Help determine the choice

Rep: (512)
This topic was created specifically to help people who do not know exactly what device they need.

If you want to help you with the choice of device as quickly and efficiently, be sure to include the following information:

1) What is the device for (reading books, calls, watching movies, internet, navigation, music, etc.). Write everything that you intend to use, if you do not know what you need, or this is your first device, familiarize yourself with the Basic features of portable devices:
Key features of portable devices
The main features of portable devices (the answer to the question, why do you buy not just a phone for yourself):
- Making calls (including video calls) through the network of the cellular operator. Ability to record telephone conversations;
- Exchange text and multimedia messaging (SMS, MMS) through the network of the cellular operator;
- Reading electronic books and documents;
-Photographing and recording video;
-Navigation: compass, interactive maps, location and routing (by ground and metro);
-View: previously downloaded videos and movies of any format, as well as streaming video over the Internet or from the network with the ability to output to an external display device;
- Listening to previously downloaded music of any format, as well as streaming music through the Internet or from the network with the ability to output sound to an external device;
-Viewing websites (in the full format with support for flash, Java and other languages)
-Access to the Internet through the network of the cellular operator and Wi-Fi and all the resulting opportunities;
-VoIP or IP-telephony - voice and video communication via the Internet (skype, sip);
-Communication:
- instant messaging services via the Internet, such as ICQ, whatsup, Jabber, etc;
- social networks;
Work with office documents (text files, tables and databases, presentations);
-Email;
-Notes: text, voice (voice recorder), etc .;
-Dictionaries and translators;
-USB-drive information;
- Reading and writing to external USB-drives;
-The use of training and sports programs, specialized engineering, medical and other applications;
-Listening FM radio;
- Scheduler and alarm clock;
-Calculator;
-Stopwatch;
- Distribution of Internet access (obtained by means of the cellular operator’s network) to other devices via Wi-Fi, USB and Bluetooth (software Wi-Fi access point, USB modem, Bluetooth modem);
-Fm transmitter;
-Torch;
-Games and fun.

2) Approximate diagonal device
3) Country of purchase, the possibility of buying abroad
4) Purchase budget! (It is the budget, in figures, and not the “budget device or cheaper,” everyone has a different concept of budget).
5) Additional functions that the purchased device should have, only if you intend to use them, do not take "to be". For example, the presence of a front camera, NFC, memory card or other characteristics. If you do not plan to use these functions or do not know whether you need them or not, you do not need to write about them, or ask if they are necessary for your tasks.
If you choose the best candidate for purchasing two or more specific devices, it is also worth pointing out the selection criteria (including the budget), and not just what models you choose from.
If the above conditions, for any reason, are not met, I reserve the right to delete non-informative messages, since they lead to littering the topic with leading questions from members of the forum who are trying to help you in choosing. Correctly asked question is half the answer!

Attached Image FAQ on the Selection and Comparison of Portable Devices
Attached Image Buying devices

Attached Image FAQ on buying portable devices abroad
Attached Image How to choose a tablet?

Topics Curator - John666
(The curator is the representative of the forum administration!)

Post has been editedJohn666 - 13.04.19, 19:32
Reason for editing: addition to the selection criteria.

Rep: (18)
* Romcher , Leeco Cool1, even cheaper

Rep: (3)
* Romcher , note 4x

Rep: (73)
The Internet.
Advise a tablet that does not break in a year, the characteristics below.
1)screen is not important at least 4 inches TN resistive 480r because ...
2)HDMI availability port (mini / full size is not important)
3)barathea even the dead not important because it will live at the outlet.
4)3g availability
plans for it urozetkovogo existence as a "system unit" for the TV, will be connected by otg mouse with a keyboard (I hope the hub pulls)

Post has been editedEleman - 11.03.19, 14:58

Rep: (0)
Dongamer @ 03/11/19 16:16*
Romcher, note 4x

Ma1kkos @ 03/11/19, 16:15*
Romcher, Leeco Cool1, even cheaper

And MI A2 Lite?

Rep: (2)
Looking for a budget phone with a good camera. 5.5 ". Now there is honor 5x (telephony burnt out). In principle, it fits, but it’s too old a model.
Refinement by price. Budget up to $ 250. Honor 5X costs about $ 210 (in my region). There is a good Honor 10 Lite, with a good camera, but the size is wildly large.

Post has been editedSkillyr - 11.03.19, 16:29

Rep: (-2)
* evalba , found s9 on snapdragone. 8 iphone on camera, acb how ??

Rep: (63)
* Vanek1922 , the snap will be better. A good camera, but if you need autonomy, then the plus version is better.

* evalba iPhone 8 is worse? His screen is not amold, better

Vanek1922 @ 03.11.19, 21:30*
why is iphone 8 worse? His screen is not amold, better
I'm not saying that the iPhone is worse, I go with it myself. A amold or ips matter of taste. It is better to approach this issue not from the side of iron, since both devices are good, but from the side of the OS. What is more convenient for you, then take it.

* evalba , iOS never used. Only android, was samsung s4. Terribly buggy, hanging. A bunch of times the dump did.
Now huawei nova, also an android, periodically freezes, the camera is pixel

* Vanek1922 , if you want to try something new, take an iPhone. In any case, both devices will not disappoint.

* evalba , according to camera reviews, Samsung wins, but for a significant minus the amold screen. The camera is one of the main points along with acb

Rep: (27)
In the next topic I asked about the selection, but I realized that there was no point in looking for something cheap on Ali, because “local sellers” “captured” the entire market including major Chinese brands and the price no longer seems as sweet as before ... And then what is "on the shelves" with the optimal price, under the guise of a local manufacturer, is a product of a very sad quality ...

And yet, what to choose:
The main thing is smart with NSF and fingerprint, preferably not large and the charge is not half a day. Prices in the range of 5-8 tr ...
From the reviews, I liked Nokia 5 and 3.1 plus, is the question worth 3.1 overpayments in 2000 (there are not definite reviews on the forum)? Or are there any other options?

Ps
So I did not understand, is helio p22 worse in the consumption of Shapdrag 430?
In the reviews they write is configured worse, on the forum everyone is delighted with its autonomy.

Rep: (308)
I think here is it worth changing 1 + 5t 8/128 to pixel 2xl 128 gig? Surcharge will be a couple of thousand. As I understood from the reviews in the pixel, there is nothing really special about it that it would greatly rise above 1+. The camera is just that ..

Rep: (28)
* berkyt87 , they answered themselves) If you need a camera so much then change

Rep: (18)
* berkyt87 , the camera on the layer from the pixel ..... and I would not change! Better reservoir will not be!

Hello. Thinking about buying a tv box on android tv. Requirements are small videos full HD, YouTube, movies and serials, well, maybe IPTs sometimes. Up to 100 American rubles. Who in the subject, give advice, pliz.

Rep: (3)
* ant09 mi box 3s

Hello. Help with a choice. We need a good smartphone, a budget of up to 14k. Required: nfc, good screen up to 6 inches, performance margin for a year or two in advance (not on toys, but simply everyday attachments), a capacious battery, work on 4g networks. Desirable: a good camera, small size, fast charging. Now the choice has stopped on zte blade v9 and asus zenfone max pro m1. Both in versions 4/64. Between them, too, can not be determined. I ask your advice

Rep: (245)
* Pan40,

Take asus, zte does not have a safety margin for future performance.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07.22.19, 05:49