External 3G / 4G router RF-Link R850 - discussion | Wi-Fi Router | 2 x100Mb

Rep: (13)
External 3G / 4G router RF-Link R850 - discussion пїЅ
Wi-Fi Router | 2x100Mbit \ s

Description
Accidentally stumbled upon such a "beast" - External 3G4G router RF-Link R850. Manufacturer of Russian type, no technical data, except for the range from 850 to 2600 MHz in 3G and 4G. Has anyone already used this miracle? Not advertising never, he became interested,
Specifications
here is the link:
http://rf-link.ru/cata...g-router-rf-link-r850/
WiFi - b / g / n
Main technical characteristics
Frequencies used: UMTS Band 1/8 (2100/900 MHz)
LTE TDD Band 38 (2600 MHz
LTE FDD Band 3/7/20 (1800, 2600, 800 MHz)
Internal antenna: 5 dB x 2 pcs (omni-directional)
Memory: SDRAM 64 MB, FLASH 8 MB
Processor: ATHEROS 9341
Power supply: Input: 100V ~ 240V, 50Hz ~ 60Hz
Output: 15V DC В± 10%
Output: 500mA
Sim card: Standard (large)
Operating temperature: -35 ~ 60 в„ѓ
Dimensions: 252 x 142 x 50 mm
Weight: 570 g (external + internal modules)

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling caps, please contactauto RU in QMS or moderators section through a button Pictureunder the messages. How to do it right, what would you understand the first time, well describedhere.
Finally it is time to give an extended description of the device.
1. Element base modem:
The ATHEROS 9341 processor clocked at 533 MHz.
64 MB ROM memory implemented on EM6AB160TSE-5G
USB HUB controller on GL805G HH1JEOGY37
8 MB flash memory on MX 25L6433F chip
Power supply JW50225 GP838CK
Enclosure connectors - RJ-45
SIM card slot
All plug connections are IP66 protected.
The power supply circuit is protected by a switch against polarity reversal of the input supply voltage.
There is an indication of the mode of operation of the modem, consisting of 8 LEDs.

Attached Image

The router comes bundled unpretentious, no frills, clocked at 2.4 GHz
Element base:
MTK7628 processor
Flash memory
25L8006 E
WAN - 1x10 / 100 Mbps WAN port (RJ45)
Lan - 2x10 / 100 Mbps Ethernet port (RJ45)
2 x WI-FI antennas
The power supply is common to both devices - the allowable output voltage is from 5 to 18 volts.
Attached Image

Continued Description:
The modem is controlled by a web-muzzle. Despite the English-language interface, there are no problems in the settings. Of the useful “goodies”, one thing is especially pleasing - the URL filter, which is just as relevant for the mobile Internet. A simple rule is created with a ban on a specific page and voila, goodbye paid subscriptions. For two months of work, not a single write-off :) The rules are created separately for each resource, not a list, but you do not have to do this often, so it's worth it. Again, there is no need to use third-party sites, such as noip, to organize such a service.
There are no USSD commands in the interface, but I would not count it as a minus, well, no and no. I could not check the maximum distance between the outer and inner parts of the device - in fact, in my case, the cable length was 35 meters. On the other hand, it is difficult to imagine a mast with a height of 10 storey house.
The overall impression of the modem is purely positive - the device is easy to operate and reliable in operation. Due to the price, the modem is not very popular, but the ability to distribute a pair of modem router at a very large distance makes it in some cases the only option for organizing communications. This is especially true for cases where the house is located in a lowland or in the presence of tall trees in the direction of the base station. The design of the remote module provides for mounting on a wall or on a mast / pipe, fasteners are included. I don’t know, however, what will happen with a lightning strike and how to organize lightning protection, but this is the topic of another section, not related to a specific model.
A small minus in the translucent case of the router, the LEDs shine with such force that in the dark the case resembles a Christmas tree.
I did not find any firmware for this model, yes, and did not see any need. The device turned out to be easy to operate, like an iron - turned on and working, i.e. lovers of various improvements it will be just uninteresting. Those who want to change IMEI will have to invent something of their own - DC Unlocker is not an assistant here.
Of course, I am not an authority on the forum, but in my opinion the device is worthy of finding its niche and is recommended for purchase.
P.S. I completely forgot about the "rate of fire" of the device. The photo shows the results of SpeedTest, but you should not accept this data as an axiom. In general, the speed depends not so much on the signal level, but to a greater extent on SINR (noise level) and BS load. In my case, the result shown refers to the time from 1:00 and later. During the day, the speed is lower than once every two or three due to the active work of awake users. True, it is possible to manipulate the operating frequency with the range settings in the modem. So, with an incoming speed of 10 mbit / s in the 4G range, switching to 3G gave a result of 28 mbit / s. Those. all "hooked" on 4G in anticipation of high speed and released 3G.
Attached Image

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedBlehman - 08.12.17, 15:23
Reason for editing: Supplement description.

Rep: (5833)
Where to buy this monster so as not to be deceived? I have a full unlimited on a 4g beeline. If I insert a SIM card from the phone into the router then will unlimited 4g remain or not?

Post has been editedD.A.R.K. angel - 08.10.17, 12:04

Rep: (0)
Unlimited is tied to a SIM card and does not depend on a router. Where to buy - look at the "Where to buy" section on the official website)))

Rep: (3)
Come with your SIM card, if you live in Moscow, I can personally test everything if there are doubts about the operation of the router. I threw off the contacts.

People put as much as 2 pieces, the second - as a reserve.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5pDYIyqWbg

Rep: (17)
Regarding the price of this unit (well, and searches, so to speak, of the original) on Ali -Tyts. The old version is also output, without an external wai, and, in fact, the current version :)

And herepageon the manufacturer's website

Post has been editedkibuuka - 17.10.17, 16:32
Reason for editing: Added a link to the manufacturer

And here is another manufacturerTozed

I mean, the case coincides, but the content can be anything. The same situation is with GSM repeaters - there are 3-5 variants of cases, and there are 50 factories!

Rep: (12)
The author, but is there just a GSM signal amplifier?
In my country ASH-ku catches unstably, and in phones 20 gigs are idle at a tariff.

Post has been editedBAI number 1 - 26.10.17, 20:30

Rep: (3)
First you need to understand what range the repeater is required for. The forum has an excellent Network Cell Info program specifically for this purpose, or you can use the phone’s service menu (relevant for Apple and Samsung Galaxy)

Rep: (54)
Colleagues, who is in the know (it is in the know and is ready to confirm this with photos of the chipsets of the external unit with 2G | 3G | 4G and the internal unit with WiFi) for the subject?
To a reasonable question ondevice on Ali (his clone or ...) :
Good afternoon,
On what chipset it is made internal WiFi the block?
On what chipset it is made external 2G | 3G | 4G the block?
I thank for the detailed answer

I received the following answer from the manufacturer’s representative:
Hi friend
We use broadmobi module
Thanks

Attached Image

Shanghai BroadMobi Communication Technology
Broadmobi Company doing OEM for USB Modem, Mobile Phone, MiFi Routers, Smartphone and have exported large quantity to Europe, USA and Asian countries, in China we are manufacture of D-link, Haier etc. with monthly 200K supply ability, deal to high quality and reasonable price. We are ready to refer you our favorable price and relative samples, for quality evaluation and marketing activities.

Post has been editedcitrixserver - 02.11.17, 12:01

citrixserver
I don’t speak languages, vysissya!
Is it possible in a nutshell in Russian. : rolleyes:

* Timothy41,
Due to the fact that I unfortunately do not speak Chinese, I asked the manufacturer in Ali in English.
I requested clarification on which chips the internal unit and the external unit are made.
The first answer from the Chinese was that the external unit was installed on a module from the Chinese company Broadmobi Company.
The second question I asked to confirm the correctness of the statements (did I understand it correctly) that the Chinese company Yeacomm has a YF-P11K product (this product is essentially a complete copy of the subject under discussion by this branch), the external unit is made on the chip of the Broadmobi Company company (this follows from the answer to the first question), and the internal unit is on the Atheros 9341 chip from Qualcomm (this follows from the description on the manufacturer’s website).
Second letter from the Chinese - Yes, my above statement is correct.
As a confirmation - I took a screenshot of the correspondence.
This information can serve as a starting point for those who want to buy an analogue of the RF-Link R850 router in China on Ali's website.

So, I repeat in the question for experts:
On which chipsets is the RF-Link R850 router sold in our country made? Please confirm your statements with photos on which you can see the name of the chipset.

Post has been editedcitrixserver - 04.11.17, 15:48

There is a better antenna
Omega 3G / 4G MIMO LAN BOX

Also a street router, but with an advanced antenna part.
Size 45x45 cm, signal gain 18-20 dB.
In RF-Linke about 8 dB.
Those. not only for places where it already catches, but for real amplification of a very weak signal.

* one-kos,
There is such a "narrow-frequency" good on the market as dirt} -) The subject has a significantly higher frequency fork, the one you have proposed has only 1700-2700.
Well, if you recommend thisMikroTik wAP LTE kit

Citrixserver @ 11.21.17, 10:41 PM*
There is a better antenna
Omega 3G / 4G MIMO LAN BOX

Also a street router, but with an advanced antenna part.
Size 45x45 cm, signal gain 18-20 dB.
In RF-Linke about 8 dB.
Those. not only for places where it already catches, but for real amplification of a very weak signal.

1. You have an antenna with a gain of 1-2 dB in your phone. And it can work from 35 km from the BS! As already mentioned many times - big KU is pure marketing to sell more expensive.Herewell painted.
2. And what kind of street router Omega 3G / 4G MIMO LAN BOX? Another manual assembly? No photos of the inside.

* ex-comf,
IMHO the question is not for me? Forthe post is quoted not mine
Ex-comf @ 11.28.17, 12:05*
You have an antenna with a gain of 1-2 dB in your phone. And it can work from 35 km from the BS!

Let me ask this: at what frequency does your mobile phone pick up a signal from a BS from its distance of 35 km on its internal antenna?
Even the good old NMT-450 (450MHz) cell radius was a little less than 20km (and then in an open area such as the tundra): girl_cray:
IMHO such "miracles" without a repeater with a block of narrowly directed antennas will not work: yes2:

Post has been editedcitrixserver - 28.11.17, 18:27

Rep: (2296)
Citrixserver @ 11.28.17, 18:19*
Even the good old NMT-450 (450 MHz) had a cell radius of a little less than 20 km (and even then in an open area such as the tundra)

This is not true.
In fact, the BS operating range at 450 MHz or 900 MHz to 35 km, but everything is tuned to the BS.

* Domovoj,
But in practice, where does this happen?
In reality, I’m in a Moscow region with a Skylink BS in the absence of direct visibility through the forest (terrain without strong elevation changes) at a distance of 6.72 km on a Cmotech CDMA 2000 with 2 + 5dB external omnidirectional antennas (a good router for its time) only pathetic scraps caught ...

Rep: (2296)
Citrixserver @ 11.28.17, 19:14*
But in practice, where does this happen?

It happens.
NOKIA 3510i worked through a BS located 32 km.
Climb into the mountains and do a manual search.
If there is a netmonitor, write down the BS ID and then if you have access to the map, see the location of the BS.

Of course, I’m embarrassed to distract you guys, but how to change imei on it I bought myselfhttps: //ru.aliexpress....714b889c9361568a7f3f2a
Now I’m racking my brains how to do it

take a look at the time I asked a question in different topics at one time

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/13/19, 11:13 PM