JBL Flip 4 | JBL Flip 4 portable speaker system JBL

Rep: (1042)
JBL Flip 4
>JBL FLIP4 | JBLFLIP4BLKAM | JBLFLIP4REDAM | JBLFLIP4GRYAM | JBLFLIP4TELAM | JBLFLIP4BLUAM | JBLFLIP4WHTAM | FLIP4SQUAD
Attached Image

Specifications
Dimensions : 68 x 175 x 70 mm Weight: 515 g
Body material : Polycarbonate / metal
Interfaces : AUX / Bluetooth / microUSB
Acoustic format 2.0
Nutrition : built-in battery: Lithium-ion Polymer 3.7V, 3000 mAh
Number of simultaneous Bluetooth connections : More than one
output power : 2 x 8 W
Frequency range : 70 Hz - 20 kHz
Battery life : till 12 o'clock
Time to fully charge the battery : 3,5 hours
Type of protection : IPX7 Waterproof
disadvantages
  1. The display of the battery charge on the column occurs only at the time of switching on. (when the battery charge is not visible)
  2. On the Chinese column, voombox shows the battery charge, on the phone screen (near the phone's battery charge) in conjunction with xiaomi
  3. The speaker turns off automatically after 20 minutes, after the last time something was played through it
  4. Perhaps there are options with JBL to display either on the LEDs or on the phone?
Button combinations for JBL speakers
  • JBL Connect + Volume - (hold 2 sec.) - the column says the firmware version (you need to enable sounds on Connect +) and blinks charge indicators for the firmware version.
  • Bluetooth + Volume - (hold 10 sec.) ( Dangerously! ) - disables the built-in equalizer, compressor, etc. At low volume, bass will be less, and at high volume there will be overload (strong distortion of sound). To turn off, turn on / off the column. May void the warranty and damage the sound.
  • JBL Connect + Volume + (hold 10 sec.) - demo mode, the speaker works only from the network and the sound goes only through the cable. To disable the mode, connect the speaker to charging, after the sound of switching on, hold down the same combination.
  • Bluetooth + Volume + (hold 10 sec.) - enable DFU HID firmware mode, the column is detected via USB as a HID input device.
  • Play / Pause + Volume- (hold 10 sec.) (Danger! There is an opportunity to absolutely brick a column!Do not press buttons in programs unless you know what they are doing!) - enable the normal DFU firmware mode, the column is detected via USB and there is some functionality in the CSR BlueSuite software package (flashing, editing memory, console). To exit mode disconnect USB, hold Play / Pause + Volume- + Volume + for a few seconds (there will be no visual reaction), wait a few seconds and just turn on the column.
  • Play / Pause + Volume- + Volume + - cold reset of the processor at the iron level (simulates a power outage from the processor), exit from DFU.
  • Thanks to @chpok_tunec for these four combinations.
  • Play / Pause + Volume + (hold 2 sec.) - knocks the column to the factory settings.
  • Play / Pause (two times) - the next track.
Useful Column Tips
  1. Passive radiators DO NOT TOUCH! They can very easily fail.
  2. Hard reset "Volume +" + "Play" 3 sec (useful when you need to clear the bluetooth steam table)
  3. The low-frequency mode "Bluetooth" + "Loud-" 10 sec (more bass and more vibrating radiators) It turns off as well. the inclusion of a service mode, the so-called "bass mode", is not recommended The mode leads to the failure of the column outside the service center, and the user does its inclusion at his own risk!
  4. Can I connect to JBL FLIP4 (JBL Charge 3, JBL FLIP3 ) - There is JBL connect on Flip 4 + , on Flip 3 JBL connect. Therefore, you can connect at the moment by updating the firmware of JBL Charge 3. so that JBL connect + is available
  5. Passive radiators will not "fly out" with strong fluctuations.
  6. The phonite column is normal for this segment.
  7. It doesn’t matter what mode you have, just don’t set the maximum volume, and then it will live longer both in terms of battery and in terms of wear of the speakers themselves.
  8. The column can be placed on its side, for this special irregularities are provided for the removal of pressure.
  9. In some columns there are really 3 modes, as in my Flip 4 SE 3.2.0. (Turned on by normal BT mode switching + Volume down button)
  10. You can find out what the firmware is with the volume down and connect + buttons. The column will announce the software version.
  11. Many complain about the charge indicator, in order to check it, just click on any of the buttons, for example, decrease the volume. Tested on 4 SE.
  12. Many wrote about this, but I repeat, only a Connect + column can connect to Flip 4.
  13. There is indeed protection against water, but it is better not to dip the device once again under water.
  14. For those who disassembled the column, if they removed only the fabric, mesh, grill, then nothing will happen.
  15. Dipped in water \ got water and the column began to wheeze. This is normal, as there is water left in the speakers or the emitters themselves, you must wait until it dries, or push it out with a sound.
  16. By default, the column is turned on with the last mode selected. (Low-frequency mode does not turn on after reboot)
  17. When using voice assistants, noise is heard, perhaps noise canceling is not possible.
  18. You can extend battery life and improve quality a bit if you use AUX
Instructions
Other

On mounting the column on the bike.

Post has been editedgabby - 24.08.19, 00:27
Reason for editing: (3.2.0, it is also 8.8.8

Rep: (10)
Everyone is good column ....

because it’s not very convenient to enter the application.
Attached Image

Jbl connect
Attached Image

Post has been editedpozvoni - 10.08.17, 10:46

"upgrade" JBL Flip 4
World record! Connect 1000 Flip 4 speakers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xk9tfdn9bI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqGbjpzqwb0
instruction
overview
case forJBL FLIP4
Attached Image

Post has been editedpozvoni - 08.08.17, 14:17

Rep: (6)
Hey. I have JBL Flip 4 black on my backpack playing while riding a bike. After a strong fall and a blow to the head (there are no tracks at all on the column), I noticed that if you turn on the track with a volume of zero, or when the scene is quiet in the music, you can hear background noise (like the sound of a sea from a shell). Before the fall, I did not notice this.Question: Trouble with a column or with my head? I beg the owners of Flip 4 to check whether you have background noise.

Rep: (222)
* pppoppo
I also when I turn on via the phone - I think this device spoils the sound

Hey. I have JBL Flip 4 black on my backpack playing while riding a bike. After a strong fall and a blow to the head (there are no tracks at all on the column), I noticed that if you turn on the track with a volume of zero, or when the music is in a quiet scene, you can hear background noise (like the sound of a sea from a shell). Before the fall, I did not notice this. Question: Trouble with a column or with my head? I beg the owners of Flip 4 to check whether you have background noise.

The question is such a volume “O” on the phone, on the column is the maximum true?

* pozvoni
Any volume balance column || source (bluetooth / aux cable) does not affect the amount of noise.
I googled here, and yet I think the problem is in the speaker model itself. White noise is not present only in hi-fi / hi-end audio equipment.

Useful little things on the column:
- passive radiatorsDO NOT TOUCH! They can very easily fail. In the YouTube comments, everyone and everyone who does this is mother-in-law.
- hard resetLoud + + Play 3 sec (useful when you need to clear the bluetooth steam table)
- low frequency modeBluetooth + Loud 10 sec (more bass and more vibrating radiators) Turns off as well.

Yes, it also makes noise for me, at the maximum volume of the speaker and on the phone “0” sound, they create background noise (hissing) this is not HI-FI because it is not relevant ..
Added utility to the header.
Who has what column firmware? as I understand it, you can only update firmware via Bluetooth v4.2; it does not want to use Bluetooth v4.1.

Post has been editedpozvoni - 19.08.17, 13:24

* pozvoni , I have 3.2.0. Firmware version can be checked by holding "Volume -" & "JBL Connect" 3 sec

Rep: (0)
The display of the battery charge on the column occurs only when it is turned on. (when the battery charge is not visible)

When the column is working, briefly click on the bluetooth icon and shows the remaining charge.

I specially turned off the bluetooth on the phone, and left the column for 8 hours, I thought there was an auto shutdown, but it wasn’t so bad to add it as an option to the firmware. Let's say the checkbox in the firmware settings.

Post has been editedpozvoni - 22.08.17, 11:06

Rep: (15)
Maybe someone knows where you can buy or order a battery for flip 3?

I can not use Flip 4 to output sound from a laptop (seven). Devices paired - the column is visible in devices, but not visible in audio output devices. Any ideas how to fix it?

- passive radiators DO NOT TOUCH!

Is this where they have passive radiators? meaning passive speakers on the sides?

* usmax Passive bass radiators.
Is this where they have passive radiators? meaning passive speakers on the sides?
The Flip 4 is still cylindrical in shape with exposedpassive bass radiators on either end .

Post has been editedpppoppo - 13.09.17, 14:36
Reason for editing: Error

Rep: (1)
Good day to all owners)) interests how, in volume and balance, flip 4 will be better than flip 3? and can flip 4 be connected with flip 3 without updating firmware and applications?

exposed passive bass radiators

in Russian in this case, just speakers or speakers

https: //en.wikipedia.o...ive_radiator_ (speaker)

Post has been editedusmax - 18.09.17, 11:43

A question. When I turn it on at full volume, the music plays for 30 seconds and then stops playing, you need to turn off the speaker and turn it on again. Bought a couple of days ago

* raguku , Return it under warranty, or make a hard reset, or make the firmware. If it doesn’t help, then try to turn on the music via aux cable, or another source bluetooth.

* raguku , Return it under warranty, or make a hard reset, or make the firmware. If it doesn’t help, then try to turn on the music via aux cable, or another source bluetooth.

Thank you) but how to make a hard reset, or change the firmware?

* raguku , hard reset "Volume +" + "Play" 3 sec

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 12/09/19, 08:36