Google Home - Discussion | [smartHome] Google's smart home

Rep: (30)
Smart House. Google Home (column)
Google Home \ Google Mini Home \ Google Home Max
Discussion | Purchase
  • In the subject are allForum Rules | Section Rules;
  • Useful topics to note:Forum FAQ | How to clean the image under the spoiler;
  • Instead of saying “Thank you!” UsePicture. If you have less than 15 posts - click on the button.Pictureunder the message where you were helped, and write thanks;
  • In the absence of the curator, the moderator fills the topic header. Use the buttonPictureon the message, which, in your opinion, you need to add to the header to contact the moderator.

Device photos
Attached Image

Device description
The topic is dedicated to the construction of a smart home around Google Home
Google Home is a voice-activated wireless speaker developed by Google. The product was announced on May 18, 2016 on Google I / O. Represents the first smart speaker Google. In fact, is the physical embodiment of Google Assistant.
Allows:
- Use Google Voice Search on the Internet
- Make calls and type messages
- Include music and manage it
- Manage smart home devices
Device characteristics
By analogy with the chromecast, Google Home probably uses a processor with the ARM architecture core and a set of chips to provide WiFi wireless connectivity, although accurate data on the smart speaker hardware has not been published. Google Home includes a microphone used to receive commands from the user and listen to any sounds surrounding the device. The device has a microphone mute button. No battery - powered only by mains.

Useful information
Platform Compatibility

Russian language is available in an unofficial beta version.

Instructions on how to connect the beta version at the moment:Google Home - Discussion (Post by dimychman # 88221630)

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.
If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).

Post has been editedVitt - 23.08.19, 10:30
Reason for editing: No Russian

Rep: (12)
The second time false activation is triggered when watching TV ... who does this happen?

Attached images
Attached Image

Rep: (125)
* Welt712 , it happens. From the TV viewer column it seems that someone said “ok google”. For example, on the TV there was "windOK Walks" - activation is possible

Rep: (0)
* Romario101181, There is no problem. Google disabled some services due to an error on the servers. I think we have to wait 2 things: an update about Xiaomi, an update to the GH firmware. Let it be for now. I spent 2 nights searching for a problem, but it turned out that I can’t fix it

An update of the chromecast application on mi box 3 came. It was updated but everything still does not work.
We look forward to the next.

Rep: (67)
The following problem arose: the GHM column when turning on content on ChromeCast devices voices their name in Russian with a "underscore" at the beginning and end of the name.
He did not change or touch anything, the names are in Russian. Renaming to another name and again to the previous one does not help. Naturally, there are no underscores.
Literally says: “Of course, I turn on the music, the device is used underscore underscore speakers underline underscore underscore”: D

Rep: (3)
* rommus1,
That's just after these "underscores" and the broadcast on the chrome cast stopped working

Rep: (6)
Hello!
Has anyone tried this ?:

https://www.push2run.com

Share your experience of using such programs in two-way mode (from PC to GH, GH-PC)

Rep: (512)
* Creazyboy ,
Node-red can do that.

And your link is somehow scary.
I don’t see the source code. Without them, installing such software on a PC is somehow completely scary.

Update: you need to look at Cortana and ifttt

Post has been editedaspector - 11.03.19, 12:44

Rep: (9)
Rommus1 @ 03/11/19, 09:00*
Literally says: "Of course, I turn on the music, the device is used underscore underscore speakers underline underscore underscore"

The same trouble ... I really need help in solving this problem.

Rep: (3)
* ZBEPb85 , +1, when requesting to play something on chromecast

Rep: (91)
* ZBEPb85 , return English to the assistant.
* ZBEPb85 ,
P. S. change the name to a simple Latin alphabet. I had the same thing. Now it's normal.

Post has been editeddimongad - 12.03.19, 10:11

Rep: (9)
Dimongad @ 03/12/19, 10:14*
return English to the assistant

Did not help unfortunately

I want to replace the usual switches (one and two push-button) with smart ones with support for Google Home.
Advise such not expensive switches if anyone has experience.

Rep: (91)
* Im_mihalych , a sore point. What is the wiring to the switches? Is there zero or only phase?

Rep: (1)
Im_mihalych @ 03/12/19, 13:07*
I want to replace the usual switches (one and two push-button) with smart ones with support for Google Home.
Advise such not expensive switches if anyone has experience.

Important: TO CONNECT, REQUIRES ZERO IN THE SUBJECTOR, WHERE PUT THE SWITCH ON!
My experience is Sonoff. The average price is slightly lower. In total, this is about 30 devices (1,2,3 push-button) in a year and a half, 1 and 1 failed - the builders burned during installation (connected phase-phase). Since the mid-18th year it has been working steadily. In addition to the switches, there are still different devices from Sonoff. There are also about 30 devices, 1 buggy (it works, then it doesn't).
I am satisfied, steadily controlled by the voice. I recommend.

Rep: (46)
Plus for the sonoff, I changed all the switches in the house to them, well, I have enough basic keys with a low point. Of course, I don’t need voice control, but simple automation: turning on / off at certain times and days, automatically turning off the lights in su and some devices, turning on under certain conditions, and a couple to monitor the operation of devices and their energy monitoring. With a year already (as they moved to the amazonserver) no problems. All cheeky farts :)
But yes, of course, zero is needed for nutrition. But he, a priori, should be in every socket. Or didn’t all the "Khrushchevs" still change the luminous wiring? :) Fearless however.

Pavcom @ 03/12/19, 2:21 PM*
Important: TO CONNECT, REQUIRES ZERO IN THE SUBJECTOR, WHERE PUT THE SWITCH ON!
My experience is Sonoff. The average price is slightly lower. In total, this is about 30 devices (1,2,3 push-button) in a year and a half, 1 and 1 failed - the builders burned during installation (connected phase-phase). Since the mid-18th year it has been working steadily. In addition to the switches, there are still different devices from Sonoff. There are also about 30 devices, 1 buggy (it works, then it doesn't).
I am satisfied, steadily controlled by the voice. I recommend.

With zero, I think there will be problems. I'll check in the evening.

Another question on Chromecast.
The Chinese have analogues of chrome cast. Cheaper. Are there any functional differences from the original.

Post has been editedIm_mihalych - 12.03.19, 15:08

Rep: (46)
Im_mihalych @ 03/12/19, 16:05*
The Chinese have analogues of chrome cast. Cheaper. Are there any functional differences from the original.

:) excellent exactly one thing: this is a fundamentally different device.
Do not mess with these balalaikas, there is an ordinary mirroring.
See Google Chromecasts (new from 3 to 6 sput, depending on the model) or play on Avito, but don’t run into Chinese junk. Alternatively, at about the same price, xiaomishny myboxes of different modifications. Or Nvideashild at an inhuman price :)

Rep: (1)
Im_mihalych @ 03/12/19, 15:05*
With zero, I think there will be problems. I'll check in the evening.

Another question on Chromecast.

There is little experience with Chromcast (There is Chromcast 2018, I bought a game, the infection goes to reboot when I throw a picture from the application for video surveillance, I want to buy Ultra and compare ...). Pros in controlling a TV ... (I have control via Broadlink) Otherwise, I don’t see much point in it if the TV is modern.
So, for example, in Samsung, it is also possible to search and launch from YouTube by voice and cast there as well as a phone and a computer completely, as well as content from an internal media server.
About Chinese counterparts, pliz give a link, I can buy a play.

Bergan @ 03/12/19, 2:50 p.m.*
Plus for the sonoff, I changed all the switches in the house to them, well, I have enough basic keys with a low point. Of course, I don’t need voice control, but simple automation: turning on / off at certain times and days, automatically turning off the lights in su and some devices, turning on under certain conditions, and a couple to monitor the operation of devices and their energy monitoring. With a year already (as they moved to the amazonserver) no problems. All chiki farts
But yes, of course, zero is needed for nutrition. But he, a priori, should be in every socket. Or didn’t all the "Khrushchevs" still change the luminous wiring? Fearless however.

Alas
Now I contacted an electrician who did the wiring, he confirmed that zero does not come to the switches. Sorry.

Xiaomi seems to have zero smart switches. Interestingly they will work with GH?

Post has been editedIm_mihalych - 12.03.19, 16:41

Rep: (14)
I bought a Chinese caste. Everything was painted very beautifully. The latest model of 2019 is working with a googol assistant. And so on. Received. Week soared, trying to connect. Googol's assistant basically refused to see him, it somehow turned out to send the contents of the screen from the computer and the mobile phone. But 30 seconds. Then this miracle fell off. Only a complete reboot of this device helped and so on in a circle. Tired of it. I tried to contact the seller. The seller went into silence. The product on the site is not available. Opened a dispute, returned the money. I bought for 1237 r
In my opinion there was a coupon or discount. I do not remember. Bought mi box 3 s. everything is working. Opportunities are an order of magnitude greater. I am satisfied. I bought for 4300. Extremely personal opinion!

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/15/19, 17:37