Help determine the choice

Rep: (512)
This topic was created specifically to help people who do not know exactly what device they need.

If you want to help you with the choice of device as quickly and efficiently, be sure to include the following information:

1) What is the device for (reading books, calls, watching movies, internet, navigation, music, etc.). Write everything that you intend to use, if you do not know what you need, or this is your first device, familiarize yourself with the Basic features of portable devices:
Key features of portable devices
The main features of portable devices (the answer to the question, why do you buy not just a phone for yourself):
- Making calls (including video calls) through the network of the cellular operator. Ability to record telephone conversations;
- Exchange text and multimedia messaging (SMS, MMS) through the network of the cellular operator;
- Reading electronic books and documents;
-Photographing and recording video;
-Navigation: compass, interactive maps, location and routing (by ground and metro);
-View: previously downloaded videos and movies of any format, as well as streaming video over the Internet or from the network with the ability to output to an external display device;
- Listening to previously downloaded music of any format, as well as streaming music through the Internet or from the network with the ability to output sound to an external device;
-Viewing websites (in the full format with support for flash, Java and other languages)
-Access to the Internet through the network of the cellular operator and Wi-Fi and all the resulting opportunities;
-VoIP or IP-telephony - voice and video communication via the Internet (skype, sip);
-Communication:
- instant messaging services via the Internet, such as ICQ, whatsup, Jabber, etc;
- social networks;
Work with office documents (text files, tables and databases, presentations);
-Email;
-Notes: text, voice (voice recorder), etc .;
-Dictionaries and translators;
-USB-drive information;
- Reading and writing to external USB-drives;
-The use of training and sports programs, specialized engineering, medical and other applications;
-Listening FM radio;
- Scheduler and alarm clock;
-Calculator;
-Stopwatch;
- Distribution of Internet access (obtained by means of the cellular operator’s network) to other devices via Wi-Fi, USB and Bluetooth (software Wi-Fi access point, USB modem, Bluetooth modem);
-Fm transmitter;
-Torch;
-Games and fun.

2) Approximate diagonal device
3) Country of purchase, the possibility of buying abroad
4) Purchase budget! (It is the budget, in figures, and not the “budget device or cheaper,” everyone has a different concept of budget).
5) Additional functions that the purchased device should have, only if you intend to use them, do not take "to be". For example, the presence of a front camera, NFC, memory card or other characteristics. If you do not plan to use these functions or do not know whether you need them or not, you do not need to write about them, or ask if they are necessary for your tasks.
If you choose the best candidate for purchasing two or more specific devices, it is also worth pointing out the selection criteria (including the budget), and not just what models you choose from.
If the above conditions, for any reason, are not met, I reserve the right to delete non-informative messages, since they lead to littering the topic with leading questions from members of the forum who are trying to help you in choosing. Correctly asked question is half the answer!

Attached Image FAQ on the Selection and Comparison of Portable Devices
Attached Image Buying devices

Attached Image FAQ on buying portable devices abroad
Attached Image How to choose a tablet?

Topics Curator - John666
(The curator is the representative of the forum administration!)

Post has been editedJohn666 - 13.04.19, 19:32
Reason for editing: addition to the selection criteria.

Rep: (0)
help me choose a device ...... the main selection criteria so that the connection is kept at 100% and in nete it was possible to climb humanly well, and by itself so that the beast was not buggy. GPS is optional.

Rep: (223)
Prickly @ 09/01/08 12:17:44
the main selection criteria so that the connection is kept at 100% and in the net it was possible to climb humanly and of course so that the beast was not buggy.

Choose from NTS for the price.

Tractor driver @ 09/01/08 01:40:16
prickly, 09/01/08 12:17:44
the main selection criteria so that the connection is kept at 100% and in the net it was possible to climb humanly and of course so that the beast was not buggy.

Choose from NTS for the price.

Will this HTC P3470 animal give me what I need?

Prickly @ 09/01/08 12:56:17
Will this HTC P3470 animal give me what I need?

Probably. It is best to read the thread about this device here on the forum about possible malfunctions.

Hello. I decided to change my car, but I can not decide on the model. I would like it to be as functional as possible, hold the battery well, not very large, have large memory, support cards from 4 and above, a navigator is built in, and much more.
if anyone knows such models, tell me. the price does not matter. thank you in advance

Kalyvan I look in the profile of the Samsung I710. You can try the followers - I740 or I900.

Tractor driver, 09/02/08 07:26:57
Kalyvan I look in the profile of the Samsung I710. You can try the followers - I740 or I900.

I'm just Samsung VERY not satisfied !! and once burned and that's it, then you need to change!

Kalyvan ,
HTC Touch Diamond + can be enhanced battery.

Kalyvan ,
With a reservation, Diamond does not have a card slot. There is 4 GB built-in. :)

I choose my first PDA ... Can anyone help with the choice? In general, what is required: I do not want to take a communicator, because I do not need a phone (and so it is). Therefore, I want to spend the money that would go to the "built-in" phone for the power of the PDA itself - more percent, operative, and so on. I think to take a PDA with Win mobile 6, because it’s newer. Wi-fi is desirable.

In general, I'm going to take a PDA for editing / typing sources. If anyone knows, share your experience - conveniently? Can you advise what?

Rep: (32)
Occulta ,
Take a look at the new HP 114 and 214 line
Those. characteristics 114
Those. characteristics 214
still there is dell and fudzhik, but they are already laid off .... :(
I use the Toshiba G900 myself and I'm very happy :): wink_kind:

Occulta @ 09/02/08 21:15:33
In general, I'm going to take a PDA for editing / typing sources

For these purposes, I would take a netbook (subnote). Type Asus EeePC. It will be much more convenient than poking with a stylus. :)

Yes there is no dialing, there is more likely to think more - I have already tried with a stylus in principle - it’s convenient. Friends have. What I appreciate in the CCP is mobility. But the laptop ... Dragging along with you - hemorrhagic and stupid, but on the PDA I even succeeded on the go! : wink_kind: In short, I want a PDA precisely because I can pull it out anywhere at any time. Here.

Occulta , I’m not talking about laptops, I'm talking about subnotes, they’re very man-made. :) For example, Its size, like almost 2 PDAs.

Rep: (2)
Please tell me, they sell for 5 thousand heredevice
Is it worth taking? pluses, mynuses?

Tractor driver, just subnote also needs to be laid out. Plus do they seem to be more expensive? But thanks for the idea. I'll think about it ...
Vzcjsp1922, damn it, thank you very much! HP iPAQ 214 Enterprise Handheld - basically what I need! Of course I’ll think about it, but so far the best option)

Vovanwildbees @ 09/03/08 16:21:36
Worth taking?
No, not worth it.

Occulta @ 09/03/08 20:17:22
Plus do they seem to be more expensive?
Prices are similar, you can see the model in Yandex.

Vovanwildbees @ 09/04/08 09:20:51
Said it suddenly and bluntly

Og. :) I have a girl acquaintance acquired it. He began to fall asleep, was treated with a rezet. Bluetooth 1.2 is very weak, it downloads files for a long time. EDGE is not present. In short, exchanged for the same, I thought the new one would be better, hell !, the same malfunctions repeated. In short, full - "not ice!"

I need a baht gift for 50 years, I want something fashionable and preferably with GPS. So far I have looked only at Diamond, but there seems to be a battery with a battery. I haven’t monitored the communicators for a long time, I can’t quickly get it, I gave him a Nokia 8800, but secondly I can say that there is no battery. I decided to fundamentally change direction and take a communicator with navigation, let it show off. Or maybe the Eten Glofiish V900? Help the people.

Shved.US @ 09/05/08 13:25:29
Tell me from the above, what do you think will be the best choice?

IMHO, Toshiba G900.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/09/19, 10:10