Discussion INOI R7 | Russian phone on the Open Mobile Platform (Sailfish OS)

Rep: (18)
DiscussionINOI R7
Description | Discussion В»| Purchase В»| Accessories В»| Marriage and repair В»| Firmware "

• Before asking a question, look Jolla FAQsuddenly there is something there :)
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Attached Image

Device characteristics
General
Manufacturer: INOI
Model: R7
Year of release: 2017
Operating system: Sailfish OS RUS (Open Mobile Platform)
Number of SIM cards: 2
Accum Capacity (mAh): 2,500 (Li-polymer)

Dimensions
Dimensions (WxHxT, mm): 71.5 x 145.9 x 8.9
Weight (g): 145

CPU
Processor Type: Qualcomm Snapdragon 212
Number of cores: 4
Clock frequency (MHz): 1000

Memory
RAM (MB): 2048
Built-in memory (GB): 16

Communications
Phone: GSM (850, 900, 1800, 1900), LTE B1 / 3/7/20 (800, 1800, 2100, 2600), UMTS (900, 2100)
Bluetooth: 4.0
Wi-Fi: 802.11b, g, n
Other: 2G 2, 3.5G (HSDPA, HSDPA +, HSUPA, HSPA, HSPA +), 3G UMTS / WCDMA, GPS

Sensors: Lighting, proximity, accelerometer, compass
Navigation: GPS, AGPS, Glonass

Multimedia
Screen Size: 5 "
Screen resolution (px): 720 x 1280
Screen Type: IPS
Video accelerator: Adreno 304
Camera rear (MP): 8 AF
Photo flash: Yes
Camera front (MP): 5 FF
Speaker: Mono
Headphone Out: 3.5

Management and input
Touch screen: capacitive
Event indicator: yes (two-color: red / green)

Expansion
Memory Cards: microSD, microSDHC
USB version: 2.0 (OTG support)
Connectors: microUSB

useful links

Reviews

Where can one buy?
While it is on sale only in one shop:https://spb.buyon.ru/1311520/inoi-r7/(Price ~ 12,000 rubles. As of 06/23/2017)

Possible solution to the problem with power consumption
Recovering firmware on INOI R7
LVM image firmware

Post has been editedAndreyYe - 28.06.19, 23:48
Reason for editing: Message # 732 by Ancelad

Yesterday I became the owner of this device.
I am ready to answer questions within my modest competence.
Before that, I didn’t own any phones on Maemo / MeeGo / Sailfish, so I’m still poking myself, sometimes like a blind kitten)

The topic's heading is empty yet, it will be filled in as far as possible and time, suggestions for its filling are accepted.

I hope for filling the topic with common efforts, and creating at least some similarity FAQ on the device)

Support domesticOpen Mobile Platform ;)

Rep: (14)
Already talked to the seller and phone manufacturer.
Open Mobile Platform is a closed mobile platform from third-party programs.
There is no support for android applications ... Someday they will inject, according to the manufacturer. But at the site of the manufacturer of this OS it is said that there is support for android.
I was a little surprised by the almost complete lack of software for instant messengers.
It looks good, but I don’t know what to do - to surrender due to the lack of support for android or to suffer ...

* Gophan-1, In the original Sailfish OS, support for android applications seemed to be good or bad, I don’t know, for some reason they decided to give it up.
Mb related to this:
http://omprussia.ru/security.html
"Sailfish Mobile OS RUS is an advanced protected operating system, the protection mechanisms of which are embedded not only in the operating system kernel, but also in all the main components:
  • File system integrity control
  • Bootloader integrity control
  • Full blocking of the device, without the possibility of unlocking, in violation of the integrity of the file system or bootloader
  • User rights restrictions in accordance with corporate security policies both at the OS level and with the help of MDM management systems
  • The ban on installing software (independently by the user) from untrusted sources "

Or simply nedpilili ...

I personally have to use two phones anyway, one for calls (working), the other for Internet and leisure.
So now the worker will be without any extra programs.

Maybe this was the secret intention, if indeed these phones will be issued to civil servants)

Post has been editedAndreyYe - 23.06.17, 15:07

Rep: (0)
Also acquired out of interest. I waited for support for android applications. There was no support, I wanted to donate, because Native store is very scanty, I just did not find the navigation program with the display of traffic jams. Even as a second phone I do not find it used. But I decided that for now let him lie down. I wonder if there will be any further development.

I tried to install Aliendalvik, on the step:
cp platform_extraenvsetup.sh /opt/alien/system/script/platform_extraenvsetup.sh
got an error:
cp: cannot stat `platform_extraenvsetup.sh ': No such file or directory

It is expected that the installation of Android applications after that did not work.

Rep: (21)
* Zavgor What instructions did they use?

* AlterNile,
By this:
Install Aliendalvik. Run Android applications

* Zavgor , and rpm generally installed? No mistakes?

* AndreyYe,
Yes. I copied it to the device and installed it from there.

P.S. It looks like I'm doing something wrong myself. Misunderstood the theme with the script. I downloaded it and where should I copy it?

Post has been editedZavgor - 24.06.17, 12:42

* Zavgor , copy to the root, i.e. / home / nemo

Script case is not special for nexus 4?

Post has been editedAlternile - 24.06.17, 12:59

* AlterNile,
It is likely that special. I'm generally far from this topic. I can only do the instructions.
The script seems to have been replaced, but when trying to start the service:
[root @ Sailfish nemo] # systemctl start aliendalvik
Job for aliendalvik.service failed because a timeout was exceeded. See "systemctl status aliendalvik.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

* Zavgor
it seems that yes, the "mako" is present in the script - nexus 4

Threat: to understand more in this) maybe some kind of optimization is needed here in the form of a script, just for something else ..

* AlterNile,
Yeah...

* Zavgor
here I think, not for nothing that I also ordered .. although it is interesting, maybe there is a loophole)

Question: Can any of the holders of the object of discussion discuss with repositories? Is it possible to connect Dalvik's turnips from Jolla, for example, and install from there?

* Alternile , some jolla turnips are connected, but according to the word dalvik only finds translations for some reason. See screen. Do not know which repository should be connected?
Attached Image

How could I understand from here
https: //forum.xda-deve…censing-issue-t2694127
There are problems with licensing Dalvik, he propietary and jolla bought a license only for their devices.
So its issuance from reps and installation on third-party devices m. somehow blocked.

Therefore, apparently users of "informal" ports on the Nexus, etc. and come up with some crutches and detours.

The development of our weapons of mass destruction, if they developed something, is also apparently for some reason not mastered the purchase of a license or did not buy in principle ...

Post has been editedAndreyYe - 24.06.17, 23:00

* AndreyYe What does ssu lr give out?

* Alternile , the same thing but a little more
Attached Image

* Alternile In general, as I understand it, it is probably easier to connect openrepos.org, there are various useful things there: clients VC, FB, Vatsap, maybe something else)

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/08/19, 20:53