Archer C7 - Discussion | Wi-Fi Router

Rep: (1)
TP-Link Archer C7 (AC1750 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router)- Discussion
Wi-Fi Router 802.11a / b / g / n / ac | 2.4GHz frequency (450Mbit \ s) | 5GHz frequency (1300Mbit \ s) | LAN 4x1000Mbit \ s | USB 2x2.0 type A |

Attached Image

The forum decided to post images under the spoilerPicture

Specifications
HARDWARE CHARACTERISTICS
Interface 4 LAN ports 10/100/1000 Mbit / s
1 10/100/1000 Mbps WAN port
2 USB 2.0 ports
Buttons WPS / Reset Button
Wireless on / off button (wireless on / off)
Power On / Off Button
External power supply 12 V DC / 2.5 A
Dimensions (WxLxH) 243 x 160.6 x 32.5 mm
Antenna type 3 removable 5 GHz antennas with 5 dBi gain (RP-SMA)
3 internal 2.4 GHz antennas

PARAMETERS OF WIRELESS MODULE
IEEE 802.11ac / n / a wireless standards for 5 GHz frequency
IEEE 802.11b / g / n for the 2.4 GHz frequency
Frequency range (receive and transmit) 2400-2483.5 MHz
5150-5350 MHz
5 GHz transmission speed: up to 1300 Mbps
2.4 GHz: up to 450 Mbps
Sensitivity (reception) 5 GHz пјљ
11a 6 Mbps -96 dBm
11a 54 Mbps: -79 dBm
11ac HT20: -71 dBm
11ac HT40: -66 dBm
11ac HT80: -63 dBm
2.4 GHz
11g 54M: -77 dBm
11n HT20: -74 dBm
11n HT40: -72 dBm
EIRP (Wireless Power)<20 dBm or<100 mW
Wireless functions Enable / disable wireless broadcast, WDS bridge, WMM, wireless connection statistics
Wireless Security Encryption Modes: 64/128-bit WEP, WPA / WPA2, WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK

CHARACTERISTICS OF SOFTWARE
QoS (data prioritization) WMM, bandwidth control
WAN connection type Dynamic IP / Static IP / PPPoE /
PPTP (Dual Access) / L2TP (Dual Access) / BigPond
Management Access Control
Local management
Remote control
DHCP server, client, list of DHCP clients,
address reservation
Port Forwarding Virtual Server, Port Triggering, UPnP, DMZ
Dynamic DNS DynDns, Comexe, NO-IP
VPN traffic pass PPTP, L2TP, IPSec
Access Control Parental Control, Local Management Control, Node List, Scheduled Access, Rules Management
Network security (firewall) Protection against DoS attacks, SPI firewall, filtering by IP address / MAC address, domain name, binding by IP and MAC address
Protocols Supports IPv4 and IPv6
Shared via USB Support Samba (storage device) / FTP server / media server / print server
2.4 GHz guest network guest network
one 5 GHz guest network

OTHER
CE, FCC, RoHS certification
Package Archer C7
3 removable antennas
Power adapter
Ethernet cable
Quick Setup Guide
System Requirements Microsoft Windows 98SE, NT, 2000, XP, Vista в„ў or Windows 7, Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10
MAC OS, NetWare, UNIX or Linux
Environmental Parameters Operating Temperature: 0 в„ѓ - 40
Storage temperature: -40 в„ѓ - 70 в„ѓ
Operating Humidity: 10% - 90%, without condensation
Humidity during storage: 5% - 90%, without condensation
Firmware
Dumps
Attached fileРЎ7V2.zip(8.95 MB)
Useful

The curator of the topic isN.o.F.a.c.e.

Post has been editedstp101 - 12.04.20, 09:48
Reason for editing: Working recovery procedure for Archer C7 v2 via TFTP

Rep: (58)
* RzY8l5x0 , Punches normally 2.4 even though they are built, 5 the best range of punches, but for short distances, with the intense heat was observed.

* alex595979 , All true written.

Dear forumtsev, I plan to still be installed on archer c7 v4 firmware DD-WRT. I think many will deal with, but with IP-TV can zapupatsya. There is the usual home IP-TV 2 connected televizova samsung smart tv. Tell me where in the dd-wrt to set the settings for ip-tv in the drain insertion. Google did not specifically say anything) Thank you all in advance.

Rep: (281)
* sony_vaio,
Udpxy help you. Simply and without dancing with a tambourine

And there Udpxy in dd-wrt?

High enedzhi, People). Advise please, what version of the router still buy: Archer C7 (V4 ) - the latest firmware dated 180926 or still Archer C7 ( V5 ) - the first firmware with date 180 428? According to the official support TP-Link, by contrast V5 V4 - is a non-removable antenna (y V4 - removable) + a firmware option is added to the scheduled restart. Otherwise the same apparatus. Confused is that the V5 almost a year later still use the original firmware, which can not be modified, as compared to the V4, which later sewing and KMK more "dopilennuyu". What do you think? For the price of both versions are identical.

* RzY8l5x0,
take 4 version and not go wrong.

A.r.c.h.e.r. @ 02/22/19, 19:25*
take 4 version and not go wrong
"Chet ochkuyu I Slava". ))) The most interesting - write in a support TP-Link, so on Wednesday or Thursday on the official page of the router to the new firmware V5 appeared dated dekabrom 2018, but only in English. Again, my heart disorder to the nerves, which version to buy. )

Rep: (33)
RzY8l5x0 @ 23.02.2019, 15:47*
which version to buy. )

Or maybe sympathetic money dokinut take kinetics? And ochkovat not have to. Included forgotten;)

* RzY8l5x0,
4 version, for 11 months and there are no problems.

4 version of the firmware on the sink, running smartTv 2, 4 devices connected via lan, guest WiFi c connected users. And there are no problems and hang-ups, but on the whole signal slightly worse than my ex keenetic. I think to try to install DD-wrt, but then ochkuyu))))

Rep: (143)
A.r.c.h.e.r. @ 10.02.19, 17:32*
Unfortunately, there is no possibility, the router is not at hand, remind a couple of weeks.

I remind you about the firmware configuration screens DD

And you can still screens IPTV settings in the DD-WRT

sony_vaio @ 24.02.19, 13:41*
but then ochkuyu

it is not necessary, in the cap there is an instruction to return to the drain.

Posted on 24/02/2019, 20:37:

* Alleexx777
any tabs need screens?

Rep: (143)
A.r.c.h.e.r. @ 02/24/19, 20:33*
any tabs need screens?

Basic settings.
As well as WIFI settings.
I think the more the better

Rep: (49)
Can someone look at and say exactly what channels are available to a fixed selection on 5 GHz on the official firmware revision 4 router?
Thank!!

I have router WDR-4300 which can select 36, 40, 44, 48, 132, 136, 140, 149, 153, 157, 161 channels in the 5 GHz band.
It worked perfectly 5 years, but has recently started such that Wi-Fi is, and no internet, lost at work and at such a moment of suspension is not possible to go to the admin panel. Sometimes, it proceeds to 2,4 GHz and let admin. It has been observed that WDR-4300 when operating on channels 153 or 157 such problem occurred rarely. However, I bought a new laptop, which sees only allowed in the RF range of channels in the 5 GHz band with 36 to 48 and a couple of 132 and 136 channels. The router has been translated into 136 hang there but rarely. Well, I think began to die. Archer C7 has bought a second audit. And to him that the same happens parsley, hangs exactly the same. We began to climb to the head such thoughts, that these problems started with as long as the neighbors came from Rostelecom routers broadcast in the 5 GHz band. Previously, I was the only one in the 5 GHz band. So this Archer C7 rev2.0 allows you to select the firmware drain only 36, 40, 44, 48, 149, 153, 157, 161 channels. But because further 136 laptop is not working forced to switch the router on the 40-48 channel where hang more often.
Therefore, I am asking whether a 4-th revision with the native firmware to broadcast 132, 136 channels?

Put DD-WRT, there you can select any channel, but with the scanner printer is connected via USB to a third party firmware will not start. I think to change the router 4 revision, if there vysheozvuchennye channels.

Somewhere in forums seen that hang terminated when selecting WPA2-PSK encryption and AES. But I have not yet had time to test for a long time, do not know will help or not.

sony_vaio @ 24.02.19, 13:41*
Guest WiFi c connected users
* sony_vaio, how the device works with yablofonami? Everything's Alright?
2all. This week, I redeem the router. I will put on Saturday. Question to the owners (the version is not critical). The apartment, which will run my copy, internet connected by Rostelecom (St. Petersburg, PON). So is there any particular Archer has a well-setting to work in tandem with PON terminal of the RTC?

Post has been editedRzY8l5x0 - 25.02.19, 22:55

sony_vaio, how the device works with yablofonami? Everything's Alright?

Yes, everything works fine with yablofonami. Plus a guest at a lot of different network connections, I opened it I do not feel sorry for the people. )) On the router server weighs a little there on it arranged virtkalnye machines with multiple OSes. all OK! More an external nas. Distribution 24/7. No hang-ups are not noticed.

Hello everyone! News from the field. ))) Took apparatus. Something always went on sale V5, so much choice, which version to take, and it was not. While things short: the device content. No problem went to the admin panel. The original version of the firmware is such:
Attached Image

But after the upgrade:
Attached Image

I note that in spite of the fact that the official website of the new firmware is stated that only the English language, on the fact of Russification after the upgrade is preserved. It looks like a support did not finish in the Russian word description. )
Check the work will already days later.
All good! :)

Rep: (0)
I changed the old router to asusovsky archer c7 v5. Internet, vayfay, everything works. But stopped going packets with temperatures from one PC to another. Packages were UDP. After futile attempts to set up the router, changed to TCP-packets. But still do not reach. It seems the router cuts. How and where to correct?
And yet - anybody has put DD-WRT firmware v5? Is there Russian language?

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 19/06/20, 1:36