Dexp atlas h116 - Discussion | [notebook] Windows 8 | 15.3 "| Intel core i3-4000M 2.4GHz | 4GB RAM

Rep: (1)
Dexp atlas h116 - Discussion пїЅ | Description | Buying and Accessories пїЅ
Windows 8 | 15.3 "| Intel core i3-4000M 2.4GHz | 4GB
Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows UWP Discussion пїЅ | Intel Cherry Trail Gaming Discussion пїЅ | Android | Remix OS | Linux on tablets пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance tablet owners пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Operating systems and software

Specifications
CPU
Processor manufacturer
Intel
Processor line
Intel Core i3
Processor model
Core i3 4000M
The number of processor cores
Frequency
2.4 GHz
Automatic frequency increase
not
L2 cache
512 Kb
L3 cache
3 Mb
Processor architecture
Haswell
RAM
Type of RAM
DDR3L
RAM frequency
1600 MHz
RAM Size
4 GB
The number of slots for memory modules
Maximum settable memory
16 GB
Graphic accelerator
View graphics accelerator
discrete and embedded
Video chip manufacturer
nVidia
Model of a discrete video card
GeForce 940M
Type of video memory
DDR3
Video memory capacity
2 GB
Built-in video card model
Intel HD 4600
CrossFire / SLI array
not
Futuremark Graphics Card Performance Index
additional information
Classification
Device type
a laptop
operating system
without OS
Model
DEXP Atlas H116
Manufacturer Code
Gaming laptop
not
Appearance
Top cover color
Gray
Housing and input devices
Body material
plastic
Design
classical
Numeric keypad block
there is
Key illumination
not
Screen
Screen type
TN + film
Screen diagonal
15.6"
Screen resolution
1366x768
Format name
Hd
Pixel density
101 PPI
Screen cover
glossy
3D screen
not
Touch screen
not
Built-in additional equipment
Webcam
there is
Extended Speaker System
not
Built-in microphone
there is
Memory card support by card reader
mini SD, MMC, MS, MS Duo, MS PRO, RSMMC, SD, SDHC, SDXC
Optical drive
DVD-SMulti
Internet / data transfer
Wireless Internet access
Wi-Fi
Wi-Fi standard
802.11b / g / n
Network adapter view (Ethernet)
built
Network adapter speed
1000 Mbps
Support for additional data types
Bluetooth 4.0 + LE
Interfaces / Connectors
USB 2.0 ports
USB 3.0 Ports
USB Type-C Ports
not
Video interfaces
HDMI, VGA (D-Sub)
Audio interfaces
3.5 mm jack (audio / headphones), 3.5 mm jack (microphone)
Additional interfaces
combined eSATA / USB 3.0
Nutrition
Battery type
Li-ion
Battery capacity
4400 mAh
Approximate battery life
4 h
Additional Information
Equipment
battery, power supply, software disc, documentation
Fingerprint scanner
not
Kensington Castle
there is
Features Additional
1.0 MP webcam, mSATA slot
Dimensions, weight
Depth
256 mm
Width
374 mm
Thickness
31.4 mm
Weight
2.7 kg

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling caps, please contactauto RU in QMS or moderators section through a button Pictureunder the messages. How to do it right, what would you understand the first time, well describedhere.

By the way, a great laptop. Already like a year with him.

Installing Windows 7 on this laptop:
1. Disable UEFI: by F2 we go into the BIOS, there on the “Boot” tab set UEFI Boot - [Disabled], everything, exit the BIOS with the changes saved.
2. On the preinstalled WIN 8.1, the hard drive is formatted in GPT format, for installation 7 you need to convert to MBR. Using Acronis, we demolish all partitions on a disk (all data will be lost), convert it to MBR, split an empty disk into new partitions.
3. Next, the standard installation of Windows 7 from a DVD-ROM or flash drive. Download all the drivers for the sevenhttps://dexp.club/

Laptop algreds:
The laptop has a slot for mSata. Therefore, you can add additional SSD without picking out the drive.
There are two slots for RAM. Initially, only one slot is occupied.

Post has been editedEnuvin - 05.10.17, 13:58

We eliminate the noise (rustling, rattling) of the fan 6-23-AW15E-011 (ab7905hx-de3) of the Dexp atlas h116 laptop.
The ab7905hx-de3 fans were installed on various models of laptops on the Clevo platform (DNS, DEXP, MSI), each model has its own type of fan with the corresponding markings: 6-23-AW15E-010, 6-23-AW15E-011, 6-31 -W150N-201, 6-31-W370S-101 Outwardly, as I understand it, they are the same, the only difference is the length of the power wiring.
Once there was a time that the fan disgusting rustling. Usually the problem is solved elementary - grease. Try to understand it, it did not work. I read the forums learned that the jamb with rustling these fans (including new) happens sometimes, but they allegedly CIP, and just like that it does not lubricate. Only in one place I came to the elementary advice. To disassemble, simply pliers that clamp the impeller in the center and pull firmly, it disconnects, without risk to break off the fragile blades.

Phased for Dexp atlas h116:
1. Unscrew the back cover of the laptop. Ease of access to the insides of the laptop is one of the big advantages of Dexp-s, two bolts were unscrewed and the lid was shifted to the side
2. Unscrew the fan itself (bolts 1,2,3 in the photo), carefully disconnect the power cable
3. Unscrew the 4 bolts (in the photo 4,5,6,7) at the iron fan cover. Everything, then we pick up suitable pliers (not all will fit), with which you can reliably hold the center of the impeller and pull with effort, we are not afraid. Cotton and fan disassembled.
4. Lubricate the bushing (I use ordinary gear oil for a car) and assemble everything back. Enjoy the quiet fan again. :)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

We solve the problem of clicking / clicking HDD. Disable the frequent parking of heads on the Western Digital hard drive.
The Council will be relevant not only for the owners DEXP, and anyone who drives from WD and heard frequent clatter heads. The manufacturer claims that invented this technology - heads parking is simple, to reduce power consumption, reduce wear. But nuance is that the parking is done very often. Depending on the specific model and the disc configuration, parking can occur, for example, every 8, 10, 12 seconds. In the end, sitting at noutom, and constantly hear these klats-klats, klats-klats, though not loud. Plus, when the disc is completely stopped, then when activating intermittent plugging in. I remember useful to look SMART and ofigel there parameter В«Load / Unload Cycle countВ» (the number of heads of parking) was under 30,000 and the В«Start / Stop CountВ» 12 thousand after the first month of use nouta. Compared with other noutom they actively use a few years, so there are all these settings by a few thousand.
Googled the topic, it turns out that this chip from WD has long been known and discussed on the network, on the subject of how to overcome it, because, firstly, these clatter annoy, and secondly, the discs are tacked much faster with this “new energy-saving technology”, active use, you can get a problem HDD in a year.
In general, there are two solutions. First: make a bootable USB flash drive, and through the special utility "WDIdle3" change the parameters of the hard disk (google for details). I did not do this option, so I don’t know if it will work on our disk model or not. The second way is easier, you can disable the HDD head parking by the HDDScan program, creating a special bat-file in it. Run it, go to the New Task ->Build Comand Line. In the «Advanced Power Management» put the check point to Disabled. Press the Save button and Asking a name for the BAT-file. All start-up of this file will disable the constant head parking. The only negative and inconvenience of this method (in contrast to the first) is that each time you start / reboot Note, or exit from the sleep mode, the parameter «Advanced Power Management» will be dropped and created a batch file to run every time again. Therefore, you need to throw a batch file in the Startup that he picks up at startup. And here is how the batch file after the autorun from sleep, did not find the way except as a shortcut on your desktop and manually. But since sleep is rarely used, I do not particularly relevant.
That's it, now for more than a year of the laptop’s work, the “Load / Unload Cycle count” parameter remains 30 thousand with copecks. If he hadn’t done anything, then, probably, the figure would have exceeded 400 thousand, despite the fact that the manufacturer claims that the disks can withstand from 300 to 600 thousand parking lots without problems.

As I understand it, it is impossible to overclock this laptop, since overclocking is impossible on the processor, and overclocking the video card is of no apparent use. If it is not correct.

Post has been editedEnuvin - 06.11.17, 16:25

Rep: (0)
tell me what is the maximum amount of memory mSATA can be installed in it? are there any memory requirements?

Addition to the message from 10.19.17, 12:18 about stopping the auto-parking mode of the disk heads using the HDDScan program and the bat file created in it.
Found a way to solve the nuance with this method, when after exiting sleep mode, it was necessary to manually re-run the bat-file to stop parking. You can automate everything with a small program AutoHotkey. We install it, create a special script (a text file which we then change the extension to * .ahk) that tracks the way out of sleep and launches a batch file for this event. (the script code below is under the spoiler, tested working on Win7) and we drop it into autoload too.
There is also a second way, without any AutoHotkey and scripts, through the "Task Scheduler" Windows also register there auto-launch of a batch file for an event to exit sleep mode. I did not check this method, it works / does not work, I can’t say, I just read somewhere that it’s possible to do so.

Code
; The script monitors the event "wake up" and then runs the specified bat-file (below in the code line: "C: \ wd_stop_parking_hdd.bat" - register the path to your bat-file)
OnMessage (0x0218, "WM_POWERBROADCAST")
Return
WM_POWERBROADCAST (wParam, lParam)
{
PBT_APMRESUMECRITICAL: = 0x0006
PBT_APMRESUMESUSPEND: = 0x0007
PBT_APMRESUMEAUTOMATIC: = 0x0012

If (wParam = PBT_APMRESUMEAUTOMATIC) Or (wParam = PBT_APMRESUMESUSPEND) Or (wParam = PBT_APMRESUMECRITICAL)
Run, C: \ wd_stop_parking_hdd.bat
Return
}

* l1730s, volume in msata as much as you like. A ddr3 RAM and a frequency of 1600 MHz (maybe more, but there is no use.).

this model is available, I want to put a processor more powerful, which ones can I put?

Post has been editedveralom - 06.03.18, 18:41

Greetings to all!
I’ve been sitting with this problem on this model for already 2 years, the search for a solution has never led to anything. I hope that help will be found here.
All the problems observed only on Windows 7. After starting the operating system and of the short period of operation time, running third-party software after the closure hanging in the working process and the process is not closed. Just run games (again, after which time the OS works) simply results in Visu process in memory without running the course, which is also not killed. Of course the original OS. Only a reboot helps produce a run of games. As at the end of the OS finally goes out as it should display, but the work continues nouta. Therefore, again, we have to sit on 10ke. Prompt where to dig in order to get rid of Win7 hanging process after closing and run games after a certain time of the OS (surfing in the browser, the work of other software) and proper completion of work of the laptop (it is necessary at the end to keep the power button to complete). Many thanks for any tips)

Veralom @ 03/07/2018, 00:40*
this model is available, I want to put a processor more powerful, which ones can I put?

I think it’s better to buy a laptop more powerful, because it’s too confused in terms of processor search. There are many things to consider in compatibility and cooling. For example, if you put too powerful a processor, the cooling can’t cope and everything will burn. If you find and replace, the performance gain will still not be very.

* happylas
Have you tried other win7 images (unofficial)?

* Enuvin,
Tried assembly ver. 4 from m0nkrus`a. But can it really matter?

* happylas
Well, like if vin10 is all normal and vin7 is bad then the software problem is obtained then. I once sat on the seven all the rules were. It only occurs to me that you have an image of a curve, so try another one (I used the image from ovgorskiy to install it from scratch, and if it doesn’t help, I don’t even know).

Tell me how you can throw off the bios password on this laptop, I've already tried many ways, including pulled out the bios battery and closed the contacts

* MAXIMUSAR,
The password is in non-volatile memory. Simple contact closures and battery removal do nothing.
Instructions for resetting the BIOS password.
Disconnect the battery
Disconnect the BIOS battery
We remove the hard drive (just in case)
We leave memory (Be sure to leave)
We are looking for two contact points marked JRST2501 near the BIOS battery socket
(there are 3 of them near the battery: JRST2501, JRST2001 and aside JRST2002)
They are in the form of triangles with a point of contact. We only need JRST2501,
it is closest to the battery socket.
We connect external power.
We open the lid of the laptop.
We close the JRST2501, turn on the power with the other hand.
We are waiting for the BIOS image to appear on the screen. open the JRST2501.
Voila, the password has been reset.
Try this instruction.
WARNING! To avoid short circuits and failure of the laptop, do not touch the board and parts with your hands and a screwdriver! Test yourself for static electricity.

Post has been editedEnuvin - 02.04.18, 11:41

* happylas
Put 10k and do not worry, I had the same problem on 7k, I did not find a solution. At 10 all the rules.

Post has been editedWolf frost - 22.04.18, 12:42

Rep: (11)
Wolf FrOsT @ 04/22/2018, 2:33 p.m.*
* happylas
Put 10k and do not worry, I had the same problem on 7k, I did not find a solution. At 10 all the rules.

I recently bought this notebook and also noticed this problem even hanging on a reboot (

Rep: (11)
Who doesn’t bother with a bare chipset chip without a heatsink?

Rep: (10)
* veralom,
I installed i7 4700mq, everything works.

Posted on 04/30/2018, 10:05 PM:

Comrades, the left speaker refused. Reinstalling drivers, resetting bios did not help. Has anyone come across this?

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 27/09/19, 18:31