Chuwi CoreBook - Discussion | [notebook] Windows | 13.3 "| Intel® Core ™ m3-7Y30 | 6GB RAM

Rep: (224)
Chuwi CoreBook - Discussion � | Description | Buying and Accessories �
notebook | Windows | 13.3 "| Intel® Core ™ m3-7Y30 | 8GB

Attached Image

Specifications
1. Windows 10 HOME
2. Screen 13.3 "AH-IPS (presumably) 1920x1080 The matrix is ​​covered with an additional layer of glass using OGS 2.5D technology. Up to 10 touches.
3. Intel® Core ™ m3-7Y30 1.0GHz processor, up to 2.6GHz, the seventh generation TDP 7Watt (passive cooling).
4. Intel HD Graphics 615
5. RAM 8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz (maximum RAM 8GB, soldered)
6. SSD 128GB M.2 SATA3
7. Battery (7.6V / 9600mAh approximately) 37Wh, Li-ion polymer, memory 100-240V 12V 3A support for fast charging.
8. Wi-Fi 802.11 b / g / n / ac 2.4 + 5 GHz
9. Bluetooth 4.0
10. USB Type-Cx1, Micro-USBx1,MicroHDMIx1(the manufacturer did not declare video output), Jack 3.5, two microphones, microSDXC slot
11. Dimensions and weights 315.00 x 211.00 x 8.5 mm, 1046 grams (Without keyboard) and 1676 grams with keyboard.
12. Body material polycarbonate + aluminum
13. Web camera 2.0 mpx, main camera 5mpx
14. Keyboard ENG
15. Fingerprint scanner with Windows Hello support
16. Sensors: accelerometer, light sensor, magnetic sensor, fingerprint scanner
17. Pen input support, 1024 touch force levels
additional information
Not yet
Additional Images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Useful information

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, contact the author of the topic in QMS (personal message) or to the section moderators via the buttonA complaintunder the messages. How to do it right, what would you understand the first time, well describedhere.

Post has been editedstp101 - 01.07.19, 12:44
Reason for editing: Where to order a new keyboard for Chuwi Corebook

Rep: (13)
* tidivi

I came across AliCube knote 8now I’m racking my brains what to choose, corebook or knote 8, in knote 8 they write that like the mix has a lot of heat, but it’s possible to make a thermo mode with copper tubes, now I don’t know what to do

Photo of a completed thermal mod. Results: 55 degrees in stock, 65 degrees when unlocking tdp to 13 watts
Attached Image
Attached Image

the quality of the insides is not bad

Post has been editedAnton Neki - 05.08.18, 15:38
Reason for editing: missed name

Rep: (0)
The device came.
I ordered through indigo.

1. From horseradish - a white spot on the screen. Either frozen pixels, or the air was let into a plastic shell. Now I don’t know what to treat.
2. Even from a shitty, but tolerable one, a film is glued directly from the box, but it is glued poorly and crookedly, with bubbles above the touch button and camera.
3. Of course, it does not pull on a tablet - it’s very heavy, but like a laptop with a detachable keyboard of norms.

On hand is a second lenovo yoga with wines 10, 2 GB of RAM and an atom. Sense / Yoga Comparison:
+ celeron - processor, atom - underprocessor, never take Windows on the atom. In this regard, chuv with its process does not lag when switching between programs, and yoga is still like.
+ the tenth Windows does not live well on 2GB of RAM, in this regard, 8GB per chuv is a very, very good amount, Windows runs.
+ emmc drive on yoga and SSD on chuv. Emmc is again a substandard. If you have everything else iron standards, but the drive emmc, its speed will kill all the impression of the system. Everything will slow down. In this regard, an SSD drive for Chuv is great.

Summarizing the pros. Chuvi has the minimum necessary set of components for WORK in Windows 10, and not for contemplating a slide show in the same system.

+/- 13 inches and weight more than a kilogram is still not a tablet. You won’t hold it with your hand, you won’t put it in your handbag, only in a backpack. Do you need this - everyone decides for himself.

- no 3G / 4G - there is yoga. Clamped. Because of thisevening ceases to be languidthe tablet ceases to be mobile - to walk around at home, or to take distribution from the phone, which will be horrified and will quickly discharge.
- fig assembly. Already said. But there are no competitors .. I haven’t earned so much on the surface, with preproductors, duties and other jokes.

I enclose pictures with jambs - a spot on the screen and a poorly glued film around the camera

Posted on 08/05/2018, 18:21:

The device came.

1. From horseradish - a white spot on the screen. Either frozen pixels, or the air was let into a plastic shell. Now I don’t know what to treat.
2. Even from a shitty, but tolerable one, a film is glued directly from the box, but it is glued poorly and crookedly, with bubbles above the touch button and camera.
3. Of course, it does not pull on a tablet - it’s very heavy, but like a laptop with a detachable keyboard of norms.

On hand is a second lenovo yoga with wines 10, 2 GB of RAM and an atom. Sense / Yoga Comparison:
+ celeron - processor, atom - underprocessor, never take Windows on the atom. In this regard, chuv with its process does not lag when switching between programs, and yoga is still like.
+ the tenth Windows does not live well on 2GB of RAM, in this regard, 8GB per chuv is a very, very good amount, Windows runs.
+ emmc drive on yoga and SSD on chuv. Emmc is again a substandard. If you have everything else iron standards, but the drive emmc, its speed will kill all the impression of the system. Everything will slow down. In this regard, an SSD drive for Chuv is great.

Summarizing the pros. Chuvi has the minimum necessary set of components for WORK in Windows 10, and not for contemplating a slide show in the same system.

+/- 13 inches and weight more than a kilogram is still not a tablet. You won’t hold it with your hand, you won’t put it in your handbag, only in a backpack. Do you need this - everyone decides for himself.

- no 3G / 4G - there is yoga. Clamped. Because of thisevening ceases to be languidthe tablet ceases to be mobile - to walk around at home, or to take distribution from the phone, which will be horrified and will quickly discharge.
- fig assembly. Already said. But there are no competitors .. I haven’t earned so much on the surface, with preproductors, duties and other jokes.

I enclose pictures with jambs - a spot on the screen and a poorly glued film around the camera

Posted on 08/05/2018, 18:23:

The device came.

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Rep: (1)
* Anton Neki ,
In principle, they are one and the same, take what the soul lies to. If you are not too lazy to bother with the mod

Posted on 08/06/2018, 09:13:

* namelessoneru ,
A white spot at the top of the screen under the glass?

* Anton Neki ,
Well, there is no stylus, for me a big minus

Namelessoneru @ 08/05/2018, 18:20*
The device came.

Posted on 08/05/2018, 18:21:

The device came.

Posted on 08/05/2018, 18:23:

The device came.

With the film, it’s really not good with them. I already took it off because I got it, without an oleophobic and generally spoils the picture.
The bad news is that there is also no oleophobic coating on the glass of the screen, it is not known what kind of glass it is or how scratch-resistant it is.
The issue of accessories is still open, the cover-keyboard does not look very durable, although it works nicely for your money for an apparatus with a stylus and this cover-keyboard.

ProxyNick @ 08/06/18, 13:23*
With the film, it’s really not good with them. I already took it off because I got it, without an oleophobic and generally spoils the picture.
The bad news is that there is also no oleophobic coating on the glass of the screen, it is not known what kind of glass it is or how scratch-resistant it is.
The issue of accessories is still open, the cover-keyboard does not look very durable, although it works nicely for your money for an apparatus with a stylus and this cover-keyboard.

Eeeh, I also want to remove the film, but I'm very much afraid that over time, the keyboard buttons will be printed on the screen.
And such a feeling rarely happens, of course, but it does happen that due to the film, the accuracy of the hit is reduced. And it happens that I poke on one link, and the other works, which is next to a couple of centimeters from the place where I click. Or maybe just a screen glitch.
A keyboard case, with constant use and dragging with you in a bag, I also think that it will quickly lose its original appearance, but for such a price tag, it is not critical: rolleyes: Moreover, the Chinese sent me by mistake with a stylus: blush:

The people here an official representative answered me !!!
What type of tablet Corebook discontinued
Attached Image

Anton Neky @ 08/08/18, 18:06*
The people here an official representative answered me !!!
What type of tablet Corebook discontinued

Ha, cool, he died before he was born ....

Rep: (18)
Anton Neky @ 08/06/18, 20:06*
Corebook discontinued

Here you go! The competition is apparently great and Chuwi realized that a lot of money on the device can not be cut down. The users will remain only those who bought on crowdfunding, and this is only about 2000 pcs.

Of the pluses - it works quickly, but not an atom. The screen is large and not bad in normal operation (if you don’t bother with the unevenness - with highlights - with black)

Of the minuses - heavy, do not really blaspheme. I decided that 13.3 inches for portability of the device is overkill. Now I'm looking at some kind of ultrabook, 12 inches, maybe on the Core m3-7Y30.
I'm going to give the Corebook to my daughter, because together with a stylus, the tablet may be good for her graphics.
The disadvantage is that you need to carry adapters for yusby (either otg or type-c hub).

Anton Nekiy, I won’t tell you about taking a Cube Knote 8, it also seems to me that this seems like a close thing. In Corebook, too, the cooling is so-so - if you load the processor too much, it’s better to somehow collective farm.

Ksati, thanks for the tip, I ordered pyrolytic graphite sheet (PGS), I think with their help to remove heat from the cooling plate on the processor to the metal case of the tablet. PGS are thin and therefore in themselves have a low thermal capacity. They are rational to use for heat dissipation due to a large area, or for heat removal to other massive, heat-consuming structures.

Damn, I was waiting for tough battles, dispersals, GTA 5 on the tablet, and then baldares! Sorry Xioami will not make a normal tablet on Windows

* Temtyomich ,
The audience is not the same: D

Rep: (66)
And you don’t hear anything about the charging reliability of this transformer?
And then about Hi13 there are a lot of reviews about the burnout of the charge controller, either due to the loosening of the connector, or because of the lousiness of the native charger.

Rep: (2212)
Interestingly, I’m thinking of how to replace my T300la asus, only this one and Cube Knote 8 come to mind.

For myself, I outlined the advantages of this tablet:
1. Optional microusb port. The thing is necessary, but here in my asus the usb port is full, it would be even better.
2. The FHD screen is possible and a plus, because the video accelerator should be easier than on the cube - there is a 2k screen.
3. The fingerprint scanner is a useful thing, but I personally do not use it.
4. The pressure levels of the pen are 1024 versus 256 for the cube.
A strange decision - when the tablet is in the dock, the ports and the card reader are on top?
Those. all the connected brothers will gracefully hang around on top of the tablet ...
And charging will occupy usb type c port?

Cube Pros:
1. A more capacious 256GB disk, faster memory.
2. Higher screen resolution - it's hard to say how it is plus or minus.
3. Keyboard backlight.
4. Already there are owners with a modernized CO and unlocked tdp up to 13W. In general, the bios is quite large there, there are a lot of settings.
5. Well, the tablet stand is ala surface.
Bold minus - there is only one connection port. You have to drag a bunch of adapters or a mini-hub.

Because I have been actively using the tablet for 4.5 years, I have both a working and home computer, it’s already used to its weight of 1.1 kg, I put it on my hand if I need to operate it on my weight or on my knees, as I am writing this text now. The tablet is always operated in a case, which also weighs something.
At work, he stands in the dock also in a case. Some super heat from the case was not noticed, although, of course, a tablet with a fan.

I wanted to clarify a few more details:
1. Does the memory work in dual channel mode? Can I take screenshots of cpu-z?
2. Have you tried a stylus? Really supports 1024 touches?
3. Does the keyboard have a regular touch or with gesture support?
4. Is there a case for the tablet part?
5. Can I call ssd?
6. When disassembling, were any unused connectors on the motherboard noticed?
7. Does usb type c support thunderbolt 3?

Well, the tests would be 3Dmark 06 and 11.
Thanks in advance for any answers.

Post has been editedJohnny P - 19.08.18, 21:28

* Johnny P discontinued

Rep: (2212)
Anton Nekoy @ 08.20.18, 10:47 p.m.*
Johnny P, discontinued

And then what is it? Do you always buy the equipment that is currently being produced?
I am more interested in the consumer properties of the product that I need.
Moreover, there is nothing to compare.

* Johnny P , I buy equipment for which there is an extra. accessories such as safety glass, case, spare parts, etc. etc., if you are satisfied that there is nothing on him and will not appear, since he was discontinued, then this is of course your business)

Posted on 08/21/2018, 10:41:

* Johnny P , this tablet didn’t have time to appear as it was removed from production and this is already very strange, they didn’t even let it go into mass production, and this is a problem not only with dopas but also with finding solutions to some problems on the same forum, for me 30k is money , then you decide ...

When you press the Fn button, Shift and Ctrl stop working.
That is, pressing Shift + End, for example, does not work, because end is Fn + the right arrow. Has anyone solved the problem?

Rep: (20)
Maybe someone will come in handy:
After the last update of Windows to build 17134.345, version 1803 on the Chuwi Corebook lost sound, and the device appeared to be an inoperative device Intel HD Audio
Intel driver update hasn’t changed anything
Solution: Control panel - Hardware and sound - Device manager - Intel HD Audio - update the driver - Search for drivers on this computer - Select a driver from the list of available - manufacturer Realtek - Realtek HD Audio - Install

Rep: (42)
Nik.mr @ 10/11/18, 2:30 p.m.*
manufacturer Realtek

I was just about to write SOS, but here is the solution. + to karma)

Post has been editedbedas - 11.10.18, 19:49

News from the fields. Well, what can I say, sooner or later, I would still have to climb inside. So far, just to see.
He started to warm up to 90.
The bluetooth has disappeared. In the device manager it is displayed as available, while the manager is updated every 3 seconds. Disconnected the device - it stopped updating. Reinstalling the drivers did not help.
He opened it with a card, but in order to put it in and not bend the back cover, you need a very durable thin plastic ... spatula. After entering the card into the slot, he led along the perimeter - more or less normally all the locks open and the cover is removed, nothing is attached to it.

The feeder is disconnected at the bottom left. The huge layer of thermal paste has been replaced with a thin layer. After applying copper, it became clear that this was not casual - copper does not touch the crystal at all. By pressing, the gap is about 0.5 mm. He made pasta again - do not worry about mom.
I picked out the glued connectors of the wireless adapter, crammed it back. Just at random.

First, after turning on the screen did not light up, although it was clear from the squeaks that everything seemed to work. It lit up and booted up after only half a minute. Apparently some kind of matteyans after disconnecting the battery.

Miracle, the bluetooth is back. The temperature got worse, under a load of a hundred. We must climb again, sculpt a gasket or a copper tablet, in general, to solve the problem with a giant air gap.

After assembly, the screen began to flash periodically with a black screen. Although now, while writing a post, I did not blink once, I pray. In Windows, before that, it blinked for about five minutes.

If it were my will, I would not have taken this tablet, of course.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/13/19, 09:01