Xiaomi Mi Router 3G - discussion | Wi-Fi Router

Rep: (1187)
Xiaomi Mi WiFi Router 3G - discussion пїЅ
Wi-Fi Router

Attached Image

Description
This device is an improved modification.Xiaomi Mi WiFi Router 3. In appearance, there are no differences, except for the weight of the device, since the novelty received a built-in aluminum radiator.
The router fitted with a dual core processor MT7621A with a frequency of 880 MHz, 256 MB RAM DDR3-1200MGts and 128 MB flash memory. The device simultaneously in two bands: the 2.4 GHz band (up to 300 Mbit / s mimo 2x2 40MHz) and 5 GHz (up to 867 Mbit / s mimo 2x2 80MHz).
From the ports on the device one USB 3.0 port, two LAN ports (1 Gb / s) and one WAN port (1 Gb / s). The difference between Mi Router 3 and 3G in featuresofficial website.
Additional Images
Attached Image
Attached Image

Specifications
Official site
  • CPU: MT7621A 880 MHz
  • ROM: 128 MB SLC Nand Flash
  • RAM: 256MB DDR3-1200
  • USB 3.0 (5V / 1A)
  • 2.4 Ghz WiFi 2x2 (up to 300 Mbps)
  • 5 Ghz WiFi 2x2 (up to 866 Mbit / s)
  • WAN up to 1 Gbps
  • LANx2 up to 1 Gbit / s
  • Power supply 12V / 1.5A Plug: 5.5x2.1 mm
Instructions and useful information
All actions performed with the router you do at your own peril and risk. When using custom firmwares, it is useful to have a USB-UART TTL 3.3v adapter

When installing firmware via Breed, pay attention to the choice of section and additional steps in the instructions.
Currently, the memory markup for unification has two cores (0x200000 and 0x600000).
From the first work: runoff, build OpenWRT frommogvai, PandoraBox and AsusWRT.
From the second: stock, original OpenWRT and Padavan.
Ignoring the correct choice of the kernel leads to the inability to start the firmware, problems in the work and failure of the update through the web interface.

Full team instruction for flashing from scratch

General instructions and information Stock Breed Padavan Pandorabox Openwrt Gargoyle
Firmware
Custom firmware and bootloaders
Modernization
The authors of the instructions are not responsible for the failure of your device. All manipulations are done only at your own peril and risk, and with understanding why this is necessary!

Applications
Applications miwifi and mirouter are designed and work only with stock firmware!
PictureXiaomi MiWiFi
PictureXiaomi MiRouter
PicturePadarouter -An application to work with iOS Padavan. Versionfromback37 and one more version from Sotik ;
Xiaomi family of routers onsavagemessiahzine.com
Previous polls
Attached Image
Attached Image

Picture
If you are here for the first time or want to ask a question, first look below

Mini FAQ on the topic. Novice Questions

"Version" R3GV2 - is not more than mi4Agigabit with another label. Differences clearly. Carefully read the description and picture before the purchase. All discussions device profile topic

Are there differences between "international / European" and "Chinese" versions of xiaomi routers
The difference is only in the plug of the power adapter and the pre-installed firmware, there are no other differences
I bought a router. Should I change the firmware?
Not worth it yet. Read the cap and topic, assess your needs and capabilities, the answer will become more obvious to you.
How to bind a router to your xiaomi account?
  • At initial setting, the plugin-locator should bedisabled .
  • You must be registeredxiaomi accountand installed an application forandroid, iosorwindows
  • The router must have access to the Internet (for example, wan xiaomi is connected to the lan of another working router)
  • The device from which the binding is made must be connectedonly to xiaomi router network.

In some cases, it is necessary to make a full reset with the reset button or try binding from different devices (phones, tablets, computers). All the above conditions must be fully met.
What is the difference between firmware, which one to choose?
Stock
  • The router comes with a "stock" firmware. There were no firmware with English for this router, no, and, practically guaranteed, it will not, but there is no fundamental difference between the "English" and "Chinese" versions, except for the presence of English in the first and more frequent updates of the second. Versions for developers also do not carry significant differences from the usual except for access via SSH.
  • The firmware is based on OpenWRT, but has very limited functionality, so if you need IPTV, a media server on the router, ipv6, bypass blocking, advanced network settings, connecting usb modems and printers, full torrent clients and other amenities, look in the direction of alternative firmware.
  • The miwifi app and the rest of the xiaomi ecosystem only work with stock firmware.
Padavan
  • Stable, high-quality and smart firmware, covering almost all possible needs of the ordinary and advanced user, having an interface in Russian.
  • It features convenient and clear settings.
  • There is support for multicast IPTV (Rostelecom, Beeline and any others), ipv6, hdd connection (including several), dlna media server, work with usb modems, printers, other usb devices, bypassing locks, downloading torrents, scheduler, launching custom scripts, installing additional packages from Entware and more.
  • Of the minuses, the difficulty of self-assembly.
  • It is possible to download the finished firmware
Openwrt
  • Known fresh kernel firmware from an international development team. Covers all possible standard and non-standard needs, incl. advanced users.
  • There is support for multicast IPTV (Rostelecom, Beeline and any others), ipv6, hdd connection (including several), dlna media server, work with usb modems, printers, other usb devices, bypassing locks, downloading torrents, scheduler, launching custom scripts, installing additional packages.
  • From minuses - the complexity of self-installation of the packages and settings. Sometimes behaves not stable.
  • There is an opportunity to download ready assemblies from updated posts in this topic.
The router cuts speed, problems with range and stability, what to do?
The first step is to understand the reason:
  • If problems are observed whenwired connecting:
    - Check the speed by connecting the provider cable directly, bypassing the router.
    -Check the number of wires in the cable and the quality of crimping of the connectors, in case of doubt, check on the other cable / replace the connector.

• If problems withwirelessly connecting:
    - Check the settings set in the router and clients: region, range and width of channels, version of the communication protocol, support on the end device (relevant for 5 GHz).
    - Analyze the broadcast and select the least loaded channel.
    - Check the speed whenever possible on multiple devices.
    RWhen the air is loaded, far away from the router, there is interference from other devices (microwave oven, bluetooth device, etc.), the speed will always bemuch Below the maximum possible, these are the laws of physics and the principle of wifi.
    The range of action and penetrating ability of a 5GHz signal is noticeably lower than 2.4, this is a feature of the technology, and not a problem with your device.
    -In rare cases, it makes sense to check the reliability of the contacts of the antennas and the radiator on the router board by disassembling the device case.
    SpeedTest and similar online services are not reliable indicators of speed. The real speed can be found either with the help of iperf or a test download torrent with a large number of distributors. Mobile devices due to limited computing resources and, in some cases, rigid fixation of a narrow channel are also not always able to display real results.

Should I connect the 2.4 and 5 GHz networks into one and how to do it?
On the stock firmware there is a separate switch in the settings, for any others it is enough to set the same network names and passwords.
However, there is no full-fledged algorithm for working with interconnected networks on any firmware, so the client will choose the connection point himself, and there are no guarantees of the adequacy of this choice:
in the overwhelming majority of cases, the 5 GHz network will be connected to the last even with a weak signal if it is initially selected by the client, and, conversely, the client is unlikely to switch from 2.4 to 5 if it is already connected to it.
thereforeit is strongly recommended to abandon this feature and use separate networks
What is the Breed loader? Do I need it?
The bootloader in a router is similar to bios / uefi for a computer or recovery for a phone: it is he who is responsible for the low-level initialization, repair and download of the main firmware.
If you plan to use only stock firmware, you will hardly be useful, but installing third-party firmware will be your guarantee of security, ease of migration and updates. Therefore,highly recommended before any manipulation of the firmware install Breed: it is primarily in your interest.
  • The stock downloader has the ability to recover only via usb flash with the original firmware image.
  • The bootloaders built into Padavan and OpenWRT allow you to connect using an usb-ttl uart adapter and restore from the command line.
  • The Breed loader allows you to connect over a normal twisted pair, has a graphical interface (including in Russian when using the plug-in), ample opportunities to configure, change system settings, firmware and create backup copies.
I want to connect a modem / printer / ... to the hdd / usb router, will it work?
On the stock firmware, only drives will work, everything else is only on Padavan and OpenWRT.
  • All common file systems, disks are supported.any volume.
  • With a 99% percent chance, your usb modem will also start up without any manipulations, but using and setting up is much more convenient in the "hilink" mode, look for details in the profile topic of your device.
  • Printers will work in one way or another. There is no WPS on the Padavan firmware, use the manual configuration of the network for the printer using the manufacturer’s utilities on the computer.
Can I connect multiple devices to the router via usb?
Yes, there is such an opportunity. Be it several identical or different devices: hdd, flash drives, modems, printers, etc., get along well together.
Only restriction : devices should have enough power. therefore highly recommended Use a quality usb hub with your own power.
How to upgrade firmware? (any)
Two absolutely universal ways that work on all firmware:
  • Through the regular update menu in the web interface and the file with the new firmware.
  • Through the Breed loader with installing the firmware in the desired section in accordance with the instructions.
Nuances of updating builds and versions of OpenWRT, setting autoboot flags to breed and otherspecify in the instructions on which you originally installed the firmware
The router is unavailable, the front diode is off.
First check the power adapter, it should have 12 volts at the output under load.
Connect to the router via LAN and check the resulting IP address:
-169.254.С….С… - automatic windows range (the router did not issue IP),
-192.168.С….С… - received from the router, try to access its web interface.

If the adapter is OK, but the front diode is off, there is no wifi broadcast, no LAN access: the area of ​​the NAND memory loader is corrupted, and the option is only 2:
-Vypivanie memory chip and firmware on the programmer (easier in terms of service, because programmers cost from $ 100-150)
-Transition to NOR (SPI) memory(costs in the range of $ 5)
After switching to SPI, there is also the possibilityrestore native NAND memory
The wrong partition was selected when flashing through Breed, what should I do?
It is enough just to go into the breed again, write the firmware according to the instructions in the desired section and, if necessary, specify the boot section by adding the autoboot rule, again in accordance with the instructions. No other action is required.
How to return / update the firmware if the drain is installed Breed
To do this, go to Breed bootloader firmware to flash the drain in both sections and remove autoboot rules, if any.
What are the differences between the Mi-3, Mi-3G and Mi-4 routers, which one is better to choose?
On the basis of technical characteristics and capabilities, the 3G router will be the clear winner.
Attached Image

Model Comparison Chart routers Xiaomi
Attached Image

• Purchase, lifehacks at purchase, coupons are discussed in the topicClub lovers overseas shoppingandPurchase Xiaomi devices
  • Questions and answers on the assembly, configuration, and all not specific to this particular model of the router nuances on the firmware Padavan should look inprofile topic
  • Forall common not attached to this router questions on Openwrt take a look atthis topic
  • With questions on choice and comparison, welcomehere

If you could not find the answer to your question in the header, first use the search on the topic.

Picture

For upgrading and filling caps:QMS curatoralways open

Post has been editedM | A | G - 01.03.20, 23:48
Reason for editing: + usb power

Rep: (194)
* Dart Raiden,
I tor in the firmware, and on the way to / opt / etc did not work.
I remembered that I have it on the way / etc / storage and immediately it worked.
At the same time I did as instructed opkg install tor mc, mc and broke immediately. We had to make opkg upgrade.

Rep: (0)
Hello!
there is a problem, the router after a while loses its connection to the Internet, padavan firmware, logi attached. Tell me what the problem might be

Attached files

Attached filesyslog.txt(22.95 KB)

Rep: (13)
const.z @ 18.03.19, 15:20*
ext already passed

Than?
Or router?
Does your device 4k alignment (for today's Christian Democrats also need) need to need to learn.
Check layout partitions.
Make sure that the file system is mounted without the "ornate" as some of the simple, such as
rw, noatime, data = ordered

Make sure that the samba stands for bypassing netfiltra (or kontraka, I do not remember it at the Padawans, in general - samba fast pass)

Get a comparable rate and calm: lol:

Rep: (13)
zhullex @ 18.03.19, 19:20*
Tell me what the problem might be

Several options I see a decrease in the probability of
1. cable.
2. In the settings Svicha - any grinezernet and other TSO
3. Congratulations, you have a broken copy.

Rep: (43)
Should I include the router "connection type for the IPv6 protocol"? If Yes, what type of connection is preferable?

Rep: (26)
* Lion1928,
I have included in their IPv6 for the following instructions:пїЅ1andпїЅ2. Dom.ru supports IPv6 if you include personal office. In the second link provided with a list of operators to IPv6.

Post has been editedDanilaRU34 - 18.03.19, 22:01

Rep: (291)
Lion1928 @ 18.03.19, 21:28*
if not supported by the provider, or affect

Of course not.
But you can configure through a tunnel broker, provided that you have a "whiteВ» IP.
Or disable.

Post has been editedDart raiden - 22.03.19, 20:07

molotokspb @ 17.03.19, 09:18*
Appeared Xiaomi Router 3G support in a fairly well-known ROOter firmware

Strictly speaking, there is something in the OpenWrt, and, as a consequence, and in her Fork: ROOter and Gargoyle.

ElDoro @ 18.03.19, 21:56*
ROOTer nobody put yet?

It is on 18.06.1 That is not very good (the older version of the driver mt76).

Post has been editedDart raiden - 18.03.19, 22:10

Rep: (194)
* Dart Raiden,
And that that I could break?
Everything is working.

Rep: (68)
Hello! Update your firmware tor12269 . Put, as usual, here (OpenWrt folder).

Updates
Current r12269:
1) The kernel 4.19from here;
2) Returned to normal a tmpfs, for zram now on the zstd and, as experience has shown, much cunning makes no sense;
3) Instead of https-dns-proxy (althoughstangri and corrected, but by itself https-dns-proxy is obsolete) stuck dnscrypt-proxy2, where he works in parallel with the old dnscrypt-proxy;
4) For the IPv6 performance of any "provisions" included miredo (had to rasp) plus added NAT6 transparent implementation for IPv6 over miredo (configuration until finalization);
5) At the request added to the firmware openRTSP (from here, article), Why and how - who should be sorted out; most importantly, they say, it is working;
6) returned all those services that are necessary to me personally (LuCI / adblock / tsi-auto / tor / miredo / haproxy), an on-state, all the rest (or almost all) after flashing off;
7) Podrihtoval adblock, not to hang the system when booting their lists;
8) are included in the core of KSM and the startup of the router, not the fact that will help, but the tests have shown that does not interfere;
9) A script to download antizapret / rublacklist lists finalized in a tsi-auto serviceTSI = Transparently Separated Internet, because later in the default configuration can be added i2p and other buns.

Other improvements on the little things:
1) Improved binary Laid with Breed-ohm: firstly, the aforesaid recently updated, and secondly, the duplicated content unit 128k in the next two blocks; the last block (remember, 128k), as always, contains variables Breed-a, where a line has been added in advanceautoboot.command = boot flash 0x600000;
2) Altered scriptcreate_openwrt_for_breed.cmd: Firstly, all the extras are 0xFF-E, which is better suited for any flash-memory than 0x00; secondly, on the site of the first section sewn signatures only 4 bytes (to Breed did not arise), and then all 0xFF, in the end, if someone forgot about settingautoboot.command = boot flash 0x600000to the Breed, the last simply will not load on the router, and will wait for instructions on http or telnet on the usual address 192.168.1.1;
3) Made and posted archiveopenwrt-ramips-mt7621-xiaomi_mir3g-breed-BLANK.7zwith "Concreting" binaries Breed (such binaries are available on their own, run the update scriptcreate_openwrt_for_breed.cmdwith BLANK parameter), meaning that if there are problems with the router work right after my build firmware, then try to roll the "grouting" binary, and then again - my assembly.

Special instructions:
1) sews better clean. After EEPROM (via Breed, for example) necessary to give the router 5 minutes for the first run, followed by a restart it again. After that it can be used.
2) If there is something wrong after flashing, please.
3) Huge request to experts on IPv6: I know very well that the idea NAT6 not very good, a lot of reading about it, so that the discussion once again it is not necessary; but the idea is great for any environment - that is, the IPv4 external, that it is not, and does not need to be tied to any IPv6 providers. However, recently I have it stopped working, and therefore therequest: please help figure out what is wrong with IPv6 (I hope the dog fumbled it into my default config file), and you need to do to make it work (NAT6 through miredo) immediately and without any additional configuration. Thanks!

Also in the archive put all your changes - for those who are interested in what I have there but how to optimize what configs etc.
r12121
1) Experimental paired zram and tmpfs (procd gives this possibility in the settings, but in addition have yet to patch zram);
2) For zram including other Packers - lz4 for tmpfs and lz4hc for swap: lz4 skorostrel with mediocre ratio (for text files, mostly stored in the / tmp, come), lz4hc packs several times slower but decompresses faster than lz4, wherein the ratio on deflate level;
3) Turn off services made at the beginning of the initialization (it was at the end - this is nonsense!);
4) Earn loading lists of banned sites - after the next update OpenWrt source;
5) Make working, "out of the box" configuration for network / mwan3. You can stick a USB adapter<>Ethernet or 4G modems and no steam - mwan3 immediately try to use them as another (peer) Internet connection (the appearance of adapters is expected to eth1 / eth2, and modems - on eth1 / eth2 / usb0);
6) Did the "reserve" to IPv6. Personally, I have set on 6to4 protocol, but did not carry it in the default configuration, as for 6to4 requires an external IP.

r12063
1) All the same yet another embodiment (3 Frequency: 880, 1000 and 1120 MHz). Will be more or less stably manifest itself, will consider the possibility of assembling and lite options for routers with flash-memory SPI-NOR.
2) again jumped to nginx (with uhttpd), like all works, and not even a particularly slow.
3) What people, then chickens, so I decided to do all(Just kidding), ntpclient replaced the ntpdate, samba4 - to smbd.
4) Redesigned dnsmasq config, now all the listings (including the upstream DNS server dnsmasq relatively) hidden in /etc/dnsmasq.d, there is a manual list of sites to bypass blockages - manuallist.conf. And the other default settings remain in its usual place - / etc / config / dhcp.
The problem arose in November, whenstangri , Maintainer config and startup script for the https-dns-proxy for the OpenWrt, decided that people who use the OpenWrt, poorly versed in the configs, and indeed all very stupid, so come up with "You": at the start of https-dns-proxy breaks dnsmasq config "by itself" (enter his court, and all the other directives list server hides), and when you stop - return everything as it was. I have not once been able to understand why my DNS on the router has become so slow and bad, then still could see - instead of simultaneous request of 20 local servers for different protocols is only 3 and only one protocol (to the braking of all DNS encrypted - DoH).
5) The redesigned firewall configuration (only together with /etc/sysctl.conf) so that it was not necessary to know the address of the router in the network lokalbnoy. Now local the IP-address of the router can be easily changed in the / etc / config / network (or web) without the need to change it somewhere else.
6) OpenSSL settings are aligned with the core settings that worked devcrypto, and afalg. In the near future, probably, Mr.drbrains will complete their kriptodrayver And our router will get some acceleration in the ass ...
7) Removed luci-app-noddos, because too lazy to patch it to work with nginx; also removed mjpg-streamer, stopped working, struggling for a long time with him, but the images did not get with any camera, it is necessary to think about moving onmotion.
8) Does not work automatically download the full list of locks, all renamed scripts dealing with this matter, going beyond them to refine, to work as it should. Renamed because the name or type of blacklist rublock etc. cut my eyes, and itself not to try to hide the original authorship of these scripts.

Features of use:
1) If your provider specific connection - L2TP, PPTP, and the like, first of all, go to the System section of the web interface ->Download and check whether the corresponding service is enabled.
2) To adjust the offer to take advantage of IPv6this instruction- I have on the computer within the network is now IPv6-connection status - "Internet" ;-)
3) Upgrades from previous firmware on this and save the settings to make it is not necessary, but better to flash the reset (sysupgrade -n or the Breed, the latter being less preferred), and then adjust all over again.
4) For all these reasons, this firmware is "communicating", because I'm waiting for the driver and will finish loading lists, but for those to whom it does not matter, the firmware may well come as a work (I, for example, now on it).

r11582
1) One option: a full set of software, hardware included the NAT, aggressive (but not really) performance optimized for assembly; if the audience will like it, I do light option.
2) returned with nginx on uhttpd, but not from good life, as soon as LuCI web interface no longer hard-boiled eggs, go back to the nginx; and while employed in the configuration workaround for uhttpd, that he somehow stir;
3) With frequent reinsertion I noticed that the router is, straying time, so added ntpclient (with luci-app-ntpc); and then shot down time do not go through the tunnels data, in particular this applies to Tor.

r11215
1) Provides 2 options:
a. fast - everything is the same as in the previous r11001 (a full set of software, included hardware NAT), and with aggressive optimizations for speed in the assembly;
b. lite - similar r11001 recruitment software, but hardware NAT is enabled, also used aggressive optimization when building speed.
Options such as normal, spiXX did, because in normal kind already as it makes no sense (and so all works surprisingly stable) and spiXX, say, no one needs. Write, if anyone will need.
2) If you are upgrading / firmware automatically cut down zhruchie or unnecessary in most cases service: vlmcsd, mjpg-streamer, softethervpnclient, yggdrasil, https_dns_proxy, mdadm, haveged, mwan3, noddos. Also conditionally disabled (not used): relayd, pptpd, xl2tpd.
3) If the update lock bypass list does not work, the new scripts, etc. Files to update rblbypass lists. * Must be manually copied from the / rom / etc in / etc.

Warning
0) Is always (especially with this firmware! ) Be on the lookout: Make backup copies of the settings as well as keep on hand all the files you want to roll back to a workable tested firmware.
1) In this firmware (and other firmware based on the master branch OpenWrt)strongly recommended by means of opkg upgrade and variations cause the router mass update installed software!Relatively safe, but with caution, individual packages can be updated. This is not a firmware update for ASUS of enthusiasts, Padavan or others. Only spoil your mood and your time is wasted;
2) Increased speed of operation due to more dense and effective code for optimization at the assembly stage reduces stability router disperse!Nature can not be fooled - "small and concentrated," has a weight comparable to the weight of the "big and loose." In other words, more effective actions give the large load, so to disperse iron router on this firmware can behave less stable in comparison with the same acceleration, but normal, "braked" firmware (no offense).
3) adblock is enabled by default, so if the browser says "not found the IP-address" of a familiar site, then most likely the problem is that in some of the sources of adblock this site banned - then you have to add site to the whitelist adblock, but that's not all, you need to restart adblock, dnsmasq, clean all kinds of DNS caches (not just on the router and on the client device), etc .;
4) Default on name resolution (DNS) of encrypted channels (dnscrypt, DoH, DoT) instead of UDP; if any websites / domains are not allowed in the IP-address request to start check the resolution of problematic site / domain via the public DNS, and always with the router (via the nslookup, for example);
5) Generally, this assembly is sometimes very similar toshit ! I have two routers - clean and operating normally everything works, but so far not at all. What is the difference of the initial conditions, I did not glades so far, but respectedVictor_k24could shed some light on this: when after firmware began to show symptoms of sudden bright dementia router, the latter was subjected to a lobotomy procedure through a complete restoration on runoff from a backup (the backup was created in advance prudently Breed means); after re-potting the culprit of this post dementia disappeared, as had happened ...
6) If you do not understand why all this is necessary and how it works - the firmware does not suit you.

Content
1) The firmware with many optimizations in speed and acceleration by frequencyJust 5 options:
a. Usually, the native NAND flash-memory, with a complete set of software;
b. fast - accelerated for native NAND flash-memory, with a complete set of software andNAT-enabled hardware ;
in. spi32 - a little lightweight, no frills, for a flash-memory SPI-NOR volume of 32M;
Mr. spi16 - a minimum of flash-memory for SPI-NOR volume of 16M;
. D lite - similar spi16, but for native NAND flash-memory.
For each embodiment is made of the version 3: no acceleration (880 MHz), with acceleration to 1000 MHz and with acceleration up to 1120 MHz. Archive of each option includes: 3 versions with different frequencies (for normal and lite versions: files kernel1 and rootfs0 to write to partitions manually, sysupgrade update of OpenWrt and breed - for firmware via Breed loader), the general assembly configuration with preinstalled and settings, as well as all the other changed files (modified kernel configuration and router equipment).
All five variants have about the same configuration for the installed software. In particular, all encrypted DNS (in spi16 and lite only through dnscrypt-proxy, as well as in the rest even through stubby and https-dns-proxy), Tor and a script to update the lists of blocked IP / domain. In all three embodiments, the same configuration nucleus.
Option spi32 contains a patch that eliminates hang-up when the software reboots the router.

2) Some packages replaced or full versions included the add. possible, e.g., dnsmasq-full, iw-full, wpad-openssl, libopenssl, mc, dropbear etc.
3) In a couple of dropbear present full OpenSSH-server, the default port 2222 is allowed to input the password for root.
4) In busybox, except optimizations enabled multi-byte characters in the console (and not only) and there telnet-customer .
5) Support for modems, disk drives, USB adapters<>Ethernet and USB some<>WiFi.
6) The core includes some utility, for example, MIPS FPU Emulator (operability Syncthing) and / dev / mem; there are additional kernel modules, for example, IPv6, VPN-tunnels, etc.
7) There is also a mtd_oops kernel module (wrote on mtd kernel panic-and the magazine), in rc.local set to mtd5 section. If someone has the router will fall / hang, you can merge this mtd5 and try on it to find out what was going on.
8) As a main runtime-library is used libc ++ (instead uClibc ++); SSL / TLS library - OpenSSL (instead mbedTLS).
9) Basic Bun:
- balancing Internet connections (mwan3);
- Blocking ads (adblock);
- Print Server (p910nd);
- IPTV (udpxy, igmpproxy);
- UPnP;
- SQM QoS;
- secure DNS (dnscrypt-proxy, stubby - DoT, https-dns-proxy - DoH);
- Dynamic DNS - DDNS;
- BitTorrent-client (Transmission);
- download manager (aria2);
- VPN clients (OpenVPN, WireGuard, SoftEther);
- Tor;
- network resources (smbd);
- server NFS;
- Support for UPS (nut);
- VoIP-Gateway (Asterisk);
- Web cameras (mjpg-streamer);
- Wake on LAN - WOL;
- restart according to some events - WatchCat;
- distributed network like cjdns - Yggdrasil.
10) Most of the default service (after flashing) off! Something must be enabled / configure - first of all go to the "System" menu ->"Loading", there click "Disable" to label turned into "ON", and then - "START".

Additionally
Breed posted two bootloader files:
1) Originalbreed-mt7621-xiaomi-r3g.bin;
2) it is already configured to run with the "2nd section of" (at the address 0x600000),mtdblock0_breed_0x600000.bin.
Binary already configured Breed can be used in flashing the bootloader Photo, not steaming that must still somehow come to Breed and somewhere there is something to push and to register ...

Known issues and features
1) It is doubtful the IPv6 performance, I have not set up yourself, but has previously received reports of problems in this area.
2) Removed binaries for Breed - they raise problems here and there, probably making them the script as something messy. If anyone has ideas why this is happening, please give details.
3) Also, the router may be stupid to pretend that updated sysupgrade team, but in fact not be updated. The first way to get around this - to put the firmware update file is not in / tmp, and / tmp / shm. It helps in half the cases. The second way - to stop a maximum of services immediately before the update command (sysupgrade). Also, both methods can be combined.
Another trick, but not so this trick - put the firmware file in the home directory / root, and then sysupgrade do everything yourself (that way I was able to work around the error, issued sysupgrade when trying to flash from other places).
4) Most of the default service (after flashing) off! Something must be enabled / configure - first of all go to the "System" menu ->"Loading", there click "Disable" to label turned into "ON", and then - "START".

In the plans
do the following:
1) Modification of the script update lists of blocked IP / domain - obtaining from both sources simultaneously, possibly with correction antizapret et al.
2) for each bunch zadrala pereproshivat router. It's about the overclocking frequency. I want to make something like a file number into / etc, so that you can change the frequency and reboot.
3) The ideal would be to make sure that you could do recalibration system delays / timers after the frequency change, then it will be possible to change the frequency of "on the fly".

Thank you for testing and crosstalk errors / flaws:andreyKaunov , Vladdrako , QR4 , ryo Zi , Roman.F748 , Major7 , Victor_k24 and all others who support me practical advice and a kind word :). Special thanks to koskem for their help in the creation of operational firmware for the SPI-NOR flash-memory.

Post has been editedYkidia - 28.02.20, 02:42
Reason for edit: Update on r12269, Additional Description

Rep: (61)
I connected the hard drive to the router. With a computer in a network environment, the router can be seen, and there is no disc. How can I with a computer on it go? Windows 10. On the native router firmware.
ZY. On mobile devices it is visible

Post has been editedawtoset - 18.03.19, 23:24

Rep: (58)
* awtoset
You may need to configure Samba

I read the FAQ, do not understand the time and at the expense of hdd firmware:
the acquisition of the idea was to connect the hdd and organize of the router + hdd media repository: To provide for wifi access to hard content for three PCs. Only that, all the rest - without need.
Enough to sink this firmware, or have something else to put?

Ykidia @ 18.03.19, 22:12*
1) Includes the latest updates. Number OpenWrt snapshot - r9630.

I stopped working 5G, with a bunch of errors in the log type:
Tue Mar 19 00:44:08 2019 kern.err kernel: [108899.938793] mt76x2e 0000: 02: 00.0: MCU message 31 (seq 11) timed out
Found issue 2
https://github.com/openwrt/mt76/issues/228
https://github.com/openwrt/mt76/issues/246
they are included in this build (I did not understand during the assembly process include whether the last branch repositories all around it)?

Post has been editedstarsolaris - 19.03.19, 01:11

ROOter

Put through a drain (files kernel1.bin and rootfs0.bin, exactly,both OpenWrt) Or because OpenWrt web interface (Faid openwrt-Xiaomi-mifi3G-GO2019-03-10-upgrade.tar).
could not be put through BREED.

The default address is:http://192.168.1.1
no password

Firmware is an assembly OpenWrt 18.06.1, with emphasis on the use of modems. Out of the box there is support for external storage, OpenVPN (can operate directly from the web interfaces throw ovpn-config, besides there is a ready-made presets for popular services such as AirVPN, NordVPN, PIA, ProtonVPN, TunnelBear, Mullvad, Windscribe), DDNS, Load balancing ( MWAN), print server, Netperf, WoL, Samba, SQM, iPSet, guest networks and hotspots. All this is configurable from the web interface.

Gargoyle

Set of web interface OpenWrt.

The default address is:http://192.168.1.1
Password: password
SSH: root / password

Firmware is an assembly OpenWrt 18.06. Out of the box there is support for external storage, OpenVPN (can operate directly from the web interfaces ovpn throw-config), DDNS, QoS, WoL, UPnP. All this is configurable from the web interface. Firmware has been famous for advanced means of monitoring those shakes, shakes and how much that up to the list of visited resources. And building nice charts.

Post has been editedDart raiden - 19.03.19, 03:08

Rep: (3)
* Ykidia,

Version SPI-memory fails to collect?

Rep: (2)
* Vitek9614 , I have a similar problem, but only to 2.4 GHz. It began when I decided to update the firmware of Breed Padavan to the last. wi fi module works not stable as if constantly goes into sleep mode. Even when connected to a router admin input is not the first time (timeout reset) but not wi fi icon disappears. When all the connection happens (briefly) everything works consistently fast.

Generally, Breed stores some settings of the previous firmware?

And who tests as max. comfortable pull router Wi-Fi connections.?

f0b @ 19.03.19, 05:50*
Generally, Breed stores some settings of the previous firmware?

No, it does not save.

starsolaris @ 19.03.19, 01:11*
I stopped working 5G, with a bunch of errors in the log type:
Tue Mar 19 00:44:08 2019 kern.err kernel: [108899.938793] mt76x2e 0000: 02: 00.0: MCU message 31 (seq 11) timed out
Found issue 2
https://github.com/openwrt/mt76/issues/228
https://github.com/openwrt/mt76/issues/246
they are included in this build (I did not understand during the assembly process include whether the last branch repositories all around it)?

Just do not tell offhand, right now there is no time to find out, but they're kind of long-standing, they had to enter.
I, for example, all homemade Soup to pick up to 5 GHz, and log the core of any MCU message timeout not.
[29.251067] bus = 0x1, slot = 0x0, irq = 0xff
[29.255277] mt7603e 0000: 01: 00.0: ASIC revision: 76030010
[30.981891] random: crng init done
[30.985304] random: 6 urandom warning (s) missed due to ratelimiting
[31.664584] mt7603e 0000: 01: 00.0: Firmware Version: ap_pcie
[31.670197] mt7603e 0000: 01: 00.0: Build Time: 20160107100755
[31.708159] mt7603e 0000: 01: 00.0: firmware init done
[31.880957] ieee80211 phy0: Selected rate control algorithm 'minstrel_ht'
[31.898056] bus = 0x2, slot = 0x1, irq = 0xff
[31.902294] mt76x2e 0000: 02: 00.0: ASIC revision: 76120044
[33.494360] mt76x2e 0000: 02: 00.0: ROM patch build: 20141115060606a
[33.503458] mt76x2e 0000: 02: 00.0: Firmware Version: 0.0.00
[33.508932] mt76x2e 0000: 02: 00.0: Build: 1
[33.513004] mt76x2e 0000: 02: 00.0: Build Time: 201507311614____
[33.541689] mt76x2e 0000: 02: 00.0: Firmware running!
[33.548948] ieee80211 phy1: Selected rate control algorithm 'minstrel_ht'
[33.561609] PPP generic driver version 2.4.2
[33.567643] PPP MPPE Compression module registered
[33.574109] NET: Registered protocol family 24
[33.579915] PPTP driver version 0.8.5
[33.586538] usbcore: registered new interface driver rndis_host
[33.594690] usbcore: registered new interface driver sierra_net
[33.603725] usbcore: registered new interface driver smsc95xx
[33.612985] usbcore: registered new interface driver sr9700
[33.633544] uvcvideo: Found UVC 1.00 device HD Webcam C525 (046d: 0826)
[33.652650] input: HD Webcam C525 as /devices/platform/1e1c0000.xhci/usb1/1-1/1-1.1/1-1.1.1/1-1.1.1.4/1-1.1.1.4:1.2/input/ input0
[33.664706] usbcore: registered new interface driver uvcvideo
[33.670551] USB Video Class driver (1.1.1)
[33.677540] l2tp_ppp: PPPoL2TP kernel driver, V2.0
[33.684161] usbcore: registered new interface driver option
[33.689870] usbserial: USB Serial support registered for GSM modem (1-port)
[33.700500] kmodloader: done loading kernel modules from /etc/modules.d/*
[44.266868] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet: PPE started
[44.271772] device eth0 entered promiscuous mode
[44.272627] br-lan: port 1 (eth0.1) entered blocking state
[44.272645] br-lan: port 1 (eth0.1) entered disabled state
[44.273156] device eth0.1 entered promiscuous mode
[44.276613] br-lan: port 1 (eth0.1) entered blocking state
[44.276635] br-lan: port 1 (eth0.1) entered forwarding state
[44.276938] IPv6: ADDRCONF (NETDEV_UP): br-lan: link is not ready
[44.299779] IPv6: ADDRCONF (NETDEV_UP): eth1: link is not ready
[44.542692] IPv6: ADDRCONF (NETDEV_CHANGE): eth1: link becomes ready
[44.625381] asix 1-1.1.4: 1.0 eth1: link up, 100Mbps, full-duplex, lpa 0xC5E1
[45.792346] IPv6: ADDRCONF (NETDEV_CHANGE): br-lan: link becomes ready
[45.794426] pppoe-wanb: renamed from ppp0
[47.686491] pppoe-wan: renamed from ppp1
[49.378489] nf_conntrack: default automatic helper assignment has been turned off for security reasons and CT-based firewall rule not found. Use the iptables CT target to attach helpers instead.
[50.310472] IPv6: ADDRCONF (NETDEV_UP): wlan0: link is not ready
[50.809874] IPv6: ADDRCONF (NETDEV_UP): wlan1: link is not ready
[50.813914] br-lan: port 2 (wlan1) entered blocking state
[50.813935] br-lan: port 2 (wlan1) entered disabled state
[50.814398] device wlan1 entered promiscuous mode
[50.814572] br-lan: port 2 (wlan1) entered blocking state
[50.814583] br-lan: port 2 (wlan1) entered forwarding state
[50.817004] br-lan: port 3 (wlan0) entered blocking state
[50.817024] br-lan: port 3 (wlan0) entered disabled state
[50.817581] device wlan0 entered promiscuous mode
[51.569792] br-lan: port 2 (wlan1) entered disabled state
[55.606504] mtdoops: ready 6, 7 (no erase)
[55.606521] mtdoops: Attached to MTD device 5
[59.808923] IPv6: ADDRCONF (NETDEV_CHANGE): wlan0: link becomes ready
[59.809326] br-lan: port 3 (wlan0) entered blocking state
[59.809340] br-lan: port 3 (wlan0) entered forwarding state
[130.525685] IPv6: ADDRCONF (NETDEV_CHANGE): wlan1: link becomes ready
[130.526091] br-lan: port 2 (wlan1) entered blocking state
[130.526121] br-lan: port 2 (wlan1) entered forwarding state
[379.850916] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link down
[383.925704] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link up
[489.518143] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link down
[494.555609] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link up
[1597.792268] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link down
[1600.200207] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link up
[3070.936894] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link down
[3073.384578] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link up
[5759.895298] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link down
[5764.128178] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link up
[7148.902075] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link down
[7151.442576] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link up
[8890.527974] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link down
[8892.977561] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link up
[10471.769161] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link down
[10476.120682] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link up
[10952.610884] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link down
[10955.170396] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link up
[12010.951295] pppoe-wanb: renamed from ppp0
[13033.890693] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link down
[13036.299352] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link up
[13121.723894] pppoe-wanb: renamed from ppp0
[14161.209148] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link down
[14165.048809] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link up
[15039.339581] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link down
[15041.753360] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link up
[15066.093555] pppoe-wanb: renamed from ppp0
[16563.375113] pppoe-wanb: renamed from ppp0
[16758.023859] pppoe-wanb: renamed from ppp0
[16768.023481] pppoe-wanb: renamed from ppp0
[17291.289723] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link down
[17293.692581] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link up
[19840.779288] pppoe-wanb: renamed from ppp0
[21455.632154] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link down
[21459.511002] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link up
[25126.554724] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link down
[25128.999716] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link up
[29592.082560] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link down
[29594.543016] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link up
[33480.454089] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link down
[33484.276452] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link up
[45780.136440] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link down
[45782.856844] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 2 link up
[50235.340144] usb 1-1.1-port2: disabled by hub (EMI?), Re-enabling ...
[50235.347075] usb 1-1.1.2: USB disconnect, device number 5
[50236.248959] usb 1-1.1.2: new low-speed USB device number 8 using xhci-mtk

Post has been editedYkidia - 19.03.19, 09:35

ungodly @ 19.03.19, 09:48*
I tried to edit a config before assembly

What exactly are the rules?

Posted on 19/03/2019, 10:02:

koskem @ 19.03.19, 04:20*
Version SPI-memory fails to collect?

Like already it needs to support, just in case, ask a question, waiting for an answer. After that try to collect (the same, but without svistoperdelok).

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 03/14/20, 4:30