Xiaomi Mi Internet Speaker - Discussion | [Portable speaker]

Rep: (1912)
Xiaomi Mi Internet Speaker - Discussion
Xiaomi Mi Internet Speaker bluetooth - column with the function of internet radio
Purchase пїЅ | Discussion пїЅ | Application MI Speaker (Miguo) пїЅ | Xiaomi club пїЅ

Attached Image

• Before asking a question, use search by topic . Respect your and other people's time
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Other photos
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Description
The company Xiaomi regularly pleases fans of their product announcement of the new device: once the novelty has become the smart speaker Mi Internet Speaker.

The gadget is equipped with two main and two low-frequency transducers. The developer has applied Processor Amlogc 8726M3 Cortex-A9. There are adapters wireless Wi-Fi 802.11as and Bluetooth 4.1, USB 2.0 port and audio jack.

Speaker can play music from the Internet at the user's request. Maintained control with buttons on the cabinet, through voice commands and mobile app Mi Home App.

Mi Internet Speaker also able to play audio content from the internal storage capacity to 8 GB or USB-connected storage. In addition, a speaker can be connected to the computer.

The apparatus is characterized by dimensions of 282 95 90 mm and weighing about 1.6 kg. Powered gadget receives from the mains; no built-in battery.
Device characteristics
Interfaces
Support for Wi-Fi - Dual-band 2.4, 802.11 b / g / n / ac
Bluetooth - Bluetooth 4.1
Specifications
Power - 2x10 Watt
Processor - Amlogic 8726M3 Cortex A9
Internal memory - 8 GB
General characteristics
Dimensions (Wxhxd) - 282x95x90 mm
Weight - 1.6 kg
Reviews
Useful

ATTENTION!!! Do not update the firmware on the device to the latest version - the column is not seen in the application and produces wheezing sounds, it does not work AUX and USB flash drive. Solutionhere.

No topic Curator . If the subject is, a user who wants to become a Curator and correspondingRequirements for candidatesHe may apply,Post New Topicin sectionI want to beCurator (having previously studied Rules and guidelines forCurators ).
Prior to his appointment
Curator, For filling caps, please contactModeratorssection or a buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Rep: (0)
it* viselga ,
* viselga ,
The same ... Sin on the quality cn north or the fact that on them)

Post has been editedvolodyaru - 05.07.17, 21:11
Reason for editing: Added

Rep: (39)
* volodyaru ,
Looks like it. But it had not been ...

Column C is less understood. Apparently, there was some glitch software. I put the Russian-language application from the cap. everything is working. For the most part listening through bluetouth of Deezer, or from the phone. The sound is excellent. Sometimes a little crackling, but only if a load on the phone - for example, the use of a browser or heavy applications with a connection to Internet. And so everything is clear.
The column can be reset in the application.
Hopefully soon this application will add Russian stations and in general all will be gud.
The sound is excellent, by the way))) At work, compared with Sony X99. Of course Sony has Sony, but for the price of 6 times lower, Xiaomi - fire !!!!!

Post has been editedsash5555 - 07.07.17, 13:11

Rep: (18)
Recently I received a subject.
On Gerbeste price is still $ 69 a promise another day ...

Standard Packing for Xiaomei - all minimalist, so the same set: the actual column and power cord with US-Chinese flat plug (corporate, white, can be replaced by a European).
It upwards is a piece of paper in Chinese, from the useful to its QR-code to download spetsovoy prog "MI Speaker" (no "Mi Hom" it can not be controlled), so the same code on the bottom of the column. The program at startup offers a choice of language, Russian is not present (see cap, there is a translated Miquo - thank him, if proved useful), has an English and a few more for me uninteresting. After installing a program you want to associate with his MI-uchotkoy and column, the column "to acquaint" with your Wi-Fi network. This program offers everything to make the first start.
I was looking for a "live" radio stations with interesting content. There are all sorts, but the quality of the broadcast (stream) just awful. It may depend on the region, but I can not listen to this. At best 16Kbps. Because only any decent quality transmission and tracks stored on servers (very resemblance to podcasts). All you can look for search, found and liked to keep the local memory (near the track on the left there is the down arrow) and raspihat on "channels" (I would call it a play list). The memory can not store anything, but simply to spread through the channels. Internal memory is a kind of "Backup" in the case of Internet failure, or temporary absence. The only thing that is not clear, in the absence of the internet (picked up the column and went with her to the cottage) to choose what is stored in the internal memory (in theory - voice control, but it is in Chinese).If you are going to call "channels" well spoken words in English - speaker understands them and begins to play with the new channel treeka and place at which it was finished listening to that channel.When the entire Chinese devaysa and content, music via Bluetooth listening to just a couple of tracks (all amazing), and for several days I get on on the content of "Chinese" channels, listen to, add to your playlists and load ... Maybe there is not anything, but I until enough to play.
If you select "Channel" and start playback, the phone is no longer needed. Column directly from Rauter receives and reproduces all of the available content on the channel.
Stuck behind YUSB flash drive with pre-recorded music on it. Tracks laid out by daddy and podpapochkam: Artist \ Year - Album Name \ Trek number - Name of the formulation. MP3 tags are also present. The column on the newfound flash drive did not respond, but in "MI Speaker" among the available previously appeared Daddy "USB device" and it ... all the tracks are sorted by number and title tracks. The file structure is not taken into account, tracks from YUSB added to the playlist on the column can not be how to organize it for listening to albums do not understand (yet there is only one crazy idea - all tracks in all folders perenumirovat continuous numbering, regardless of their location in a particular album ). With flash flac plays without problems.

Sounding.
Well - not B & W Zeppelin, of course, but the price is much lower. I would say this - if you do not consider yourself a super music fan with perfect hearing and not a young perfectionist, a perfectionist, as well as the owner of their own homes and a large amount of free time to listen to music in Hi-Fi quality, then this the speakers you will be pleased with. Room 18m.kv. it is quite a voiced, bottoms thus emits anywhere from 60-80Gts perfectly acceptable, but the "tube" makes itself felt in the form of a buzz at the resonant frequency (remember the price). Xiaomei promises 30W, maybe it is true, can the power consumption, but: high volume bottoms room is not shaken, middle and upper enough. A lot of time at full power, I did not drive it - can protect the leaves from overheating. Generally, the lower classes, so to speak - digital. They hear, but do not "feel" the sound pressure. If you're in one - three meters from the speakers (especially speakers axis), then just enough. Spare the neighbors.Not enough "stereo widening" when listening from afar... listening to a column in different places and positions heard pretty good stereo image if the head is in the column axis of radiation, it creates a feeling of (uncertain) that the speakers are located at the edges of an isosceles triangle, is already 20%, but the lack of stereo. This effect is easily lost when shifted away from the center column. In general - if you sit comfortably in a chair, the speakers arranged in a pair of triple-meters straight ahead on vysotae + -50 ... 80cm from the level of the tip of the nose, you can get a lot of pleasure from listening. That he's written all this, and at this time in the column began to play a track from the "Zoolook" JM Jarre - went to listen: no stereo at three meters distance! In general, all with stereo sound is not clear and is very dependent on ...
Column plays very well on small \ minimum volume levels, which does not in the JBL Charger (comparison is not entirely correct - the appointment of different devices). I would say that it is ideal for the bedroom, especially if you like to fall asleep to music. By the way - in the program, you can set the "Service" on falling asleep (strange, but it is executed) and waking up too (both single and repetitive, you can choose many different alarms), even in the "Settings" found sleep after playing a certain number of -wa tracks and timer. There is a five-band equalizer with presets and manual adjustment. When you try to ponastraivat equalizer, the program offered to upgrade the firmware in the column - agreed amount of a decent upgrade, and to download the update took about 10 minutes.
There switchable feyding: when you turn off \ start playing the track from the beginning, the volume fades \ increases for about 1-2 sec.

Design.
Everything I love - minimalistic, akuratno, qualitatively, no bounce and squeaks. Out of the box falls pleasantly weighty white brick (1,6kg, clearly no one column designed as a portable), behind him - a beautiful white thick power cord. Why the heavy column - is unclear (maybe the concrete is poured), why there is no battery - the same: I would take it with him at breakfast ... The minimalistic cover integrated control panel (remove and can not be controlled remotely). Seven intuitively spaced buttons (two of them almost useless) allows to easily control the playback of the current content "Channel".
The bottom of the column is heated significantly (as in the minimum volume, and the 10W). No ventilation holes.

Conclusion.
Excellent column for bedroom, study, provide background music for the entire house (the right amount can be arranged on the premises). A good choice for students and for those who do not need a super-quality, but sometimes you want to fill the silence with pleasant sounds.

Post has been editedvet1969 - 25.07.17, 02:55
Reason for editing: USB and stereo base.

On the internet work stations. Tried, click on the plus sign to subscribe to the station, select the Himalaya and Internet line, chose jazz and turned off the phone, and it works. I turned off the column, turned, walked jazz, but very long breaks between songs, but AsiaFM HD goes well.

Found western internet station. The Himalaya FM, FM on the line there CRI HIT FM, where Chinese speak in English, but the music is purely Western.

I came all the speakers turned to configure your phone streams sent to the column some work, it is not clear just how they keep the column can m3u who tried to stick to throw?

Rep: (18)
proalter @ 21.07.17, 07:41*
can m3u who tried to stick to throw?

Cada tried to internal storage - does not see their column. Maybe there is still a method that has not yet found.

Rep: (49)
Received column two weeks ago, still very happy. Tests with doubleTwist pro, music phone, radio plays and podcasts on wifi without any problems. Subjectively communication wifi stable than via Bluetooth. Question: anyone testil column with other applications for Android? Any idea, what wifi more players can try to expand a little functionality compared to the official app?

Rep: (23)
Good day! No one knows how it can be to win 10 to connect wifi?

* ya.grn ,

I tried to connect according to the instructions in the appendix Mi Speaker (Settings - Remote connection - Windows: go to My Computer and enter the address specified in the application). The column appeared in the network device list and the context menu "to play with the device." Plays through Windows Media Player.

Via66 @ 23.07.17, 22:02*
The column appeared in the list of network devices

To reset your Mouzon and the column will be his to lose. There's 8 GB for the eyes ...

Posted on 24/07/2017, 13:10

Here's how to enter the muzportaly internet radio, such Resiva, Frontier Lust FM et al., Bypassing BT ...

Post has been editedviselga - 24.07.17, 13:13

Rep: (23)
Via66 @ 23.07.2017, 20:02*
* ya.grn ,

I tried to connect according to the instructions in the appendix Mi Speaker (Settings - Remote connection - Windows: go to My Computer and enter the address specified in the application). The column appeared in the network device list and the context menu "to play with the device." Plays through Windows Media Player.
It is something that I have so connected network drive speakers, and I would like it as a wifi column, for example, on iOS I have it added from anywhere in the home can enjoy music. With only a computer bluetooth :( that affects the quality of a pair appear wheezing, here and hunt it as a wifi column connect it to win 10 :)

ya.grn @ 24.07.17, 16:38*
I would like it as a wifi column

On wifi it plays, but only within the framework of the Chinese server. It seems that the wheezing due to this server, when you play the disc no wheezing column no.

* ya.grn ,

Sorry, I do not know why I have a column is defined as a multimedia device, not just how you drive and why Windows Media Player easily translates any music from a computer through the column. I'll try the other day on my laptop Man. Let's see if I'm lucky as well as with a computer.

I think it is a merit Fritzbox.

Post has been editedVia66 - 24.07.17, 17:54
Reason for editing: Idea

Via66 @ 24.07.17, 19:36*
broadcasts music from any computer through a column

If BT, it translates to any music. I listen to Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, and others.

* viselga ,
With the computer can only via WiFi, as the BT not. Your smartphone also prefer for WiFi, quality is more like it, while it is nothing better than doubleTwist Pro not found (transmits music from your phone, your favorite radio and podcasts). Spotify connect on wifi did not work.

Via66 @ 24.07.17, 21:08*
doubleTwist Pro

I have set up very well. But it seems that the connection goes through AirPlay (bypassing BT), but can go through and Tues. In the paid version promised flac and ALAC, sought and found.

Posted on 24/07/2017, 21:12:

Via66 @ 24.07.17, 21:08*
Spotify connect on wifi did not work

He will go through BT (but first VPN).

Post has been editedviselga - 24.07.17, 21:10

* viselga ,

doubleTwist transmits Airplay or DLNA, that's just the volume does not adjust. BT is transmitted through anything (and the volume can be adjusted), but sometimes noisy. Is connected via the audio cable to your laptop, purely out of curiosity, during the viewing of the film it was not like any interference.

Rep: (3)
Via66 @ 24.07.17, 23:52*
doubleTwist transmits Airplay or DLNA

According to the DLNA sound is adjusted with the Smart without any problems.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 26/05/20, 21:52