16.10.17, 19:45
Novice
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 34
Check in: 07.12.11

Preamble

There is such a thing from Apple - called CarPlay:
The phone connects to the standard IVI of the car via USB and it is possible to use from the standard display (picture + touch + sound) applications marked by Apple as written under CarPlay: calls, messages, Siri, Navi, music, etc. ..

Moreover, CarPlay is not just mirroring a picture from an iPhone screen, it is a different interface, sharpened for display in landscape orientation on displays measuring 6 "and resolution from 800x480 (Apple’s requirements for CarPlay equipment) antenna) with such buns as Dead Reconing.

according to current trends, it is clear that auto-vendors have supported CarPlay quite cheerfully: it’s hard to find a 2017mg. car that would not offer CarPlay support as an option

Ampoule

I am interested in how this is implemented technically, i.e. How to support CarPlay in HW, having a LCD with a touchpanel, bidirectional audio channel + NMEA1083 quality data (a little wired network):

1. CarPlay according to Apple falls under the licensing of MFi devices (earlier, at times licensed for Apple Bluetooth devices, royalties were provided by buying a microcircuit from an Apple that had I2C bus and contained some functionality for successful pairing of functions other than A2P headset)
2. CarPlay uses (for authorization?) So-called. iAP2 (iPod Accessory Protocol)
3. There are references to the implementation of iAP2 on Linuxhttps://community.nxp.com/thread/341689andhttps: //stackoverflow...ice-and-embedded-linux
4. Chinese make combined whistles for MirrorLink / AirPlay - mirroring a picture from an iPhone, the package for AirPlay (audio output) can be put on any OpenWRT router (opensource).
5. The Chinese make devices with CarPlay support for ridiculous money: USB-to-CVSB (), USB-to-USB (), and retrofit IVI to replace stock solutions (0) - so They somehow broke the protection / authorization of iAP2 and riveted CarPlay support literally on their knees?!?
6. Does anyone have additional information (as I understand it, there are two parts: one part is relatively accessible — for example, information on the iAP2-over-USB protocol can be provided as part of the Apple Developer Program subscription, and the second is how the Chinese implement the authentication) or at least the direction is some kind of closed Chinese forums, acquaintances who were engaged in reverse engineering iAP2 / CarPlay, etc.

--------------------
Links to third-party sites are prohibited (administration)
noxious-ru
Message#2
16.12.17, 13:44
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 166
Check in: 04.10.11

Comrades with CarPlay, could anyone install Spotify?

Post has been editednoxious-ru - 16.12.17, 13:44
VOVQAAA10
Message#3
26.12.17, 09:43
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 4
Check in: 25.12.17

Through ngxplay, you can add applications to carplay
noxious-ru
Message#4
26.12.17, 15:43
Local
[offline]

Messages 166
Check in: 04.10.11

* VOVQAAA10,
Yes, but it doesn’t work perfectly. In general, through ngxplay it makes sense to add unsupported applications. And the official officially (not with us) is supported by CarPlay.
Message#5
24.02.18, 23:07
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 1
Check in: 24.02.18
Apple iPhone 8 Plus

Good evening!
How to install the advanced menu on CarPlay for aphone 8?
ganijon
Message#6
27.04.18, 11:42
Novice
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 43
Check in: 19.03.14

On iPhone 8 on Vryatli, put it with ios 10-11.1.2, it seems possible and it should be Jale, I have an iPhone 5s with Jale and CarPlay can sell Jail is installed untied
ennenn
Message#7
16.06.18, 22:00
Guru
[offline]

Group: Curators
Messages 3654
Check in: 11.11.11
Microsoft Lumia 950

There was news, in the 12 axis in CarPlay, you can add an alternative navigation, not an apple one, someone tried it on the cue ball, sign off, the topic seems to be cool.

--------------------
t.r.o.n.
Message#8
18.06.18, 12:41
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1533
Check in: 28.07.11
Apple iPhone 6s

CarPlay is even lower in popularity than AW, therefore, it does not make sense to target a product to it.
When ios 12 will be released, then maybe someone will sharpen their product under it. It is still very early.

--------------------
Nobody died from abstinence. True, no one was born!
ennenn
Message#9
18.06.18, 14:15
Guru
[offline]

Messages 3654
Microsoft Lumia 950

* t.r.o.n.,
Well, not a fact, cars with him more and more, so it is not a fact that carple is less popular for hours.

--------------------
t.r.o.n.
Message#10
18.06.18, 16:22
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1533
Apple iPhone 6s

Do you use everything that was pushed into your car?
This is approximately how navigators from Navitel who love to shove in the Renault / Peugeot. Normal stupid thing, which is used by the unit.

But it's a matter of personal taste. While there is no confirmation that CarPlay somehow took off. Perhaps updates somehow will be able to bring him out of the coma, but I don’t really believe it.

--------------------
ennenn
Message#11
07.07.18, 15:26
Guru
[offline]

Messages 3654
Microsoft Lumia 950

* t.r.o.n.,I use it, it works fine, only offline navigation is missing, for any Siri it’s better than any built-in navigation maps, if the Apple didn’t send it away, then in the fall, YAN can add. So this question has taken off / not taken off, myrrorlink has died, it is not even supported in new smarts.

--------------------
t.r.o.n.
Message#12
09.07.18, 12:58
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1533
Apple iPhone 6s

Something all in a pile.
CarPlay was created so that NEVER be offline. It cannot be the center of an ecosystem. Only a slave cropped device (ala column or the first hours).
for any Siri better than any built-in navigation charts

What does the voice assistant have to do with cards?

Third-party navigation will be able to integrate with CarPlay, this is a fact. Whether developers will use this opportunity - we'll see. But integration with Siri as it was closed will remain (except to somehow climb through the ability to run JS scripts on commands, but this is all past the cars)

In a word, maybe for now, APL has once again made some kind of surrogate device that it is trying to plug into its ecosystem, but the dogmas of ideology interfere.

Post has been editedt.r.o.n. - 09.07.18, 12:59

--------------------
ennenn
Message#13
22.07.18, 09:53
Guru
[offline]

Messages 3654
Microsoft Lumia 950

* t.r.o.n.,I meant the Apple maps, but they are integrated with Siri, that's why I wrote it that way. In Europe, if there is a network, this thing works well, so I cannot call it a bad decision, but the fact that it is Apple-style is a fact, let's see what happens next.

--------------------
The AGENT
Message#14
25.07.18, 02:22
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 514
Check in: 25.07.10
Apple iPhone X

Support from iOS 12 may have already been added, but while the developers are not adapting their applications, they will not appear in Carplay. I saw somewhere that Yandex will be waiting for an official release. Although the axis itself is currently very stable!

Posted on 07/25/2018 02:24:

t.r.o.n. @ 06/18/18, 16:22*
Do you use everything that was pushed into your car?

Believe me, when the support of the same third-party navigators is available, then almost everyone from whom it will be available will use it. And now few people use it, because there is practically nothing to use there. Although even Apple Maps lead the route better than any OEM navigator from automakers ...
t.r.o.n.
Message#15
25.07.18, 09:08
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1533
Apple iPhone 6s

The AGENT @ 07.25.18, 02:22*
I saw somewhere that Yandex will be waiting for an official release.

It goes without saying. To develop in an unfinished IDE under a very unfinished OS is silly. Besides, it will come out with new devices, about which nothing is known. It is highly likely that new screen resolutions will reappear.
The AGENT @ 07.25.18, 02:22*
Believe me, when will the support of the same third-party navigators .....

Life will show. I myself do not believe it.
(I repeat) So far, what Apple offers for CarPlay is even more useless than an augmented reality or column. I would like to hope for their prudence.

--------------------
Bestoloch66
Message#16
04.08.18, 12:08
Local
[offline]

Messages 176
Check in: 31.10.15

Hello. As I understand, except for the jail, how can I not display YouTube on the screen of the machine? I sit on 11.4.1 how to be? Hunt youtube on the road to watch
crubik
Message#17
07.08.18, 15:51
Local
[offline]

Messages 202
Check in: 30.12.09
Apple iPhone 8

t.r.o.n. @ 07.25.18, 09:08*
Besides, it will come out with new devices, about which nothing is known. It is highly likely that new screen resolutions will reappear.

from this point on in more detail.

--------------------
Parrot Asteroid Smart
Ownice C500 +
t.r.o.n.
Message#18
08.08.18, 14:28
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1533
Apple iPhone 6s

1. ios 12 will be released together with new devices, according to?
2. are the ios versions very different for different devices, according to the voice?

So only after the presentation we will find out the real technical parameters of the new devices.

therefore, starting a serious development / processing now - does not make economic sense

so it was with the advent of the new pad about, and before it met ...

Yes, and in order to make the developers do software for iPhone X (which was and is not profitable), APL even changed the license

Post has been editedt.r.o.n. - 08.08.18, 14:32

--------------------
ennenn
Message#19
21.08.18, 21:02
Guru
[offline]

Messages 3654
Microsoft Lumia 950

Ride on the carplay from iOS 11.3, body 5s, half a day of navigation without departures, routes offer even better than Yandex, the arrival time counts exactly, in general, progress is evident compared to 9.3, waiting for 12k
By the way the menu has changed, the opportunity to clean up and shuffle applications
Attached Image

Post has been editedennenn - 21.08.18, 21:05

--------------------
t.r.o.n.
Message#20
22.08.18, 13:55
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1533
Apple iPhone 6s

Not about karpley ...
Tell me, how can someone in our country build routes more correctly than Yandex, if only he has information about the traffic situation? Yes, he transmits this information (cropped). Those same cards are exactly like this. Google has no tears on the routes.
I understand that this is a rhetorical question, but it is interesting where the conclusions come from.

I have been many times earlier, and periodically now I compare routes for Moscow. So far, only Yasha offers something sane. Let it be just a personal opinion.

--------------------

5 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04/18/19, 15:15