> Attention

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Emulation of numeric key presses for Esmertec Jbed | Instructions for use

Rep: (141)
Many who played Java games on the esmertec jbed emulator encountered such a problem - how to click on the numbers 1, 2, 3, etc. After all, there are no such things on the hard buttons, but there are buttons that are still without action. Now it is possible, thanks to the program AE Buttons Plus.
What programs will be useful to us:
1) Of courseAE Button Plus 2.6.3
2) Text editor (For example:LiteNote )
3) For the convenience of opening files, I recommend the file managerResco File Explorer
4) ProgramKeycode. If you are too lazy to scan yourself, thenHERE: Attached fileimg-90575-Key_Code_For_AE_Buttons_Plus.zip (309 bytes)
you table scancodes

What we do:
1) Install AE Buttons Plus 2.6.3 (I recommend to put in the memory of the PDA)
2) Run the program
Attached Image
3) We are looking for any button to which you want to assign a digit to emulate
Attached Image
4) Click on the "do not touch the button", put the handle button and any action
Attached Image
5) Exit the program correctly, saving the settings
6) Now turn on the file manager and go here Program files \ AEBPlus
7) Open the AEBPlus.cfg file with a text editor.
Attached Image
8) Find the word Key after the space should go something else
Example: Key 40c1 a0030 a0000 a0000 a0000
Attached Image
9) Let's see what's what. After the key word is the scancode of the intercepted button (it may, for example, have the following look 0075 or 4075, instead of 0x75. In the screenshot of 40c1, this is the scancode 0xc1). After the scan code, the following actions take place: what to do when the user just pressed, doubled, three times pressed and held the button for a long time. We are only interested in a simple click, the rest do not touch.
10) Erase the action with a simple click, write k instead<scancode to emulate a button click>. To find out the scancode, you need to run KeyCode.exe, turn on the virtual keyboard there and click on the number. What will be in parenthesis - discard, we do not need it. Memorize the scan code of the button. If you are too lazy to scan yourself, thenHERE: you table scancodes
Attached Image
11) Now back again AEBPlus.cfg. Write k<scancode of the memorized button>. Note that instead of x in the scancode, you need to write 0.
For example: remembered 0x35, and we will write down 0035
remembered 0xD, and we will write 000d
As a result, we get, for example, k0035. Everything.
Attached Image
Save, run AE ButtonsnPlus again (if you want to run through the file manager, then run AEBPlusSettings.exe) and exit so that it accepts the changes we made in AEBPlus.cfg. Let's test if we succeed. Start a text editor and check that it should write a number after pressing the hardware button.
Attached Image
There is also a minus - when you hold the button, it does not repeat pressing the button.

Post has been editedmyhouse_1991 - 23.06.08, 15:03

Rep: (139)
Isn't it easier to simply adapt the midlet to touch control?

Rep: (912)
unrealwolf ,
+ 1.This is for sure :)

And, for that matter, it's even easier to assign a screen keyboard to the hard button. Only this is not very convenient.

unrealwolf ,
Not all games can be conveniently played only by the touch screen. Simply, there are extra buttons - there are quite a lot of them on ASUS P535 and they are not used in Java games. So I was looking for a solution on how to emulate button presses.
Isn't it easier to simply adapt the midlet to touch control?

Wash my version easier. Will you climb into the scripts and do touch control? Not everybody wants to do the same thing on every game and not everybody thinks about programming.

I even tried and searched for something. Requires pressing the number 0 and how do you press? I can finally play JAVA games calmly - as long as the game goes. As for the owners without push-button PDAs, I can only sympathize - take the keyboard, working on a blue tooth and play. Next time, do not take without push-button PDAs.

Rep: (912)
myhouse_1991.20.06.08 02:44:28
As for the owners without push-button PDAs, I can only sympathize - take the keyboard, working on a blue tooth and play. Next time, do not take without push-button PDAs.

IMHO, complete nonsense. Choose a PDA from the consideration of how it will be convenient to play java games. Then you need to take a smartphone.
And yet, I have 6 buttons on the PDA, but in Java games I use only the 2-left and right soft keys. And this does not prevent me from playing very many games

Rep: (0)
** novichok2008 ** @ 06/20/08 03:32:52
myhouse_1991.20.06.08 02:44:28
As for the owners without push-button PDAs, I can only sympathize - take the keyboard, working on a blue tooth and play. Next time, do not take without push-button PDAs.

IMHO, complete nonsense.

I do not think so...
The author wrote a very good faq .. :-)

Choose a PDA from the consideration of how it will be convenient to play java games.

Why precisely JAVA? Many games or emulators will not be able to play normally (mostly action games and arcade games), even created a section of the game with only a touch screen.
Then you need to take a smartphone

And he doesn’t have a touch screen, and without it is inconvenient
And yet, I have 6 buttons on the PDA, but in Java games I use only the 2-left and right soft keys. And this does not prevent me from playing very many games

For example: run Crime Sity - there without buttons *, # and 0 - you will not play normally

And generally let's stop offtopic. Here are some asked how to emulate pressing such buttons - I did. Do not like it - do not do it and don’t say: “What are you? Write your FAQ, and tell us how it is better, cooler, more convenient and clearer.

Post has been editedmyhouse_1991 - 20.06.08, 14:06

Do not be so hot you are. To adapt games for touch screens there is a special program, you don’t have to climb into any scripts. After using it, the screen is divided into tapsons, each responsible for its own button (i.e., tapped in the upper left corner of the screen - press key 3, etc.). And I didn’t name your FAQ with rubbish with crazy stuff, I just called ways that are objectively simpler and more convenient for the average user.

To adapt games for touch screens there is a special program.

Well, give me a link. I did not know what it is

Rep: (89)
myhouse_1991 ,
hereRun Java MIDlets on PDAs (post # 1296389).

daemonpnz ,
1) A distinctive feature of my FAQ is that you do not need a PC to adapt, but you need hard buttons, careful reading and patience. But after playing java sometimes you have to put everything in its place, which is not convenient.
2) And how to press there on * and #?
3) You can also use my FAQ not only to emulate pressing numeric buttons - you can also emulate pressing other buttons (CapsLock for example).

Everything worked out. Very useful and sensible guide, thanks! Author - well done B)

Rep: (43)
M
Raised the topic. I think this is important.

Thank you very much!!! : thank_you:

Post has been edited200193 - 17.04.09, 18:36

Rep: (25)
Author, you are well done, do not listen to people who are too lazy to read!

Rep: (41)
Super! The main thing is that everything works!

And what does this give? How does this matter for Java games tweak? Well, I will have when I click the camera button 1 to display what?
I want to press the hardware key when pressing the button on the virtual keyboard ... but I do not have hardware buttons on the communicator! (Well, with numbers) ...
And how do I implement this? So that I press 1 on the virtual keyboard, and the game thought I was pressing it on the real keyboard?

Post has been editedRaZieL - htc - 03.05.09, 11:34

Rep: (33)
Guys and how to find out the phone type scan code of the keyboard? The program laid out by the author can not .. I want to write from hard buttons))) but there is no keyboard (

Rep: (1)
thank you very muchmyhouse_1991 for clear FAQ! I really come in handy.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/17/19, 14:38