Mecool M8S Pro W [Android] | [TV Box] [Amlogic S905W]

Rep: (297)
DiscussionMecool M8S Pro W
Tv box AMLogic S905w
Discussion пїЅ

• To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

On sale, now appeared MECOOL M8S PRO W 2 nd revision. This prefix:
Cobra111111 @ 05.12.18, 14:30*
"cheapened, corrupted, with cheap flash memory"
Not recommended for purchase

Specifications
SoC - Amlogic S905W quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 @ processor up to 1.5 GHz with a five-core 750 MHz Mali-450MP graphics processor
System memory - 2 GB DDR3
Storage - 16 GB eMMC flash memory + micro SD cards up to 32 GB
Video and audio output - HDMI 2.0a output with HDR, AV port (composite + stereo audio)
Decoder format: H.265, RealVideo 8/9/10, Xvid / DivX3 / 4/5/6
Video Format: H.264,3GP, AVI, DIVX, FLV, M4V, MKV, MP4, MPEG2, MPEG4, RM, RMVB, VC-1, VOB, WMV
Audio Format: AAC, APE, FLAC, M4A, OGG, WAV, WMA
Photo Format: BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF
Connectivity - 10 / 100M Ethernet, Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz 802.11 b / g / n(without Bluetooth)
USB - 2 USB 2.0 ports: 1x host, 1x device (OTG?)
Miscellaneous - IR receiver, IR expansion port
Power supply - 5V / 2A
Dimensions - (L x W x H): 120 x 120 x 21 mm
Complete set: 1 x Mecool M8S Pro W TV box, 1 x HDMI cable, 1 x remote control, 1 x power supply, 1 x instruction in English.

A photo
Overview
Firmware
For the M8S_W_REV2.0 board with the firmware version v0213, most of the firmware from the header does not fit. For these boxes, use firmware, in the name of which there is "REV2.0" or "v0213".
Boxes with blue board where24MHz quartz is not decoupled from a wifi chipon assembly number 2hang hard when you turn on Wifi. Owners of such boxes are advised to stay on stock, or to sew firmware dated 10/30/2017.
For firmware from PC
For firmware with microSD
Custom Backups
LibreELEC Alexelec
Useful
Scattering
Other

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedvadvik84 - 25.07.19, 08:34
Reason for editing: / Other / EXPERIENCE with ATV-box M8SPro PLUS (blue card M8S_W_BT_V2.0) with bluetooth

Rep: (14)
Mr-Manson @ 03/11/19, 11:12*
mavelart,
I would have an android tv. )))

In the next topic, X96mini was given, I myself have not tried it yet, away. Download IMG install via PC UBT.
https: //drive.google.c....5rd7/view? usp = drivesdk

Rep: (63)
* zheckan
yes i want to flashthis firmware with all sorts of goodies. I do not need stock)

Rep: (3)
* Mr-Manson , this is not ATV, there will be no voice search

Posted on 03/11/2019, 15:15:

* Mr-Manson but would advise this TV Box X96 Mini - Firmware Android 7.1.2 (Post immortal_777 # 82967732)

Posted on 03/11/2019, 15:17:

* Mr-Manson , only for setup will need a wireless mouse

* mavelart,
And I don’t need a voice search - I have a console with a simple remote control and the mouse is wireless. Install the same via PC?

Rep: (3)
* Mr-Manson , Mecool M8S Pro W [Android] (Post Cobra111111 # 79665137) then put this

Rep: (13)
POISONATV 03/11/2018

Based on firmware
Tanix - Recovery Installed
firmware - Added OTA application - Added
Zoomtak Box Support - Added
camera support capability - Black
white topic -
A few small settings to increase speed -
Updated Google Apps -
Improper use of Magisk if necessary

FIRMWARE DOWNLOAD

Rep: (67)
* Black_Poison ,

You can photo from this firmware
I want to add e and what kind of android is there

Post has been editedWOLFMANIA - 11.03.19, 22:48
Reason for editing: V8

Mavelart @ 03/11/19, 17:14*
then put this

so I said something about her above. but you advised another and now this one. so then what to put? I'm already confused o.O

Mr-Manson @ 03/12/19, 12:39*
I'm already confused
You yourself have confused yourself, you wanted ATV firmware, then a “voice” is not needed, but “buns” are needed, etc.
But in fact there is no ATV firmware with buns for 213 board.
There is stock ATV and there is firmware from Cobra111111 with "buns" but on AOSP.
So get confused especially and not where.

Post has been editedvadvik84 - 12.03.19, 14:02

Rep: (2)
Is there a way to change the "compatibility" of applications in Google Market?
and then not a single browser and a bunch of other ones are compatible, viewers, it is necessary to manually install.

Dast @ 03/12/19, 16:49*
Is there a way to change the "compatibility" of applications in Google Market?
Not.
After all, this is logical. If the application is not compatible with ATV, why add it. If compatible, then it is in the market.
There is still a misunderstanding here: certified ATV consoles do not have cursor control functions on the remote control, like universal remotes with a microphone, so launching applications that are not adapted for ATV on them initially makes it impossible to use this application.
In the case of this prefix, in order not to bother with the agro-industrial complex, you can set the aptoid.

Post has been editedvadvik84 - 13.03.19, 05:38

Rep: (2)
chrome is not compatible and is not available through the market. installed otherwise, it works, and in principle came in handy.

the remote control is certainly not good, although there is a version of exactly the same but with an air mouse - I'm going to buy it. So far, only an ordinary mouse.

I will install aptoid.

Post has been editeddast - 12.03.19, 15:11

Rep: (13)
WOLFMANIA @ 03/11/19, 10:47 p.m.*

: unsure:
Appearance of POISONATV

Rep: (0)
I took the package from Alik, and now what to do? how to explain the mother-in-law that she needs to install some other firmware)

Attached images
Attached Image

Rep: (1116)
* Kokosabrikos , I didn’t do anything with this prefix (I bought the only wireless mouse). I took it cleanly for watching TV, it works. So put the application you like to watch TV and you just have to explain how to switch programs: rolleyes:

* vvf43 , if everything is so, then this is space), otherwise you pay money and you need to shaman over the prefix, what for you need such a crap!

* Kokosabrikos,
Well, when after a couple of hours of work artifacts slip through or lags start and the Wi-Fi falls off then you also want to flash it))) I just want to flash it myself because of this.

* Mr-Manson So then the meaning of this prefix? She that can’t work stably without failures? I will not put anything on YouTube and television anymore, especially since the TV is 24 diagonals, I set 720p by default, I think it should work without artifacts

Hello, I bought a prefix, all the rules work and hung only once, but sometimes some sounds like a click or a few times quietly or once loudly I don’t understand why. Tell me, can you come across such a topic, is it worth updating the firmware or upgrading it to another?

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedmarator666 - 12.03.19, 21:48
Reason for editing: Errors in the text

Now I have discovered how this sometimes happens, when I switch the player in the MX player, I switch the hw dekoder decoder to hw + decoder and sometimes it just happens when the application or settings are very similar to sound when you turn on the speakers from power and it makes a loud pop)

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/07/19, 00:48