Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro - Discussion | [notebook] Windows 10 | 15.6 "| Intel Core i7-8550U 4.0Ghz | 16GB
Do you have a problem with a laptop?
Do you have a problem with a laptop?
Yes [ 240 ] ** [8,12%]
Not [ 1289 ] ** [43,61%]
Wi-Fi issues [ 219 ] ** [7,41%]
Screen problems [ 184 ] ** [6,22%]
Problems with the cooling system [ 473 ] ** [16%]
Keyboard problems [ 76 ] ** [2,57%]
Touchpad problems [ 111 ] ** [3,76%]
Port issues [ 38 ] ** [1,29%]
Body problems [ 132 ] ** [4,47%]
Battery problems [ 106 ] ** [3,59%]
Other problems [ 316 ] ** [10,69%]
Total Votes: 2956

Rep: (59)
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro - Discussion
Windows 10 | 15.6 "| Intel Core i7-8550U 4.0Ghz | MX150 | 16GB | Fingerprint
Purchase and accessories пїЅ | Discussion of a new model пїЅ | Windows 10 пїЅ

Attached Image

Device info
Additional Images
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

Specifications:
  • Screen: 15.6 inches Full HD 1920 Г— 1080 (142ppi), 72% NTSC coverage, 800: 1 contrast ratio, 140 В° screen opening angle;
  • Processor: quad-core Intel Core i5-8250U or i7-8550U with a frequency of up to 3.4 or 4.0Ghz, respectively;
  • Graphics chip: NVIDIA GeForce 150MX, 2Gb GDDR5;
  • RAM: 8Gb or 16Gb DDR4-2400 - soldered on the board, can not be increased.
  • ROM: 256Gb PCIe SSD;
  • Battery: 60Wh with fast charge support;
  • Wireless technologies: intel Wi-Fi 2x2 802.11 b / g / n / ac, Bluetooth 4.1;
  • Sound: Realtek ALC298, 2 speakers of 2.5 W;
  • Camera: 720p.
  • Connectors: HDMI 1.4, 2x USB 3.0, 2x USB Type-C, 3.5mm headphone out, SD / SDHC / SDXC card reader;
  • Dimensions: 360.7 x 243.6 x 15.9 mm;
  • Weight: 1.95 kg;
  • Optional: backlit keyboard, support for Dolby Atmos surround sound, USB type-C supports image transfer up to 4K 60FPS, there is an available M.2 PCIe Gen slot. 3 x2 (occupied slot works in x4 mode).

Drivers
Instructions
Reviews
News onsavagemessiahzine.com - Xiaomi introduced Mi Notebook Pro - the most powerful and "advanced" laptop company
Full specifications at the office. site -http://www.mi.com/mibookpro/specs/
Review from mobile-review -http: //mobile-review.c...ebook-pro-156-fl.shtml
Wylsacom Review -https://wylsa.com/new...-with all-connectors/
Overview of the version in the maximum configuration (i7 + 16GB of RAM)Review of top Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro - this should be the 2018 laptop
Review itc.uahttps://itc.ua/article…-mi-notebook-pro-15-6/
Nootebookcheck Review -https: //www.notebookch...p-Review.262386.0.html
Reviews, first impressions and reviews on YouTube -https: //www.youtube.co...Xiaomi+Mi+Notebook+Pro
Comparison with the model with the GTX 1050 -
https: //www.youtube.co...ewXJ4&feature=youtu.be
Attempt to install MSata drive in slot M2Sata -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AjxCfl9nhE

Reviews, tests from members of the forum
Useful

Topics CuratorSKALDEK
For questions about filling caps contact inQMS .

Post has been editedferhad.necef - 25.08.19, 02:57
Reason for editing: Hibernating Mi Notebook Pro 2019 (i7 8550u) on Ubuntu-based Linux distributions

Rep: (1)
Andryepinchuk @ 25.09.2017, 01:04*
Will there be a modification with a Russian keyboard?
engraving to help, well, or stickers kraynyak. And with
Andryepinchuk agree.

Rep: (0)
* xSeder I do not know I prefer when signed if odd forgot to look

Brother PC gaming where the Russian letters are highlighted (ADR)

Post has been editedAndryepinchuk - 25.09.17, 08:28
Reason for editing: Forgot something

* Andryepinchuk If you make an engraving, it will be highlighted and Russian.

Rep: (7)
What do you think, if the "socks" with him, he will approach or better pay attention to the model of 13.3 (2017)? I took to trenashku without thinking, but this is much better in the parameters)

Rep: (11)
* konstantin.kosty 2 kg every overpower :)

Reviews have not yet arrived? Maybe someone saw on the forums of foreign?

P.S.Chinese review

P.S.2. If you are interested, then ssd - Samsung PM961

Post has been editedZero-C001 - 25.09.17, 12:41

* Zero-C001 It is interesting that there is more than on the connector extension ... It is necessary to choose SSD M2 sided? What could be the problem? I want to push projects to drive 512g.
Are there any problems during disassembly to install additional disk? There torx normal or what is gloomy Chinese types of screwdrivers?

Rep: (26)
What laptop looks in the game plan? We pass by?

TastyPurgen @ 25.09.17, 18:40*
What laptop looks in the game plan? We pass by?
herehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJo0bRL6Qak )
This possibility is not MX150 on this beech!

Post has been editedAliar - 25.09.17, 17:37

* Aliar Che is too good to be true. But I do not mind)

Rep: (11)
* xSeder Architecture Pascal, plus the game is clear that it is not at maximum. Total can play :)

Rep: (33)
xSeder @ 25.09.17, 20:34*
Aliar, Che is too good to be true. But I do not mind)

Aliar @ 25.09.17, 17:36*
This possibility is not MX150 on this beech!

Why surprising? 150 Ml = 1030 zm = 950m-960m
If the game can get into a 2GB video memory, it will work rules. I'm here Subnautica not want to work properly.

In general, the topic of discussion, so his work on a new laptop Hiaomi supplied)

1) 60mach battery, a competitor of Dell HPS 15 - about 80 mAh. Emoe difference with a similar housing. On average battery market, of course, is about the same, but we're talking about the ultraportable PC, not on the ultra-fast searching charger. MacBook in this category is very bends. And yes, still can not be selected charge rate.
2) keyboard - not well, thanks for the button, and then boast that the keys are large, if I'm his half-blind eyes see more centimeters to the left and right of the free? cool, thank you, but this would not be proud of: D
3) video card. Thank you for being, but this is mh150, not 1050, at least. tdp differs by only 10W, productivity - twice. And 4GB versus 2GB is a VERY big difference, clearly bigger than 4 \ 8. Some games / applications can send with this amount of video memory. And there are a couple of competitors at 1050 in this price range, from asus for sure.
4) Cooling, to the first and 3 comments. Alo. The processor is about 15-20W, the video card is 20-25W. Do they grind there in engineering when they use one heat pipe? I explain - there are two scenarios of a strong load. Load on one chip and mix load.
If only works percent (or only the GPU), the distance from the chip to the opposite of the cooler - a huge, about 10-15cm. One word - heat losses and heat dissipation in the body due to reducing the efficiency of the heat pipe - Win - questionable long when the load. In this case, do not have a long tube is much more profitable than to have. Short heat pipes have merged all the heat in the cooler - long - merge part of the housing.
Mix scenario - both chips are heated to a maximum and occurs following - between CPU and GPU is formed maximize the heated area, which has no cooling. Heat that comes back, can not normally go out, because the left and right are two frying heat source. Yield one of the heat - the housing. We have seen it many times, by the way. Perhaps the chips themselves at the same time will not reach excessively high temperatures, but the body is very hot right in the center of long loads, Tipo games. Exactly the same trouble to 13.3, and wherein vidyaha CPU sitting on one heat tube, and the ice melts therebetween.
In short the Chinese have not yet realized that the savings on heat pipes is a bad thing, but Google did not let them spy on how to do the cooling system for the Note, and they made somelike thisand soand evenlike thisBut any normal laptop does not hang up the GPU and CPU on a single heat pipes, two short heat pipes would have been better, but one long and two short - it would be even super-perfect.
In short sensitive issue, they would have done normally, and would not need this collective farms - would be a good gaming laptop for undemanding gamers.
5) columns. Judging by the fact that they are not on top, they are made from the bottom. Absolutely retarded decision and do not know who they were told that it is a good idea. The worst location. Plenty of room in the farthest corners of the enclosure to the top looked at the ceiling, not the table. Perens to speakers - to make room for the battery. It's simple, two birds with one stone. But we have a defeat, where the speakers look down and fucking give (according to 13.3), the sound quality is only one scenario - when the laptop stands on the edge of the table half-columns on the floor or the letter "V"
6) Display. and trivia. Seriously, in the maximum configuration it can be 2K and 4K-deliver. And it does not otmazyvatsya at maximum speed and ay7 and 16GB SSD and a top frames from Samsung - and could be more (ibid like 256?) And yes, dokinut 2-4K. Would put a normal column and a battery 1050, 4K and 512 GB of packaging and be slapped around $ 1500 in max - it would be a bomb and really powerful player and competitor CIL 15, as well - I'm sorry, no.
Top of the range is very average by the standards of America and Europe, where there is a Dell, Razor, ISI. If you really need a discrete vidyaha - MH150 faster HD620 only 2-4 times. The same gth1050 faster by about 5-10 times, and this is a strong difference. A professional who uses the GPU, not likely to be much excited so weak chip.
7) PS - Where Thunderbolt, Carl? Intel also slipped controller into the CPU, no? Vaschet Thunderbolt is a professional connector Ogogo in our time! This is a serious school! Especially when compared with the MacBook, which is supposedly a tool of professionals, etc. and etc.

I myself have taken 13.3, if put in Proshka gth1050 4GB - I would have thought about it then, and .. 13.3 accompanies me more. Cooling still strangle processor, so I do not believe that in the long loading this 4-core chip somehow feel good show. Likely to fall somewhere below 2-1.5gts. The battery is also not phenomenal. Slot added, although its absence in 13.3 is in principle batthort.
Overall - a nice laptop, but it is real, at best, a MacBook for non-US students. Or a good substitute to some 5 year old PC without big losses elsewhere, but no more.
I'm serious. He is not strong anywhere, everywhere srednyachok, with a nice design for a small amount. Well and good bream every ultrabooks from ASUS for 1300-1500 are all OMG.

And yes, I wrote this koment about an hour. Peace.

Post has been editedsliderpro - 26.09.17, 00:55

Rep: (20)
And I absolutely do not have enough power 13-inch xiaomi air, and on diskretku indifferent, that is, for me it would be better for it to be i7 8gen + 16Ram and plenty of batteries, before thinking about the dell XPS 13, which in this configuration on the CU 90K + worth, this is hoped to buy through 3 months of 70-75, plus we get not the most powerful, but at least some diskretku (although again, as for me, it is better without it)

Post has been editedkep_forever - 26.09.17, 06:04

Rep: (20)
sliderpro @ 26.09.2017, 12:10*
Why?

Because
1) it takes up extra space on the board
2) because of it, the cooling system is more congested
3) eats an extra battery
And it’s okay, if it were 10 times more powerful than the integrated one, you could understand, but to measure with these jambs for 3x growth - well, that’s for yourself

Rep: (59)
Sliderpro @ 09/26/17, 04:25*
competitor Dell XPS 15

Dell is 450 dollars more, in Russia the difference is even more expensive.
The battery is 60mach, the competitor Dell hps 15 has about 80 mache.

Yeah, and the consumption of electricity by iron is two times more. A 13-inch laptop from xiaomi for up to 10 hours holds up, and this with a 37Wh battery and a similar iron.
2) the keyboard - well, not thanks for the buttons, but why should I boast that there are more keys if I see even more centimeters left and right on my left and right eyes? cool, thank you, but so would not be proud

How do you look at the dell xps 15 keyboard interesting? : blink:
3) video card. Thank you for being, but this is mh150, not 1050, at least. tdp differs by only 10W, productivity - twice. And 4GB versus 2GB is a VERY big difference, clearly bigger than 4 \ 8. Some games / applications can send with this amount of video memory. And there are a couple of competitors at 1050 in this price range, from asus for sure.

All laptops in this price range with more powerful graphics cards hold a worse charge, have a worse case, are thicker and so on.
4) Cooling, to the first and 3 comments. Alo. The processor is about 15-20W, the video card is 20-25W. Do they grind there in engineering when they use one heat pipe? I explain - there are two scenarios of a strong load. Load on one chip and mix load.

13 inch with similar cooling does not overheat, especially if you replace the thermo-nose.
$ 1500 in max

Do not you think that this is a slightly different price level?
Where is thunderbolt

The only serious cant, as for me.

kep_forever @ 26.09.17, 18:24*
Because
1) it takes up extra space on the board
2) because of it, the cooling system is more congested
3) eats an extra battery
And it’s okay, if it were 10 times more powerful than the integrated one, you could understand, but to measure with these jambs for 3x growth - well, that’s for yourself

I do not agree. This option is ideal for people who are engaged in different
things on the beech. This machine can take with you on trips and know that you are on it
all you can do: work, watch movies, play. And at the same time, it
All this is rather thin laptop, and the price allows. This book for convenience
soul and fun to use. I am personally pleased with the presence of a discrete
chip, if it was not, I would not take this device. The fact that nvidia is developing this branch rn
very happy, because the more the better. Cooling and all other Astral assumptions
I want to confirm or deny after the operation. And on account of the explicit minus
I fully agree with Vitee_O k

Rep: (698)
* Zero-C001,
Not the fact, in my opinion, Intel license sandebolt quite expensive, and Xiaomei always saves on the "unnecessary" in her view technology.
PS: although there is now found news of May this year, that Intel was going to do to remove the royalties for this technology in the next year.

Post has been editedtheZest - 27.09.17, 10:00

* theZest , Well here in the next year, it seems, and will be released with an updated version of Thunderbolt.

I wonder, is it possible to connect it to two external display? One in the regular HDMI, a second through a hub on the usb-c. Nout plan to use as a working tool for the replacement of obsolete desktop. The larger screens - the better.

Rep: (7)
* xSeder,
Learn to work with 2 monitors)) I can not, if a little on the laptop, and there, beside him a huge machine of, not even on the same level ...
Just I think we do not take macbook, which is better only by the quality and the screen and take this animal and the difference in price for a good monitor at home to non-PWM and eye pleasing. But how will be taken, one more question.

Vitee_Ok @ 26.09.17, 17:21*
Dell's $ 450 more expensive in Russia, the difference is even more expensive

Not really yours, the XPS 15 starts at $ 1,000. For $ 1200, you can find it with 4K and 7th generation, check delivery and scatter - about 1350-1400. In addition, a new one will be released, i.e. there will be more deals on old ones, i.e. on the 6th generation.
Prices in Russia are not interested in the Russian Air 13 2016 ~ 50k worth in retail afraid to go. Ordered with America equally complexity both with China.
Yeah, and the electricity consumption of iron delle twice more. 13 inch laptop from Xiaomei ubunte at up to 10 hours hold, and that with battery 37Vt В· h and like iron

Nothing bad about the Dell did not hear about the battery accurately. I know that Dell - almost the only ones who have the option to buy XPS with a native Ubuntu. Something that means. And yes, let's not compare the 13 and 15.6, because it is like comparing the Chinese on an atom and a game with two ISI Titans, who will play on avtonomke
How would you at the keyboard dell xps 15 look interesting?

A set of keys - fine. At the very keyboard - bad, it is terrible.
All the laptops in this price range with more powerful graphics cards less hold a charge, have the worst housing, thicker and

Here I agree. In a subject very cool niche that has long been no shaking. And there is now a good notebook manufacturers, that really there. Yes, there are the DELL, at ISI offers steep, but two or three times more expensive, and ASUS do not know what does.
Do not you think that this is a slightly different price level?

Do not be fooled that the laptop has a different configuration and a top of the base may differ at times, and all will not care if it is justified by the stuffing?
The only serious cant, as for me.

Column in a terrible place, perhaps again left a useless second connector to SSD, the display is not a touch, there is no option to vidyahoy powerful. Shoals there, the only question is how to complete and costs to find fault. Price-it will be higher for us.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 26/11/19, 8:43