controller turned out very even not bad:
- workson any GU on all versions of Android which have a USB port
- very fast and smooth touchscreen response
- touchscreen calibration is not required at all
- it is possible to install the touchscreen in the landscape position as well as in the portrait, and upside down

Controller components

Post has been editedPows - 01.03.19, 23:41

пїЅ 6. Capacitive touchscreen with controller on Arduino Pro Micro or Arduino Nano Ver.4. with two touch multitouch
These descriptions and firmware for the touchscreen controller on the boardPro micro to work with a capacitive touchscreen interface i2C with built-in touchscreen type controller GT911 .
Alsois possible work with other touchscreens on controllers GOODIX Types: GT801 / GT911 / GT927x / GT928.
This controller will not work with other touchscreens.

Circuit controller capacitive touchscreen (Arduino Pro Micro 3.3V8 MHz ) for touchscreens on GOODIX
Attached Image

Circuit controller capacitive touchscreen (Arduino Pro Micro 5V16MHz )
ATTENTION !!! pin numbers on the connector for the cable of the wheelbarrow (FPC-6P) may differ from those indicated on the scheme, the main thing is that the names of the signals of your wheelbarrow match the name
Attached Image
Attached Image

Capacitivetouchscreen with multitouch Two touch with this controller:
- worksNOT at all GU and not on all versions of Android (on Windows 7 it works)
- touchscreen calibration is not required at all
Controller firmware
ATTENTION !!! The controller's circuit, which is inside the firmware, corresponds to the given loop, if you have a pinout of the loop of the wheelbarrow different from the one shown in the figure, correct the connection scheme of the FPC-6P connector for your touch.
signals on the loop
Attached Image

Pro Micro 5V controller firmware16 MHz :

Firmware: touchscreen + Media buttons (volume and player control) 16 MHz
Attached fileTouch_GT911_2T_16M_Media_v201.zip(639.76 KB)

old firmware

Pro Micro 3.3V controller firmware8 MHz :

Firmware ver.205.1: touchscreen + buttons Media + orientation ("album" - "portrait") + encoder + turn off touch + change applications Alt + Tab
Attached fileTouch_GT911_2T_8M_MM_205_1.zip(2.51 MB)

Old firmware

An example of a GT911 controller with a connection cable
Attached Image

Controller components

Thank you so muchzyxel812from the websitehttp://pccar.ru/showthread.php?t=18943for its sources for the resistive touchscreen, on the basis of which the code for this capacitive touchscreen was written.

Post has been editedPows - 04.03.19, 21:13

Rep: (7)
And on the fifth and sixth controller, there is an instruction how to flash the arduin with these firmware?

Rep: (1)
There is such an arduinohttps: //www.aliexpress....4203-9824-0d0050af2a02Firmware will rise without changes?

Jeca58 @ 11.11.17, 09:01*
There is such an arduinohttps: //www.aliexpress....4203-9824-0d0050af2a02Firmware will rise without changes?

The firmware will get up and will work, the only thing that the touch indication may not work (did not check, I do not have one), but as far as I know there are 4 indicators on it, so maybe the display will work

Lehas06 @ 11.11.17, 07:35*
And on the fifth and sixth controller, there is an instruction how to flash the arduin with these firmware?

Instructions on how to flash a Pro Micro 16 MHz / 5V module

Features of the Pro Micro 8 MHz / 3.3 V module firmware there ->

_Attached Image

1. In the archive with the firmware file isBoot32u4.zip - This is a programmer for this module under Windows. Unpack it in a convenient place.
2. In Windows, opendevice Manager and in it COM ports.
3. Connect the modulePro micro to USB port computer and wait for driver installation
4. On boardPro micro short for 1 sec. findings Rst and GND
5. Indevice manager monitor appearance new COM port ... remember his number (the port appears for a few seconds)
6. Run the programmer programmer.Boot32u4.exe

_Attached Image

7. In the program window, selectCOM port defined in clause 5
8. In the program window, selectfirmware file
9. Press the buttonFlash and right away short for 1 sec. findings Rst and GND

everything...

Post has been editedPows - 30.07.18, 21:29

Rep: (1)
If with arduino there is a 3.3 volts output, then the intermediate board-converter will not be needed?

Jeca58 @ 11/14/17, 10:06*
If with arduino there is a 3.3 volts output, then the intermediate board-converter will not be needed?

If the Arduino board has a stabilizer on3.3V and from him powered on CPU ATMega32u4 , the converter board is not needed ...

- but according to the documentation on the microprocessorATMega32u4 at 3.3V power supply, it can operate at a frequency of only 8 MHz, and which quartz is sealed on this board?
if the quartz is there at 16 MHz, then it is not known how the board will operate at 3.3V
- onPro micro 16 MHz quartz.

Rep: (0)
The project still has resistive steering buttons on the pro micro. Tell me, is it possible to combine the sketches of buttons and a wheelbarrow so as not to produce the number of arduins? Is it possible to lay out the hex firmware of the tach in the .ino format so that it can be edited and flashed in the usual way?

Is it possible to lay out the hex firmware of the tach in the .ino format,

I do not know what kind of .ino format ...

Rep: (0)
This is a text format for arduino IDE sketches.

This is a text format for arduino IDE sketches.

this project is not in the arduino IDE environment it is made in Atmel Studio

Rep: (2)
I ordered arduinka .... I will sculpt .... the question is that I have programs for you .... so this will be difficult for me ....

DEMO Firmware to test the performance of MULTI on GU.

In a personal there were questions about whether this multitouch will work on their GU ... how to find out or check it before manufacturing ...

- that's done for the boardPro micro a demo firmware that allows, even without the presence of a touchscreen, to check whether the multitouch can work on any GU or other device ...
- for testing, only a board is requiredPro micro or similar
- sew in chargePro micro attached firmware
- for testing on devices on Android, install a program on a device for exampleMultiTouch Tester from playlist
- for testing underWindows you can use for example the attached program MTouch-test-app.exe

For testing ,
- run the testing program on the device and connect the stitched boardPro micro to USB port ...
- in the program window to observe the movements of two touchscreen emulation points ...

Pro Micro Firmware16 MHz only: Attached fileMultiTouch_2T_Demo.zip (39.37 KB)

Windows multitouch testing program:Attached filemtouch-test-app.zip(9.98 MB)

Type of Octa program under Windows
Attached Image

Post has been editedPows - 11.09.18, 09:11

Rep: (2)
PauS @ 12.11.17, 21:16*
- there are drivers for Android, but they can only be built into the kernel, which is problematic for most users

and this option .....? How to put firewood in the core? Any instructions?

lambo-76 @ 12/31/17, 12:14*
and this option .....? How to put firewood in the core? Any instructions?

I wrote there:
lambo-76 @ 12/31/17, 12:14*
problematic for most users

- and if you don’t know how to do it, then it’s not for you ... and don’t waste time on it ...
- and why did you choose the worst option of all those described?

You better describe what you specifically need? maybe someone will tell ...

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06.25.19, 04:31