Xiaomi Yeelight Smart Light Strip | [smartHome] Xiaomi Smart LED Strip

Rep: (72)
Xiaomi Yeelight Smart Light Strip - Discussion

Official site | Purchase пїЅ| Discussion В»|Yeelight application пїЅ | Xiaomi club пїЅ
    Attached Image

• In the subject are allForum Rules | Section Rules;
  • Useful topics to note:Forum FAQ | How to clean the image under the spoiler;
  • Instead of saying “Thank you!” UsePicture. If you have less than 15 posts - click on the button.Pictureunder the message where you were helped, and write thanks;
  • In the absence of the curator, the moderator fills the topic header. Use the buttonPictureon the message, which, in your opinion, you need to add to the header to contact the moderator.

Device photos
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Device description
Xiaomi Yelight Smart Light Strip - your personal lighting for the environment
If you were looking for something to cheer up at home, whether it is a party, a romantic evening or a pleasant atmosphere, then you will enjoy the new bright light of the Yelight Smart Strip. This is basically a flexible strip that can stick to any corners in your house and illuminate the space with different colors. Thanks to the Wi-Fi connection, you can choose one of 16 million colors and customize it on your smartphone.
Instructions in Russian
Device characteristics
  • Belt length: 2 m
  • Wireless: Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b / g / n 2.4 GHz
  • Color Options: Adjustable, 1,600,000 colors
  • Brightness: 1% -100%
  • Power: 12 W
  • Power Supply: 100-240V ~ 50 / 60Hz 0.2A
  • Output voltage: 12V 1A
  • Average Life (h): 25,000
  • Package Dimensions: 171 x 171 x 47 mm
  • Weight: 400g
Platform Compatibility
Android
iOS
Instructions
Restore factory settings
  1. Disconnect the power cable from the lamp
  2. Hold down the power button
  3. Connect the power cable (Without releasing the power button!)
  4. Wait 30 seconds
  5. The tape will turn on first red, then green, then blue. Then release the power button. The indicator on the controller will turn yellow.
  6. Everything

Instructions for lengthening RGB tape
All actions you do at your own peril and risk. The author of the instructions is not responsible for your actions.
Yeelight SMD LED Marking -5050 Attached Image
Characteristics of a single 5050 LED
  • Luminous flux, Lm 15
  • Power 0.2 W
  • Temperature up to + 65
  • Current, ampere 0.06
  • Voltage, Volt 3.3
  • Dimensions, mm 5 x 5

There are 60 LEDs in 2 meters of tape.
Attached Image

To connect the segments and the controller, CN2-10MM connectors are useful -link.
Attached Image
Purchase of additional tape RGB 12V 30led (per 1 meter) -link
Attached Image

Option 1: Wiring RGB tapes with one power supply
Limiting factors:
  1. The maximum length of series tapes connected should not exceed 5 meters.
    In detail
    You can not connect a new segment to the tape in series, if the length of the tape already exceeds 5 meters!
    In the case of such a connection, the LED tape will work in the wrong mode, a large current will flow through the first 5-meter section and warm it up, which will lead to degradation of the LEDs and their failure, and the second piece of tape connected to the end of the first one will receive less current and weaker shine. This design works, but not for long.
    Wrong connection example
    Attached Image

2. The throughput of the Yeelight controller is limited in both serial and parallel connections.

The total power consumption of LED strips should not exceed 80% of the specified nominal power of the power supply.
Scheme
Attached Image

+ Pros

-Minuses
  • Increasing the size of the power supply
  • Length limit due to controller bandwidth

Option 2: Connection scheme of LED RGB tapes using RGB amplifiers
It is possible to connect amplifiers to a tape both consistently and in parallel. Power supply units are selected separately for the length of the segments. Or you can share one.
Attached Image

+ Pros
  • No length limit

-Minuses

Useful
Instructions in Russian
How to shorten the tape
Trim on a gray strip with ordinary scissors.
Attached Image

Post has been editedALEX @! - 07.05.18, 21:23
Reason for editing:

Rep: (4)
ALEX @! @ 12.08.17, 02:43*
If you want to add up to 3 meters to the tape, then change only the power supply

what power supply do you need to buy to connect these two tapes? and it is possible without soldering, a certain connector?

Rep: (6)
How to connect it in general))))))): rofl:

Post has been editeddydy_nike - 24.10.17, 11:20

Rep: (33)
Gentlemen, but do not tell me, BP typesuch agoes if you add another 2m 5050 SMD 30 led? In terms of power, it seems to go, only the current from the native 1a, and this one gives out 2a.

* Medd, Yes

* ALEX @ !,
And where to connect the additional tape? Something I do not see on the cut-off line of the connection points as on ordinary RGB tapes
Attached Image

* Medd, Because they are under the paint. Or look at the bottom. Moreover, there are no points there. There are just four insulated conductors. They need to be cleaned from insulation.

Post has been editedALEX @! - 31.10.17, 17:20

* ALEX @! , it is now clear. Those. connectors will not work to add 1m. Need to solder

Rep: (15)
Good afternoon, tell me please - it is possible somewhere to buy a controller separately, to control the tape via Wi-Fi. I plan to connect 10 meters of LED strip, so I think why I need 2 meters of the original tape and a power supply for that price, if I have to buy a separate (different) power supply and tape separately. Interested only in the manufacturer Yeelight.

* sasHka-dj, Xiaomi Aqara RGB LED Controller (at the end of the list) - it will probably be, but it is not for sale and it is not known whether it will be sold at all. For you, the option is only to buy two meters from Yeelight, and then buy RGB amplifiers and a powerful power supply.

Rep: (15)
ALEX @! @ 03.11.17, 00:50*
sasHka-dj, Xiaomi Aqara RGB LED Controller (at the end of the list) - it will probably be, but it is not for sale and it is not known whether it will be sold at all. For you, the option is only to buy two meters from Yeelight, and then buy RGB amplifiers and a powerful power supply.

Thank. I understand it, I searched everywhere (Ali, GB, Railway) - I did not find it, probably it is not for sale separately. I will think

* ALEX @ !,
By the way, there are places for soldering on the tape. They are every 0.5 meters. And they look the same as on all ordinary tapes.

Rep: (0)
Tell me, can I extend this tape to 5.8 meters, without replacing the power supply and using amplifiers?

* S_DMiTRiY_A , not. A meter of such a tape from other manufacturers stated eats 7.2W at its peak. This tape has a 12W power supply. At 2m there is this PSU. In your opinion, from a 12W unit you will squeeze out 42W, how much is needed for 5.8m tape?

Rep: (0)
Medd, Thanks, with bp it is clear. Do you need amplifiers in my case? And how to connect, in series or in parallel?

* ALEX @ !,
But do not tell me whether it is possible to include the tape except through an application or a wire button to organize? Are there any wireless buttons? To put near the couch and not drag the phone with you or not to climb into the drawer, to turn on the tape

The photo shows 4 contacts. As I understand it, half-meter pieces of tape are simply lapped in this tape. So?

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedMedd - 08.11.17, 11:57

* Medd, I’ll tell you a secret, the tape can participate in scripts. If you add to it gateway and button it will turn out a wireless switch.

Medd @ 11/08/17, 11:53*
The photo shows 4 contacts. As I understand it, half-meter pieces of tape are simply lapped in this tape. So?
Apparently yes

Post has been editedALEX @! - 08.11.17, 20:32

Rep: (10)
* Medd , the cube is more convenient

Rep: (4)
Who uses two controllers in different parts of the room? What are the synchronization options?
Or are they displayed as different devices in the application?
Can dynamic color change work on different controllers synchronously?

Rep: (7)
Good day. If I need to add 1 meter, solder 1 meter (more precisely 85 cm) of the same tape to 2 meters, do I need to buy something else or will the unit pull and will it be updated and all the "buns" will function? thank

* GAD1,
The power supply must be purchased

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/07/19, 11:27 PM