Cayin N3 [Other] | [Multimedia player]

Rep: (14)
DiscussionCayin n3
Discussion пїЅ

Specifications
DAC: AK4490EN
Gain: OPA1652 + OPA1622
Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz (В± 0.3 dB) пјЊ 5 Hz - 50 kHz (В± 2 dB)
Dynamic range: 108 dB
Total harmonic distortion + noise: 0.03% @ 1 kHz
Signal to noise ratio: 108 dB
Power: 2 Г— 130 mW @ 32О©
Output Impedance: ≤1Ω
Bluetooth: 4.0, APT-X
Memory Cards: MicroSD up to 256 GB
Headphone output: 3.5 mm TRRS with support for CTIA headsets, S / PDIF with an adapter via USB output
Input: USB-C with USB DAC, USB Audio, USB OTG
Supported formats: WAV, AIFF, FLAC, ALAC, APE, WMA (lossless and lossy), OGG, MP3
Supported resolution: up to 384 kHz for WAV and AIFF, up to 192 kHz for FLAC, ALAC, APE, up to 96 kHz for APE and WMA Lossless
DSD support: up to DSD256, DSF, DFF, SACD-ISO
USB DAC: up to 192 kHz / 24 bit, DSD up to 128
Operating time from one charge: up to 12 hours
Charging time: ~ 2 h.
Screen: TFT 2.4 ″, 400 × 360
Dimensions: 100 mm Г— 54 mm Г— 13 mm
Weight: ~ 100g
The ability to control from your smartphone via HibyMusic.
A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Official firmware
Custom firmware
firmware 3.1 from Forcen89
Firmware 2.2 from mestniy.
Custom firmware from Xokadi
Cayin N3 firmware v3.1 Modded [ZxT]
Cayin N3 FW v3.1 Modded By Dendy8bit
Cayin N3 FW v3.1 Modded By Dendy8bit V2

2.2 by mestniy (player.ru)
In addition to the author's work, 90% of the XVortex mod is integrated into the firmware.
1) Interpretation and processing of Russian and English languages. Fixes of incorrect reflection.
2) Compressing a small number of graphics, specifically, butanimation and rare interface elements
3) Stream decoding is accelerated - binary documents are streamlined. Interface is accelerated, processing via Bluetooth
4) Replaced common font on Roboto Condensed
5) Uncommented some parameters that are responsible for Bluetooth. Removed 30 second connection limit
6) Faster interface due to XVortex script
Download

2.1 by olegusoshin
Integrated normal Russian font.
Download

2.0 from XVortex
Fixed Russian font (taken from FiiO), corrected Russian language;
- English language corrected (by gLer);
- Optimized graphics and streamlined binaries (for speed);
- All graphics stock (!) / Without vulgarity
Download

Useful
The program for editing the firmware
Instructions for using the program for editing firmware
Utilities and drivers
Cayin USB Audio Driver

"mod" for bass enhancement
Theme Tool with normal internal structure
Systematized info on album art files
Homemade USB Type-C to Coaxial Cable

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedvelikashkin - 30.03.19, 07:24
Reason for editing: Cayin N3 FW v3.1 Modded By Dendy8bit V2

Rep: (15)
all the same, aptx codec is a normal thing) together with platronics back beat pro 2 sounds good), it would be louder, but apparently the sensitivity of the ears does not give)

Does anyone have a cs-30tcr cable wiring diagram? And then his price is absolutely awkward.

Does everyone have a battery eating if it's turned off? It’s been up for five 10-20% days, but when playing, the consumption is miserable even with BT and hiby at high amp, MB firmware?

Today, I used the whole working day as a source - from 9:00 to 18:00 the player withstood full volume, and still 10 percent of the charge remained. So the player keeps the declared charge time.

Rep: (86)
Custom firmware 2.0 for N3 from Vortex aka XVortex:
- Fixed Russian font (taken from FiiO), adjusted Russian language;
- All graphics are stock (!) / Without vulgarity.

If you want to treat a pretty penny

Vortex aka XVortex
I have almost no interest in this device, but I will edit the release firmware, as far as possible. With all sorts of beta, please do not pester

Rep: (0)
* Winogradoff I welcome. It keeps me 14 hours - 15 listening at a comfortable volume. 2 working days listening.
Overall satisfied.
But I have firmware 1.1.
Right now I want to last from the office. Site to try to flash. I think - would it be better ...?

* SlavanDOS, I bought the player with firmware 2.1, so there’s nothing to compare with. As far as I understand, only in the latest versions hiby appeared

Custom firmware 2.0 for N3 from Vortex aka XVortex:
- Fixed Russian font (taken from FiiO), adjusted Russian language;
- All graphics are stock (!) / Without vulgarity.

In general, the difference between custom in the changed visualization. I see no reason to change "sewed to soap"

* Winogradoff , understandably)
Update today)))
Let's look at the difference)

2.1 As far as I know, they increased the current acceptance by the device, therefore charging passes faster, there was 2 from the box I noticed a difference

I drove a couple of days at 2.1
Feels like it started to discharge more slowly.
And in the off state there is no self-discharge, at least for a day it did not discharge at all.
I can’t appreciate the sound yet. I’m listening (audiophiles forgive me) for the Koss port pro. And in them the sound is so-so: unsure:
I am engaged in the search for inexpensive and tolerable ears. Who, by the way, is listening on what?

Rep: (22)
Does anyone switch tracks with a headset? I only pause and then through time. Headphones fiio F5.

* mak62621 , tried headphones with only one button - paused.

Rep: (1)
Can anyone tell me about the impressions of using the Cayin N3 with the Marshall Mid? Via cable and via bluetooth with apt-x

Rep: (24)
Does anyone switch tracks with a headset?

Headset Senzer H1. The headset works on pressing (single press-pause, double-next track, triple-previous track), the sound is not adjustable, the volume keys perform the same functions as the main button, i.e. switch tracks.

* gryz-300 , I have the same thing and here, as I understand it, the player has nothing to do with it. The headset ears are sharpened under the iPhone. The volume is therefore not adjustable,

Post has been editedmak62621 - 17.10.17, 12:16

I have the same thing and here, as I understand it, the player has nothing to do with

I would say the opposite, just the player here and what! My headset is paired with oneplus 3 and works great (with all the declared functions). On your own there is a switch (android + ios). I don’t have a headset from iphone, I can’t check. I read on player.ru that there is the same problem for people about adjusting the volume from the headset. I conclude that the problem is in the player (either a headset jack or firmware). We will wait for those who work in order to dispel all doubts.

Post has been editedgryz-300 - 17.10.17, 12:57

* gryz-300,

Now I checked and connected the IPhone headset (RHA T10i) with a digital volume control - it does not work on the player. Pause and track running.

(in fact, I don’t know why this is necessary with HiByLink)

* gryz-300 , Yes, I tried to switch. Without changes.

Posted on 10/17/2017, 13:08:

* gryz-300 , By the way, I also have van place 3t. I have not tried it yet. I only listened for a short time. In my opinion, loses much to the player.

Now I checked, connected the IPhone headset (RHA T10i) with a digital volume control - it does not work on the player

Well then, you can safely summarize,you cannot control the player volume from a wired headset !

By the way, I also have a van place 3t. I have not tried it yet. I only listened for a short time. In my opinion, loses much to the player

I also like the sound of the player much more than oneplus (even taking into account the Crescendo Project mod installed on it, before that there was ViperFX).

Post has been editedgryz-300 - 17.10.17, 17:58

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/16/19, 07:20