> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Kindle Oasis 2017, 7 inches which [Linux] | [7 "] [E-Ink Carta] [300 ppi]

Rep: (755)
Kindle Oasis 2017, 7 inches (9th Generation)
Discussion пїЅ | Description | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Library organization - PC applications, conversion пїЅ | Book Shop

Device Description: New Kindle Oasis 2017 with a 7 inch screen and waterproof. Slim body, fast work, paging buttons, adaptive backlight, available in two colors: Graphite and Champagne gold
Specifications
Appearance, size
Attached Image

Kit photo
Attached Image

Operating system: Linux
Screen Type: E-ink carta
Screen size, inches: 7"
Screen resolution: 1264x1680, 300 ppi
CPU: NXP i.MX7D (two Cortex-A7 cores), 1 GHz
Touch screen: Yes, it is disabled through the menu
Paging buttons: Yes
Gyro sensor: Yes. The orientation of the book is processed with a simultaneous change of the paging buttons to hold the reader with the right and left hand.
Built-in lights: 12 LED backlight with automatic dimming option
Regulation of color temperature backlight: Not
Supported text formats: Kindle Format 8 (AZW3), Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC; after conversion: HTML, DOC, DOCX
Supported graphic formats: JPEG, BMP, PNG
Audio support: Yes (Audible audio format (protected by Audible AAX), audiobooks only legally acquired on Amazom , MP3, etc. not supported).
RAM, mb .: 512
Built-in memory, mb .: 8000 - 32000
Memory Card Support: Not
Bluetooth support: Yes
Wi-Fi support: Yes
Text-to-Speech support: Yes
Interface : Russian, English (UK, US), German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese.
Dictionaries : the ability to use the available user dictionaries, online translator Bing Translator. Search in Google, Wikipedia, X-Ray. The ability to create your own vocabulary in the form of flash cards.
Social : quoting on Twitter. Integration with Goodreads.
Battery capacity, mAh: 1000mA
Charging time: 3 hours from the computer's USB port, about 2 hours from the 5V 1.5A power adapter, similar in parameters to the Amazon 5W charger
Battery life : 6 weeks on a single charge, provided you read 30 minutes a day with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned off, the backlight level is 10 out of 24. off and on the light setting at 10. battery life.
Temperature : 0 ... 35 В° РЎ (use), -10 ... 45 В° РЎ (storage).
Sizes, mm (Sh x V x T): 141x159x3.4-8.3
Weight, gr .: 194
Other: IPX8 moisture protection
Products webpage: https: //www.amazon.com...2GB-Grey/dp/B06VTJWRJW
On sale from October 31, 2017.

Software Update
In most cases, the Kindle itself updates the firmware by downloading it from the manufacturer’s website. But if you rarely use the network, or just want to be sure that the software on your Kindle is the most up-to-date, you can update the software yourself if necessary. There is nothing complicated about it.
Menu item "Kindle Upgrade" inMenu -> Settings -> Menu OTA update is not relevant. It will become active only if you place the necessary firmware update file in the right place. This menu item only starts the update process of manually uploaded firmware.

1. Check the software version of your Kindle Oasis: in the search field, type; 711 or; 411 and press enter.
2. On the PC, go to pageFire & Kindle Software Updates, find your device in the list (Kindle Oasis (9th Generation) and go to the Software Updates page.
3. If the firmware version on the site is higher than the one on your device, download the update file from the page by clicking onSoftware Update 5.x.x.x
4. Connect the reader to the computer with a USB cable.
5. Copy the update file that you downloaded to your PC to the root directory of the Kindle drive. Not in one of the folders, but next to them.Make sure the copy process is complete!
6. Disconnect the Kindle Oasis from the computer.
7. Start the update process:Menu -> Settings -> Menu -> Kindle upgrade
8. Wait for completion and reboot. This process can take several minutes. Do not turn off the device during the update and do not try to force it to restart by pressing the Power button for a long time!
If you want to block the automatic update on the contrary, You must create a folder in the root folder called update.bin.tmp.partial

Dictionaries, libraries
Convert books to MOBI and not only
Cloud service - Send to Kindle, support, manual
    Send to Kindle by E-mail Supported File Types
    Send to Kindle by Email Supported File Types:
    • Microsoft Word (.DOC, .DOCX)
    • HTML (.HTML, .HTM)
    • RTF (.RTF)
    • JPEG (.JPEG, .JPG)
    • Kindle Format (.MOBI, .AZW)
    • GIF (.GIF)
    • PNG (.PNG)
    • BMP (.BMP)
    • PDF (.PDF) (If in the subject line specifyconvert then the file will be converted to mobi, if it is text without complex formatting such as tables and pictures, then it is readable, otherwise it will not)
    • ePub (Unofficially, if a valid ePub is renamed to an extension of PNG, then such a file can be sent via StK and it will be converted in the cloud
    How to delete unnecessary documents transferred by StK or books
    In your account chooseManage Your Content and Devices
    on the Your Content page
    Show: Books are books that you bought
    Show: Docs are documents, everything that was downloaded via mail, the StK program, a browser plugin ...
    Choose what to delete, click Delete,
    Attention!
    After deleting the file from the cloud, this file is saved on the devices, but synchronization reading space, bookmarks, notes, etc. stop. This file will not be displayed in the online collections. File is saved on the Kindle, but hand it back to the cloud is not possible to recover a deleted object is also impossible. Restore synchronization, and other functions not possible. If the file is passed on to the backup StK ban it in the same way as if you deleted a file from the cloud immediately after download to the device. Synchronization and online collection would be impossible.

• Send to Kindle, StK
  • SENDtoREADER
  • Evernote or Pocket on Kindle
  • Kindle RSS
  • Kindle User Support
  • There are no covers in the books sent to Kindle on Sent to Kindle - there is no solution for today, you cannot “return” the covers in any way.The only option is to have a picture of the cover on the shelf in the library for documents sent by StK- convert to old format mobi (optionmobi7 when using freelib or old when using Caliber)
    Caliber setup for converting to old format:Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (Post by gakofrugn # 61877140)
    The old format mobi7 has a small size, covers, but also a number of essential limitations. For example, a non-customizable font size step (FONT_RAMP is ignored), etc., cannot align text to the width.
  • Kindle Oasis 2017 User Manual in PDF

Jailbreak
New devices now mainly come with firmware 5.9.2.0.1.jailbreak on this version is not possible
Jailbreak Jailbreak was possibleonlyfor factory firmware versions 5.9.0.5.1 / 5.9.0.6.
Kindle Oasis 2017, 7 inches which [Linux] (Post hius07 # 70279052)
Accessories

If you encounter a bug or device malfunction: reboot the reader through the menu, make sure you are using the latest software version. otherwise, update the firmware according to the instructions from the header, it is possible that the problem that you encountered has already been solved in the new software and will disappear after the firmware update

Post has been editedeliy - 15.08.19, 21:14
Reason for editing: Added to the Conversion section

Rep: (27)
BulkinPer @ 25.03.19, 08:21*
And that is why a subject Koba won?

The main reason - laziness (my). In principle, all arranged and PW3, but would like a new toy.
Having read the threads on the Kobo, I realized that there are pitfalls, and have to spend a lot of time studying the subject and adjusting. And I just want to comfortably read and do not bother with the settings. Having bought the Oasis, I just repeated to PW3 settings. By the way, these settings are minimal and include only the file with my font sizes and one (1) custom font.

The second reason - PWM Form. At one time, I bought your iPhone with screen amoled second tube samsungovsky Nout. Not least was the idea to use it as a reader. Still, 5.5 inches vs. 4 - a significant difference. As a result, I was able to read not with the new laptop - eyes was uncomfortable. Reason (PWM) I did not know, and write it in the features of the software.
As time goes by, technology develops, and I suggested that perhaps the problem is not, but read attempts with Iphone XS Max's wife was also unsuccessful.
And I love to read a book for half an hour at night in total darkness. Clearly, this is all individually, my wife, for example, does not feel any discomfort, well, I like that. Therefore, the form was deleted.

The third reason - I was able to purchase "live feel" a subject and I really liked the tactile, do not think of plastic Koba will be such a sensation.

Flibustin bot - a significant reason to choose the Oasis, but at the moment of decision, I have not used and the choice is not considered.

Post has been editedSkiv2 - 25.03.19, 02:04
Reason for editing: Supplement

Rep: (9)
* Skiv2 , Yeah, okay, thank you. Settings are not afraid, and so fuss is - for example, with a choice between nickel and vlasovschinoy. Nothing too fun part, the device nest.

Mertsalova - saw complaints, but perhaps so lucky, though quite I understand, of course, and zero tolerance.

About Plastic - and have a look. But also I understand more b.

Oasis, I repeat, for me, the ideal - when it had worked and storage. I have something, you fool, remembering what is usual at Kindle Lafaille was jailbroken - never soared, more and 32 giga ordered. But then there was a bummer. But even with calving - bun was fantastic, and I honestly few months, since August, trying to change the paradigm; More and shestiinchevogo bought - it was a separate thrill ... Well, if you suddenly jailbroken - will be back;)

* BulkinPer,
And I for happiness in kindlovskoy system lacks only two things (not principal):
- footnotes at the bottom of the page and font size adjustment features in them,
- transfers into the program kindlovskoy smart.

* Skiv2 Not, smartny Kindle - does not stick my tea, but with footnotes - to hell with it, with the bottom of the page, but I saw once the book (I forget what the hell, so that even in the colon to look nowhere else) , which has references to press floated And not as usual - has gone in a footnote, and you then Beck like a fool ... Oh, what was the buzz ... Exactly this was not my bug, but - and I do not know :(

BulkinPer @ 25.03.19, 09:59*
but I saw once the book (I forget what the hell, so that even in the colon to look nowhere), which has references to pop up press, but not as usual - has gone in a footnote, and you then Beck like a fool .. . Oh, what was the buzz ...

So on Kindle such as footnotes easily done if Frilibom convert or FB2mobi /

* Skiv2 , understood thanks. Ur, one less mystery. It follows that the other flibuske some converter :( but I'm lazy, and always yuzayu bot - mobi - shernut gmylo through hell with him, and so live, but thanks for the new knowledge Here at Koba, can.. all his fb2 tree envelope; there is, however, that nickel that kulridere - its work with links and nyap, they are the kind you to the bottom of the page, without any floating up;)

BulkinPer @ 25.03.19, 11:35*
that kulridere - its work with links and nyap, they are the kind you to the bottom of the page, with no popups

Yes, I know, but Kulrider on Kindle retarding and battery eats compared to native book text.
I would venture to suggest that Cobo - similar, but there is a native reader supports FB2 crooked, ie it is necessary to convert the native format, and it is the same side view as in the Kindle :) That's what I thought, too, so - Oasis.
Buy - tell.

Post has been editedSkiv2 - 25.03.19, 04:51

Rep: (45)
BulkinPer @ 25.03.19, 04:35*
that nickel that kulridere - its work with links and nyap, they are the kind you to the bottom of the page, with no popups

At the bottom of the page, it CooReader-e.
A native (nickel) reader with footnotes behaves similarly to Kindle: when converting from fb2 can choose to display just after (in the body of the paragraph) after a paragraph or in a popup window. If I'm not mistaken ...

BenGunn.13 @ 25.03.19, 1:02*
A native (nickel) reader with footnotes behaves similarly to Kindle: when converting from fb2 can choose to display just after (in the body of the paragraph) after a paragraph or in a popup window. If I'm not mistaken ...

It is gut, thank you. Another point for nickel ... you never know, I will try, perhaps, to live without a tree if kulrider will eat

Rep: (39)
there it is, the update brought 5.11.1.1: yes2:

Rep: (81)
Czzz @ 29.03.19, 18:39*
update 5.11.1.1 brought

Only bug fixes put forgotten: your text and jumping on the heads and a search box and closes when the swinging devaysa: nea:

Rep: (39)
charcoal @ 29.03.19, 19:54*
Only bug fixes put forgotten: your text and jumping on the heads and the search window is closed and so with shaking devaysa

We can only be glad for printing on afrikaans'e (?) and other languages ​​added / keyboards :)

Czzz @ 29.03.19, 19:12*
We can only be glad for printing on afrikaans'e (?)

: lol:
Well, there are still "some improvement"

* eliy How, but perhaps not topikstarter farms in the topic? However, I am in any case not going there to vandalize and offtopic, and thank you for your patience, vyaknu very briefly, and to some extent even on the subject.
* Skiv2 , Well, came a fool, the first impression of the ergonomics - well, very poorly compared with Oasis. That is simply not expecting - which for the sake of some pests. weight transfer - minimum, not funny. Buttons razdrazhnye, hard.
Well, well - anything, really pretty easy plank. But it is, consider a plate with knopstvom on its side.
So you were right to choice, and if not for my podsazhennost "all along" - to run and he returned to the Oasis.
About footnotes while I can not say, just mastering converter with config not play. By default, he does them pop, making walking, and then even funnier - whether at this fools no "back" button, whether it's me in the evening blunted in a terrible way, but how to get back with footnotes - not found tomorrow nickel threads will read ...

* Skiv2, another portion - with footnotes, it seems, still full oblomingo, even if you say in the config "folate", they do not float. And no way to have to go back, I still have not discovered. It's about epub. If you overtake in kepub - a little easier: all the pops, but quite creepy characters. This is a preview, at this point you can close it (if the link is short), or to say, "went dyalshe". In the second case - there is something like a "load notes XLI Page" (noticeably long, do not laugh - sometimes seven seconds), then really you find yourself where necessary, and - oh joy! - there is even a "back" button, it is working. Moby is not checked, they are thick and hard, and so and so too it is necessary to brush this fool. But if curious about mobi - say, look at you.
Finish offtopic about where he started - so far so-so, at Oasis seems to be great will be bored ...

* BulkinPer,
I think, will understand - everything will go well. But a new toy :)

* Skiv2, uh, yes you have seen used is a poor excuse for the left hand. They killed the idea, wrong. True - plaque and plaque, nothing to give 350 raccoons. And with the cover - and at the horror. And because the sight of the Amazon - no, no magnet, no charge.
No, quite a nice toy, I'm happy, but with Oasis - compare ridiculous. As to China, in the homonymous pose. One, pah-pah, easy advantage - ass with texture, yet the fingers easier;)
In short, as jailbroken it - oh, come back, do not turn around ...
Okay, Clean styling, patch there - above the roof, maybe even they shall be comforted. Transfers though established ... Oh, and even funny - search for "Smith" in the text does not return Ivanov, and the list of books - author Ivanov. Only with a capital. The search in the Kobo Store - clever, is not case-the sensitive. You can feel where on the knee samopaly, but where streamlined 3rd party Engin fastened - well, though maybe just a different team;)

BulkinPer @ 31.03.19, 03:10*
No, quite a nice toy, I'm happy, but with Oasis - compare funny

No good deed goes unpunished, say ...
As for me - the Oasis is very user-friendly screen size, moderately large, but still compact and good soft, comfortable, with enough buns.
Perhaps only the collection of someone not seem suited for cataloging 100,500 books, but it's just a reader, not the Lenin Library.

Rep: (137)
For me - Oasis too beautiful. But at the expense of ergonomics. Right lower outer corner of the housing annoys half an hour holding in the hand. "Obmylenny" would be more convenient to just-chopped.

* charcoal Duc - alas, my commitment to 100500 and ruined. When I saw the oasis, I decided that the dog with him, with 100,500, with such ergonomics ofigicheskoy, and six months with him whirled in a waltz. Alas, the need to periodically pull-look-revise-close - not izzhilas, and as a compromise, and I decided to try to Koba. Nothing, gradually getting used to

Posted 04/02/2019 20:55:

* yura-04, I can advise valuable galoshes:

https: //www.amazon.com...-reader/dp/B0791BBNKV/

It in itself is useful, and neutralizes the edge (I, however, they do not interfere - conspired all of you that there is still some edge, Oasis and balanced, that it should not be missed at all, and there is no lock on the fingers? is ...)

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 03/02/20, 11:48