> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Super Mario Odyssey (Switch) | Game discussion
Super Mario Odyssey Evaluation
Have you played the game? Rate it on a 10-point scale:
10 [ 150 ] ** [42,02%]
9 [ 51 ] ** [14,29%]
8 [ 38 ] ** [10,64%]
7 [ 10 ] ** [2,8%]
6 [ 2 ] ** [0,56%]
5 [ 3 ] ** [0,84%]
4 [ 2 ] ** [0,56%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0%]
1 [ 2 ] ** [0,56%]
I did not play, I want to know the results [ 99 ] ** [27,73%]
Total votes: 357

Rep: (500)
Super Mario Odyssey

Attached Image

Description:
Super Mario Odyssey - a new large-scale 3D-platform game in the legendary series of games. Join Mario in an exciting adventure on the flying ship "Odyssey" and prevent his sworn enemy Bowser from marrying the beautiful princess Peach. Visit amazing locations beyond the borders of the Mushroom Kingdom, explore large three-dimensional areas in search of moons and secrets, use new skills and techniques, drive vehicles, dress up in various costumes. Keppi, a new partner of Mario, will endow the hero with such unusual abilities as jumping from a hat, throwing a hat and slapping - a mustache can slap objects and even enemies to control them. You are waited by the amusing fascinating gameplay which is fully using all opportunities of the game Nintendo Switch console!

Release date: 10.27.2017
Publisher: Nintendo
Platform: Nintendo switch
Genre: 3D platformer, adventure
Russian language: there is
Number of players: 1-2

Super Mario Odyssey Prima Collector's Edition Game Guide (English, 488 MB)
The official soundtrack for the game - Jump Up, Super Star!
Simple wallpapers by Super Mario Odyssey for computer, tablet, smartphone

Game FAQ
Super Mario Odyssey - the game is simple and clear. Below are just the basic questions that newbies have and their answers.

How many game locations are there?
The game has 14 different kingdoms + 1 kingdom and 2 locations on the moon, available after the final battle with Bowser.

What are moons for and how many of them?
The moon will allow you to travel on the ship "Odyssey" in other kingdoms. Also, the appearance of new suits in the store depends on the number of moons.
To complete the game you need to collect at least 500 moons (total of 999), most of them will be available only after passing the story campaign.

Where to look for the moon?
The moons are scattered almost everywhere, but many of them must be sought in the most unexpected places. The search tips for the moons are given by the Toad Advisor and the parrot Poboltaychik, they appear after passing through each location - in addition to marking on the map, additional advice on finding the moon can even be in the name of the hint. In different locations, you can find a picture-hint that will help to find the moon in another location. At mini-levels, two moons are usually available — one at the end of the level, the second is cleverly hidden. If the gamepad starts to vibrate when the hero moves, then there may be a moon under your feet, take a jump with a blow down. In some locations the dog runs in a hat, try to walk around the area with him. Catch rabbits and birds. Do not miss the luminous objects. Win competitions. If you encounter difficulties in finding and obtaining moons, read the game guide (link above).

Give advice on what is better to spend gaming coins?
Gold coins can be spent on everything that is available in the store. Their number in the game is unlimited, we advise you to always have at least 10 thousand with you.
For purple coins, we first recommend buying clothes - she, unlike souvenirs for the ship, is often necessary to complete tasks.

At the levels come across pictures or empty frames from them, what are they for?
Pictures are portals to inaccessible places in other kingdoms, where moons are hidden there. Empty frames become pictures as you progress through the game.

In each kingdom there is one large cube, how to open it?
Each cube stores extra moons. Cubes open after the first playthrough.

I can not score 100 points in volleyball competitions, what should I do?
In the menu, switch to the game together and try to play volleyball, driving Keppi. Due to its speed to score 100 points is not difficult.

Does the game end after passing?
After the completion of the storyline campaign, new locations, tasks and tests of an increased level of complexity appear. You can go through them in any order.

How much time will it take to complete the game?
An average of 25-30 hours with active collecting moons initially available. Complete walkthrough with collecting all 999 moons will take you at least 75 hours.

Reviews

Cover
Attached Image

Screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Trailers

P.S. As of March 31, 2019, more than 14.44 million copies of the game were sold.

Post has been editedyan_d - 24.06.19, 11:12

Rep: (228)
Month from release. The last moon remained on the last level. Spent 70 hours. It seems that during the collection of all the moons and purple coins I learned the locations of the game by heart) I really liked the toy.

Post has been editedPustayaPa4ka - 27.11.17, 12:59

Rep: (23)
* PustayaPa4ka,
I went through the story yesterday and realized that the game is just beginning: D

* rumatik,
My story ended on November 1st, and then the game started: D
By the way, the game has 3 very annoying moons.

# 25 in the mushroom kingdom. I sincerely wonder how many people have guessed how to find it. I spent at least an hour there, knowing from the in-game hints, what it is there, and what it is called, but ... um, I will try without spoilers, in general, what needs to be done there, I haven’t done in the game before I never knew that you could do that. In the end, gave up, googled and was unhappy.

# 30 in the city. That rare moment where the developers of Nintendo changed the sense of taste. Not only is the task questionable (albeit undeniably difficult), it also drives out how it starts. Not surprisingly, in the end, there were quite a lot of people who spend a lot of time calling a glitch instead of passing a challenge. In essence, the torture of glitch is almost at the level of the test itself.

# 76 in the sandy. It was possible to guess, and I'm sorry that I finally gave up. I looked at this moon a long time ago, practically from the first visit to the kingdom (at the end of October), and I googled it yesterday. Already sick of one of its kind. In principle, I was close, but in the end, in my opinion, it is not so in it - the developers have never explained to you the method, if one can say so, timing timing (who passed, will understand). Here, unlike the first example, it was still possible to guess, but, nevertheless, I believe that this is a miscalculation of the developers - you need to let the player understand the connection between his actions and the beginning of the reference.

Post has been editedPustayaPa4ka - 27.11.17, 13:51

Yesterday I completed the final location ... 5 hours on the 10-minute level: wallbash: ... to find out later that at this level you could cheat: suicide :.
But in general, I like that after the passage there is no feeling that everything is over, as it happens in different RPGs. You can play on, a lot of new content.
Many have written that direct control is sharpened by the Joycons, that there are moments that can only be passed with their help. Honestly, I have never encountered this on Pro.

Post has been editedyan_d - 27.11.17, 14:03

* yan_d,
Where are you so stuck there ???

* rumatik,
Yes, here at the end just adishche)

* PustayaPa4ka,
I did not notice ...

* rumatik,
This is not about the end of the plot, but about the last moon in the last world.

Where are you so stuck there ???

When you collect 500 moons - find out :)

Post has been editedyan_d - 27.11.17, 15:07

Comrades, sorry, if the question is stupid, but: I understand correctly that on the pro controller in the game you cannot make gestures that are made by one joystick? Those. Is he always without options considered only as both joey at once?

I went through the whole game on Pro and never had a moment where I had to use separate joey for passing. Abrupt movements Pro was quite enough for any acceleration, etc. The game generally has a lot of contrived tricks that do not necessarily use. Even stupidly throwing a hat in a circle - used it twice.

Post has been editedyan_d - 29.11.17, 10:35

* yan_d,
Throw a circle in general is a very strange gesture. He rarely worked for me. While most of the game I went through with separate joycons. So yes, I agree, the gestures in the game are not critical. Although I remember at least one moon, which is extracted only with a circular throw of a hat.

Rep: (16)
PustayaPa4ka @ 11/29/17, 10:33*
Throw a circle in general is a very strange gesture. He rarely worked for me.

On the controller, the circular throw is easier to do than on the joikons, you need to talk the controller back and forth with the handle with one hand;

# 25 in the mushroom kingdom. I sincerely wonder how many people have guessed how to find it.

Here, yes, guess the most unreal.

# 30 in the city. That rare moment where the developers of Nintendo changed the sense of taste.

In fact, it was just plain obscene, from 5 attempts mastered. Somewhere from 40stupidly get into the rhythm by pressing B without stopping, even the screen can not watch- that's the whole secret. I have not yet mastered volleyball in the Beach Kingdom.

# 76 in the sandy. It was possible to guess, and I'm sorry that I finally gave up.

It also did not cause any special problems, as there are simply no other options to break the box. Same # 43 I would not have found in my life without reading the guide.

Post has been editedyan_d - 07.12.17, 00:44

Rep: (0)
Guys, what to do with metal cubes that are on each level?

* Shizao
Nothing yet. When you can be - you will understand.

* Shizao In the cap there is a FAK, there is also an answer

Rep: (10)
Sorry for the offtopic, but tell me what is the game and is it possible to play on android? Emulator what you need

This game is an exclusive for the Nintendo Switch gaming console, the emulator of which will appear on Android in 15 years and then hardly.

Post has been editedyan_d - 06.01.18, 23:04

Rep: (10)
* yan_d, The emulator is possible, as the console is infrequent to say the least, but the game port is quite possible, maybe even Nintendo will release it itself, maybe for a fee

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/25/19/06: 58