Dock Samsung DeX, DeX Pad, analogues. | [other]

Rep: (2)
Docking Station Samsung DeX Station, DeX Pad, analogues

• In the subject are allForum Rules | Section Rules;
  • Useful topics to note:Forum FAQ | How to clean the image under the spoiler;
  • Instead of saying “Thank you!” UsePicture. If you have less than 15 posts - click on the button.Pictureunder the message where you were helped, and write thanks;
  • In the absence of the curator, the moderator fills the topic header. Use the buttonPictureon the message, which, in your opinion, you need to add to the header to contact the moderator.

Device description
Docking station Samsung DeX Station is able to turn a smartphone into a real computer. Using it, it’s convenient to organize remote work with a smartphone: edit documents, work in programs, watch videos, answer instant messengers - all using a keyboard, mouse and a full screen. The docking station is equipped with a wide range of connectors: USB 2.0, Ethernet, USB Type-C and supports wireless charging of the smartphone. The station is designed for corporate use, easily synchronized with office programs and applications of the Adobe series.
Device characteristics
Main

Output Current - 2.0A
Output voltage - 5.0V
Connection Interface - Type-C
The resolution at the DeX output is one - FullHD (1920 Г— 1080).

Additionally

Fast Charging - Yes
Wireless Charging - No
Compatibility - Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8 +, Note8
Black colour
Complete set - Multimedia docking station
Manufacturer - Samsung
Manufacturer code - EE-MG950BBRGRU
Warranty - 6 months

Photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

A list of devices that support DEX
Samsung Galaxy S8,
Samsung Galaxy S8 +
Samsung Galaxy S9
Samsung Galaxy S9 +
Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Samsung Tab S4
Samsung Galaxy S10
Samsung Galaxy S10 +
Samsung Galaxy S10e

Useful information

M
In the subject we discuss the station samsung DeX, DeX Pad, as well as their counterparts. Operating modes of stations and analogs, and everything that can be connected with it.

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.
If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).

Post has been editedmihadom - 22.08.19, 12:23
Reason for editing: Samsung DeX application for Note 10 and Note10 + for connecting to a PC, both under Windows and under Mac.

Rep: (12)
Today it was necessary to glue 4 videos and edit this file, put music, effects, etc. As a result, through dex, the standard video editor does not open in full screen and the second editor from Samsung (movie maker), too.

Putquik- Works full screen in dex, you can edit 60 fps and in excellent quality.

Post has been editedIpetr-off - 09.09.17, 18:59
Reason for editing: Added link

Rep: (44)
And what third-party applications work in full screen? Games?
So know for the future.

Rep: (0)
the rdp client is sorely lacking, although the productivity for office tasks is more than

I have malol software of "superfluous" - it's hard to say and there are no games.

photo editor and viewer in full screen work but snapseed not.

google photo app works full screen.

photoshop express - works in full screen, but photosop fix does not open in dex at all.

watching a video too (but not an editor)

quik video editor works in full screen.

all social networks - through the browser it is excellent in full screen - through the application - only a small window.

mail and native and gmail work (applications) in full screen.

yotube at least through the browser, at least through the application - also on the full screen is possible.

By the way - 4 pda only works through the browser normally - through the native application only with a small window.

google docs (free) can be full screen and word application can also be (paid)

The telegram application works in full screen.

The watsapp app works full screen.

instagram application only in a small window - through the browser in full screen.

The camera application works in full screen.

calendars both native and google (applications) work on the whole screen.

family notes and family reminders - work on full screen.

google maps work full screen - but you can only zoom in - zoom out fails.

Contacts, phone, messages and native explorer work in full screen.

samsun gear works only in a small window, but when you go to the store, a pop-up window opens that can be opened on the whole screen - while the quality of the pictures (dials) on the 5th scale is one.

samsung health - only on a small screen.

Rep: (82)
* carl , on the offsite there is infa:
Unlimited access to Windows.
Work remotely on a Windows virtual machine using VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) solutions such as Citrix Receiver, VMware Horizon Client, and Amazon WorkSpaces.
* To use VDI, you must purchase a license.

They are not comparable in functionality with rdp? Someone tried like this in reality?

Vaxus @ 09/10/17, 2:21 PM*
Citrix receiver

VDI is not something, raise the server, make users ... a lot of troubles, IMHO ...

Rep: (13)
Do Dex programs work for remote connection to a PC? For example, the same timeiver.

Rep: (8)
A melkomyagkovskyRDCnot working on dex?

Rep: (152)
* Ipetr-off ,
Are there any cases in which the smart fits into Dex?
Well, is there a Clear Cover (which is 0.8 mm.) For example, or not at all?

Post has been editedChugi - 13.09.17, 21:44

* Chugi , the native book just does not fit. I have not tried the rest yet.

Rep: (29)
Chugi @ 09/14/17, 04:43*
Are there any cases in which the smart fits into Dex?

Gets up without a problem.

Rep: (132)
Chugi @ 09/13/17, 20:43*
Well, is there a Clear Cover (which is 0.8 mm.) For example, or not at all?

S8 + in the Clear View case gets into DEX, I tried it myself in the Samsung interior.
Just did not work. Maybe because you had to unlock the phone with the retina, or do the initial DEX setup.
There was no time to understand.

And did anyone try to connect a phone in a DEX in a case, via usb-c expansion cable (female-male)?

Rep: (29)
Just did not work. Maybe because you had to unlock the phone with the retina, or do the initial DEX setup.
There was no time to understand.

Opens with a bang through face unlock (which surprisingly works well on the phone). The retina is unlocked at “3”, dexterity and the correct position of the face in front of the phone are required, to unlock the face (personal sensation) the camera’s angle of operation is much wider, so you don’t need to bend so much with the angle as for the retina.

And what kind of setup is there for Dex? Everything natively works there, out of the box.

Post has been editedromanys79 - 14.09.17, 13:27
Reason for editing: clarification

* Layer.tm
Layer.TM @ 09/13/17, 12:48*
Does Melkomyagkovsky RDC not work on Dex?

I received today DEX with Note 8. One of the reasons for buying Notka - DEX - and the ability to get rid of laptop dragging to work. In youtube, I did not find a normal description of the dex. Today I worked all day at home on Wi-Fi with computers on the same network as dex. RDC standard works in full screen. You need to install Dex Max and fix the application. On my 3440x1440 wide monitor, everything is extended and flattened. Works in 1920x1080 resolution. It looks so-so, but you get used to it. If you select the resolution and scaling in the rdc settings incorrectly, the image becomes soapy.
The speed of work through rdc depends, as I understand it, on the power of the computer. On laptop craps harder than on a stationary computer.
For me, the main schools were:
Logitech K375 keyboard is buggy. Connected via bluetooth to the phone, by shift + the space bar either wants or doesn't want to switch from English to Russian and vice versa. Plus confuses buttons in places: instead of a comma, this<, eg. What is connected and how to fight, I did not understand. I connected a regular USB keyboard - the same thing. If anyone understands what’s the matter, help =) That is, typing long texts is a torment.
Well, the second cant - smaller - when working with rdc mouse all the time I touch the panels on top and bottom of the screen. That is, when switching between programs and when I reach for X to close the window. Also, if anyone knows how to remove the panels - please write.
Also a setup with Office - I already have a licensed 2016, I’m very reluctant to buy 365, which includes the full version =) It’s inconvenient to work, it asks all documents in doc to be saved to docx.
While typing this text, I noticed that if you call turnx rdc, the android keyboard switches normally. But there is no comma =)
In the attachment is a screenshot from Dex and from the computer.

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

Rep: (82)
RDC standard works
it's aboutby thisapplication?

Rep: (8)
ep-ta300, which is not officially supplied to Russia .. This is how the Males launch a device on the market without the necessary charger ..

It is delivered if you buy charging for their speakers. Tray design wireless charger, the EP-TA300https: // online-samsung ... roduct / ep-pa710tbrgru /At the same time, in addition to the column, you can throw on the second ring and charge the phone

Post has been editeddx_line - 16.09.17, 09:26

* Vaxus ,
No, it's about Microsoft Remote Desktop.
Timviewer did not start with dex.

Microsoft Remote Desktop has started! Respect Chukforyou

I think it might be useful to someone. Someone will piss off, but someone will not help (because Note8 Dex comes as a gift when pre-ordering with payment)
This is purely my opinion - which changes (but not much) almost every week - I've been using DEX for more than a month now

If you do not have a good computer and laptop and you are ready to spend about 10-12 thousand rubles more on a monitor and a good wireless keyboard with a mouse, then this is a completely normal solution:
* something to surf in the internet;
* work with mail;
* edit in a simple way pictures and videos taken on the phone;
* social networks and music;
* yoytube in all its glory)
* word excell PP - if you pay for a subscription (otherwise just reading)

Enough for typikal user

But if you are used to high resolution on a monitor that’s really responsive andpredictable mouse, clear shritfam and TP "sweets" of a powerful iron - DEX is past (IMHO)
In any case, before the release of updates (if they will change something fundamentally) - everyone can use it, but it's not so high - it's just that I need it - I have imho without satisfaction.
As already written as on Windows 3.1 - large, not clear, and so on.
(windows 98 compared to the output (graphics) from DEX is a very cool product) IMHO

Now I have a samsung S8 plus (6-128) by the way, and (4-64) did not slow down and even though I also have my own wireless charging, cases, s3 watches, I want to switch to IOS -
after you see how friends hang in the memory of the program and browser pages - with a memory of 3 gigabytes - but I do not have 6 gigabytes of it.
The speed is not impressive. And DEX does not give a complete replacement for the PC - because I also need to edit photos and portraits in photoshop - but here I do not have this.
So carefully think about whether to sell the price that has not yet been printed DEX to the floor, or not to buy at all - and invest in a normal laptop - which of course costs several times more.
Everything depends on your goals and objectives and on your perception of comfort and buzz from work. IMHO
but

Post has been editedIpetr-off - 19.09.17, 06:35
Reason for editing: Typo

And who uses scripts for working with documents through DeX?

I will explain the question.

There is a working MacBook, in which there is a Documents folder containing materials for work.
The task is to make it possible to work with the same documents through DeX.

Option 1 - remote access to the laptop.
Option 2 - synchronize documents to the cloud and work with the cloud.

I chose option 2 for myself.
I tried to realize it right away.

Initially, my laptop folder synced to my home cloud on my Synology NAS via CloudSync. Therefore, it was logical to take advantage of this.
On Samsung S8, TotalCommander installed with the WebDAV plugin and Hancom Office Suite.

Basically, I can open a file for editing. Save it to a temporary folder, then synchronize with CloudStation in semi-manual mode. But it seems to me that this is not a beautiful option.

I try another option. I see that Hancom can work with four clouds (onedrive, googledrive, box and dropbox). I decided to use Google Drive, for androyd and all that. Put on a laptop Google Sync & Backup. As a result, I got a separate Google Drive folder and set up synchronization of the folders I need with documents separately.

When you go to the Disk application from your phone, you can choose in it to work with either the My drive folder (google drive) or the Computers folder (what is synchronized via Sync & Backup). And here, because of this separation, a problem arises. The fact is that although Hancom supports the Google Cloud, it only sees the first folder - google drive, and it’s impossible to get to folders that are synchronized to Computers. Accordingly, this method just does not work just like that.

And I can’t get any beauty. What are some thoughts?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/28/19, 16:11