Cayin N3 [Other] | [Multimedia player]

Rep: (14)
DiscussionCayin n3
Discussion пїЅ

Specifications
DAC: AK4490EN
Gain: OPA1652 + OPA1622
Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz (В± 0.3 dB) пјЊ 5 Hz - 50 kHz (В± 2 dB)
Dynamic range: 108 dB
Total harmonic distortion + noise: 0.03% @ 1 kHz
Signal to noise ratio: 108 dB
Power: 2 Г— 130 mW @ 32О©
Output Impedance: ≤1Ω
Bluetooth: 4.0, APT-X
Memory Cards: MicroSD up to 256 GB
Headphone output: 3.5 mm TRRS with support for CTIA headsets, S / PDIF with an adapter via USB output
Input: USB-C with USB DAC, USB Audio, USB OTG
Supported formats: WAV, AIFF, FLAC, ALAC, APE, WMA (lossless and lossy), OGG, MP3
Supported resolution: up to 384 kHz for WAV and AIFF, up to 192 kHz for FLAC, ALAC, APE, up to 96 kHz for APE and WMA Lossless
DSD support: up to DSD256, DSF, DFF, SACD-ISO
USB DAC: up to 192 kHz / 24 bit, DSD up to 128
Operating time from one charge: up to 12 hours
Charging time: ~ 2 h.
Screen: TFT 2.4 ″, 400 × 360
Dimensions: 100 mm Г— 54 mm Г— 13 mm
Weight: ~ 100g
The ability to control from your smartphone via HibyMusic.
A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Official firmware
Custom firmware
firmware 3.1 from Forcen89
Firmware 2.2 from mestniy.
Custom firmware from Xokadi
Cayin N3 firmware v3.1 Modded [ZxT]
Cayin N3 FW v3.1 Modded By Dendy8bit
Cayin N3 FW v3.1 Modded By Dendy8bit V2

2.2 by mestniy (player.ru)
In addition to the author's work, 90% of the XVortex mod is integrated into the firmware.
1) Interpretation and processing of Russian and English languages. Fixes of incorrect reflection.
2) Compressing a small number of graphics, specifically, butanimation and rare interface elements
3) Stream decoding is accelerated - binary documents are streamlined. Interface is accelerated, processing via Bluetooth
4) Replaced common font on Roboto Condensed
5) Uncommented some parameters that are responsible for Bluetooth. Removed 30 second connection limit
6) Faster interface due to XVortex script
Download

2.1 by olegusoshin
Integrated normal Russian font.
Download

2.0 from XVortex
Fixed Russian font (taken from FiiO), corrected Russian language;
- English language corrected (by gLer);
- Optimized graphics and streamlined binaries (for speed);
- All graphics stock (!) / Without vulgarity
Download

Useful
The program for editing the firmware
Instructions for using the program for editing firmware
Utilities and drivers
Cayin USB Audio Driver

"mod" for bass enhancement
Theme Tool with normal internal structure
Systematized info on album art files
Homemade USB Type-C to Coaxial Cable

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedvelikashkin - 30.03.19, 07:24
Reason for editing: Cayin N3 FW v3.1 Modded By Dendy8bit V2

Rep: (1261)
Plitochhik @ 03/23/19, 11:22*
I will continue to experiment, but I also wanted to hear the opinion of those who experimented.
so they all have long beenare knownand naturally on SSSlow a minimum of high frequencies, unfortunately for audiophiles, but fortunately for music lovers there is no third-party "brilliance" introduced to the track :)

Rep: (0)
Dear Xokadi, what do you think about the conductive marker or glue instead of soldering ?. And another question, how to fix the lid back. My upper part walks freely, apparently only kept on the corners of silicone.

Post has been editedalerik7607 - 25.03.19, 08:19

Rep: (1261)
What do you think about the conductive marker or glue instead of soldering?
solder is better. Here microcurrents and millivolts, and therefore the glue and marker somehow does not sound reliable.
And another question, how to fix the lid back.
I added a piece of adhesive plaster to each latch and put it together, placing it in the cover, and it is tight.

Rep: (23)
Listened to the player in conjunction with the Audiotechnica M40x. Nightingale, White Darkness Album (2007), Trust track. In audio, the bass is so powerful that it punches to the bone) And everyone writes that m40x is smoother and less bassist than m50x.

Rep: (24)
And everyone writes that the m40x is more even and less bass

That's exactly right, they have an even “monitor” sound, they even say “studio headphones” in the description on the site’s website.
I listened to them with our player, there is not any pronounced bass there.
+ they are still very heavy and very hard, I don’t understand how long they listen to music

I listened to them with our player, there is not any pronounced bass there.
In my opinion, the bass in them is just dofiga, when compared with my senkhami 569.
+ they are still very heavy
they are not heavy) senhi 569 weigh about 700 (!) grams, m40x - about 200-300 grams
strongly pressed, I do not understand how long they listen to music
here I agree. For my head, they are an instrument of torture) That's why I took 569 senhi for them to replace
I specifically indicated the track. Perception is taste, and it very much depends on what you listen to.

Post has been editedawmalchuk - 25.03.19, 21:46

Rep: (3)
Hello. Did anyone solder the adapter for coaxial for this player? Maybe there is someone soldering? I will consider buying a homemade option

I continue the series of questions, without receiving an answer to the previous one ...
How does this player work with external tsapousy?
The bundle with fiio q1 of the first generation is particularly interesting. Maybe someone used?
It is interesting to run it on usb dac ...

Rep: (11)
Others, colleagues in audio happiness - noticed a problem - sometimes stop reading CUE, that is, now I listen to Guns'N'Roses and see all the tracks separately, and after an hour - bang, and the album contains one file of the same name to the album, and some albums are read, some are not read. Who faced And only rescan and reboot (or vice versa) helps. And sometimes, which I also find strange, stupidly changing the interface language. Well, in some cases, nothing is clear at all - for some reason, Enigma does not see the CUE, and that’s it. I’m thinking of writing CUE myself, I’m looking for the contents of the record - for some reason, in the folder 2 flac and 1 CUE, and judging by the content and timeline - from the first. Maybe that's why it is not readable?

Post has been editedNecroPsyh - 27.03.19, 12:35

* sleam team), I have a fiio q1 mark II. I can try on occasion. Only the meaning in this sandwich, I do not see)

* awmalchuk,
I would be grateful if you try. I need a balanced output ...
Why don't you see the point ...?

* sleam team), I will not check on the balanced output - there are no headphones with a balanced wire.
And I don’t see the point at the usual output because of the lower power at fiyo: 75 mW @ 32Ω at 3.5 output (at kain 130 mW), 220 mW @ 32Ω at balanced

Rep: (10)
* awmalchuk,

I don’t know. I didn’t see much bass on the M40x and I am far from a bass fan. And they sit perfectly on the head, very comfortable, so I get tired of the plugs. So to each his own)

It just seems to me that our player does not swing at 100% ATH M40x, often I have to listen at maximum gain. Compared to the senkhs, the scene is much narrower, the sound is directly accented, goes to the ears, there is no sense of space.

* awmalchuk,
Understood thanks. Then I wonder if the first version will be able to work with it via cable (usb dac) ...

Rep: (14)
NecroPsyh @ 03/27/19, 12:35*
I’m thinking of writing CUE myself, I’m looking for the contents of the record - for some reason, in the folder 2 flac and 1 CUE, and judging by the content and timeline - from the first. Maybe that's why it is not readable?

Perhaps I did not fully understand what you mean, but just in case, I’ll say.
Our player, unfortunately, reads only cue to which only one audio file is attached. It is believed that the most authentic format for ripping a vinyl record is when one side of the record is digitized into one file. That is, a rip of a standard record consists of cue + two audio files (side A + side B). Double vinyl will already consist of cue + four audio files (A, B, C, D). Our player does not see such cue and reproduces the side of the plate in one piece. Also, our player does not read cue from ordinary trekking rips, but cue is not really needed there. It is strange that the manufacturer did not consider it necessary to stipulate this point.

Hakkapeliitta @ 03/28/19, 04:16*
It is believed that the most authentic format for ripping a vinyl record is when one side of the record is digitized into one file. That is, a rip of a standard record consists of cue + two audio files (side A + side B)

Damn, I’ve looked attentively now - indeed both sides are painted in one CUE, threw it on the computer in AIMP - everything is fine, all tracks are read separately. But on the player does not see and that's it.
Can you tell me, is such a CUE correct? Here I see REM from above - in other albums there are none. Although it seems I have already tried to remove them.

File contents
REM GENRE Electronic
REM DATE 2018
REM COMMENT realrommy Hi-Res by RomkoLPrip
PERFORMER "Enigma"
TITLE "The Screen Behind The Mirror"
FILE "Enigma - The Screen Behind The Mirror A.flac" WAVE
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "The Gate"
PERFORMER "Enigma"
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE "Push The Limits"
PERFORMER "Enigma"
INDEX 01 02:04:00
TRACK 03 AUDIO
TITLE "Gravity Of Love"
PERFORMER "Enigma"
INDEX 01 08:31:00
TRACK 04 AUDIO
TITLE "Smell Of Desire"
PERFORMER "Enigma"
INDEX 01 12:26:00
TRACK 05 AUDIO
TITLE "Modern Crusaders"
PERFORMER "Enigma"
INDEX 01 17:27:00
INDEX 02 21:18:00
FILE "Enigma - The Screen Behind The Mirror B.flac" WAVE
TRACK 06 AUDIO
TITLE "Traces (Light And Weight)"
PERFORMER "Enigma"
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 07 AUDIO
TITLE "The Screen Behind The Mirror"
PERFORMER "Enigma"
INDEX 01 04:12:53
TRACK 08 AUDIO
TITLE "Endless Quest"
PERFORMER "Enigma"
INDEX 01 08:11:37
TRACK 09 AUDIO
TITLE "Camera Obscura"
PERFORMER "Enigma"
INDEX 01 11:17:57
TRACK 10 AUDIO
TITLE "Between Mind & Heart"
PERFORMER "Enigma"
INDEX 01 12:56:00
TRACK 11 AUDIO
TITLE "Silence Must Be Heard"
PERFORMER "Enigma"
INDEX 01 16:55:37
INDEX 02 22:15:00

Post has been editedNecroPsyh - 28.03.19, 12:22

Rep: (90)
* NecroPsyh ,
Is it really problematic to split a file into tracks?

Rep: (100)
* Satrap Prog Kue Splitter is it seems?

Rep: (90)
* kress13 ,
I am using FlacCueSplitter. Works great and no problem

Satrap @ 03/28/19, 17:05*
I am using FlacCueSplitter. Works great and no problem

I honestly did not think about it, and I wanted to get off a little blood: blush:
And so the option is also suitable for the previous question, about periodically unreadable CUE: D
And how long does this process take place with an average size of 800-1000mb? Well, or on your examples.
And it turns out he just cuts the file into separate ones and calls names right away?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/16/19, 04:49 AM