> Attention!

Dear forum users, before creating a topic, please familiarize yourself withCatalog of discussion topics and FAQs.

HP iPAQ rx1950 - Discussion | What he really is

Rep: (636)
DiscussionHP iPAQ rx1950-rx1955
Description | Discussion пїЅ | FAQ пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ | FAQ on firmware пїЅ | Linux пїЅ

Before asking a question, be sure to readHP iPAQ rx1950-rx1955 FAQ, Windows Mobile FAQ, Registry tweaksand take advantagesearch by topicdiscussion. Save your and other people's time. Questions that are repeated in the FAQ can trigger a read-only mode. | how to search | terms and jargon
Gentlemencontact the profile topics listed in this message. If youlooking for a program, contactsearch for programs

Utility

Dear users, be mutually polite,say "thank you" by increasing your reputation ( Picture) If you do not have 15 more useful posts, ask to raise your reputation by pressing the buttonPictureunder the message of the one who helped you.

Post has been editedpaladin7 - 28.09.10, 20:12

Rep: (1)
Hello! I just want to buy hp rx1950 rus one of these days I would like to hear opinions about him, what he is good for and what he can do. Thanks in advance.

Rep: (47)
I'm going to buy. The model seems to be excellent, considering the cost thereof (about 240 bucks, in Moscow and St. Petersburg - without a clue). A new operating system, a good percentage (for the qvga screen will come down), but there is little RAM. In the princep, the new WM 2005 is very economical on the resource of the RAM, so if you are not going to run the GTA on PS, you will not feel the brakes.
Music - no problem
Games - the same princepins, but about 3D monsters like the second Quake, or even the PS \ GBA emulator is rather weak. But not critical, you can try. (I note - percent ARM - the most common among systems. Requirements for toys)
Video - with a 300kb / bit bitrate copes fine.
Books, applications, etc. - no questions. The new OS supports almost all the programs written for 2003 \ SE \ PE (at least 2 \ 3) :)
Internet - without straining.
Small and quite elementary applications like Word, Excel, Calculator, or Organizer - by itself.
MAIN THING - very light (125 g), thin, and simpotichny, fits easily in your pocket.
They scold for relative stagnation, but alas, the RAM and the price makes itself felt. The best PDA in this segment. No 1940s and 1930s are a twig here.
If Hosh familiarize in more detail, please:
http://www.ixbt.com/pda/hp-1950.shtml

Rep: (0)
2ziksus: In fact, he has about 15 MB of free RAM, which is not enough, it will not be enough to launch resource-intensive games. :(
I also laid eyes on him, but now I’ve changed my mind, I want acer n30th ... Of course, the joystick isn’t there, but the money is the same as 1950, but Hp will not play normally anyway There is little RAM ... In addition, the acer has a usb-host ... and the bluetooth (though at the cost of no wifi) ... and 40 MHz is not the price of the issue ...
Or maybe someone thread will convince me ?? :)

40 MHz This is a lot, if you remember that talking about the process from Samsung, there is no dzhostik, it is inconvenient, even very ... Especially when reading ... OS in Acer 2003, you still need to think in perspective, 15 meters is not present in rx1950, only 12 after the SR, however I played both in doom and worms and the era of empires and Varfeir, there is no problem with anything, only the opening speed of documents is annoying but there is already a fault of the prots .... and the USB host is written in the specification With most USB devices, not with all ... (I hint at flash drives, clave clear pepper, mouse and toothbrush do not connect will you leave)

2mikhalyich: 40 MHz - a bit. altogether. I will connect the clave without fail! In addition, you can play with the help of a usb joystick ... and even in strategies, they say, you can normally cut yourself on an acer and without a joystick. the video is easy, music is no problem ... you open the dock quickly ... Yes, and I think its appearance is better ... but this is a matter of taste :)

Just bought today! Cool device! I advise!

Rep: (3060)
Nimen Congratulations on the purchase of the animal. : lol:: lol:: lol:

Indeed, if you do not need programs that need a lot of memory, for example, PDF readers (but they always have little memory), games like Quake II / III ports, then this is the best machine in its class. The handheld is very small, light and has Wi-Fi.
By the way, it is better not to put PenReader on it - 4 MB of free space remains, you will not run anything.

Rep: (3)
_http: //savagemessiahzine.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7979&st=0#entry91629

I bought the device about two weeks ago ... More precisely, 15 days. :)
Frankly speaking - 1950 is an excellent PDA, all the applications that I installed on it were launched without any problems. The only thing the Roma GBA slow down, but it's kind of like at all ... :)
All the games \ programs - go without brakes, but the RAM is of course little, you have to spend it economically. But there are hardly any who launch at once a hundred applications, like Quake and Media Player. : rolleyes:
Of course, they scold him for a production glitch, in case he is turned off, and he says, “insist”, he doesn’t turn on, while the battery is burning. It is treated very simply - download the official software patch, install it either on the card or in memory, and forget about it. :)
My dogma about the compatibility of the prog with the 2003rd was justified - 90% go, only the Sega and Doom emulator did not go.
Design, lightness, etc. - awesome, I still do not like it !!!
I was lucky that I did not buy the Acer N30 hot. Of course, I don’t argue that this Aiser is not a bad PDA, but the lack of a joystick and, of course, a moronic and useless 2.5-headphone jack spoil the picture to disgrace. And besides, the old OSes (2003) and dimensions are not so ... eh, well, elegant, as we say in 1950! :)
Mast Hev for those who do not want to throw out a lot of money, and wants a normal typewriter to watch videos, listen to music, get on the Internet, and play. :)

Post has been editedZIKSUS - 15.03.06, 13:33

tell me what is better, nevertheless, to take: acer, or ipak ??? I suffer a choice ... help !!!

If you need a PDA for work - take Ayser. If for entertainment - Ipak.
Better yet, read the reviews on IXBT:

HP 1950
http://www.ixbt.com/pda/hp-1950.shtml
Acer n30
http://www.ixbt.com/pda/acer-n30.shtml

Compare, draw conclusions. ;)

Marnor 03/15/06 10:21:13 AM
tell me what is better, nevertheless, to take: acer, or ipak ??? I suffer a choice ... help !!!

IMHO Ipaq

Whitebear @ 03/15/06 12:08:38
Marnor 03/15/06 10:21:13 AM

IMHO Ipaq

I tend to do the same. :)

Thank you so much for the answers and advice ... but I am confused, and a small number of operatives in 1950 are very confusing ... I am almost a student, and it is planned to play at lectures ... and not only there ... tell me if all the games are created under ps poket will go on ipak ???
Yes, and usb host pulls me to myself ...
Help .... Explain to me what is better and why ???
Or, maybe you have already used both, then just share your experience ... thank you in advance!

Memory is enough for almost all the games that I run on it. He6 only ports Quake were started.
For some games (for example, Age of Empires), the PDA had to be rebooted in order to free up memory.
What went: Legacy, gfDoom (and Doom4CE too!), Age of Empires, Interstellar Flames, Anthelion (I and II), Worms, Snails, Wolf3D. Listed only what is installed now.
I do not advise you to put different decorations, like WisBar, PPX.

Marnor, 3/16/06 6:45:03 AM
... tell me if all the games created under the ps package will go on ipack ???
Yes, and usb host pulls me to myself ...
Help .... Explain to me what is better and why ???

"All games" - it's you got excited. Whether the game is on the package or not depends on:
1.Operating system
2. Memory Capacity
3. Sometimes - speeds
4. Very rarely from the model of the package.

Ipaq rx1950 - very common model. Small gama on run with a bang. (Astravaire say).

Quests with heavy graphics will not go.

Thanks ... then this question: 2190 or 1950 ???
The latter has a great design, comfortable body, Wi-Fi ...
the 2190 has more operatives ... a slightly more powerful processor ... a bit more internal memory (but this is garbage, you need to take one card), 2 slots, bluetooth ... but it is not as comfortable and cool in appearance as 1950. .. and the price is 1500 higher!

What is better for games ???
thank you in advance.

Rep: (209)
In 1950 - Samsung percents, which is not quite good for games. 2000 has a normal Intel, moreover, it accelerates up to 2700 percent on 2400 and does not soar ... Samsung does not chase ...

Well, in Russia they drive everything, and from everything ... both moonshine and percents with the same success:) ...
2190 or 1950 ??? final advice?
2190 comfortable joystick, or tight ???

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 30.06.19, 20:12