> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

36 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Amazon Fire HD 10 (2017) - Discussion | Tablet 10.1 "
javlon
Message#1
10.10.17, 01:46
Old resident
[offline]

Group: Curators
Messages 781
Check in: 27.09.11
Motorola Moto E (4th Gen)

DiscussionAmazon Fire HD 10 (2017)
PictureAmazon Fire HD 10 (2017)
Discussion � | Discussion Fire HD 8 �

Specifications
Screen: 10.1 inches with a resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels (density 224 DPI)
Dimensions: 262 x 159 x 9.8 mm
Weight: 500 g (actual weight depends on configuration)
CPU: quad MediaTek MT8173: [email protected] GHz + [email protected] GHz
GPU: PowerVR Rogue GX6250
Amount of memory: 2 Gb of RAM and 32/64 Gb (25.4 /54.1 GB is available to the user; it is additionally expanded by microSD cards up to 256 Gb)
Sound: Dolby Atmos, dual stereo speakers
Front-camera: 720p
Main camera: 2 MP
Connection: dual band dual wifi (802.11a / b / g / n / ac)
Duration of work on one charge: up to 10 hours in "mixed use" mode
Full charge duration: up to 5 hours with the attached salary
Sensors: accelerometer, light sensor
Colour: black, blue, red
In set: tablet, USB 2.0 cable, 9W charger, user manual

Photo
Attached Image
Attached ImageAttached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Useful
Important:
The tablet works on a closed (proprietary) Fire OS-oriented content consumption from Amazon. Although there is compatibility of applications with Android, it is necessary to understand that there are certain limitations. Currently, the firmware is Fire OS 5.6.0.0 (Andorid 5.1.1). It is possible to install Google services.

Recommendation:
Before buying a tablet and then complaining frustratedly about its "shortcomings" when comparing with other devices, be balanced with all the pros and cons. The tablet, like other products of Amazon, wins by price and technical support, at today's average technical specifications.

Getting Root rights, installing Gapps and other utilities
Fire HD 10 Spreading Instructions
Getting root rights on firmware 5.6.2.0 (and earlier) without the use of Kingoroot

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedAlexanderL - 09.08.18, 16:22
Reason for editing: Getting root rights on firmware 5.6.2.0 (and earlier) without the use of Kingoroot
javlon
Message#2
10.10.17, 01:57
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 781

I am the owner of a number of Amazon devices, ranging from the first Kindle reader. IMHO, all the tablets that Amazon has released in the last year or two, can not be compared withAmazon Kindle Fire HDX8.9 (2014-15). Nevertheless, I decided to buy myself this tablet, to see how it works. The estimated delivery date of my tablet is October 17-20. After that I will be ready to share my impressions.

Couple of links

--------------------
Lazy do everything quickly. To quickly get rid of work. And they do it qualitatively. So as not to redo it.
Curator

4 download

javlon
Message#3
17.10.17, 06:00
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 781

got a tablet today
packaging and what's in it
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

first impressions (against the background of AKFHDX): big, heavy, not very stylish. Overall, the quality, as usual at Amazon, is at a good level.
technical data on Aida
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

As usual, there are pre-installed applications Amazon. installed Google services for thisinstructionsand some applications, everything works flawlessly
more screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image

I haven’t figured out Aleksey yet, they promised that they would work without contact, but for now you have to press home to call (communication itself is in English)
Attached Image

at the moment the test Prime is connected, it shows excellent up to 1080, you can download a movie / series and watch a video when there is no access to the Internet
if anyone has any questions, write, try to answer

Post has been editedjavlon - 18.10.17, 20:41

--------------------
Lazy do everything quickly. To quickly get rid of work. And they do it qualitatively. So as not to redo it.
Curator 4
apokrifX
Message#4
17.10.17, 06:32
Guru
[offline]

Group: Developers
Messages 4217
Check in: 04.05.08
HTC Amaze 4G

javlon @ 10/16/17, 10:00 PM*
A week later, write down how the impression will finally develop, pliz.
As it is clear that they took the replacement for HDX 8.9.
In general, for what use and use? For books, movies or games? Or something else? : blush:

--------------------
‡ More aboutTTS & iGoッ

AlexanderL
Message#5
17.10.17, 06:34
del
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 15781
Check in: 12.02.13
Meizu 16th 6/64

M
Topic moved to subsectionAmazon
I ask everyone to readRules section "Android - Devices"

--------------------
MoreI am not a moderator. For questions related to the forum, you are happy to answer existingModerators of the section "Android - Devices"
Blissful
Message#6
17.10.17, 12:18
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 238
Check in: 30.10.07
Xiaomi Mi 8

javlon @ 10/17/17, 06:00*

HDX Do you still have? You can take a picture of the tablets together to better represent the dimensions ...
You have previously used stock firmware or custom:
If the stock, then how are things going with the sound?
Screen versus HDX?
Autonomy with regard to tired HDX battery?

--------------------
HP hx2490 + HTC TD 2 + Huawei u8860 + Acer TAB 510 + Samsung i9001 + Nexus i9250 + Moto XT1058 + LG D802 + Ipad mini + Xiaomi MiPad64 + Ipad 4 + Moto XT1096 + HTC M9 + Moto XT1254+ Amazon KF hdx 8.9 32gb + Amazon KF hdx 8.9 64gb +Samsung S6A+ Mi8 128 Global
javlon
Message#7
17.10.17, 14:08
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 781

* apokrifX,
necessarily
on KFHDX it was mostly video, books / magazines, browsing, sometimes a bit into simple games, this one, in principle, for the same purposes
on the part of heavy games, you yourself know, all that is in the Amazon store, works without any problems on its devices
in terms of reading books (magazines), IMHO, the screen size is a plus, especially in terms of reading pdf (and djvu)
On my Kindle readers with this tight, and for the price this tablet I got as Paperwhite, and so more accessible than the same Voyage (it is clear that the niches of the devices are different, however in terms of use for reading there are +/-)
plus a tablet for comics (for an amateur, of course, while Amazon sometimes throws out hundreds of comics for free)
I'm still using Teamviewer - the larger screen is more convenient;)
and plus for me, in comparison with KFHDX, is the possibility of expanding the memory through cards
in principle, the purchase was guided by these arguments
and experience of use will show whether I was right ...
P.S. If you do not like it, then I will go to Amazon
* Blissful,
KFHDX is my dead, put into recycling and got a promo by buying a new tablet (in more detailhere)
in size, you need to think about what to compare (there is a Shield tablet on hand, Moto E4, Samsung 3 mini - choose)
on KFHDX was a custom, but in principle I am not worried and on the drain
I am not new to the use of devices from Amazon and ready for the features of their use
I don’t even turn off advertising for Amazon, it doesn’t bother me, different screensavers are cool
The screen is worse in resolution, but do not say that it sucks, IMHO the normal screen for its price
about autonomy probably today I will say more precisely, I will play with 100% and see how much it will pull

--------------------
Curator 4
romga1974
Message#8
18.10.17, 20:08
User
[offline]

Messages 69
Check in: 15.02.14
Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 "

javlon @ 10/17/17, 6:00*
installed Google services for this instruction
And you can once again link to the instructions, but this one does not open ((
javlon
Message#9
18.10.17, 21:34
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 781

* romga1974, corrected the link, thanks paid attention. By the way, from Google services I installed another chrome, gboard, maps, gmail. Gmail starts and crashes until the problem is resolved (the hands have not reached). The rest is working fine. The stock keyboard was completely replaced by Google, because on it it is more convenient to implement the switch layout.
The preliminary impressions are as follows:
It’s hard to hold in one hand, the hand gets tired, large fields around the screen are convenient for grasping (especially in a book spread).
The speakers are located in the wide end (on the KFHDX were behind), the sound is normal, everything is audible well, although according to the impressions on the KFHDX the sound was better.
The battery seems to hold the stated time. Yesterday, with more or less active use, by the night more than 30% remained. At the same time, during the day, I installed applications, updated the firmware, watched 50 video minutes, customized for myself, browsing, messengers and all that. I put the application GSam Battery, if it will be interesting, I can post statistics later.
Updating the firmware to 5.5 brought Alex's activation by voice, so now she vigorously responds to her name and fulfills requests that she can fulfill (weather forecast, audio / video activation / switching, launching a newsletter, etc.).
I put the reader, reading pdf on the big screen is certainly more convenient. There are no complaints about the screen size;).
I do not know how long it takes to charge, I put it at night
When working, the tablet sometimes heats up a bit from the side where the camera is located (most likely there is a processor).
At work, it was such that the Internet was falling off, despite the fact that the cell phone was holding up normally. Perhaps due to the settings of the router (2.4 GG) or something else. On a home Wi-Fi router (2.4 and 5, usually 5 GHz) works fine.
I do not use cameras, it is difficult to say something. I put Adobe Scan, if it turns out to keep the tablet without shaking (do not forget its weight), then the pdf is less readable. In general, the camera to be. Again, comparing it with KFHDX, the camera was much better there.
The cover has not yet been taken, because I do not know whether I will leave the tablet or return it. Glass screen with a good oleophobic coating, prints are rubbed off easily. The case of matte rough plastic, prints are not visible, does not slip out of the hands.
So far, such impressions, if there are specific questions - ask, I will try to respond promptly.

--------------------
Curator 4
Lecron
Message#10
19.10.17, 14:33
Local
[online]

Messages 195
Check in: 24.12.08
Fly Magic IQ446

* javlonThank. Mainly interested in compatibility with applications and the ability to install an alternative launcher.
javlon
Message#11
19.10.17, 18:22
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 781

* Lecron,
Good day. Judging by the topicFire HD 8 (2016), you can put almost everything, includinglunchers. Just keep in mind that FireOS is android 5. That is, new versions of applications may not work. If there are any preferences, I can try to install both launchers and applications and games for testing. Let's get the links. I myself try not to take apps on Google because of ads. I usually put with 4PDA fashion.

--------------------
Curator 4
kas202
Message#12
19.10.17, 20:54
Local
[offline]

Messages 148
Check in: 29.01.13

On my old hdx 7 buzz launcher works. Its advantage is that you can use widgets and set the desktop background. Maybe someone here is useful.

My question is on the tablet, and how does it behave in the browser when scrolling through pages? Are there any lags? For me, this is a very critical point.
DyingFetus
Message#13
19.10.17, 22:24
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 1
Check in: 21.12.11

Hello, thank you for the information about your purchase. I have a number of questions here before buying this device:
1) Is the pixel grain visible on the screen?
2) Are there any backlash covers, screen?
3) How is the quality of the charger's nest: is it true that charging is extremely tightly inserted with great effort?
4) How is the brightness of the screen, is it visible on the street on a sunny day what happens on this screen itself?
5) Are there lags and brakes when playing FullHD video from internal memory?
javlon
Message#14
20.10.17, 04:34
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 781

* kas202,
I do not use Silk, I sit on chrome, all the websites I visit (mostly news) work fine, if there are any specific (heavy) websites, send links, I will look at how the pages work on them.
* DyingFetus
1. I have a +1 sight, so I don’t observe any grit :) (I specifically took a magnifying glass, I can of course see the pixels in it, but I don’t see).
2. He does not have a lid (except for the microsd card slot cover), there is no screen play, everything is tight (it’s not even clear how to disassemble it, in which case, the screen is most likely glued to the solid body and it needs to be warmed up to remove it), Of course, the tablet squeaks a little while twisting, but on the whole the assembly is good, in everyday work nothing dangles inside and makes no noise.
3. Yes, small efforts are needed, the plug is inserted tightly into the connector, it may be developed over time, but IMHO it’s good that it doesn’t hang out (I have a phone that doesn’t hold the plug in the slot, so hold it sits tightly than pops out).
4. Now I have a late evening, tomorrow I will pull out into the sun and look, then accomplish my goal.
5. I did not notice while I managed to watch a couple of FHD films from Amazon Prime (including Spectrum, there are dynamic scenes there) andLiar. Films from Amazon watched a regular player, a liar in MX Player Pro. If there are any preferences for specific films or players, give the link download and see.
P.S. Looking to the tablet and potential buyers, I recommend waiting for Black Friday (a little more than a month left), probably as usual there will be discounts (and most likely not on Amazon, but on BestBuy or Walmart).
P.S.S. In the bright sun almost nothing is visible: (

Post has been editedjavlon - 20.10.17, 22:21
Reason for editing: added info about the screen in the sun

--------------------
Curator 4
Rexton3
Message#15
25.10.17, 10:39
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 25
Check in: 06.05.08

Does Youtube work out of the box?
Applications from PlayMarket can be installed or * .apk-files?
javlon
Message#16
25.10.17, 17:29
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 781

* Rexton3, there is no tytruba initially, I did not try to install it, I use it very rarely, in theory everything should work. First, install the Google services from the link above (* .apk), then calmly put everything you need with the play market. I repeat, I prefer to download mods from the forum to avoid advertising.

Post has been editedjavlon - 25.10.17, 17:35
Reason for editing: Updated info

--------------------
Curator 4
javlon
Message#17
31.10.17, 03:09
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 781

A week later, write down how the impression will finally develop, pliz.

After two weeks of using the experience the following:
In terms of performing the usual tablet functions to it there are no complaints. The tablet performs well for what it was created by Amazon - reading, the Internet, movies / audio, games (I haven't tried it especially hard), purchases (where without them, if it is Amazon). Despite FireOS, Google and its services are easy to install, then everything works without problems. For my money - a decent screen, good sound, a sufficient duration of work from one charge (I have, with average use, enough for 2 days). Cameras - to be (nothing more to say). The big screen is the main plus of the device. This is a great option for reading comics, color magazines, books in pdf. Especially when compared with the price of Paperwhite, Voyage, Oasis readers (without going into the difference between the technologies used). Voice assistant Alex - cool technology. It works well in English (bring it up, or rather turn it on, say it, remind it). Moreover, it is activated non-contact (on other tablets you need to press the Home button). The main plus of the model is the size of the screen, or rather, the size and weight of the tablet associated with it - IMHO, is its minus. After KFHDX it is too big and heavy for me. In one hand for a long time you can not hold. I most likely will pass it back to Amazon. Maybe take an 8-inch model.
Potential buyers advice: before buying, if possible, pick up and check whether or not it fits in size and weight.

--------------------
Curator 4
apokrifX
Message#18
31.10.17, 05:44
Guru
[offline]

Group: Developers
Messages 4217
Check in: 04.05.08
HTC Amaze 4G

javlon @ 10/30/17, 19:09*
After KFHDX it is too big and heavy for me. In one hand for a long time you can not hold.
I had the same feeling after HD 8.9 ". HDX 8.9" turned out to be so much lighter that I took it right away without thinking! : yes2:
Somehow Amazon’s politics after HDX 8.9 "I don’t quite understand ...
Like, read a book and at the same time biceps nakachivaet? : blush:

--------------------
‡ More aboutTTS & iGoッ

art.pugachev
Message#19
09.11.17, 01:44
Local
[offline]

Messages 105
Check in: 05.06.11
Huawei Ideos S7 Slim

Tell me, how did you install Google services? I downloaded them according to the instructions, but when I start the apk I have the install button inactive - gray ...
javlon
Message#20
10.11.17, 16:17
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 781

* art.pugachev, and you are allowed to install from unknown sources?

--------------------
Curator 4
James56
Message#21
11.11.17, 17:36
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 19
Check in: 27.11.08
Microsoft Lumia 640 XL DS

There is the same problem button has ceased to be active
Amazon