186 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Pimax 8K | [VR] virtual reality helmet
Pimax Controllers.
Which version of controllers would you prefer?
Thumbstick [ 15 ] ** [41,67%]
Touchpad [ 3 ] ** [8,33%]
Combined [ 18 ] ** [50%]
Total votes: 36

Century1402
Message#1
02.11.17, 16:42
200 FOV
[online]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 4372
Check in: 28.04.13
LeEco Cool1 Dual (C103 / C106 / R116)

Pimax 8K / 5K +

Selected topics:VR - General theme | Pimax 4k | HTC Vive | Windows Mixed Reality | Oculus rift | Oculus go | Sony Playstation VR | Purchase

• In the subject are allForum Rules | Section Rules;
  • Useful topics to note:Forum FAQ | How to clean the image under the spoiler;
  • Instead of saying “Thank you!” UsePicture. If you have less than 15 posts - click on the button.Pictureunder the message where you were helped, and write thanks;
  • In the absence of the curator, the moderator fills the topic header. Use the buttonPictureon the message, which, in your opinion, you need to add to the header to contact the moderator.

Attached Image
Attached Image

Device photos
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Device description
Pimax 8K is a state-of-the-art virtual reality device designed for VR futurists. Our goal is to create an intuitive VR without a shade of the headset and sharp enough so as not to be disturbed by the pixels.

We doubled the FOV to 200 degrees, with the increased resolution up to 2 * 3840x2160. Meanwhile, we have eliminated the motion sickness, which is often associated with a longer impact on the virtual environment.

Pimax 8K VR was created to support the main content currently available on the market, including Steam VR, offering the largest field of view (FOV) 200 ° and the highest resolution (2 * 3840x2160) on any VR headset to the market with a delay of less than 15 ms

We use a custom low stability display (CLPL).
CLPL is a new patented display technology developed by us specifically for our VR. The CLPL display has a shorter fluid response time and a higher refresh rate. We completely eliminated the ghosting and improved the brightness using the CLPL display. CLPL tech is on par with OLED in the VR era. There are only minor differences in color contrast / temperature between CLPL and OLED. In addition, CLPL can achieve higher PPI / PPD with the same cost. Our co-founders have more than 20 years of experience in the era of manifestation, including many years in VR. Some of the core team members come from the display industry and maintain close relationships with display suppliers. This is one of the reasons why we care so much about the visual.
Attached Image

Device characteristics
Fov: 200 degrees [field of view]
Resolution: input signal 2560x1440 with interpolation up to 4K in the helmet [per eye]
Matrices: 2 * LCD 3840 * 2160 CLPL [Customized low persistence liquid display]
MTP - delay: <15ms
Update frequency: 75/90 Hz per eye [80Hz progress]
Requirements: GTX 980/1070 or AMD R9 Nano
Interface: Display Port 1.4, USB 3.0
Opportunities: VR games in both seated and standing positions, room-scale with positional tracking, capture of hand movements [optional]
Content: PiHome / Steam VR / Oculus Home
Audio: 2x3,5mm audio jack, stereo headphones, built-in microphone
Additionally: IPD adjustment, lens anti-fogging system, optical lens frame.
Weight- 582g.
Length of cable- 5m. [10m optional]
Compatibilitywith controllers and base stationsHTC Vive.

Settings
Reviews and reviews withsavagemessiahzine.comand other Russian speakers
Useful information, links
SDE Comparison
THROUGH THE LENSES - PIMAX 5K + vs HTC VIVE PRO vs ODYSSEY PlUS

VivePro vs Pimax 5R BE
Attached Image
Attached Image

Comparison (SDE 5K + vs 8K) from Sweviver №2 with Canon D6

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

SDE comparsion: Deepoon E3 + Pimax 4k + HTC Vive + Oculus CV1

Pimax 8K / 5K Controllers
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Accessories, modules
a photo
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Extension cables

The first game tests of the Pimax 8K prototype
Prototype Reviews, Video Reviews
Soft
PiTool:https://pimaxvr.com/pages/pitool
UtilityfpsVRfor SteamVR(performance counters of a running game or application.)
Image quality comparison, SweViver SDE

miscellanea
Polls archive
Attached Image

Attached Image

Updated Becker Table - Spreadsheet Update (11.03.19)
K
There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedZlisten - 10.04.19, 08:26
Reason for editing: (Reviews and reviews fromsavagemessiahzine.comand other Russian-speaking) Reviewed by Century1402
Century1402
Message#42
23.10.17, 11:34
200 FOV
[online]

Messages 4372

New review from France arrived:http://www.etr.fr/test...-test-du-pimax-8k.html

About FOV there it says [through the translator]:
FOV:

The theory: FOV 200 is much more exciting than we know. (I will not return to the case of stretching on the periphery, we already know that it was settled).

I expected: so that the impression was useful without a helmet in fact, to be in, from the black edges to the left and right are no longer visible. This is not a decisive moment for me as a whole, FOV is something important, but not a priority one according to my criteria.

On practiceA: Indeed, the horizontal FOV is huge (and for those who are still asking a question, I confirm that there is no stretch on the sides). Can we still see the edges? Yes, but I had to force myself to try to see them. Even more interesting, but I confirm that vertically I have seen FOV more important than we know now. So do not complain about FOV.

About the "picture":

Theory: Lack of or almost no SDE and pixels. A small amount of residue, a bit of flash compared to our standards (Rift and VIVE) brightness is slightly darker than the Vive associated with the screen technology used. For lenses: take with tweezers, because the news in new versions.

What I expected:"Blur" on things at medium and long distances. What I mean by blur, for example, in VR you take your controllers, and you stretch your hand, you look at the grace and details, and then you put it on the helmet, we can see that it is much clearer, it does not have it "Blur". The initial background in a car game is glaring, for example, we guess what is happening (especially in SS), but we cannot see the sticker on the car. Or compare video in 480 format against 1080P. All this is due to the visible pixels of the SDE and, obviously, the resolution.

On practice: Big changes, this is clear, this is really clear ... This is the main reason why I say that this helmet is worth its weight in gold (in case of illness below)). However, I noticed that the picture is a bit dull, below the LUX from the rift (and, obviously, therefore from the Vive). Dan explained to me that the Pimax Suite would be the same as the CV1. Black is the famous gray LCD monitors. Other than that, the image is incredible. The output image of the PC is 4k, and the passage of the zoom is performed inside the helmet. SDE actually leaves room for barely noticeable mini-glasses that can be seen on a light background, and still say that SDE no longer exists, but it’s a really huge gap with our current helmets.

Pro gaming experience:
In applications:

Theblu: boat, whale, fish, nothing like a bulk screen, no image defect, no SDE, no .. short things to criticize (except that it's a bit dark), and I had a single stall, but remember that This is a prototype, not the latest version.

The lab: I tested the arc and the arcade terminal, just a stunning, clean network everywhere, it's beautiful, god, it's beautiful to be in BP and have the impression of being on the screen without our image defects, SDE, pixels, ghosts, etc. which we have at the present time, do not worry about it, everything is very fluid, without a stall. I also fixed the joystick of the arcade terminal at this moment, and I quickly moved my head, continuing to correct this moment, and I can assure you that low perseverance is just perfect.

Fruit Ninja: The same as the "Lab". I look at the gray stone floor, it is impossible to see any appearance of a pixel or other defect. I focus on the castle away on the hill, I could read the tag if there was one on the wall. This is amazing.

Bigscreen: reading in the browser is easy, we see that the mini-points are barely noticeable on a white background, I launch youtube from the video, and I see what I hoped to see from the very beginning of VR. Think about how to watch a movie now is really reasonable! However, the pad (the one who has the options), when he was absent, I had anti-aliasing, which prevented me from clearly reading (but I think the soft settings there might have something)

Well ..:
Attached Image

Post has been editedCentury1402 - 23.10.17, 11:42
Century1402
Message#43
24.10.17, 10:26
200 FOV
[online]

Messages 4372

Tusen @ 10/23/17, 23:04*
It seems that pimaks already said that there would only be a LCD with 2.5k.

Initially, it was about 2 screens: LCD and Oled, as far as I remember.
On the Kickstarter, there is no information in the flash about the 5K OLED displays.
The forum mentions that they have not yet fully decided, and will be determined later ...http: //forum.pimaxvr.c..33/3344/5? u = century
It is not clear yet ..

Posted 10/24/2017 10:30 AM:

As I understand it will be possible to choose three additional buns

Perhaps we are talking about supported applications: VorpX, something else in this spirit, etc. .. I did not understand myself ..: scratch_one-s_head: Here is the survey:http: //forum.pimaxvr.c.…t-support-with-8k/3615on this topic.
A reward for 2.5kk looks like this:
There are more bonuses here when we meet the target of stretching $ 2.5M:

-We plan to use part of our budget to start a conference for VR content developers.
VR content developers - we will extract resources to further facilitate the integration of the Pimax SDK with your current content on Steam VR / Oculus Home, so gamers can directly open your games / applications using PiHome.
- Gamers. For these popular tools, for example vorpX, we plan to include direct support based on the Pimax SDK. We work with our partners on this issue. Name your favorite apps here or on the Pimax forumhttp://bit.ly/2iwnAHE. We will try to do everything to make your wishes come true!

Post has been editedCentury1402 - 24.10.17, 10:32
Century1402
Message#44
24.10.17, 11:16
200 FOV
[online]

Messages 4372

Agilardo @ 10.24.17, 03:24*

An interesting review, read it briefly recently. Now more in details.
By the way, at least there is a photo inside from the inside where you can see the lenses in detail [although they will most likely change in the final]:
Attached Image
Attached Image

Cool foam, like the Oculus did. Convenient and pleasant for the face, you can remove and wash without problems most likely.
Like the Rift, the Pimax 8K has an inner layer of fabric that protects the internal components from dust. The prototype has a white fabric, and there are already signs of discoloration on it. A Pimax spokesperson said that when contaminated, the fabric could be replaced with a production model.

Actually, the white trumpets inside were pulled to nothing ..: unsure:
Sde.
- The clarity of the Pimax 8K is incredible compared to the Oculus Rift and the HTC Vive.
- The Pimax 8K headset directly addresses one of the biggest complaints about the modern VR. Everyone hates the effect of the terrible screen door (SDE) that occurs when you can see the gaps between the sub pixels of the display panel. We read online reports from people who tried the Pimax 8K prototype, and suggested that SDE is still a concern. In our experience, the Pimax 8K headset does not suffer from SDE at all, and we tried to understand any hint of sub-pixel grids. We also asked a few other people who tried the headset, and no one we talked to at Immersed was worried about the screen effect.

About the games[about good black and contrast is also there]:
Three demonstrations
We had the opportunity to briefly try out three different experiences in the Pimax headset. Pimax did not have the Space Pirate Trainer installed, which would be an excellent comparison, considering that we have recently played a new release of the game. Instead, we triedtheBlue, Fruit Ninja and Bigscreen beta.

- Our time inThe bluewas held on the Abyss scene, where you visit the bottom of the ocean to see the bio glowing creatures that live there. The scene begins with a black tone, which allowed us to see how well the LCD panel handles dark scenes. The custom LCD panel should not be as good as the AMOLED display when producing black, but it was better than we expected. Dark scenes were dark enough to make the Void scene convincing. We were also impressed with the contrasting levels of the panels. theBlue is always a neat experience, but this game has really not justified the wide field of view of the Pimax headset.

-Fruit Ninjagave us a better perspective on the color reproduction of custom displays and what can offer a wide field of view. The colors were bright and the whole scene was bright, and the additional visible area gave us a significant advantage in the game. Usually, when you play Fruit Ninja, you have to turn your head from side to side to see all the fruits flying in the air. With the Pimax 8K headset, everything was in sight at any time.

- then we released the beta versionBigscreen. We wanted to try this experience to see the text appear with the Pimax 8K. We expected incredible clarity in the menu systems and 2D desktop windows, but we were a little let down. Two 4K panels should theoretically create a clear text, but, alas, it was still a blurred mess. However, we have never seen another virtual theater with such a clear projection screen.
We saw a lot of discussion on the Internet about how the image in the Pimax headset is stretched, and people suggest that the games be displayed in the same FOV as the Vive, and then stretched. We did not observe such characteristics, and a Pimax representative told us that SteamVR handles the built-in FOV of the headset.

By the way, IPD adjustment is still not working there. Because of this, the text was blurred in Bigskrin at them.

In general, only positive impressions of the review: good:

Post has been editedCentury1402 - 24.10.17, 11:22
Agilardo
Message#45
24.10.17, 13:35
Local
[offline]

Messages 109
Check in: 05.01.15
Sony Xperia M2 Aqua

Here's another review, an old truth ...

http: //forum.pimaxvr.c...-8k-and-5k-review/2778
Century1402
Message#46
24.10.17, 21:19
200 FOV
[online]

Messages 4372

By the way, if someone orders only one 8K or 5K helmet, then for tracking you can additionally order 1 camera for $ 75 + $ 10 for delivery, as well as a controller, or a hand tracking module.

* Add $ 100 to your promise, and we will include a hand movement module in your package.

Add another base station: $ 75 + $ 10 for delivery

Add another manual controller: $ 100 + $ 10 for delivery

If you have already supported First 8K ever and want to upgrade to the full package:

You can switch to First 8K Full Package Ever,

or add two controllers and two base stations to your current package: $ 300 + shipping cost difference between First 8K Full Package Ever and First 8K Ever in your area.

In short, full modularity.
As far as i rememberfuelLike one helmet I ordered for testing, and here and the camera does not need to buy a Viva for 5k, because there is almost the same price for 1 camera, but already new and versions 2.0. Although the gyroscope should work, as in the 4K version, but this is not the point.

Post has been editedCentury1402 - 24.10.17, 21:41
Aniow
Message#47
27.10.17, 14:44
Local
[offline]

Messages 221
Check in: 21.07.12
LeTV One Pro X800

Pimap 8K is really a very interesting and high-tech VR helmet.
I hope the developers will succeed, although not not so! They should succeed. : good_luck:

The fee for Kick Starter is already $ 2,469,228!
https: //www.kickstarte...ds-first-8k-vr-headset

Fresh video on the Pimax channel, impressions from people at the exhibition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtRDsSxvna4

All people are happy, it pleases. :)
Century1402
Message#48
27.10.17, 15:58
200 FOV
[online]

Messages 4372

Another enthusiastic review in Amsterdam[this is V2] :)
in Google translation
Pimax 8k in Amsterdam- Hands-On Video Review
sent 4 hours ago, edited * by daydreamdist

Hello everyone, yesterday I went practical with the Pimax 8k on VR days in Amsterdam. This is my full practical account!
First of all, about myself: a VR enthusiast from the first days, got my Oculus dk2 more than 3 years ago, completely hooked to everything VR since. I have Oculus Rift (3 base stations), PSVR, Lenovo Explorer, Dell Visor and uncountable mobile VR headsets. So I'm, of course, in a big position for comparison. Workwise, one year ago I made the decision to commit to VR full-time, as well as VR YouTuber. I got a channel about Daydream and recently started one about AR / VR in general. Therefore, basically I was in the lead role in VR glasses, most of my waking hours. ;)

Just like all of you, I continued to follow the Pimax from the early days and, as you know, there is a lot of hype around the 8k version. I read all the information about it here, in their forum, everywhere I could get some hands-on bills. I still could not accomplish having supported the Kickstarter campaign, because $ 799 is really a lot. In addition, some of the practical reviews make me feel shy. There was talk of stretching around the edges, others were talking about a less than perfect 3D effect, and I also read people who believe that the display is not bright enough. Then on the other hand there are people who just raved about how amazing the experience is. It's hard to make a $ 799 decision on this!
When I heard that the Pimax 8k came to Amsterdam, I thought: hey, this is great! I just want to personally check how good or bad the Pimax 8k really is. And this is exactly what I did yesterday. So actually, I drove 3 hours for only 8k Pimax. :) And now after this rather long intro, I suppose you would like to read on what I think, right? :)

It was a brilliant mid-autumn sun day when my eyes first met her: in the Pimax 8k v2 prototype. Its LED visor shone bright in all colors of the rainbow, just a signal from all visitors. VRDays: I am here and ready to be tested! :) And that's what I did. So, here is what you came here:

I was just blown away by what the 8k Pimax has to offer. This is without a doubt the best VR experience I've ever had. And, as mentioned above, I look into VR glasses all day long. What interests me the most is checking 5 things: FOV, door screen effect, stretching around the edges, brightness, range of 3D binocular Vison.

Fov: Incredible. Tough back to what I have at home with Rift and Windows, MR, etc. A total game changer. The limited FOV from BP has always been one thing, for me it still kept me to fully immerse myself in VR. Of course, I still use all the experiences that I haven’t had until now, but the FOV of the Pimax 8k is just such a huge difference. I mean, to make you understand what the difference is. Have you watched these videos of color blindness people who see color for the first time using these special glasses that allow them to see color? (https://youtu.be/m1X0QTTtPmc)That is the difference. It is sensational. Thank you Pimax! So different! FOV is currently approaching normal human vision. I still could see the edge to the right and left, if I really tried to see it, but during the game I’m sure you would just be so immersed in VR that you wouldn’t see it anymore. What struck me as the vertical FOV improved so much. Looking up and down is so different now in comparison to earlier. When we had the feeling to look through binoculars, these binoculars had just been taken down by our vision of Pimax engineers. You just have a free view now, horizontally and vertically. This is a new industry standard when it is on the market and people have a chance to try it. It's just hard to come back as soon as you see the real deal.

But, unfortunately, it was too much time for her to shoot that one, because there were so many others waiting in line to try the device. In any case, the small text that was around in Fruit Ninja was very readable and I believe that any application performance will greatly benefit from its use in Pimax. I want to work from my Rift? Obviously not. For the Pimax 8k, that is a different story now. But for the “Retina screen” of virtual reality, it seems that we have to wait for the Pimax 16k and the accompanying GTX 1090Ti. :)

Stretching around the edges:This one, of course, sounds bad when I read other people talk about how the content will stretch along the edges! And this is also one of the main things that kept me in indecision from the pledge. I was so happy to tell you here: I could not treat these accounts in my own time with 8k Pimax! I checked the edges and they looked completely normal to me. So I could say that somehow the lens is bent around peripheral vision to cover such a large FOV, and that it does not look the same as your real natural human vision, but I did not have the feeling that some content was just got stretched. Again, I looked very hard on the edges during the game, something that for SURE I would not do during normal operation. So again, when just looking around the scene, as you usually do, you would also not see that the curvature in the lens is what I just said. It looks just great.

Brightness: Let me keep this one short. Totally ok. Could not make any difference compared to my Oculus Rift. Also spoke with a friend of YouTuber SweViver who also tried and he also agreed the brightness is completely normal. He plays Vive all day, so you got two bills from both Rift and Vive users who couldn’t tell the difference in brightness.

3D binocular vision rangeA: I am aware that I could distinguish myself here by nagging and pointing out how many shortcomings are compared with the installed devices, but I must give you my hands-on account as much as possible. I just could not make out worse 3D vision when comparing Pimax 8k to Oculus Rift, in PSVR or Windows devices, MR. I tried my best to see if the area of ​​the 3D vision was smaller than what we were used to, but I could not. We talked about the fact that with SweViver and he had exactly the same feeling. I personally believe that under normal circumstances you would focus on objects that are not in your peripheral vision, but on those who are in your central vision. And for central vision, I had full binocular 3D.

Yes, this is all for my total account of my time with 8k Pimax in Amsterdam. Needless to say, I just supported him on Kickstarter, being the patron saint of number 4411!
I also asked the representative of Pimax, Ms. Wang, how to buy the device after the Kickstarter is over. Her answer was that they would focus primarily on what makes Kickstarter patron happy, and I think this is the right approach. I asked a lot of questions during the interview that I did with her. I still have to check all the materials and edit it. Will I now after I’ve finished this Reddit post, and then, I hope, later today I can post it all on YouTube to start with it. Well, that's what! I hope you enjoyed reading this!
Bye, Sebastian

In general, everything is ok with brightness there, no worse than a wive / rift, FOV is endless [almost], everything is read is excellent, there are no distortions around the edges :)

Post has been editedCentury1402 - 27.10.17, 16:06
Century1402
Message#49
27.10.17, 16:40
200 FOV
[online]

Messages 4372

New infafrom the forum on 5K and displays:
All, update some information about 5K devices
PPI = 538 (CLPL)
PPI = 518 (Business Edition OLED)
the same IPD range (55 mm-75 mm), the same screen usage (about 80%), the same lens as the Pimax 8K, so the V3 assembly should benefit 5K,
and we have no plan to upgrade the user from 5K to 8K

By the way, just now noticed, "bare" helmets will go a month before the sets. [January / February]
I think now, can order one helmet, and then finish off with controllers and beacons, when they appear in retail: scratch_one-s_head:
And then, if something goes wrong, then you can save $ 300 .. And if everything is ok, then you have to overpay for them more .. But then you’ll get a helmet a month earlier - that’s not bad either.
We need to think, in general ...

Post has been editedCentury1402 - 27.10.17, 16:45
Century1402
Message#50
27.10.17, 23:53
200 FOV
[online]

Messages 4372

tomohm21m1
A few things:

The lens on the V3 is huge compared to the lenses on the V2.
IPD on V3 shifts lens not to display
I have not seen ANY DISTRIBUTION on V2
Clarity and brightness were very good on V2
200 FOV were not super-wow, but it was really good.
I could still see the borders horizontally, but not vertically
We talked about new controllers, and they still believe that they will be able to deliver by February, but this was not convincing.
They believe that eye tracking will be less than 12 months.
Immediately after my demonstration, I went to the VIVE stand ... never tried VIVE before. I do not like VIVE. I thought it was hard and uncomfortable. After VIVE, I went to the Microsoft booth and tried my VR platform with the Acer HMD. You know that I actually found the MS demo. That the Acer HMD was super comfortable, and MS Cliff-house worked very well.

I fully support 8K (# 325), but I also pre-ordered the Samsung Odyssey ... I’m wondering which one I’ll be better overall.

Attached Image

They also have some shoals with V3 at the moment:
evertec1m
So ... my friend spoke to them again after the exhibition ended and finally got out of them that they had not yet updated the software to accommodate the new lens. So even with the adapter, it will not work. : Frowns: Pimax should have been more honest about this ahead of time, I spent the money to go to this event to see the V3 prototype in action.

Video review V2

Post has been editedCentury1402 - 28.10.17, 01:27
Century1402
Message#51
29.10.17, 10:57
200 FOV
[online]

Messages 4372

At this stage, apparently, Pimaks 8K has problems with 90Hz frequency, it works only at 75Hz at the moment [V2, V3].
evertec
I'll write a detailed review later, but a short preview is that v3 improved the distortion, but there are still a few minor issues. The team works hard on the software side, but there are still ways to go. The big problem is that both v2 and v3 only work at 75 Hz. The team said that they have problems with the supply chain, and they know that people expect 90 Hz, but now they can't do it. I tried the elite dangerous, project cars 2, eleven table tennis and beyond, and everything looked great, but the lower frame rate was noticeable. I also noticed that the brightness does not seem as good as a split. The team said it can be customized, but they could not do it on this laptop while I was there.

We will follow the development ..
Century1402
Message#52
29.10.17, 15:16
200 FOV
[online]

Messages 4372

tusen @ 10/29/17, 17:11*

Zakinu here in Google translation:
evertec
Well, here is my more detailed review / first impressions of the prototype V3 pimax 8k. I have an oculus split, so I will mainly compare with this, but I also demonstrated a few bugs, so I know how they look and their capabilities. I also tested V2 at the beginning of the day for the first time, so I will compare with that.

Comfort: they didn’t have an updated headband with built-in headphones for the v2 or v3 demonstration (they said that they only have a prototype in China now), but even without that, the comfort was very good. The headset is very light, lighter than an ocular split, viv or gear, and I felt good on my face and seemed to stay in place when I quickly lowered my head. The only negative I noticed with v3 was that the lenses were very close to my eyes; my eyelashes touched them and caused some discomfort.

FovA: Of course, better than split or vive, and it was nice to open my vision compared to them. It didn't quite go the way I thought; I have not done any scientific tests, but I would not have thought that this is a full 200 degrees. Pimax said that they use about 80% of the screen right now, and now they will adjust the lenses more with v4 and v5 to try to get this usage to 100%, so perhaps the fov will also increase slightly.

Resolution: This is noticeably improved compared to readt / vive, especially for text. Distant objects were more visible and clearer. However, in some games there were no supersampling, and you could definitely see jaggies. Since the pixels in the field of view are not exponentially higher than rift / vive, because the input resolution is 5120x1400, increased to a full 7680x2160, the increase was not as big as you think, considering that rift is 2k and this is 4Kx2 . I would like added supersampling to be added to see how this is improving, but the desktop 1080, on which the demonstration was running, struggled to maintain 75 frames per second, so you need at least 1080 to even think about it.

Sde: The effect of the screen door was, in my opinion, one of the areas that, in my opinion, were significantly improved, especially over vive. I just pointedly used vive before trying pimax, and the difference was day and night. This can be seen if you are looking for it, but it is easy to immerse yourself in the experience and not notice at all, unlike rift / viva, where you are constantly aware of this in the depths of your mind.

The quality of the display and lens: here things become the most uncertain. Noticing that everything doesn’t look very smooth, especially when I physically move my body, I asked the CEO what the refresh rate was, and at first he said 90hz, but when we pushed him and asked if this demonstration really works for 90 he then said no, both v2 and v3 actually worked at 75 Hz. When we expressed disappointment and reminded him that Kickstarter noticeably advertises 90 and what not, where they said that the prototypes were not running at full 90 he apologized and said that they worked hard to try to get it into action. He said something about supply chain problems, that the display processing board said in the specifications that it could do 4k at 90hz, but they had problems running it more than 75 at an input resolution of 5120x1400. They seem to quote 90 when they are asked in faith that they will solve the problem. I hope they do, but this is a risk to consider, as the kickstarter is approaching financing. So far, I have not compared V2 with V3, and this is because the only real differences are the lenses used, and the cable is the only display cable, not the two hdmi cables. When I tested the V2 before the day, I noticed some distracting distortion at the edges of my fov, which slightly changed the orientation. Fortunately, the V3 pretty much solved it, but there was still a bit of margin around it. I checked it by looking at the circle that steamvr does on the floor when it is in standby mode, and the circle, if you look at the periphery, is slightly lengthened. In addition, how V3 lenses work, each of them consists of three parts, an inner lens similar to V2, and what looked like two outer lenses inserted together for an outer lens. It was on the seam, where, if I looked at the static object straight, I moved my head so that I looked at the periphery, the object would jump slightly to another place as it passed through the seam. This is what pimax said will be fixed in the next version of the prototype, since they said that all parts of the lens will be integrated into one lens. Finally, the display itself: I did not notice a single halo, even moving my head quickly. The black levels were also very good for lcd, not as good as rift / vive, but the rays of God were greatly improved, so I would prefer a slightly worse black level. Colors and brightness are one of the areas that I want to improve. I asked if it was possible to adjust the brightness, and they said that they could,

Tracking: Tracking seemed to be very good, as accurate as rifts / live movements, when I moved around, the only problem I saw was positioning, it was not so smooth. I don’t know if this is related to a lower refresh rate of 75 Hz or tracking processing, but it uses a valve beacon system, so it shouldn’t be a permanent problem until the update frequency issues are sorted.

Individual impressions of the game: this section may be a little repetition, but I will let you know what my thoughts are with each headline.

theBlu- This is the only experience I tried with v2, the colors and contrast seemed good, close to what I remembered on the rift. The underwater world was much clearer and more exciting because of the absence and absence of sde.
Elite dangerous. We started in the ship's compartment with the menu, and then tried to get into the cockpit, but could not do anything other than physical movement, since they did not have a controller. The text was much more readable in this vs rift / vive and remote objects. There were still some jaggies, so I went to the steam settings to try to turn on supersampling, but the team member stopped me, saying that supersampling is not working yet.
Project Cars 2Again, I couldn’t do anything except move physically, and I was able to go forward by pressing the up key on the keyboard, but the turn was not mapped, so that it did not go too far. Like the elite, the cockpit text was noticeably better, and viewing the windshield on distant objects was much better, but still not perfect.
Forward- this one started crashing and with a memory error after a couple of minutes, but I noticed improved distances and clarity, but also noticed a lack of brightness in it, as it was supposed to be a bright daytime scene of the desert, but it looked a little blurry and dim. Again, they stated that the brightness would be adjustable, but I could not test it.
Eleventh table tennis. The lead developer was on the demo with me, and he tested the build to see if he would have to change anything to support the pimax. It looked nice and clear; there were a couple of questions, but he said that it was because he ran a build that wasn’t through steam, because pimax was not pre-installed on their computer, so he had to load the light from the USB drive.

Let me know if you have any specific questions about something that I missed, and apologies if there are any grammatical errors or typos, I wrote it on my phone, waiting for the plane to take off. Overall, I still keep my promise from kickstarter because of the advantages of higher resolution, sde and fov, but there are certain problems that need to be solved. I have doubts that everything will be decided by January when they plan to send units, but they seem to be working a lot and are well aware of the problems. They also very much want to listen to reviews and follow the forums to find out what priorities people are doing so that you voice your main problems, so that they determine priorities for solving these tasks in the first place.

In general, the main problem now is 75Hz instead of 90Hz. And maybe this is not a problem, but just some kind of a jamb in the program part. Everything else is finished and finished, I think: rolleyes:

Post has been editedCentury1402 - 10.11.18, 14:48
dsalodki
Message#53
29.10.17, 17:27
User
[offline]

Messages 78
Check in: 03.01.13
3Q Q-book ER71B

The number of free complete sets of 8k is over. There is a suggestion - help me find one base station from htc vive and 2 mounts, although it is possible without mounts, but it would be beneficial. One base station from vive cost $ 142. Need only new and in the box. I do not need controllers, take it for free so to speak. Probably this is absurd.
Century1402
Message#54
30.10.17, 03:24
200 FOV
[online]

Messages 4372

Agilardo @ 10/30/17, 05:21*

Here I will throw in the Google translation, otherwise I need to read a lot there:
I targeted the Pimax 8k version 2 and 3 yesterday. Here are my impressions. Pimax HMD
sent 5 hours ago by Leaky_Balloon_Knots

I am a VR enthusiast who owned Vive from day one. I am also a current patron of the Pimax, who looked not to use this demonstration, as my go / do not go do not keep me my promise.
TL, Dr. If only the Pimax comes out and confirms that the Kickstarter load will be 90Hz instead of the current update rate of 75 Hz. All pros are legitimate. The resolution and FOV are phenomenal. Just another question, they still have the software settings to get the displayed image to be in life, as in the quality of Vive.
Yesterday, I was able to demo both the V2 and V3 Pimax 8K hexamethyldisilazane at the NYVR convention in New York. Nordic (Pan) Ren, CEO of Pimax, a booth was launched, and while he was recording demo curious conventions of regulars, I was able to raise his brain to help fill in the gaps about so many things concerning Pimax and Kickstarter, This The post will be about my observations from the demos. I will create a second post with the results of my Q & A With Nordic.
He confirmed that they were only in the recording of the demo V2 HMD due to the problem of logistics only having an HDMI laptop and V3 uses the Display Port. However, he invited me to the evening demo at rented office space in Manhattan, where they were going to be in the V3 demo recording after the new PC arrived via air freight from San Francisco. For the sake of brevity and looking ahead, this review is based on my observations of the V3 HMD, except where otherwise indicated.
I was lucky enough to have a Pimax demo in several games On V2 I got to see Serious Sam (view) and Blu. On V3, I have to see Elite Dangerous, Project Cars 2 and ONWARD (view). Other games that were meant that I personally do not see eleven table tennis and a large beta screen. I will first go through my general experience, and then talk about specific games, since I know E: D, simraising and communities. Forward very specific interests in this HMD.
The rigs we demo'ed were running 1080 FE, 8 GB (this screwed us into Onward) RAM, and the Unknown processor (I forgot to ask).
Before jumping into it, I would like to personally thank the Nordic for this unprecedented level of access both to his product and to it. For two hours, a small group of eight people sat at the demo exchange table and asked all the questions we had. Nordic was extremely receptive to all questions, concerns and recommendations. I really got the feeling that this person wants to put a product on the market that meets as many of the customer’s needs as humanly possible. The question is whether he can fulfill this promise in two months.
Comfort:
The V3 version we intended does not have a new luxurious headband, but I can tell you that as long as it is as comfortable as the model we tried, we are in good shape. I found the device to be very comfortable and light on my face. One thing that stuck out to me was that the lenses were right on top of the ball's eye. This is very convenient for me, but will certainly be a problem for those who wear glasses. Model V2 does not have this configuration. Nordic wears glasses and can not wear V2, no problem. He did not try to put V3, and I do not think that there are any other glasses that wears on the demo.
Fov:
No surprises here. 200 degrees, as in advertising. You can see the very edges of the screen if you look straight ahead, but this is a dramatic improvement over the current hexamethyldisilazane gene. I think this is a big step forward for diving.
Sde:
I could not see the sdu at all. I looked and looked, but there was no pixel to be found.
Brightness:
I personally had zero brightness problems. Being the owner of Vive, I expected to be able to notice the difference to some extent, but I could not. I believe that this is not a problem.
Contrast:
Again, I had no problems here. The blacks were a lot of black. Whites had a lot of white. I felt the colors were bright like a vive.
Curvature:
I did not notice the edge of the warping. Looking far to the left and far right all seemed to have the right ratio in perspective /. This version uses two combined lenses with one “traditional” lens for a direct perspective and a second lens that covers the peripheral vision areas. Nordic said that in version V4 these two lenses will be combined into one lens.
The first big question I had with the device was that it seemed to be a distortion when I turned my head, looking around the object. This observation was supported by the developer, who was with me recording demos. He felt that my angular rotation did not drown, with which the HMD is displayed on a 1: 1 scale. The developer noted, but seemed to be confident that the software setup could solve this problem. Nordic explained that software updates are still brand new in the early days with the prototype.
Frame frequency:
This is a big problem I have. If I asked you yesterday morning that the indicated frame rate is 8k Pimax, I would put your answer to be 90 FPS, and it would be wrong. The official Pimax website (link below) actually lists the frame rate as "75/90 Hz per eye." If you had to check their frequently asked questions on the Kick starter page (also linked below), the question “What is the refresh rate of games with the Pimax 8k / kami?” Is answered as “90 Hz”. It is misleading at best and down right unfair at worst.
https://www.pimaxvr.com/en/8k/#page6 https: //www.kickstarte...rst-8k-vr-headset/faqs
The question arises, what happened to this 75/90 Hz stuff? There were some assumptions made in the Kickstarter section of comments in the early days of the campaign that 8k was 75 Hz and 8k X would be 90 Hz. Another assumption is that both models will be able to switch between the two frequencies in order to save the GPU's precious pixel power. However, none of them are true. The truth is that 75 Hz represents what is true and 90 Hz represents not much more than what we all want it to be (for now).
I searched the comments section of the Kickstarter and found a few posts where the same question was asked, but he was never directly responsible for the Pimax team for two posts, except for. Shout out to @sigepon. This guy / gal was persistent in getting a response back on October 4, but to no avail. Twice Pimax did answer the question, they confirmed 90Hz at the 20th post in September, and the second time they posted links explaining how brainwarp works, which does not answer the question, at all. They never speak directly with a refresh rate of 75 Hz at all.
When testing the V2 and V3 headsets, I used a quick head movement to see if any ghosting or skipping was noticeable. In both cases, I noticed a pass. This meant that the problem is frame rate. While “playing” Elite Dangerous, I was able to open frame synchronization via SteamVR and I saw that the GPU of the rendering time was a snap graph of a maximum of 14ms (which corresponds to 71.5 FPS). Interestingly, this was not showing a dropped frame of red lines. He showed the status of the distribution of time intervals of the frame, as "good." I accepted this to mean that the frame synchronization software was configured to work at this speed. On the side, please note, the distribution of the time frame of the processor frame was fluctuating around 8 ms, there is no problem.
I asked Nordic what the frame rate was, and he immediately reported 90Hz. After explaining that I saw the pass and the interrogation of 90 Hz, he then said that the HMD was operating at 75 Hz. I asked about how he goes from 90 to 75 years, and he said that it is not. He said that screens installed in both V2 and V3 hexamethyldisilazane are limited to 75 frames per second. I asked if this is what will be in the consumer model. He replied, saying that the ships will operate in the range of 75-90 FPS. He then added that this would depend on where the screens are shipped from, adding that the quality may vary by manufacturer for manufacturer.
Pulling on this topic brings us even more questions: Do you know who your LCD manufacturer is? Will it be completely random who gets good screens or bad screens? Would a multilevel model for hexamethyldisilazanes be guaranteed 75 or 90 Hz? Just what the hell is going on here?
I indicated how I felt that this was a misconception based on what is on the Kickstarter list, and never that it was explained on the Pimax home page, other than the simple 75/90 listing, despite the home page that has the screen flashes that says "90 Hz". I also said that Nordic I would discuss this on Reddit and invited him to comment on, to give my side of things. Let's hope he will. I stand by what I said earlier. I believe that he is trying to make the best VR HMD on the market, but this is a deal breaker for me. I'm not willing to pay $ 500 to replace my Vive in order to improve FOV and resolution at 15 frames per second. I want to either improve or equal the specifications of each category, and right now that is not the case. In addition, with how big the Kickstarter adventure is, this amount of misinformation about exactly what I support is a big enough red flag for me to sit back and see what happens to the final model. If Nordic comes out and confirms that the LCD will run at 90 Hz, I will probably keep my promise, but it only has a few days to do it. We will see what happens.
Experience Game
Elite dangerous: This is what the Pimax 8k was built! My God, that cockpit looks phenomenal! In HUD holograms, they are smooth oil, without irregularities The text was clear and readable. Even the game menu looked clear. I did not see the god of the rays on the menu screen either! You VR CMDRs there knows that the performance was hardest hit, and in the hangar, and where I was. I started installing VR Ultra installed. In this setting, there were certain frame drops. I kept lowering the settings until it was smooth and I ended up at VR Low. This oil is smoothed here. I am sure that I could have ran a little higher, but I did not have much time to play with him. I am really very sorry that I could go to CZ and do some battles, but there was simply no time. If the final model is 75 Hz and your main reason is wanting a Pimax for E: D, then I think you will be happy so far. Airborne games should not suffer from a lower refresh rate. The FOV advantage and resolution would be worth the compromise of IMO.
Project Cars 2A: See Above Looks Amazingly Good. It was not possible to actually drive the car, because there was only M & K and the settings were in Chinese, but if you are a VR sim racer, I would imagine that this is HMD for you.
OnwardA: I did not get to see him personally. The game crashed shortly after loading due to lack of memory. The PC only had 8 GB of RAM (laughs). He did download Downfall 1 in a short period of time. The guy who was in the demo said he looked good until he fell. He also said that the game looked dull, but I would not worry about it, since it was a single issue on the game, which crashed shortly after. First of all, I am Onward player myself, so I was most interested in this game, but unfortunately it was not my day. What a disgrace.
Follow my Q & A post later today! Good information to follow.

Post has been editedCentury1402 - 30.10.17, 03:29
Century1402
Message#55
30.10.17, 12:17
200 FOV
[online]

Messages 4372

Pimax 8k Q & A NYVR Session yesterday Nordic Ren Pimax HMD
sent 12 hours ago by Leaky_Balloon_Knots
Here are the results of my Q & A session with Nordic Ren, CEO of Pimax from the NYVR convention in New York yesterday. Disclaimer: The entire answer is rephrased, but I'm sure that I captured its meaning.
As I said in my previous post with my demo impression, I would like to thank Nordic Ren for its time and its frankness. I really hope that they will fulfill their promises, because this product has great potential.
Q: How long does it take to ship all Kickstarter packages?
A: Our factory can produce about 2-4k units per month.
Q: Will patrons who choose SteamVR Sensors 2.0 for expired funding for a survey exerience any delays in order fulfillment?
A: No
Question: What can you tell us about the possibility of a 10m cable?
A: It is not officially approved as an option. It would be very difficult to get the work done correctly over this length.
Q: Will the cable be removable like a vive?
A: Yes
Q: Will there be an eye tracking ship with Kickstarter starter pack?
A: No. We have a sample from our partner company, who developed the prototype, but it will be delivered after the initial package.
Question: Who is your module development partner?
A: We are under NDA. We cannot disclose at this time.
Q: Do you have a working foaming software rendering right now? If not, are you working on it? Do you have any software that uses eye tracking?
A: We do not currently have working software. We are working on it. Should not be a problem to get a job.
Q: Do you have a working wireless module? Do you have a current RWP?
A: No, it is still under development. May be available by the end of next year.
Question: Who is your module development partner?
A: We are under NDA. We can not discuss.
Q: Where is the switching unit in development? Will it also have bluetooth to communicate with base stations?
A: Technical specifications are still being finalized. Bluetooth support is unknown at this time.
Q: Will patrons get a free breakout window when finished?
A: The breakout box will be available for purchase as soon as full. It will not be included in the Kickstarter package.
Q: Valve was intended block? If so, what do they say?
A: Yes, we work with them. They said they were amazed at what we achieved.
This is it! Hope this was helpful. I will not go into the refresh rate of the screen or the glory FPS question here. I consider that I covered that in the complete set in my previous post from my demonstration shows.

Post has been editedCentury1402 - 30.10.17, 12:20
Century1402
Message#56
30.10.17, 12:59
200 FOV
[online]

Messages 4372

The test for 80 hz is already there: rolleyes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijlzO4L4L8c
And here is the resolution found out: 4096x2657 by eye with SS 1.0 .. tin o.O How will it all be poor? : scratch_one-s_head:
Attached Image

The Pimax HW system supports 90 Hz, currently we are testing at a frequency from 75 Hz to 85 Hz. 82Hz has already passed the initial test, now we are moving to optimizing the prototype up to 85 Hz and doing more compatibility and stability tests.

By the way, they have also expanded the number of sets and helmets. But will be shipped in turn, of course.
Presentlyis available367 full sets and 477 helmets. [8K]

Post has been editedCentury1402 - 30.10.17, 13:12
Century1402
Message#57
30.10.17, 13:58
200 FOV
[online]

Messages 4372

DCS in PiMAX 8K:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxwsL64GhSU
Attached Image

Attached fileDCS + Pimax 8K.mp4(49.32 MB)

Post has been editedCentury1402 - 30.10.17, 14:12
Century1402
Message#58
31.10.17, 15:16
200 FOV
[online]

Messages 4372

John_66
Message#59
01.11.17, 10:02
Old resident
[offline]

Group: Curators
Messages 822
Check in: 06.04.11
Lenovo P2 3/32

There on pimaksu 8k letter with"apologies"appeared
And a little clarified on the modules and degrees of risk
Eye observation
We have 3 partners, one of whom has already released a commercial-level eye tracking module for vive, the other is Adhawk, presented by our supporter. We evaluate technical solutions and a detailed schedule, our goal is to send modules from the second quarter of 2018.
Risk level: low

Wireless
Our partner has experience with commercial wireless products, we work with our adaptation partner, the delivery time is estimated as Q3 2018.
Risk level: medium

Manual movement module
We have completed technical checks and demonstrations, currently working with our key partners on a detailed schedule.

Integrated tracking
We have developed an interface, currently working with partners with a detailed schedule.

The pleasure of smell
We are working with a Japanese partner to discuss a solution and a development schedule.

VR frame / cooling fan
Estimated to be sent on Q2 2018.
Risk level: no risk

All in one module
will develop on its own. Estimated to be shipped in Q3 2018.
Century1402
Message#60
01.11.17, 11:44
200 FOV
[online]

Messages 4372

John_66 @ 01.11.17, 12:02*
There, according to PiMAX 8k, a letter with "apologies" appeared

Yes, that's just clarity in terms of achieving 90 Hz, this letter did not add .. At the moment they are only 80Hz can, as I understand, everything else is in the test and tuning stage, incl. 85HZ is also unstable. At least 85Hz would take and the rules: yes2:
Apologize letter
Hi Pimax community,
Please accept our sincere apologies that we made a mistake in communication and the team did not contact 75Hz / 90Hz a matter of time and exactly as with our headquarters and the community. This is our fault!
First of all, without a doubt, on the 4K CLPL panel display supports 90Hz, and another project with the Qualcomm platform can achieve a stable 90Hz. Moreover, the entire system, including the cable / interface / processor / display panel, is all designed to operate at 90Ca.
As you know, our previous solution uses 2 HDMI 1.4b. Then we moved to a 1DP1.4 solution by introducing a new interface chipset. During the first round of the roadshow (V1.5 with two HDMI cables, each cable is ~ 2 meters), we made several pairs of VR games demo (The Blu and Nijia fruits), and games can run up to 90 Hz at the time, but not so stably, sometimes we have to spend ~ 1 hour to run the demo successfully, by donjon trying to plug into the \ cord \ restart of the computer. Even we succeed in recording the demo game at 90 Hz, some skeleton skips happened, so the tested reviewer felt some random lags during the game Fruit Nijia. In the beginning, we, although it is an individual question. After the first round of the roadshow, we got more time to explore this issue deeply and finally found stability to do something with frame rates: higher frame rates, worse stability, and no improvements in version V2 (2 * HMDI with 3. 5 meter cable plus some other design changes). Unfortunately, high frame rate stability (>85 Hz) slightly worse in the new DP solution (prototype V3). The firmware engineers made the wrong assumption that they could solve this problem soon and simply make a simple decision to lower the refresh rate down to 75Hz for new public demonstrations.

Update frequency
The display panel supports 90 Hz in accordance with its specification, and it proved the stability of 90 Hz in another project. The display port is DP1.4, and the chip that we used also supports DP1.4. Thus, theoretically, the Pimax 8K can support 90 Hz.

But stability is important because our HMD must work in a laboratory with thousands of computers. Over the past two weeks, we have conducted more stress tests from 75 Hz to 85 Hz on V3 hardware (the latest solution is DP 1.4). So far, 80 Hz has stabilized. The 82Hz just passes the original test standard. And now we are trying to optimize operation at 85 Hz and 87 Hz. Since 90 Hz is the upper limit of the entire system. Several hardware reasons can lead to lower refresh rates: clock frequency, cable length, FPC display adapter, EMI problems. Contact resistance from different connectors DP video card, etc.

Own resolution and frame rate for each eye base on the latest DP V3 prototype:

3840 * 2160 * 80 Hz (without risk, passed a sufficient stability test, guaranteed)
3840 * 2160 * 85 Hz (the average risk that did not pass the initial stability test is not guaranteed)
3840 * 2160 * 90 Hz (high risk, guaranteed)

We will continue to update progress. In the worst case, when the refresh rate falls in the range of 80 to 85 Hz in the final product, we believe that we can still guarantee the best VR experience with two panels with a resolution of 4 KB, a flight range monitoring system and a beacon 200 degrees plus some other methods, such as ASW / ATW / Brainwarp.

As we all know, the following MTP facts (motion to the photo)

MTP = Sensor Response Time + GPU Rendering Time 1 / Update Frequency + Display Switching Time
The refresh rate is one of the facts of MTP. Not all the facts. There are many other solutions that can get good MTP performance.

Another small review + interview:
mixedrealityTV

Hello,

Today I was given an exclusive 1st practical work with Pimax 8k in Dusseldorf Germany, in which I had the opportunity to try other games than Fruit Ninja. In addition, I did an interview with Ru Wang, who is the senior director of marketing for Pimax!

This is my review!

I was very glad that I could test the device a little longer this time and in a more relaxed atmosphere than at an exhibition where other people breathe on your neck to let them try. I tried the following:

Project cars

YES! As a big fan of racing games, this is probably a dream. There is no better way to play Project Cars than with Pimax 8k. Deep 200 ° FOV along with high resolution made for racing games only. It was difficult for me to get rid of this game, and therefore I did not have more time to try out a first-person shooter. But I can only tell you: only for this experience is it worth getting the Pimax 8k. Racing fans are happy, this one will kill you.

The frame rate was acceptable, but not very high. The game was launched on an MSI Raider laptop with GTX 1080. This is, of course, a great machine, but it is still a laptop with less thermal ideas. This cry is for a high slot machine that can provide a high frame rate!

Big screen

I needed to check the Big Screen, since I thought that a higher resolution would make VR work blissful. Unfortunately, I left this a little disappointed. Of course, we also had more FOV, which makes everything better and makes you more immersed. But I was more interested in virtual desktops, and they still didn’t look as good as I had hoped. Of course there is clarity. However, I was very surprised by this, and I think it is good to report this to the community. However, I should also say that we did not make any optimizations, just downloaded it and entered.

Watching a movie from BigScreen was wonderful, although at the cinema everything looked fantastic. It was also an excellent test to test the divine rays, and they are far from being as pronounced as, for example, in Oculus Rift. The lenses are really fantastic.

Blu

Excellent experience for showing excellent resolution and FOV Pimax 8k. Loved every moment. VR has never been so exciting. Say nothing more about it.

Then I interviewed Ms. Ru Wang, Pimax Senior Global Marketing Director! Really enjoyed the interview. Ms. Wang turned to a recent discussion about the update frequency, we talked about Kickstarter and their plans to sell the Pimax 8k after completing Kickstarter, controllers and many other topics! If you have 30 minutes and you want to get to know someone from the Pimax senior management team, check out all the interviews here:https://youtu.be/G3AtCeTuO4k 33

Hope it was interesting to all of you, goodbye, Sebastian

Capule7 @ 11/01/17 12:08*
At Sonevskaya, the pixel grid is highly visible.

This moment is very interesting, because this matrix is ​​quite high in resolution, although not completely 4K. As far as the grid is more visible, I still do not understand, even if the photo through the lens did something, if it will be possible: yes2:

Post has been editedCentury1402 - 01.11.17, 12:23
Aniow
Message#61
01.11.17, 13:09
Local
[offline]

Messages 221
Check in: 21.07.12
LeTV One Pro X800

Guys need an opinion)

And so, after looking at many reviews and opinions, it became clear that the Pimax is the real best VR helmet. It’s just sad that I won’t have time to pre-order a kickstarter, even for a complete set with one helmet.

Here I think, in November, to buy HTC Vive, it seems to be valuable, it should still drop a little. And next year, just buy one Pimax 8K helmet to the existing stations and controllers from HTC Vive.

Or is it better not to buy HTC Vive, and then buy the whole set from Pimax? : sveta:

By the way, a new interview with the marketing director Pimax.
https://youtu.be/G3AtCeTuO4k?t=5m

Post has been editedAniow - 01.11.17, 13:13

186 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 02.05.19, 07:18