Chuwi Surbook - Discussion | [tabletpc] 12.3 "| Intel Apollo Lake N3450 | 6GB RAM | 1024 Lev

Rep: (11)
Chuwi Surbook - Discussion пїЅ | Description | Buying and Accessories пїЅ | Official Chuwi Theme пїЅ
Windows 10 | 12.3 "| Intel Apollo Lake N3450 | 6GB | 1024 Level Stylus / Kickstand
Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows UWP Discussion пїЅ | Intel Cherry Trail Gaming Discussion пїЅ | Android | Remix OS | Linux on tablets пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance tablet owners пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Operating systems and software

Attached Image

Additional Images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Specifications
1. The new generation of Intel processors - Appolo Lake N3450 and Intel Gen9 HD Graphics.
2. Screen 12.3 inches 2736 x 1824, 2K resolution, 3: 2 aspect ratio.
3. 6GB DDR3 RAM + 128GB eMMC ROM.
4. Lithium-polymer battery with a capacity of 10,000 mAh, fast charging 12V / 2A.
5. 2.4 / 5GHz dual-band Wi-Fi, 2MP / 5MP dual camera.
6. Two full-sized USB 3.0 ports, one full-function USB Type-C port (support for audio and video).
7. Ultra slim removable keyboard, 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity of the stylus.
8. Metal case, Windows 10 Redstone OS.
additional information
Chinese OEM Chuwi, known for its tablets and 2-in-1 solutions running Windows 10, announced a new product, SurBook, designed to compete with Surface tablets and the Microsoft Surface Book transformer laptop.
Instructions

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling caps, please contactauto RU in QMS or moderators section through a button Pictureunder the messages. How to do it right, what would you understand the first time, well describedhere.

Post has been editedferhad.necef - 30.06.18, 15:23
Reason for editing: How to get to the loop

Friends! We would like to hear your suggestions on the new Chuwi product. While he is still preparing for release, we would like to hear your wishes, and introduce the best and most interesting to the new device.

Post has been editedChuwi co - 05.06.17, 12:49

Rep: (8)
* Chuwi Co, 7u30 version to see)
Is there a slot for ssd?
+ In addition to the ultra-thin keyboard, there is a version of the keyboard with a built-in additional battery and USB ports.

Post has been editedWhoareyou - 05.06.17, 13:49

Rep: (143)
Chuwi Co @ 05.06.17, 12:36*
2. Screen 12.3 inches 2736 x 1824, 2K resolution, 3: 2 aspect ratio

IMHO - "Excessive" resolution, which does not "will contribute" to the long life of the battery.
Will there be modifications with a lower resolution of the display matrix?
3. 6GB DDR3 RAM + 128GB eMMC ROM

6 GB memory (2 x 3 GB LPDDR3 chips). Why 6, not 8 GB.?
What prevented the installation of 8 GB in dual channel mode?
128 GB eMMC? IMHO - The choice of this type of memory is questionable ...
Who is the manufacturer of 128GB eMMC ROM?
The difference in the price eMMS vs SSD "kopeeshnaya." Why not SSD?
4. Lithium-polymer battery with a capacity of 10,000 mAh, fast charging 12V / 2A

Who is the battery manufacturer?
How "real" is the number 10000 mAh?
Will the battery charge when running on line?
(most likely it will, but how long the battery charging time will increase)

Posted 05/06/2017 2:10 PM:

Whoareyou @ 06/05/17, 13:46*
Is there a slot for ssd?
+ In addition to the ultra-thin keyboard, there is a version of the keyboard with a built-in additional battery and USB ports.

The slot is probably not, unfortunately ... Here is what Chris G. writes:
Not sure about the M.2 slot if it has it ... - Chris G. (techtablets.com)
The version with keyboard-battery is hardly planned (judging by various articles)

Post has been editedprofann - 05.06.17, 15:36

* Chuwi Co,
Dear, I would like to hear (read) Your answers to the questions ...
... otherwise, for what you created the topic and wrote:
"We would like to hear your suggestions on the new Chuwi product."

* profann, in fact, I conveyed the proposals to the leadership, and ask questions in our topic, we will answer them there.

Link to the topic in my signature.

Rep: (13)
An interesting device, but eMMC is a fat minus. Need support for M.2, and remove the eMMC altogether.

Rep: (33)
Chuwi Co @ 05.06.17, 12:41*
Friends! We would like to hear your suggestions on the new Chuwi product. While he is still preparing for release, we would like to hear your wishes, and introduce the best and most interesting to the new device.

1. Put the normal speakers.

Rep: (16)
Chuwi Co @ 05.06.17, 12:41*

It's funny that the TC opened the topic almost at the same time, when on Indiegogo the company actually announced the end of the development and testing of the product.

1. Weight. The device is almost a quarter heavier than the Surface. And in general, Chuwi devices are no different.
2. The keyboard, the main complaint, what everyone writes about on Indiegogo, and what the manufacturer does not respond to. The keyboard is backlit, but only with Latin characters, and is not adapted for non-English speaking markets. To glue stickers means to close the backlight, etc. For me, this is a very strong negative argument.
3. I would like a GPS / GLONASS navigation module. It is inexpensive, there is even in simple tablets, and with it market positions at SurBook would be competitive.

According to the technique I will join the above.

Mlebedev @ 06/22/17, 15:40*
1. Weight. The device is almost a quarter heavier than the Surface. And in general, Chuwi devices are no different.
2. The keyboard, the main complaint, what everyone writes about on Indiegogo, and what the manufacturer does not respond to. The keyboard is backlit, but only with Latin characters, and is not adapted for non-English speaking markets. To glue stickers means to close the backlight, etc. For me, this is a very strong negative argument.
3. I would like a GPS / GLONASS navigation module. It is inexpensive, there is even in simple tablets, and with it market positions at SurBook would be competitive.

An interesting review. I would very much like to hear your opinion that Microsoft Surface pro4 is the main competitor to our Surbook, it has half the battery capacity and therefore less autonomy. What is more important for users is an acceptable weight with twice the battery capacity (with the difference in weight being only about 200 grams), or is the maximum relief for the device? Weight gain of ~ 200 grams is still not so critical, if you have an autonomy margin of 1.5-2 times more with you, I think so.

As for the keyboard, I was already asked a question in our topic, and I replied that if according to the results of the pre-order to Russia we will achieve great success, an option will be made for the order with the Russian layout.

So far, we do not think that navigation on large-screen tablets is a good idea. Definitely, in devices with a small screen that can be fixed, for example, on a car dashboard or take a pocket with you on a camping trip - GPS is needed. However, why navigate in a tablet / laptop? Moreover, you can always purchase a USB GPS receiver, if you need one, and connect it to the tablet, while the dimensions and weight will not change much.

Chuwi Co @ 06/22/17, 18:18*
... I wanted to hear your opinion that Microsoft Surface pro4 is the main competitor to our Surbook, it has half the battery capacity and therefore less autonomy ...

Sorry, but how can you confirm that with the stated battery capacity of a Surbook, an unknown manufacturer, it will work twice as much? It is impossible to say so ...
Because not only the battery capacity “promised” by the manufacturer “speaks” about the duration of the tablet operation.
Chuwi Co @ 06/22/17, 18:18*
... if according to the results of the pre-order to Russia we will achieve great success, an option will be made for the order with the Russian layout ...

It means there will be no keyboard with Russian font ...

I was "pleased" with advertising by your company Surbook'a ...
Attached Image

... and how these different tablets are compared. I highlighted the question below :)

* profann, I wrote 1.5-2 times, not 2, it is clear that there are other factors that affect the battery life, but at least one and a half times longer it should work, up to a maximum of 2. The stated battery capacity of our devices corresponds to real.

Posted 06/06/2017 06:28:

It means there will be no keyboard with Russian font ...
)

You are too pessimistic, look at how much all we have backers on indiegogo, among them there are a lot of Russians.

Rep: (0)
Should I pre-order Chuwi Surbook? Or is it better to take Hi13? Are there any risks to fly on Indiegogo now?

It's already too late...

And why? Pre-order is still available.

Post has been editedRitter - 25.06.17, 10:04

Chuwi co

Question on sabzh.
Does android plan as a second OS like Chuwi Hi12?

Rep: (19)
* Ritter
Will not be. Nope under Apollo Lake Android.

1) is the keyboard of the same quality as the previous ones?
I mean mince, squeeze, hold together like, for example, hi12?

2) the screen is the same in terms of "does not always adequately respond to the touch", it seems, because of the air gap?

3) How do percents and memory cope with surfing in the internet? hi12 had problems with several relatively "heavy" tabs, the surf on the internet was not particularly comfortable.

Thanks for answers.

Well, kakbe, I think that the person has something to do with the manufacturer, so I hope that I can find something to answer

Bratemir @ 06/27/17 10:47*
1) is the keyboard of the same quality as the previous ones?
I mean mince, squeeze, hold together like, for example, hi12?

The video will partially answer your questions.

damn, a very negative video, from which I realized that:
1) the keyboard is of the same low quality - it is prominated, not very pleasant sensations, and even uneven in itself - it seems to be a wave, as if deformed a priori
2) the speed of video playback is increased, it can be seen from the movement of leaves in a vase, by double tapu with your fingers, by watching a movie (the movement of people is accelerated), etc. For what? In my opinion to deceive a potential buyer about the response time of the device. Very sad.
3) Even on this demo video, in which, as I understand it, the most polished model, the most prepared material, etc., there are lags: a long response when football is closed (long even for an accelerated mode), asphalt (or what kind of game I did not know) It jerks quite noticeably, not always correct working out of the wheel when drawing or closing an application.

Will I take? I do not know, most likely yes, if no one announces anything more powerful.

I also found a live review on YouTube: Powerful Beast Tablet CHUWI SurBook TOP GIBRID, unfortunately I can’t give you the link.

All of the above - IMHO, I just thought that maybe someone would be interested.

Bratemir @ 06/28/17, 09:41*
damn, a very negative video, from which I realized that:

YouTube video has disappeared!
Immediately after your review - I do not hint at anything, if anything! : D

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06.27.19, 07:55