Discussion camera Google Nexus 6P

Rep: (413)
Discussion camera Google Nexus 6P
Huawei Nexus 6P, angler, H1511 / 1512
Description | Camera talk пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Official firmware пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Unofficial firmware пїЅ | Nexus 6p Owners Club пїЅ | power usage пїЅ | Marriage пїЅ | Modification and decorations пїЅ

Camera specifications
Main camera
  • Module: Sony IMX377 Exmor R
  • Sensor: CMOS BSI
  • Sensor Size: 6.25x4.65mm
  • Pixel size: 0.00155mm
  • Crop factor: 5.55
  • Diaphragm: f / 2.0
  • Flash type: Dual LED
  • Image Resolution: 4032С…3024 pixels / 12.19 megapixel
  • Video resolution: 3840x2160 pixels./8.29Mn@30k/s
  • Slow motion: 720p @ 240fps / 1080p @ 120fps
  • Additionally:

- Autofocus
- Continuous shooting
- Digital Zoom
- Digital Stabilization (EIS)
- Geographical tags
- Panorama
- HDR / HDR +
- Touch focus
- Face Recognition
- Adjust white balance
- ISO setting
- Exposure compensation
- Self-timer
- Scene mode

Front-camera
  • Diaphragm: f / 2.4
  • Image Resolution: 3264x2448pix. / 7.99MP
  • Video resolution: 1080x1920pix ./1080p@30k/s

Useful
  • Mod standard camera with support for fast shooting [ZSL]:CameraNX
  • 1080p @ 60fps video for google / nx camera:here
  • Exposure Camera:LCamera
  • Camera application in a lot of settings:Snap Camera HDR
  • Another application with a bunch of settings:Open camera
  • All Google Camera mods:here
  • Google Camera v6.1 (with night mode):here

Sample pictures / videos

miscellanea

Attention! If you want to share your examples of photos, please do it throughGoogle driveorYandex.Disk.
There the photos are not compressed, they load faster and they are much more convenient to watch, Thank you!

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 11.04.19, 21:51
Reason for editing: Posts

Rep: (79)
I do not know, maybe I am carping, but after such reviews about the camera above, I would like to see something better. My wife Samsung A7 2016 fotkaet many times better at home. On the street is the same. Although A7 and our beast, you agree different things? Here is a photo. Hdr + light from the window.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

* subaristik98
Well, as if then it is clear ... So I am carping. I have about as well takes off. Just know against all the reviews I thought the fire will be straight)))

Rep: (46)
Tell me please. I can not decide on the choice of a phone with a good camera. There are so few normal reviews on the cameras that it just cuts out. I already wanted to take the Nexus 6p, but still ran into a review where it said that the camera does not have manual settings (in the standard program). How so? One of the best cameras and no manual settings? Maybe in some firmware this was fixed? And how well do third-party programs work, such as SnapCamera?

Rep: (245)
* capricorn13,
Here, the camera is good only in hdr + mode, so there’s no sense from third-party cameras, there is a manual exposure setting in the native one, you can watch a good phone view, including a detailed camera view on YouTube, the Alexander Zhuravlev channel

Rep: (76)
* capricorn13 If you are constantly photographing on manual settings - this camera is not for you. If on the machine - for your money this is the best camera. Anything that fotka better - is much more expensive. Plus, in lowlight, it occupies one of the first places among all the phones on the market.

* ALPINEEE ,

I looked at the review that was recommended to me, and they said that not everyone at 6p had an exposure adjustment slider. Who has it? And why did not appear at all 6p?

Rep: (76)
* capricorn13 , at the time of the review, the update just came out, because it was not for everyone. Now, I think everyone has it. If anyone does not, let them write here.

Rep: (5)
alex56mf @ 01.29.17, 16:53*
Well, as if then it is clear ... So I am carping. I have about as well takes off. Just know against all the reviews I thought the fire will be straight)))

How can ordinary indoor shots be "fire"?)
I can offer you a glimpse of my examples of what can be squeezed out with a simple post-processing in Snapseed from the pictures of our device.
https://www.instagram.com/reve1lle/

* Reve1lle ,

Very good frames. Yes, twisted, but everything is fine, in my opinion.
I have a question for you, but what about the home photos of children and generally home moving? I understand that in 6p there are no camera settings at all, something similar to the ideology of the iPhone - did you get it and took it off?

* capricorn13 Well, taking photos in motion only on Xperia in recent years is good
In general, depending on how you focus
ISO not
But if you use your native GoogleCamera, then there in the HDR + mode the photo is taken 1-2 seconds, so the result will be much worse
CameraNX fixes this a bit at the expense of ZSL, but if you want to shoot moving objects, you need to turn off HDR +. Because of this, you know, the photo will not be so "beautiful." Such a problem

Post has been editedsubaristik98 - 21.02.17, 13:20

Subaristik98 @ 21.02.17, 13:13*
Capricorn13, well, taking photos in motion only on Xperia in recent years is good
In general, depending on how you focus
ISO not
But if you use your native GoogleCamera, then there in the HDR + mode the photo is taken 1-2 seconds, so the result will be much worse
CameraNX fixes this a bit at the expense of ZSL, but if you want to shoot moving objects, you need to turn off HDR +. Because of this, you know, the photo will not be so "beautiful." Such a problem

I confirm - the sabzh camera is ideal for shooting static objects (by the way, it’s worth mentioning that things are bad with a macro, the module has a completely inappropriate focal length for macro), but weak for dynamic objects, although depending on their speed, because . even in HDR + mode, objects are not so blurred in motion as one would expect, given the principle of technology.
In my own camera, unfortunately, there is no exposure setting now, but considering the appearance of the exposure setting slider (which I was terribly happy about), following the trend, I think, in the near future, you can still wait for it to appear. I would certainly like to try shooting at night on long exposures with HDR +.
One thing I can say with confidence is not looking at one comparative review - the subject removes the best on the market in low light conditions.

But to shoot children probably more suitable Samsung Galaxy S7, Oneplus 3, or, by the way, the heir of the subject - Pixel, because It shoots in HDR + instantly.

In confirmation of the above about shooting in low light conditions, here is the source of a photo taken in complete darkness outside the city in the moonlight, autofocus somehow manages to cling.
Attached Image

But the photo of the moving train at night
Attached Image

Rep: (57)
The camera is superb if there are interesting moments for shooting
Thanks to 1.5 micron pixel at night
They would add the HDR + processing algorithm so that with 3+ photos in a row the photo would not turn off, there would be no competitors at all ... But for this, Google decided to release Pixel: russian_ru:
Attached Image
Attached Image

Call out lovers take photos, videos! Damn silent silent, but today came the peak. I shoot video usually in 4k. It would seem that the best video should be! But these jerks got! No smoothness when shooting! I'm not talking about stabilization now. About these jumps already read. But it was lags, jerks, jerking got !!! What could be the problem? The system is not loaded ram memory Nemer. The internal memory is also 10GB free. Tel. It works smoothly, all the bend fly. In the Nova launcher, only when selecting widgets there is a jerk, but this is to the software issues. Phone full stock out of the box, no root. All updated by air, 7.1.2.

Rep: (264)
* alex56mf,
Disable Video Stabilization in Settings.

* The mysterious
C'mon ... Is that because of her ???

* alex56mf , part because of it, part because of @ 30k / s recording, part due to the fact that the processor does not take out
I personally left 4K video alone, recording 1080p @ 60k / s. Quite enough

Rep: (1315)
M
subaristik98appointed curator of the topic. Please love and respect.

Most likely, many have seen this article:
The capabilities of the cameras Nexus 6P and Pixel are not fully disclosed
Of course, this application is nowhere to be found, but in the vast XDA there is a similar application.
Download: Attached fileLcamera1_enryea123.apk (546.61 KB)

XDA

There is no HDR +, but the exposure possibilities and ISO are wider than in a conventional camera. That is, lovers and those who "know how", the application will have to taste, because of the night photo, you can squeeze more.Well, as well as the camera shoots in .DNG (analogue of RAW)
Examples .jpg
Attached Image
Attached Image

Examples in .dng not throw off, the forum is not allowed to download this type of file. And in general, they are unsuccessful, I still did not understand the settings.
I'm still trying to find an application that would take 30-60 shots with different exposures and superimpose them on each other, but this is hardly the case.

Post has been editedsubaristik98 - 08.06.17, 23:01

Does anyone use third-party cameras? Is there one that really replaces the stock one? Video to shoot in 4k without jerking, quality photos.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/10/19, 03:29