Choosing a device for your child | This theme is designed to select devices for your children.

Rep: (234)
Device selectionfor your child

Attached Image FAQ on the Selection and Comparison of Portable Devices | Attached Image FAQ on buying portable devices abroad |
Attached Image Buying devices | Attached Image How to choose a tablet?

This topic was created specifically to help people who do not know exactly what kind of device their children need.

What you need to specify in the message!
1) What is the device for (reading books, calls, watching movies, internet, navigation, music, etc.). Write everything your child intends to use if you do not know what he needs, or if this is his first device, familiarize yourself with the Basic features of portable devices:
Key features of portable devices
The main features of portable devices (the answer to the question, why do you buy not just a phone for yourself):
- Making calls (including video calls) through the network of the cellular operator. Ability to record telephone conversations;
- Exchange text and multimedia messaging (SMS, MMS) through the network of the cellular operator;
- Reading electronic books and documents;
-Photographing and recording video;
-Navigation: compass, interactive maps, location and routing (by ground and metro);
-View: previously downloaded videos and movies of any format, as well as streaming video over the Internet or from the network with the ability to output to an external display device;
- Listening to previously downloaded music of any format, as well as streaming music through the Internet or from the network with the ability to output sound to an external device;
-Viewing websites (in the full format with support for flash, Java and other languages)
-Access to the Internet through the network of the cellular operator and Wi-Fi and all the resulting opportunities;
-VoIP or IP-telephony - voice and video communication via the Internet (skype, sip);
-Communication:
- instant messaging services via the Internet, such as ICQ, whatsup, Jabber, etc;
- social networks;
Work with office documents (text files, tables and databases, presentations);
-Email;
-Notes: text, voice (voice recorder), etc .;
-Dictionaries and translators;
-USB-drive information;
- Reading and writing to external USB-drives;
-The use of training and sports programs, specialized engineering, medical and other applications;
-Listening FM radio;
- Scheduler and alarm clock;
-Calculator;
-Stopwatch;
- Distribution of Internet access (obtained by means of the cellular operator’s network) to other devices via Wi-Fi, USB and Bluetooth (software Wi-Fi access point, USB modem, Bluetooth modem);
-Fm transmitter;
-Torch;
-Games and fun.

2) Approximate diagonal device
3) Country of purchase, the possibility of buying abroad
4) Maximum budget
5) Minimum budget
6) Additional functions that the purchased device should have, only if you intend to use them, do not need to take "that was." For example, the presence of a front camera, NFC, memory card or other characteristics. If the child does not plan to use these functions or does not know whether they need them or not, you do not need to write about them or ask if they are necessary for his tasks.

What you should not specify:

1) Specifications, specific processors, memory, etc.
2) It is not necessary to write the intended type of device: navigator, tablet, smartphone, communicator, telephone, and so on.

10 commandments novice

Rules section "Selection and Comparison"

The rules of the topic! (Be sure to understand)
1. It is forbidden to create duplicate messages from other topics of choice, clogging the forum will not speed up the resolution of your questions;
2. The uninformative name of the topic "help choose";
3. Answer without explanation, example: “take S3 it is a hundred times better”;
4. The so-called "holivary" is prohibited in this topic. For thematic disputes, there is a corresponding branch.
5. When using a template, it is sufficient to simply number the items. No need to quote items or the entire template together.
6. The opinion that you write in this topic should be justified. Messages like "iPhone shit - android taxis" and other baseless messages will be deleted, and especially zealous posters of such messages will be awarded with orders in the form of warnings and RO.

At our forum, it is customary to thank for improving reputation (Attached Image), no need to leave non-informative messages "Thank you!" etc. If you have less than 15 messages, then click on the "Complaint" button (Attached Image) and write who helped you.
We also strongly advise you to familiarize yourself with the topic before writing a post."All the most important of the section" Selection and Comparison ""in order to avoid any misunderstandings and ignorance of terminology / abbreviations.

Addition about referral links!
I draw your attention that any links to ali of this type:
s aliexpress com
s click Aliexpress com
s.click.aliexpress.com/e/
s aliexpress com
... will be blocked because they are referrals and violate forum rules.

Post has been editedgabby - 27.09.18, 15:28

Rep: (18)
Hello. I want a child to buy a tablet. Budget 10k. Minimal I see no reason to write: D
What will do: in the first game. Demanding enough. WOT Blitz including.
View godless videos on YouTube.
View multi / movies in the browser.
Presence of desirable (optional): sim card, GLONASS, OTG.
Availability required: slot for SD, GPS, WI-FI.
The diagonal is preferably 8-10, but I will consider options 7 "(although then you can take a smartphone, but no).
Naturally android.
And the battery is fatter and bigger. : D
Country of purchase - Race. You can buy in online stores. Region - MSC.

Rep: (234)
* BobBTV,
Tablet Hmm.
Up to 10 I do not know, but up to 13k here is the list:
- Lenovo Tab 4 TB-X304L 10.1 "16Gb LTE Black
- Huawei MediaPad T3 16Gb LTE
- ASUS Zenpad Z301ML 10 "16Gb LTE

Rep: (2)
Hello. Advise the device. The budget is 5000-6000r. The screen diagonal is 5.5, support 4 gi. The girl is 10 years old.

Rep: (1)
Sit down, perhaps. Also need a phone for a daughter of 10 years. You can consider buying from Ali. While dug up the Blackview A7. Purpose:
View godless videos on YouTube.
View multi / movies in the browser.
Sticking in social. Networks and messengers of all stripes.

I chose the Nomu S10 for my child (now Umi London - there is no living place, the year did not even last).
A child is 8 years old.

Yesterday at the playground I heard a conversation between two children. In appearance years 6-7. One asks another: "Did you already buy an iPhone for you?" . Oh, these children: sveta:: wacko:

Rep: (0)
Good day!

A tablet is needed for cartoons and games of the "det. Garden" level.
Can be without a SIM card slot.
Diagonal 9-11 ".
Russia, it is possible to buy on Ali.
Budget up to 6000 p.

Good day!

A tablet is needed for cartoons and games of the "det. Garden" level.
Can be without a SIM card slot.
Diagonal 9-11 ".
Russia, it is possible to buy on Ali.
Budget up to 6000 p.

I join the question, It is possible and 7-inches, but the operatives are probably at least 2 - so that video from YouTube does not slow down

* zarew01 , good day. All with the righteous people holidays !! A similar situation is needed tablet for a child

not very here advisers. we have now Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70L 16Gb
All videos are dragged normally, but my wife says find cheaper, and then she will break. something he often drops it.
I also went to 4pd, and here there are more questioners

Rep: (5)
* Adqw74,
Look in the direction of Pixelphone s1, only there is a diagonal of 5, but there is 4g, an imprint and a very good sound (it is worth the amp), so in headphones you can listen to the music))

* From_me , Thanks for the advice, but have already taken Lenovo Pop 4 with for 7000))) p.s: really interesting device. In bookmarks.

Post has been editedAdqw74 - 17.03.18, 04:14
Reason for editing: Addition

Hello! A 11-year-old child really wants an iPhone, because many people in school. He now has Xiaomi redmi 4 prime. Options for iPhone 6s or se. The question is, will any of them be better than the existing syaomi? Or is it reasonable for the same 20k to persuade to buy a more sophisticated android? To the question “which is better: a more powerful android with a big battery or an iPhone?”, The minor said that it is the iPhone that is fundamentally needed.
The budget is a maximum of 25k, buying in Moscow
Used mainly for games (the more demanding, the better, but beloved Minecraft), social networks and vidos on YouTube.

* Lucia666, Here the answer is obvious, to persuade and buy a newer android. Yes, and for a child aged 11, redmi 4 is not so bad

Post has been editeddima0798 - 27.04.18, 18:34

A similar situation with a daughter of 12 years.
Maize and Xiomi had a few pieces with a screen 5.5, gone ...
We began to persuade us about the stub, this is a cult among them, on the one hand I understand, we also had our own troubles in the early 90s ...
We agreed, only with the persuasion of 6S or 6S +, if the screen is 5.5, then a book cover is bought, if 4.7, then a silicone case and glass, the choice of the daughter was 6S. Joy of course there was no edge ...

Hello.

Help me choose a smart watch or a smart bracelet for a child.

What is needed from the gadget:
1) Ability to select on-screen clock - electronic or analog;
2) Long autonomy - 30-35 days without recharging;
3) The minimum of all sorts of "bells and whistles" - the type of calls from the clock, and what else is there!
4) Compactness and integrity. The ideal size of Xiaomi Mi Band 2.

Well, now the data on the child.
The hand of the daughter is thin - the same Mi Band 2 buttoned up on the last hole on the strap scrolls on the hand.
It also does not fit the fact that for charging it is necessary to remove it from the strap.
Who has any thoughts or suggestions?

Rep: (43)
* koleso79 , took the child's flagship on the android at one time, left it on the windowsill at school a few months later. Since then, all the phones are not more expensive than 10,000-11,000 rubles.

kneztc @ 05/21/2018, 13:38*
* koleso79 , took the child the flagship on the android in due time ...

I understand you perfectly, I agree. We try to teach children to appreciate what they have ...

Rep: (43)
* koleso79 , saves, but after a year there is no live place on the phone. She is active with us. Waiting for 16 years to buy a motorcycle.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/20/19, 02:34